Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Good news here tonight, my Dad has finally left intensive care after just over 7 weeks 😁 He's still in hospital but moved to a stroke rehab ward as he's needs similar care to build his strength up before he can come home. But he's no longer classed as critical 💕💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 75

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
This won’t be popular but I’m so confused by this thread,

people are scared to go near their friends or family members, they’re scared to go shopping, they’re scared for the government to relax lockdown and they’re refusing to let kids go back to school because the R rate isn’t low enough,
They’re critising neighbours and friends for having grandparents or family over, they’re watching peopgathering in parks.

but protests are ok.
The threat of the virus can’t be mentioned because it’s a protest.

the virus doesn’t change because the protests are needed.
The virus is still there.

protests ARE needed, I think we all know that,
but in relation to the spread of the virus, you can’t say a thing against them, or say anything against the looting taking place,
Police can’t ask them to break up, even if they’re gathering in thousands.

I can accept they’re needed, but I’m also confused at the people who are so scared to do anything out side of their household because of the coronavirus,
saying they would go to protest.

please don’t think I’m trying to start something I just don’t understand how that works

I don’t care that people aren’t social distancing, I don’t care that it might increase infection.. it’s not ideal but we need to fight for equality!!!
And if we are at risk of a second wave,
we throw it all away, everything, we just throw all the progress made away,
Millions die, the economy crashes....

there has to be a way to make changes to BOTH without throwing the baby out with the bathwater

Reactions: 32

bubbletea123

VIP Member
The protests are hugely risky but it's also SO important for these protests to happen. Despite the fact protests like these have happened before, these ones feel more impactful so far and I think continuing them while the going is good is the best thing. People are fed up.

They're holding onto this thread of hope that they have, and hopefully something will come of it this time. I'm not naive enough to think it will have much of an impact because it never seems to as a whole, but it's having a huge impact on people individually and people who usually keep quiet are using their voice instead of staying silent (which is so important). I think it's finally made people realise that it's not enough to be not racist. I think this particular death shocked people more than others (which it shouldn't have done really) - because it was so clearly a murder. Even people who usually argue it can't argue that the cop was definitely in the wrong. Some are trying of course... but it's a minority.

But yeah it's a huge risk in terms of the virus and it is very worrying but this is also a super important moment in history and I hope they don't give up. I'd be doing more myself if I didn't have my children to take care of. It's a shame it happened in the middle of a pandemic.
I agree. LOUD protests are needed. I don't like the looting but you get bad eggs in all situations, and it is a small number of people amongst the thousands of people protesting. I am DISGUSTED at seeing the footage of police running people over with their vehicles, knocking them to the ground, pulling their masks down and gassing/pepper-spraying them, pulling a car over and smashing the windows of it and hurting the people. HOW DARE THEY. They are doing it so openly because they feel they can get away with it and this HAS TO STOP. There needs to be change!!

Not ideal with the Covid situation but George Floyd was just MURDERED in public by the police even though members of the public were begging them to stop. If black people are being killed so freely by the police, WHO are they meant to call for help??? We ALL need to be loud about this and have conversations with people we know about how change has to happen!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I hope we do have to wear a mask in hairdressing salons. I bloody hate looking at myself in those awful mirrors. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
God!
Have you seen the news that South Korea have had to re-shut their schools not long after reopening them due to a spike?

I honestly have big reservations about schools going back. I know up here in Scotland they are going for a mid August return.

Any English parents on here... what’s your thoughts about your schools reopening sooner?
I hate admitting this because I have received backlash personally. I am sending mine in. I believe it’s for the best for them. I have spoken to the school, I’m happy with the measures taking place and I’m happy to get a bit of a routine/new surroundings etc into my children’s lives. I can see how much it has affected them (although appreciate other children deal with things differently)

I know there are many that do not agree but this is a decision I am making for my family and I believe it’s for the best for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I've made the decision to go sit with my mum and dad next weekend socially distanced in their garden. I'm doing this as I feel there's going to be another spike and before all us get locked back down. It'll be 11 weeks on Saturday since I saw either of them and I need it to be honest. Not sure if it's allowed for those shielding but using my own judgement. Need to see them before having it taken away for months again

• Heart
Reactions: 23

SarahGard83

VIP Member
It's my birthday today. Trying to decide what to do with the day. Might just drink loads of gin and get pissed!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The McFlurry should never have taken the place of the caramel or chocolate sundae and I don’t care that this is the wrong thread to express this opinion.

It’s a fucking fact.

3404A84F-540C-417D-8F62-3DCA1D396DD1.jpeg

If you don’t agree you’re wrong and I can’t help you.

• Haha
  • Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I agree. LOUD protests are needed. I don't like the looting but you get bad eggs in all situations, and it is a small number of people amongst the thousands of people protesting. I am DISGUSTED at seeing the footage of police running people over with their vehicles, knocking them to the ground, pulling their masks down and gassing/pepper-spraying them, pulling a car over and smashing the windows of it and hurting the people. HOW DARE THEY. They are doing it so openly because they feel they can get away with it and this HAS TO STOP. There needs to be change!!

