Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t find where it was mentioned earlier but it isn’t true that kids need to get viruses to build immunity to other viruses later in life. So if they get a sickness bug, it doesn’t stop them getting a different sickness bug. It just stops them getting that same sickness bug. Same with viruses. Obviously there are exceptions - chickenpox for example, once caught typically gives life long immunity. Unknown at the moment for Covid.

It’s a frustrating myth. Better off letting your kid dig around in the mud and build their microbiome than willingly sending them towards snotty kids to ‘build their immune systems’

Reactions: 5
duck that's funny.

I re-booked a holiday that I'd cancelled. UK - Aug. Don't know why really but I was having a really bad week and just needed something to look forward to and website said they will open on 6th July. Now I'm stressing because what if no-one in that area wants holiday makers there. I sort of forgot that.

I got quite a good deal - a caravan with decking for cheaper than the original one without decking! If we get to go, it's going to rain for the entire fortnight isn't it 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I just feel like we're moving way too fast! If people followed the rules then maybe it would be ok but its obvious people aren't. Theres gonna be bbqs, sharing food, sauces etc drinks and then the social distancing will go out of the window.

Imo I think Boris shouldnt have mentioned bbqs and specifically said, dont share food/drinks and to not go into the house.

He said to wash your hands before eating so that means you have to go back into the persons house 🤷🏻‍♀️ its just STUPID!

I know its not suppose to be til Monday, but I went to my mams yesterday and sat in the garden with her. She had got a chair out that no one else had used (picked it up with an anti bac wipe 😂) and put it in the corner for me. I went through the side gate (shoved open with my foot) and took my own bottle of pop n some crisps 😂 Spent a couple of hours there and it was SO nice. Didnt really miss the hugging as we're not really a huggy family. My stepdad and brother came out for a while and it was just so nice.

Taking a sandwich and drink and sitting in my dads garden next week too! Im lucky they both only live 10 mins away 🙂

Reactions: 12
Imo I think Boris shouldnt have mentioned bbqs and specifically said, dont share food/drinks and to not go into the house.
Sturgeon said this in Scotland and people are taking the piss and doing it anyway.

Reactions: 3
I think that's what the journalist was getting at when he asked about the 8000+ cases ,they know people are not following the rules..

Reactions: 2
Just looking at the news reports of all the crowds, the so called government may as well just say balls to it ,do what you f******g want. It seems only a small minority sticking by the rules. I live on the South Coast and from what friends were posting on Facebook our town was heaving. We had the lowest cases at one point and now all these morons are going to put it right up.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
So its my daughters birthday next week. We will be having people in the garden. Sticking to the numbers but what do you reccommend I should do for drinks and stuff?
I thought about buying a large tray of cupcakes disposable napkins (would be doing anyway as I'm no baker).
But what about drinks? I thought getting some bottles of water and cans of pop and leaving them in an iced bucket, to keep them cool.
There will be a birthday cake but dont think people will want to be eating a slice when it's no doubt going to be covered in kids spit 🤢😬

Reactions: 3
So its my daughters birthday next week. We will be having people in the garden. Sticking to the numbers but what do you reccommend I should do for drinks and stuff?
I thought about buying a large tray of cupcakes disposable napkins (would be doing anyway as I'm no baker).
But what about drinks? I thought getting some bottles of water and cans of pop and leaving them in an iced bucket, to keep them cool.
There will be a birthday cake but dont think people will want to be eating a slice when it's no doubt going to be covered in kids spit 🤢😬
Is it your daughter shares the same birthday as my son the 6th,I'd go for cupcakes

America is in for a huge increase in cases due to the riots now going on all over the states, all because of one man's action which resulted in another mans death.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Is it your daughter shares the same birthday as my son the 6th,I'd go for cupcakes
Yes it is 🥰
Couldnt really think of anything else. She invited the whole street to her back garden pool party last night at our weekly street quiz. Ffs 🙃 Oh and also her teacher, shes lovley so she can come 😂
Hope no stragglers turn up, just invited family 😂

• Haha
Yes it is 🥰
Couldnt really think of anything else. She invited the whole street to her back garden pool party last night at our weekly street quiz. Ffs 🙃 Oh and also her teacher, shes lovley so she can come 😂
Hope no stragglers turn up, just invited family 😂
We're not allowed to meet in back garden's yet. But I'll keep a sd if family want to call ;)I'm sure they'll have a great time regardless .I only hope the rest of his presents arrive through the week❤

Tray of cupcakes and bottles of drink in an iced bucket is probably the best way :) hope she has a great day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We're not allowed to meet in back garden's yet. But I'll keep a sd if family want to call ;)I'm sure they'll have a great time regardless .I only hope the rest of his presents arrive through the week❤
I dont blame you ❤
We got all hers from argos. They should get delivered on the 5th on June so best bloody come 😬
Just browsing ebay now ordering decorations and badges 😳

Was tempted to hire a bouncy castle they are so cheap. £50 for two days! But feel like this will only encourage her mates to come cover. Can only imagine all the spit and sweat everywhere, oh and deffianlty wouldnt be able to social distance. So I think I'll give it a miss.

I dont blame you ❤
We got all her for argos. They should get delivered on the 5th on June so best bloody come 😬
Just browsing ebay now ordering decorations and badges 😳 Was tempted to hire a bouncy castle they are so cheap. £50 for two days! But feel like this will only encourage her mates to come cover. Can only imagine all the spit and sweat everywhere, oh and deffianlty wouldnt be able to social distance. So I think I'll give it a miss.
Yeah his Argos stuff came just a few things from Amazon and decs from ebay .He has a bouncy castle don't think I'd want to hire one they're as unhygienic as softplay especially now anyway 😬

We had our first socially distant visitors today (scotland) I was worried how my toddler would cope but it was great. We set up our old playpen to block off part of the garden near our side gate and set a table and chairs up that I then sprayed with detol 😂 Also this bit has the outside tap so we put some handsoap out beside it.

My mum and dad came and brought their own drinks and snacks and sat for a few hours in their VIP area 😂 watching the kids play in their paddling pool and running about. They also kept bringing things from the house to show them. At one point the middle one tried to bring out a shoe rack to show them 😂 Toddler accepted he couldn't cross the fence and was happy chatting and playing. The kids were so excited when they arrived 😊

I think strictly speaking you shouldn't be giving anyone food and definitely not setting out drinks that more than one person can touch ? In Scotland we have been told to bring our own food and drinks of visiting people. If you are going to I would go for something in wrappers or boxes ? And leave hand gel for them ??

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.