Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People are bending the rules more and more, even those that have been following stringently from the get go. But I think it’s getting to the point people are willing to risk getting the virus if it means getting back to some sort of normality.

Reactions: 14
Ive seen that the last few times Ive done my food shop kids wandering in the middle of the aisle. Im not saying they shouldn't bring kids because the woman could have been a single parent but at least keep them close. :rolleyes:
It was a families out with their kids, I understand it's nice to do things as a family but at least watch and educate kids on what's expected now

Reactions: 2
As much as it's doing my head in. I feel lucky that myself and my family are shielding. With all these easing of restrictions I can't see anything other than a huge disaster just around the corner!

Reactions: 7
People are bending the rules more and more, even those that have been following stringently from the get go. But I think it’s getting to the point people are willing to risk getting the virus if it means getting back to some sort of normality.
Honestly, I feel like I'm gonna die from the 'rona, my cancer or suicide

• Sad
Reactions: 10
All will be tested prior to games. Anyone positive will isolate and not be able to play, so it's pretty safe.

This includes all those who work at grounds/refs/tv crew/coaches as well as all players.
So I’m guessing their results come back instantly 🤨😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
All will be tested prior to games. Anyone positive will isolate and not be able to play, so it's pretty safe.

This includes all those who work at grounds/refs/tv crew/coaches as well as all players.
Will the team and everyone they've been in contact with not have to isolate I'd imagine they all train together..

Yes for sure . The handful of people I want to hug is very small.

Social distance in shops etc can stay forever as far as I'm concered
The only people I like hugging are my husband and my kids. I can do that so I’m ok.

I feel this is the only place I can say this, I’m enjoying not seeing people. I enjoy being at home pottering around and I’ve gained a new sense of confidence as the worry of people seeing me and judging me had gone down. I went out in a dress I’ve had for years but never worn as it was short and my arms were out. Husband said I looked amazing and the lady as the garden centre said it was really lovely 😊

My mum keeps saying how she misses life and I agree as not to sound weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
let’s leave this conversation here,
And I wish you and the families you care for well.
but I stand by what I say, a child who has picked up on their parents anxiety, who display anxieties themselves,
Are NOT VICTIMS OF ABUSE.

You took my comment about a child, who was finding it hard to mingle with his peers and play with them again and you ran with it.

sometimes you don’t need courses and guideline and cv updates to know how to be with a kid or parent that’s struggling 🤷‍♀️

Not where this conversation started....

clearly you haven’t tried Brussel Sprouts with fairy non bio..... 😐
Game changing
It's green boxes, only seem them with the waitrose eggs? Don't know any others. We have sainsburys ones but it's like a brown box but could paint them green?

I’ve taken myself away from the news but is the track and trace the app or just a case of handing over phone numbers? I don’t feel happy having an app tracking my location and a lot of the time I go out without it!

Reactions: 3
I’ve taken myself away from the news but is the track and trace the app or just a case of handing over phone numbers? I don’t feel happy having an app tracking my location and a lot of the time I go out without it!
Doesn’t really work for health care professionals and carers 😂

Email from school yesterday, they now wont be opening next week and have delayed until at least the 22nd of June. They have said they want track and trace up and running effectively before they go ahead with opening. And that they definitely will not be opening to wider years before the summer holidays.
They've said plans are already in place for September and it is looking likely that all children will be on a part time/staggered timetable to allow for every child to have some time in school with teachers and peers.
Lots of upset parents on Facebook who had told their children they would be returning next week and now have to tell them they won't be.
I understand why the parents are upset, we all want some normality, but I would massively respect how honest the school is being. They are basically telling you all that they don’t feel that it is safe for the children to return yet whilst also managing people’s expectations about how the new term and foreseeable future will be different.

Where this does become an issue though, is in the terms of childcare. If some children are only doing 9am-12pm or 11am-1pm etc to make sure that every child gets the opportunity to go to school, then workplaces will need to become a lot more flexible in terms of working hours and routine. This will obviously lead to more pressure being put on those employees who don’t have childcare constraints because they will be “more reliable” in the short term.

My boyfriend has been working from home throughout the lockdown and he has a team member who’s wife is about to return to work from maternity leave. He is the breadwinner. They are not wanting to send their child to the nursery at this time and obviously cannot ask other family members to have the baby. Due to this, he wants to reduce his hours or work more flexibly but it has been decided by the employer that they cannot allow this as it wouldn’t work for them. They have suggested he be furloughed but he is reluctant to do this also as it would mean a drop in pay. If I were the wife, it would make logical sense to me that I ask to be furloughed because I had already been out of work and on lower maternity pay anyway. I am very much for equality of the sexes and pay but I think if the schools continue to take this route, we will see a return of one parent working and one staying at home to look after the children. I could be wrong but I have a hunch.

Reactions: 5
I've always been happy to stay in but it's starting to have a significant impact on my mental health. Sadly I think it's because I've realised how lonely I am, as I don't even have anyone to see after lockdown is lifted - so I can't really solve it by meeting up with anyone. i've realised I've done it to myself to, I pushed many people away over the years so I can't blame anyone but myself.

I'm worried about my job as I don't think they'll be able to afford to subsidise furlough and if we open up again they won't need as many staff. I'm only part time there and I don't think they'll keep me when the rest of the staff are full time and way more flexible. And are just better at the job than I am. My anxiety affects my performance more than I care to admit. They'll either cut my hours right down or get rid of me entirely, either way I'll be screwed. I have a second job that I might be able to go back to soon but I'm not sure as I'll need childcare. My kids' childminder already has kids of a frontline keyworker (who are obviously more important than mine) so I don't think she'll be allowed to have any more.

