Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Do you have faith in the new track & trace system? Do you have faith in the U.K. government?

• Yes (track and trace)

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • No (track and trace)

Votes: 248 58.9%
  • Yes (I still have faith the U.K. government will get us out of this)

Votes: 53 12.6%
  • No (I don’t have faith the U.K. government will get us out of this)

Votes: 339 80.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With regards to the 2m/1m rule. The science in other countries seems to suggest that 1m is fine. My parents in Italy only have to be 1m apart.

Reactions: 8
what I don't get about the pubs in particular opening is surely they need to make sure the virus is fully gone before opening them as everyone and their mother is going to want to go to the pub? especially the first night out after lockdown it'll be black friday but worse. You can't socially distance in a pub on an average saturday night as it is

Reactions: 8
what I don't get about the pubs in particular opening is surely they need to make sure the virus is fully gone before opening them as everyone and their mother is going to want to go to the pub? especially the first night out after lockdown it'll be black friday but worse. You can't socially distance in a pub on an average saturday night as it is
Don't forget Tim Martin is a big contributor to the Tories he knew the pubs were to open ages ago ;)

Reactions: 2
What if it's never fully gone? There's all this talk of vaccines being the solution we need but that could still go the way of all the early fuss about ventilators and amount to nothing, I reckon. What if it goes like flu for which you need a jab every winter? Don't forget those annual flu jabs are only an "educated guess" at the strains of flu that will be around in a year's time as well, because it takes a long time to get enough of the flu jabs produced.

Anyway gonna repost this because it was right at the end of the last thread, and I think people need to know how much fun the future of pub and restaurant dining is. Can't wait to see what happens when someone sneezes in one, and it dribbles down the inside and on to their tasty burger :ROFLMAO:

1590664014711.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
In some countries in Europe, clubs and bars will be reopening next month. I don't see this happening here anytime soon though. Same goes for hair salons. I'm desperate for a haircut though 😖💇‍♀️ My hair is a tangled mess these days.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
I’ve stopped watching the briefings, have they said they’re going to announce more change tonight?

Reactions: 3
Huge spike in North Wales that isn’t being reported much, if at all.
2A8809F3-FB9C-42B2-BEF2-B2FC94F88A80.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
In some countries they only stay 1m and some 1.5m... I believe the WHO recommends 1m. So if the UK reduce it, it'll mean less waiting to enter shops etc. I've read that that is the thinking behind it.

Thank you to the mobile hairdresser who said she will wait as long as it takes to be safe. I've a mobile hairdresser on my FB who keeps breaking the rules with her family and keeps posting about whether she can open on 1st June (when non essential shops can). She doesn't seem to understand that they can ONLY open BC they can out measure in place.

I really hope she doesn't start taking clients.

@Buzzbee I know what you mean, totally re people needing to get back to work. I can't remember your exact words but I'm concerned that if some salons don't follow protocol and some customers don't care because they are desperate to sort their hair and waxing needs... Number of cases will rise etc.

I nd many others are doing as much as I can including not seeing my own family for about 6 months now as they live a few hrs drive... If everyone was selfish they'd be another wave and we wouldn't have 'squashed the curve' much like the miners strikes and the 'scabs' type thing.

Reactions: 4
My local hairdresser is asking customers to wear a mask when they open

In some countries they only stay 1m and some 1.5m... I believe the WHO recommends 1m. So if the UK reduce it, it'll mean less waiting to enter shops etc. I've read that that is the thinking behind it.

Thank you to the mobile hairdresser who said she will wait as long as it takes to be safe. I've a mobile hairdresser on my FB who keeps breaking the rules with her family and keeps posting about whether she can open on 1st June (when non essential shops can). She doesn't seem to understand that they can ONLY open BC they can out measure in place.

@Buzzbee I know what you mean, totally re people needing to get back to work. I can't remember your exact words but I'm concerned that if some salons don't follow protocol and some customers don't care because they are desperate to sort their hair and waxing needs... Number of cases will rise etc.

I nd many others are doing as much as I can including not seeing my own family for about 6 months now as they live a few hrs drive... If everyone was selfish they'd be another wave and we wouldn't have 'squashed the curve' much like the miners strikes and the 'scabs' type thing.
That's why people need to take responsibility for their own actions ,other people can't be responsible "for you" so to speak !

That's why people need to take responsibility for their own actions ,other people can't be responsible "for you" so to speak !
I think that's always been the approach tbh. They knew not everyone was going to listen to lockdown but there was hope that enough of us would that it would slow the rate.

I think that's always been the approach tbh. They knew not everyone was going to listen to lockdown but there was hope that enough of us would that it would slow the rate.
Yes I know the person was saying they're worried people won't follow protocol in salons etc ..I'm saying we're only responsible for ourselves if you don't think it's safe you have a choice weather or not to use the service..

Yes I know the person was saying they're worried people won't follow protocol in salons etc ..I'm saying we're only responsible for ourselves if you don't think it's safe you have a choice weather or not to use the service..
Yeah you do have the choice... But when people choose to go in the salon that isn't using PPE - catch covid - then go to Tesco 2 days later and then cough on me in a supermarket and pass on covid - that's the issue.

That is why we ALL should follow the guidelines and salons and every workplace should be reported and closed if they don't follow the rules as it basically a matter of life and death!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If

That was me, I have two kids at home to think about, im not sending my yr1 back as it’s not safe, so me going back to work when it’s still not ‘safe’ is out of the question, i will lose clients, I will have people moaning at me constantly, but I am going to have to enter people’s homes, it’s not like a salon where they can limit the people they are in contact with. I will potentially be mixing with kids, key workers ect all under one roof 😩 i

I'm kicking myself that I had a crush on Hancock after seeing him laughing during that interview. Tories are always horrid but this has to be the worst bunch we've ever had! Vile lying creatures!!
As for track and trace, someone will phone you to find out who you've been near, my cousin cant even answer the phone, not even her mobile, so how is that going to work if she tested positive?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm kicking myself that I had a crush on Hancock after seeing him laughing during that interview. Tories are always horrid but this has to be the worst bunch we've ever had! Vile lying creatures!!
As for track and trace, someone will phone you to find out who you've been near, my cousin cant even answer the phone, not even her mobile, so how is that going to work if she tested positive?
The phone call isn’t a very accessible way to reach everyone but I also don’t know what else they could do that’s immediate.

I never answer the phone to numbers I don’t know😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.