Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I doubt it’s actually illegal, however it is against the lockdown advice. You should not be meeting anyone outside your household inside or be within 2 meters of them outside.

Sex isn’t exactly a British thing to talk about so I highly doubt it’s even evening considered. I think bubbles would be good but I know people would take the piss as they already are. Frankly the vast majority of people aren’t following lockdown down anyway!
It looks as though they are presenting it to Parliament today.

Reactions: 4
In other news, I'm looking forward to Maccies potentially opening tomorrow 🥳 I will be one of the muppets in the queue!
im actually jealous 🤣
we would go but nearest open one to us is 1/2 hour drive away (the greedy ba$tsrds also have the option of 4 Maccie D drive throughs in their immediate area 😭😭).
The one closest to me is on an A road (a.20 min walk/5 min drive) and would cause traffic chaos with queues so can see why it hasnt opened!

Reactions: 2
It looks as though they are presenting it to Parliament today.

Don’t they have better things to focus on. Either way, it’s technically not allowed but I guess as cases are still increasing in the communities despite people not having much contact for 10 weeks it’s obviously happening somewhere.

I know of one couple who haves stayed at each other’s regularly throughout the whole lockdown and she works for the NHS 🤦🏻‍♀️

As there is so much technology around people really need to look at the bigger picture. There are some couples who have been together for years who choose not to live together but if they were that desperate they should have moved in together for lockdown, I know plenty of people who did and those in newer relationships will just need to wait. I went a year without any before I met my husband and I survived! People in long distance relationships make it work a few more weeks will be ok.

Reactions: 3
I want a maccies SO bad when they open, but both my 'local' ones are a nightmare normally I dread to think the traffic jam they'll cause now🤦‍♀️ I suppose I'll have to wait a few more weeks

If this has already been mentioned I apologise, BUT, last night it was reported in my local news paper that it is now illegal to have sex with someone that does not live with you. Wtf? I get that you cant visit someone in their home but I don’t see how allowing single people with partners that live away from them isn’t okay? Surely it comes under care because EVERYONE needs emotional support too. Regardless of social distancing how long can it be considered reasonable to keep people away from their respective other halves and expect them to not break the rules and visit each other. My best friend is living with us, and last night she was very upset as the prospect that she may not be able to meet anyone and start a relationship/family for YEARS. She is at an age where she would like children and to meet someone long term. What is happening.
Its bloody ridiculous they cant keep human beings apart forever. Plus unless you have curtain twitching neighbours how would the police know? The police cant even control people breaking lockdown rules outside so how are they going to control people having sex, check every non married persons house?. :giggle:

Don’t they have better things to focus on. Either way, it’s technically not allowed but I guess as cases are still increasing in the communities despite people not having much contact for 10 weeks it’s obviously happening somewhere.

I know of one couple who haves stayed at each other’s regularly throughout the whole lockdown and she works for the NHS 🤦🏻‍♀️

As there is so much technology around people really need to look at the bigger picture. There are some couples who have been together for years who choose not to live together but if they were that desperate they should have moved in together for lockdown, I know plenty of people who did and those in newer relationships will just need to wait. I went a year without any before I met my husband and I survived! People in long distance relationships make it work a few more weeks will be ok.
I think you're being quite harsh.

A lot of people don't have the option to move in before lockdown as mentioned if you live in a family home which isn't big enough for more people to be in, or live in shared housing which isn't fair to add another person to. Yes people in long distance relationships can make it work a few more weeks, but it may not be weeks, it could be months. I am not in a new relationship but we are not in a position to move in together so have had to go without seeing each other which has been hard and sucks, and there is no end in sight. Of course theres technology how do you think people have coped but people are allowed to be missing loved ones and feeling the strain, have a bit of compassion.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

It’s easy to have this outlook when you’re in lockdown with your husband. I didn’t have the option to move in with my long term boyfriend befor lockdown. For any contact with him to be criminalised is wrong. I’m aware it would’ve been breaking social distancing anyway, but there’s no need for it to be illegal.

Reactions: 7
People in long distance relationships can go for months without seeing each other, military wife’s goes months know they may never see their husband again.

Sex is high risk in terms of an airborne virus, the more people that comply the quicker we will get back to normal but if people keep flouting the rules it will keep spreading.

My husband and I live in all sorts of situations before we go our own place and made it work. We had a single room in a shared house for a year, then we had a studio flat for another 3. We lived with my parents for 1. I do have compassion, but I just think people need to wait for a little longer. Those who live alone could have moved their partners in and those who live with family have people around them.

It’s easy to have this outlook when you’re in lockdown with your husband. I didn’t have the option to move in with my long term boyfriend befor lockdown. For any contact with him to be criminalised is wrong. I’m aware it would’ve been breaking social distancing anyway, but there’s no need for it to be illegal.
I don’t agree with it being illegal, but I guess so many aren’t following the rules so they have gone down this route.

I’d argue that you could use the clause “to provide care” if you were caught visiting a loved one or partner - surely after 10 weeks of no contact they have to take peoples mental health into account. This is just getting ridiculous now.

Reactions: 4
People in long distance relationships can go for months without seeing each other, military wife’s goes months know they may never see their husband again.

Sex is high risk in terms of an airborne virus, the more people that comply the quicker we will get back to normal but if people keep flouting the rules it will keep spreading.

My husband and I live in all sorts of situations before we go our own place and made it work. We had a single room in a shared house for a year, then we had a studio flat for another 3. We lived with my parents for 1. I do have compassion, but I just think people need to wait for a little longer. Those who live alone could have moved their partners in and those who live with family have people around them.

I don’t agree with it being illegal, but I guess so many aren’t following the rules so they have gone down this route.
Yes people do go months but when its not your norm and you aren't used to it is increasingly hard, especially when things are starting to open up i.e. primark but theres no timeframe on seeing loved ones.

Thats great for you and your husband but did you live through a pandemic doing it? Were you stuck in those housing arrangements for months unable to leave except for an hour a day? No doubt it, you were going to work, shopping etc I assume.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Literally don’t give a single tit about Mc Donald’s or shagging a neighbour 🤣😂

feeling quite smug.

also.
Who the duck is gonna follow this “law”. insanity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Littlest (reception) started back at school today.

We queued 2m apart like anywhere else, school played music outside and all the staff were lined up chatting to us. Her teacher came out and got them one by one.

Two girls in her class (who are attached at the hip) held hands in the queue and no one rushed in and stopped which I was worried would happen.

My daughter was up at 6am with excitement and skipped in so excited! We were there early as our walking route in is normally where an upper school plus our school walks and it was empty. Out of her class of 30 I think there were about 12 of us.

I hope she has a nice day 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.