Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They have already put up those "2m reminder" bright yellow and red signs all over my town centre (and they're proper permanent metal affairs, not temporary). I don't know why such sudden disregard for the streetscape is being tolerated, they look awful. We really don't need reminder signs everywhere, everyone knows to maintain their distances.

I don't believe that 2m was ever a scientifically derived safe distance anyway, I understand it was just made up in the same way that the "walk 10000 steps a day" is actually totally made up as well and is just an arbitrary number that sounded good and stuck?

It's certainly not being adhered to in the supermarkets, everyone just brushes past everyone once inside, and despite me working for one I've not caught it yet (yes I have been tested a couple of days ago). My store has recruited people to walk around inside with "stay 2m apart" lollipop signs now, but all the people they've put in that role are young short girls that would probably snap if someone tapped them on the shoulder ... certainly not people with any natural authority to get people to behave.
People do need constant reminding about the 2m, media pictures from the weekend speak for themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This won’t be popular but I’m so confused by this thread,

people are scared to go near their friends or family members, they’re scared to go shopping, they’re scared for the government to relax lockdown and they’re refusing to let kids go back to school because the R rate isn’t low enough,
They’re critising neighbours and friends for having grandparents or family over, they’re watching peopgathering in parks.

but protests are ok.
The threat of the virus can’t be mentioned because it’s a protest.

the virus doesn’t change because the protests are needed.
The virus is still there.

protests ARE needed, I think we all know that,
but in relation to the spread of the virus, you can’t say a thing against them, or say anything against the looting taking place,
Police can’t ask them to break up, even if they’re gathering in thousands.

I can accept they’re needed, but I’m also confused at the people who are so scared to do anything out side of their household because of the coronavirus,
saying they would go to protest.

please don’t think I’m trying to start something I just don’t understand how that works

I don’t care that people aren’t social distancing, I don’t care that it might increase infection.. it’s not ideal but we need to fight for equality!!!
And if we are at risk of a second wave,
we throw it all away, everything, we just throw all the progress made away,
Millions die, the economy crashes....

there has to be a way to make changes to BOTH without throwing the baby out with the bathwater

Reactions: 32

people are scared to go near their friends or family members, they’re scared to go shopping, they’re scared for the government to relax lockdown and they’re refusing to let kids go back to school because the R rate isn’t low enough,
They’re critising neighbours and friends for having grandparents or family over, they’re watching peopgathering in parks.

but protests are ok.

but in relation to the spread of the virus, you can’t say a thing against them, or say anything against the looting taking place,

I can accept they’re needed, but I’m also confused at the people who are so scared to do anything out side of their household because of the coronavirus,

please don’t think I’m trying to start something I just don’t understand how that works

there has to be a way to make changes to BOTH without throwing the baby out with the bathwater
I agree people have been creative around this whole situation coming up with solutions. There must be a way to protest without gathering in crowds. Many protests have happened over the years and things haven't changed. Maybe this is the opportunity for someone to find a new way to force the hand of those in power .

There must be a way to do this without sacrificing lives.

Reactions: 3
I wish Boris would just hold his hands up and say, sorry we got it wrong. I would have so much more respect for our government if they would just admit they could have done better from the start.

In regards to the lifting of lockdown, I think it needs doing. Nobody knows what's gonna happen, we can't stay locked up forever. If you're worried, isolate yourselves. And to anyone that wants to be furlouged until October, you are bonkers 🤣 it may just be me but I can't wait to get back to work and I don't particularly enjoy me job. Maybe it's because I'm working full time at home and home schooling two kids, who knows!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree people have been creative around this whole situation coming up with solutions. There must be a way to protest without gathering in crowds. Many protests have happened over the years and things haven't changed. Maybe this is the opportunity for someone to find a new way to force the hand of those in power .

The only way we ever moved forward was through dialogue ,but I don't think it would work in this case..

I think there will be spike after this weekend & it will automatically be blamed on the schools
opening tomorrow. Not the fact there are thousands packing onto beaches & others having garden parties.
It'll be teachers faults - again - as per usual.....

Funny how the doctors in my hospital are saying we’ve gone through the second wave 😂 and that the first wave was back in dec to feb when everyone was coming down ill and nobody know what it was . It’s known that second waves come with a vengeance and we’ve seen that to be possibly the case
I really hope that this is right. I think NHS antibody tests and then the rolling out of them to the public will give a much clearer idea...

News said they think only 0.4% of the population above and covid though.... Which is shockingly low

They have already put up those "2m reminder" bright yellow and red signs all over my town centre (and they're proper permanent metal affairs, not temporary). I don't know why such sudden disregard for the streetscape is being tolerated, they look awful. We really don't need reminder signs everywhere, everyone knows to maintain their distances.

I don't believe that 2m was ever a scientifically derived safe distance anyway, I understand it was just made up in the same way that the "walk 10000 steps a day" is actually totally made up as well and is just an arbitrary number that sounded good and stuck?

