Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion but I’m sick of the persistent Cummings questions. Today is a big day for announcements. Yes it was shit, yes people will probably bend the rules because of it but just wish it would move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Titntat

VIP Member
So I rang the dentist at 9. Was home by 9.45 with my antibiotics. Couldnt belive how fast it was sorted.

But no alcohol for 4 days. Sure the dentist heard me mutter ffs under my breath. He started laughing 🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Sorry but how the fuck can we social distance until they find a cure which might be YEARS away?! You’re telling me no restaurants, pubs, bars, cinemas, concerts, museums, festivals, fairgrounds, theme parks, zoos etc will be able to operate as usual for YEARS? What about weddings, funerals, holidays?! This is going to destroy the country and people’s lives more than the virus 🤦‍♀️ Ugh sorry I’m just so done with this, my life is over at 31, fantastic!

• Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
A friend of mine is a family of 6. Herself, partner and 4 children. She's gutted as means she still can't see family as it's a total of 6 allowed. Bet there's a lot in the same boat
Do families of 7 have to decide which kid to sell?

Bad joke I know.

That sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Nannycaff54

Friend of mine works for a large travel agent, and she has been taking calls for the FCO to help repatriate, find travel etc, however they told her last week that her contract will be ending tomorrow even though the calls are still relentless, so she thinks the FCO travel ban is about to get lifted, or revised in some way to allow travel, holidays and the tourism economy to start getting back to normal. She also thinks that hotels, and travel companies will be doing everything they can to ensure safety, a fairly normal holiday and the hotels will be making sure everything is top notch to ensure there is no backlash and court cases.

Newcastle airport is open apparently, although no food places or bars are open, and all the duty free is closed. (bang goes the obligatory 5am pint pic!)
My grandson who is an aircraft groomer has just been informed he is being made redundant. I'm especially upset as he has learning disabilities and aspergers, the job was perfect for him as he got picked up from home and driven to and from the airport. Once there he was told what was expected of him . Getting another job suitable for him is going to be hard and God knows what it will do to him mentally. He lives with me and I know it's going to be hard going because his meltdowns are legendary. I bloody hate this virus.

• Sad

SarahGard83

VIP Member
What's the point in going to IKEA if the cafe isn't open. Not queuing for hours if I can't get meatballs!

• Haha

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
I get the impression he is rushing these new changes in because he is trying to appease the British people in light of Dominic Cummings..... At the start of this I was willing to give Boris Johnstone and his cronies the benefit of doubt. I have no confidence in any of them now

Hayles1990

What worries me about this continuing for a long time is a generation of children that don’t know how to be affectionate towards people outside their household, not knowing to give their friend a hug when they are sad or holding hands with friends. If this continue for as they say ‘years’ we will have a. Generation of young children that do not know how to make friends or form relationships with people outside of their household. This cannot continue forever. I’m sorry but at some point we just have to carry on. MH is something I feel very strongly about during this pandemic. I hope to god this isn’t the world from now on because I’d hate to think my children wouldn’t be able to have the experiences in Life that I did.

• Heart
  • Sad

idk2

VIP Member
Does anyone else dread when they re open the shops again in July? They will still have to apply the social distancing rules as the supermarkets do and I just think its going to be absolutely horrendous. Can you imagine the queues to get into places like Primark 😔😑
I don't think I'll be bothering with any shops this year. I mainly shop online anyway with town being my very last minute option if I need a dress for a spontaneous night out but thats not happening anytime soon!
I reckon Primark have learnt a very hard lesson this year and will be bringing a website out soon. I know they think it wouldn't suit their business model being fast fashion but so many other fast fashion websites seem to thrive (boohoo, PLT etc). Maybe we'll have a website next year and hopefully this will create even more jobs for UK.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel like the gov are lying / pretending we’re better when we’re still much worse than before lockdown, worst country in the world for deaths yet it seems like we’re all going back to normal within the next few weeks.

The thought of the high streets being full again fills me with such anxiety living in a city.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Home from work.

Fed up of cleaning. Don't clean my own house this much. Children needed a lot of encouragement to play.