Not ideal with the Covid situation but George Floyd was just MURDERED in public by the police even though members of the public were begging them to stop. If black people are being killed so freely by the police, WHO are they meant to call for help??? We ALL need to be loud about this and have conversations with people we know about how change has to happen!!
THIS THIS THIS

Put a white non-uniformed person behind that wheel.. make it a non-cop car driving into the crowds and it would be terrorism!! What the police are doing IS NOT OK.

I don’t care that people aren’t social distancing, I don’t care that it might increase infection.. it’s not ideal but we need to fight for equality!!!

“i am not black, but i see you.
i am not black, but i hear you.
i am not black, but i mourn with you.
i am not black, but i will continue to fight for you.”

Last edited:
  • Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Little one back from school. She had a really good day and absolutely loved it. Think there were 10 in her 'bubble'. Very chatty on the way home :)

• Heart

Kermy5

Boris saying he won't talk about Cummings anymore. He's like one of those boyfriends who refuses to discuss your feelings after he's done something wrong. Aka a prick.

• Haha

Kermy5

Unpopular opinion but I’m sick of the persistent Cummings questions. Today is a big day for announcements. Yes it was shit, yes people will probably bend the rules because of it but just wish it would move on.
Tell that to the people who couldn't be with their dying family members. Everyone has made sacrifices during these months and they deserve justice and fairness and to see that prick Cummings made accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Littlest (reception) started back at school today.

We queued 2m apart like anywhere else, school played music outside and all the staff were lined up chatting to us. Her teacher came out and got them one by one.

Two girls in her class (who are attached at the hip) held hands in the queue and no one rushed in and stopped which I was worried would happen.

My daughter was up at 6am with excitement and skipped in so excited! We were there early as our walking route in is normally where an upper school plus our school walks and it was empty. Out of her class of 30 I think there were about 12 of us.

I hope she has a nice day 🤞

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I took mine to the park and they were playing together, and there were what I assume to be only children sat with their parents looking so sad. One little boy made moves to come and join and his mum had to call him back. Made me feel so sad it’s like a form of child abuse.
i know an only child who hasn’t seen his friends since nursery/schools closed.
He’s just turned 5, lives quite close so was invited to join them on Thursday, but he didn’t want to play with them (there was 5 of them together all from the same group of houses) because he’s scared to join in, not because of the virus he was just scared to join his own friends 😞 Like he forgot how to play.

He eventually did join and had fun,
but he was very upset and overwhelmed yesterday.
It’s effected them more than I ever thought.

• Sad

JLXRD

VIP Member
The justification for this seems to be that everyone has stayed in for two weeks, no symptoms so we can cuddle and touch again because we are OK 😕

Ive noticed a few people saying that don't feel safe going back to work so have asked to remain on Furlough, are not sending their children back to Nursery and school (that can go back) because it's not safe and are quite fearful of catching Covid.

Yet they've all been paddling in the stream with other families, definitely not social distancing in our nearest big park and letting their children play with others!
This. I will probs get hate for saying so but I think a lot of people are taking this virus for all they can and taking the absolute piss.

People keep saying 'but most people want to work'... sorry but i don't beleive that when they can be off with their families getting full pay and not having to get up to do the school run every day. I've worked through this (from home admittedly, though i have found it incredibly difficult) so maybe I am just bitter but I do feel like if people can use being scared as a reason to stay furloughed with no consequences to their income (even dropping to 80% isn't an issue for a lot of people if you can't go do anything!)

Sorry for the rant and I know there are people out the who desperately want to go back or where 80% just covers their expenses and this is absolutely not directed at them but the people who won't go back to work or send their kids to school but will go to a packed beach just boils my blood.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Hobbitsies

I am getting increasingly annoyed with the blatant ignoring of people’s mental health through the impact of not seeing their loved ones.

I don’t give a shit about football, Macdonalds, a holiday if I can’t hug my partner or my little cousins. It is tone deaf to open all this but expect people to not see their loved ones.

They say it is about morale but it isn’t it is about money. It is was about morale they would recognise people need their loved ones. I understand the economy needs started because it does, open all this shit by all means but at least ACKNOWLEDGE that having little to no human touch for coming on three months is fucking important.

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Yes for sure . The handful of people I want to hug is very small.

Social distance in shops etc can stay forever as far as I'm concered
The only people I like hugging are my husband and my kids. I can do that so I’m ok.

I feel this is the only place I can say this, I’m enjoying not seeing people. I enjoy being at home pottering around and I’ve gained a new sense of confidence as the worry of people seeing me and judging me had gone down. I went out in a dress I’ve had for years but never worn as it was short and my arms were out. Husband said I looked amazing and the lady as the garden centre said it was really lovely 😊

My mum keeps saying how she misses life and I agree as not to sound weird.

• Heart

bubbletea123

VIP Member
So many people gathering for these protests this weekend. I understand l their reasons for protesting but the virus hasn’t gone away so I am surprised by these people’s stupidity. 🤦🏻‍♀️
It is NOT stupidity. It is a DESPERATION for change. Black people have been oppressed for years. I am saying this a white person. With the virus it is awful timing but it has to be done.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Literally don’t give a single shit about Mc Donald’s or shagging a neighbour 🤣😂

feeling quite smug.

also.
Who the fuck is gonna follow this “law”. insanity.

• Haha
  • Heart