I could do with proper therapy again and adult interaction. My therapist has suggested a face to face appointment soon as she knows I'm struggling. I'd meet up with old family who I haven't seen in years just to see someone but I doubt they'd want to risk their family for someone they haven't seen in over 8 years. I feel so stuck in a rut with my life right now. It took lockdown for me to realise it and I can't do anything about it because of lockdown. So I'm stuck in a dangerous cycle at the moment. I'm also having horrific night terrors that stick with me all day and keep me from being a suffient human, let alone a good mother. They're safe and looked after but shoving them in front of the TV or iPad is my favourite non-parenting tactic right now 🙃

Phewww. Feels good to get all that off my chest even if it's only half of it. 😅

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've always been happy to stay in but it's starting to have a significant impact on my mental health. Sadly I think it's because I've realised how lonely I am, as I don't even have anyone to see after lockdown is lifted - so I can't really solve it by meeting up with anyone. i've realised I've done it to myself to, I pushed many people away over the years so I can't blame anyone but myself.

I'm worried about my job as I don't think they'll be able to afford to subsidise furlough and if we open up again they won't need as many staff. I'm only part time there and I don't think they'll keep me when the rest of the staff are full time and way more flexible. And are just better at the job than I am. My anxiety affects my performance more than I care to admit. They'll either cut my hours right down or get rid of me entirely, either way I'll be screwed. I have a second job that I might be able to go back to soon but I'm not sure as I'll need childcare. My kids' childminder already has kids of a frontline keyworker (who are obviously more important than mine) so I don't think she'll be allowed to have any more.

I could do with proper therapy again and adult interaction. My therapist has suggested a face to face appointment soon as she knows I'm struggling. I'd meet up with old family who I haven't seen in years just to see someone but I doubt they'd want to risk their family for someone they haven't seen in over 8 years. I feel so stuck in a rut with my life right now. It took lockdown for me to realise it and I can't do anything about it because of lockdown. So I'm stuck in a dangerous cycle at the moment. I'm also having horrific night terrors that stick with me all day and keep me from being a suffient human, let alone a good mother. They're safe and looked after but shoving them in front of the TV or iPad is my favourite non-parenting tactic right now 🙃

Phewww. Feels good to get all that off my chest even if it's only half of it. 😅
Sounds like you need hugs 😿💓 try to contact family. Family is family 8years is a long time but time to start build up a relationship again. Stay strong and stay positive x

Reactions: 6
So I’m guessing their results come back instantly 🤨😂
I didn't say that but they are under 24 hours as there was a big thing made of how they get the results quicker than key workers and the receive periodic consistent testing. Sounds quite safe when you compare it other professions returning despite the proximity 🤷‍♀️ plus they can refuse to return if uncomfortable.

I understand why the parents are upset, we all want some normality, but I would massively respect how honest the school is being. They are basically telling you all that they don’t feel that it is safe for the children to return yet whilst also managing people’s expectations about how the new term and foreseeable future will be different.

Where this does become an issue though, is in the terms of childcare. If some children are only doing 9am-12pm or 11am-1pm etc to make sure that every child gets the opportunity to go to school, then workplaces will need to become a lot more flexible in terms of working hours and routine. This will obviously lead to more pressure being put on those employees who don’t have childcare constraints because they will be “more reliable” in the short term.

My boyfriend has been working from home throughout the lockdown and he has a team member who’s wife is about to return to work from maternity leave. He is the breadwinner. They are not wanting to send their child to the nursery at this time and obviously cannot ask other family members to have the baby. Due to this, he wants to reduce his hours or work more flexibly but it has been decided by the employer that they cannot allow this as it wouldn’t work for them. They have suggested he be furloughed but he is reluctant to do this also as it would mean a drop in pay. If I were the wife, it would make logical sense to me that I ask to be furloughed because I had already been out of work and on lower maternity pay anyway. I am very much for equality of the sexes and pay but I think if the schools continue to take this route, we will see a return of one parent working and one staying at home to look after the children. I could be wrong but I have a hunch.
I agree, i do feel the school have kept us informed throughout, i know children need some pre warning of change but i can't understand why parents gave a specific day/week to the kids when it was never set in stone. They always said it would hinge on the 28th and the science reports.
Childcare will become an issue but i imagine people will need to utilise childminders/nurserys (ours locally pick up primary aged children) and possibly family/friends by then.
I think i would be happy with a part time, timetable in September, i personally feel there is a lot of 'guff' in the school day that could be cut out and i know my eldest would definitely benefit from a shorter school day, especially in the winter months.

Reactions: 3
I didn't say that but they are under 24 hours as there was a big thing made of how they get the results quicker than key workers. Sounds quite safe when you compare it other professions returning despite the proximity 🤷‍♀️ plus they can refuse to return of uncomfortable.
It wasn’t a dig at you , it was a joke at how it’s stupid for contact sport to resume. You would need ideally instant results because 24 hour testing prior is pointless, whose to say they don’t come into contact with the virus in that period . Testing is only as good as the day it’s took on

I still have no idea if my holiday to Gran Canaria will be going ahead on 2nd July.
I can't get an answer from the travel agent other than 'its reviewed on a week by week basis'

I need to know if I have to do last minute holiday shopping, and find out about the 14 days quarantine when we return so I can ask for further time off work.
Does anyone know if there's any kind of update?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.