2 children said they aren't allowed to play with other children as they will die if they get their germs 😒

• Sad

JLXRD

VIP Member
Screenshot_20200529-202009_BBC News.jpg

Lol thanks BBC, please rub salt in the wound that the one year we are going to have non shit weather we are all locked in our houses. Bet as soon as we are allowed to beer gardens etc it rains torrentially 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 15

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Family just posted pictures on social media. 10 of them in one back garden last night. Kids sat on grandparents knees and no social distancing at all. Is this just one big joke to some people?

• Sad
  • Wow

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Haven’t caught up yet but just want to quickly message to wish all of you that have little ones going back to school today well!
Hope it all runs smoothly and that they are safe and also happy! ❤

• Heart

grumpycat

VIP Member
I’ve said from the get go it’s all about using your common sense.

I’ve seen my grandparents (on their lawn) been to the garden centre (stayed well away from anyone) and then I’ve been home. It is ok to go and see people, just keep your distance. I feel like people need to learn to gradually adjust to this way if living.

I’ve worked the whole time, I’ve avoided being anywhere because my mum was shielding, but I do agree things need to gradually start up again - but a lot of it is relying on us all using our common sense.

I don’t watch the briefings much, and I’ve stopping caring what other families are doing. Across the road have had people In constantly for the last 3 months, What use is my annoyance? I do as much as I can to keep my family safe whilst keeping us happy if that makes sense.

• Heart

idk2

VIP Member
What has Obama and all the other coloured celebs said about this ?
Alot of POC have spoken out about this.
Its not a Us Vs Them debate and its definitely not just "one man's" actions resulting in "one man's" death. Its thousands of black men and women dying at the hands of police brutality everyday. I urge you all to go watch footage on twitter from the protestors live and see for yourself. Many black people were protesting peacefully until police arrived on scenes in many states. There are police cars literally driving in to people protesting. There are police officers attacking black men with their arms in the air surrendering - and still yanking their masks off to pepper spray them. Tear gas is being used for no reason at all. Was tear gassed used when gun activists and the freedom brigade didn't want to wear masks and abide by quarantine measures? no? But these people were screaming in cops faces, literally armed with guns themselves. These people in the protests, today, are not armed with anything but medicine supplies and signs.

On the form of protests and pandemics, it won't mix. I dread to think what will happen when these protests come to London because they will. I don't see good things but also, people are FED up. There is a police brutality case/video every month without fail for YEARS. Sandra Bland was the one who really haunted me and made me make myself aware.
Peaceful protests have not been working for these people, so now they are wanting to get your attention. And if thats by looting, then so what? These companies have insurance, they're worth millions.
Big companies like Target, Ben and Jerry's, Complex Magazine, etc have all come out with statements saying "we support you and your actions". Target literally said we can rebuild our store. CNN news reporters got pelted with rubber bullets live on TV because the police didn't want them covering what they were doing to protestors, even though the woman was wearing a high-vis jacket, had her ID out and clearly said who she was and was already surrounded by police as it was. CNN were repainting their sign outside their offices today.

I don't agree with the looting but neither do the thousands of black people at the protests. I am not black but if I'm this outraged by these crimes being committed, I cant even imagine how they feel. Are only black people doing the looting? No. Are police undercover and inciting violence? Definitely. This is over 400 years of systemic racism at work. People are sick and tired of it. So, so, so many big celebrities are donating to post bail for these people being arrested. So many lawyers are offering their services pro-bono. So many local businesses are saying "Burn our buildings down if thats what gets the message across. We got insurance".

Bit of a rant.

• Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Family just posted pictures on social media. 10 of them in one back garden last night. Kids sat on grandparents knees and no social distancing at all. Is this just one big joke to some people?
I think I'm gonna need a social media break (apart from tattle of course!) as I'm getting far too cross seeing how many people don't give a shit and are just doing what they want

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Lots of people anticipated a massive spike after VE Day but there wasn’t. Let’s hope there isn’t a massive spike after this weekend 🙏🏻

Northeast1988

VIP Member
Anyone else sick of this woman?? Sorry but she’s always fucking scaremongering, always “knows” someone who said this or that. Posts like these aren’t helpful. A friend of a friend of a fish told me...
Funny how the doctors in my hospital are saying we’ve gone through the second wave 😂 and that the first wave was back in dec to feb when everyone was coming down ill and nobody know what it was . It’s known that second waves come with a vengeance and we’ve seen that to be possibly the case

Reactions: 14