Emmerdale #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The classic eps are like a different show.

What happened to that good writing?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I caught up on Thursday's episode on itv hub and noticed there was an 18+ warning for the episode. Does anybody know why? It wasn't a violent episode or anything. Could it be for Priya's eating disorder storyline?

Reactions: 3
I caught up on Thursday's episode on itv hub and noticed there was an 18+ warning for the episode. Does anybody know why? It wasn't a violent episode or anything. Could it be for Priya's eating disorder storyline?
It should have had a boredom warning 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 18
i was looking on google for emmerdale maps, and it appears to be B and B next door to the woolpack pub, but if anyone can confirm?

Reactions: 1

Ellis has quit
The optics don’t look good for Emmerdale at the moment - 2 of the white cast have been accused of racism and 1 of their black cast members has quit due to the handling of it?

Makes me think that the producers were hoping that sending Matthew and Isobel off for a few weeks would sort it out. I’m curious as to what was said because if it’s enough to make someone quit? I do hope that if Matthew and Isobel have been racist that they are let go and not kept because they are prominent ‘stars’ or legacy characters.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Do we know the actress these comments were made about? Is she a current actress? If so, wouldn’t take much to work out who (Emmerdale isn’t very diverse as it is) ….a mixed race actress with an accent?!

Do we know the actress these comments were made about? Is she a current actress? If so, wouldn’t take much to work out who (Emmerdale isn’t very diverse as it is) ….a mixed race actress with an accent?!
It only happened a couple of months ago during the big stunt week so yes the actress is still in the show. When we were speculating at the time on here we think it’s one of the actresses who plays either Meena, Manpreet or Priya. Possibly airing on the side of Meena. None of them have a distinctive accent although someone could have used a generic Indian accent to mock them.

Reactions: 6
Yeah. Meena could have him as her next victim... Oh then the storyline goes on... Yeah getting a bit boring how she manages to kill so many people and not even be a suspect

Reactions: 4
Makes you wonder what was actually said in this racism allegation if the Ellis actor is prepared to walk away from a well paid role over it! I can't think of any mixed race female with an accent though (apart from a slightly posh accent).
The actor is no great loss really but I wonder if they will re-generate the character again? That's 2 Ellis actor's gone in the space of a few years!

Reactions: 4
Makes you wonder what was actually said in this racism accusation if the Ellis actor is prepared to walk away from a well paid role over it! I can't think of any mixed race female with an accent though (apart from a slightly posh accent).
The actor is no great loss really but I wonder if they will re-generate the character again?
More regenerations than Doctor Who

• Haha
Reactions: 8
More regenerations than Doctor Who
hehe - yeah! I'd like to see the character actually re-generate like Dr Who, in front of Marlon and Paddy. They would think their microwave mushroom and chicken pies at the Woolpack had been spiked with magic mushrooms!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Makes you wonder what was actually said in this racism allegation if the Ellis actor is prepared to walk away from a well paid role over it!

No one else seems to have spoken out about it either.
So if there was racism, why has no one backed him up, I wonder?
In particular the actress against whom the racism was alleged to have happened.
Does she not feel she was insulted/discriminated against or whatever he is alleging? Is he offended on her behalf?

It is very mysterious.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.