It's certainly not being adhered to in the supermarkets, everyone just brushes past everyone once inside, and despite me working for one I've not caught it yet (yes I have been tested a couple of days ago). My store has recruited people to walk around inside with "stay 2m apart" lollipop signs now, but all the people they've put in that role are young short girls that would probably snap if someone tapped them on the shoulder ... certainly not people with any natural authority to get people to behave.
The 2m rule is because that's how far droplets fall if somebody coughs or breathes out the virus....it's.of countries have stuck to 1m or 1.5m as 1m is the WHO advisory distance.... But they said in a briefing that by standing 2m as oppose to 1m the chance of being infected drops by another 60%... So it's even safer...

Something similar to the clap for carers from doorsteps. Or the ice bucket challenge. I know that sounds a bit faddy but something that like, done in the home to raise awareness could help whilst distancing...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
So Asda now has big arrows on the floor, big no entry signs on floor and at eye level on aisles you're not supposed to go down, and yet there are still numpties who go the wrong way anyway🙄
Some people are just in their own little bubbles!

So Asda now has big arrows on the floor, big no entry signs on floor and at eye level on aisles you're not supposed to go down, and yet there are still numpties who go the wrong way anyway🙄
My sister saw someone be asked to leave the store for repeatedly ignoring the arrows and ignoring social distancing 😬

Reactions: 6
This was me a few weeks ago in Tesco 🤦‍♀️ I normally shop at aldi and got a bollocking of the staff. No more U turns when you forget the kids baby bells 😂

• Haha
This was me a few weeks ago in Tesco 🤦‍♀️ I normally shop at aldi and got a bollocking of the staff. No more U turns when you forget the kids baby bells 😂
Walk down the aisle backwards 🤣🤣 I did that when I literally needed 1 thing near the end of an aisle I was facing the wrong way for 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Honestly the government would have been dammed if they do, dammed if they dont with people like this around...
Treated like germs?! Kids are walking, talking germ balls 🤦‍♀️

Walk down the aisle backwards 🤣🤣 I did that when I literally needed 1 thing near the end of an aisle I was facing the wrong way for 🙈

• Haha
I went the wrong way and got told off 🙈 I was concentrating on keeping 2m away, not being intentionally ignorant. Sounds different to your local store as in mine the arrows weren’t very big and were only on the floor but it made me feel really stupid during a horrible time, I’m no numpty.

but protests are ok.

I don’t get it either. I don’t know how I feel about protesting in a pandemic but I fully stand that change does need to happen for black people I just don’t have any suggestion otherwise.

I’m so tired of people throwing responsibility to other people. It’s always someone else’s fault - the neighbour, the gov, the teachers, their boss

we are all adults, and we have been in this long enough to understand what we need to do to protect ourselves and our families. Stay away, wash your hands, cover if you can. Yes, the gov could have started things earlier. what good is it saying it now? Karen from no 5 shouldn’t have had her sister over for a BBQ but what does it matter now? We will be at risk of a second wave in a mere matter of months so the more we do now, the better position we are in now.

Stop passing the blame and accept responsibility that we each need to do our bit

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Honestly the government would have been dammed if they do, dammed if they dont with people like this around...
Why can’t people just let up, this isn’t the time to be nit picking and taking the government to court. Parents have a legal right to educate at home and the rules were always advice. Clearly yummy mummy’s with to much cash.

Reactions: 1
I went the wrong way and got told off 🙈 I was concentrating on keeping 2m away, not being intentionally ignorant. Sounds different to your local store as in mine the arrows weren’t very big and were only on the floor but it made me feel really stupid during a horrible time, I’m no numpty.
Hahaha so did I tbh I didnt even notice the bloody arrows until this man says in a loud voice 'your going the wrong way, its one way system' :LOL:

• Haha
Hahaha so did I tbh I didnt even notice the bloody arrows until this man says in a loud voice 'your going the wrong way, its one way system' :LOL:
The big sainsburys near me doesn’t have a one way system so it’s hard to know what is/isn’t implemented depending on the store!

The big sainsburys near me doesn’t have a one way system so it’s hard to know what is/isn’t implemented depending on the store!
No neither does mine. Which in way is worse when your walking down a aisle and you've got someone with a kid messing about in the middle of the aisle.:rolleyes:

Woke up this morning in a corona panic. I feel like those of us who are in relationships but don’t live together/single people have been totally forgotten about. When will I be able to have physical contact again?

Will I actually be able to have a baby? This may sound dramatic, but I came off the pill at 26, had a year and a half ish of no luck conceiving, and then corona. I turn 29 soon and can see no end to this because none of the politicians seem bothered.

• Sad
People do need constant reminding about the 2m, media pictures from the weekend speak for themselves
I agree people do need to be constantly be reminded. This is a global pandemic, frankly who gives a tit if the yellow signs are ugly

I actually think the social distancing signs being ugly is a total non issue. Its a global pandemic, people are literally dying in their 10s of thousands in the UK alone and you think we shouldn't have any 2m signs because they ruin your town centre? People do need to be reminded, and they need to be reminded constantly particularly as we move to more out of the house activities.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.