Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're letting us all out from what I can gather even those of us that are clinically extremely vulnerable
Or it could be that those shielding would have been a extra burden to the nhs if they became ill as well as those who did catch covid and now because nhs have capacity they can let them out because lockdown was never to protect the public it was to protect the nhs and relieve the pressures

Reactions: 5
At ours we can just turn up at outpaients and get it or if thiers any staff on the wards that can take blood you can just ask them. Only started Thursday I think.
Ah I’m in community so maybe we don’t get it? Plus it’s wales so we’re probably forgotten about as usual :cautious:

There’s a rebellion going on and those adhering to the advice are in the vast majority. Quite simply, people are fed up of this tit and willing to take risks.

Reactions: 3
It could be because possibly that because of the r value is coming down , deaths and new infection cases are slowly coming down that those with certain health conditions who are at the lower end of the high risk people can start to venture out
We,ve had 543 deaths throughout the whole pandemic and the lowest rate of infection of all the devolved regions and our R has risen despite our lockdown being extended .So for me the English numbers are not adding up .

Reactions: 2
Or it could be that those shielding would have been a extra burden to the nhs if they became ill as well as those who did catch covid and now because nhs have capacity they can let them out because lockdown was never to protect the public it was to protect the nhs and relieve the pressures
Maybe. Think I'm still going to stay at home a bit longer and give it a few weeks to watch what happens now people are going out and about ignoring the rules. Feel quite safe in my little bubble

Reactions: 4
The justification for this seems to be that everyone has stayed in for two weeks, no symptoms so we can cuddle and touch again because we are OK 😕

Ive noticed a few people saying that don't feel safe going back to work so have asked to remain on Furlough, are not sending their children back to Nursery and school (that can go back) because it's not safe and are quite fearful of catching Covid.

Yet they've all been paddling in the stream with other families, definitely not social distancing in our nearest big park and letting their children play with others!
This. I will probs get hate for saying so but I think a lot of people are taking this virus for all they can and taking the absolute piss.

People keep saying 'but most people want to work'... sorry but i don't beleive that when they can be off with their families getting full pay and not having to get up to do the school run every day. I've worked through this (from home admittedly, though i have found it incredibly difficult) so maybe I am just bitter but I do feel like if people can use being scared as a reason to stay furloughed with no consequences to their income (even dropping to 80% isn't an issue for a lot of people if you can't go do anything!)

Sorry for the rant and I know there are people out the who desperately want to go back or where 80% just covers their expenses and this is absolutely not directed at them but the people who won't go back to work or send their kids to school but will go to a packed beach just boils my blood.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Removed by request

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
What has Obama and all the other coloured celebs said about this ?
Eeek, lots of people find the term 'coloured' offensive, it is a racial slur, know you probs don't mean to be but just letting you know xx

Reactions: 9
Be interesting to see what is said at tonights briefing regarding shielding. I'm suppose to be staying inside until 30th June at least but now they're saying we can go out one a day from tomorrow. What's happened overnight that now makes it safe? I should be happy but it's making me feel uneasy.
I have seen this too. It looks as though we can go outside as long as we keep a distance of 2 metres from people outside our household. I welcome this. It does look though to me, that they wouldn’t recommend we return to our workplaces etc as we went allowed to share inside space.

My mind can only think " What the duck?" now after reading some vulnerable people can go out as from tomorrow. That's bleeping insane in my opinion! And for Raab to say they're taking advice from scientists is shocking and utter bullshit!! Everything I ever thought about Boris is actually true! We are the America of Europe when it comes to cases and it's all down to that bunch of vile, evil, brainless clowns! They need to go, and they need to go asap! The photos I'm seeing of beauty spots are making me feel sick and anxious, the selfishness of people and no thoughts given is shocking! Things being lifted are going far far too fast!!

Reactions: 9
My mind can only think " What the duck?" now after reading vulnerable people can go out as from tomorrow. That's bleeping insane in my opinion! And for Raab to say they're taking advice from scientists is shocking and utter bullshit!! Everything I ever thought about Boris is actually true! We are the America of Europe when it comes to cases and it's all down to that bunch of vile, evil, brainless clowns! They need to go, and they need to go asap! The photos I'm seeing of beauty spots are making me feel sick and anxious, the selfishness of people and no thoughts given is shocking! Things being lifted are going far far too fast!!
I'm staying at home.

Reactions: 6
I'm staying at home.
I think that's a wise decision. I know you're desperate to see your family, but at least you're being sensible and you'll go when you feel it's safe. I'm not in the vulnerable category but I'm lucky to be in a position where I can stay at home, and that is what I'm going to continue to do.

My mind can only think " What the duck?" now after reading some vulnerable people can go out as from tomorrow. That's bleeping insane in my opinion! And for Raab to say they're taking advice from scientists is shocking and utter bullshit!! Everything I ever thought about Boris is actually true! We are the America of Europe when it comes to cases and it's all down to that bunch of vile, evil, brainless clowns! They need to go, and they need to go asap! The photos I'm seeing of beauty spots are making me feel sick and anxious, the selfishness of people and no thoughts given is shocking! Things being lifted are going far far too fast!!
Well they're reporting the beaches are rammed today again ,will they push ahead with relaxing the measures even though people are not listening and the proof is in the press.

Reactions: 2
What has Obama and all the other coloured celebs said about this ?
Alot of POC have spoken out about this.
Its not a Us Vs Them debate and its definitely not just "one man's" actions resulting in "one man's" death. Its thousands of black men and women dying at the hands of police brutality everyday. I urge you all to go watch footage on twitter from the protestors live and see for yourself. Many black people were protesting peacefully until police arrived on scenes in many states. There are police cars literally driving in to people protesting. There are police officers attacking black men with their arms in the air surrendering - and still yanking their masks off to pepper spray them. Tear gas is being used for no reason at all. Was tear gassed used when gun activists and the freedom brigade didn't want to wear masks and abide by quarantine measures? no? But these people were screaming in cops faces, literally armed with guns themselves. These people in the protests, today, are not armed with anything but medicine supplies and signs.

On the form of protests and pandemics, it won't mix. I dread to think what will happen when these protests come to London because they will. I don't see good things but also, people are FED up. There is a police brutality case/video every month without fail for YEARS. Sandra Bland was the one who really haunted me and made me make myself aware.
Peaceful protests have not been working for these people, so now they are wanting to get your attention. And if thats by looting, then so what? These companies have insurance, they're worth millions.
Big companies like Target, Ben and Jerry's, Complex Magazine, etc have all come out with statements saying "we support you and your actions". Target literally said we can rebuild our store. CNN news reporters got pelted with rubber bullets live on TV because the police didn't want them covering what they were doing to protestors, even though the woman was wearing a high-vis jacket, had her ID out and clearly said who she was and was already surrounded by police as it was. CNN were repainting their sign outside their offices today.

I don't agree with the looting but neither do the thousands of black people at the protests. I am not black but if I'm this outraged by these crimes being committed, I cant even imagine how they feel. Are only black people doing the looting? No. Are police undercover and inciting violence? Definitely. This is over 400 years of systemic racism at work. People are sick and tired of it. So, so, so many big celebrities are donating to post bail for these people being arrested. So many lawyers are offering their services pro-bono. So many local businesses are saying "Burn our buildings down if thats what gets the message across. We got insurance".

Bit of a rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She's so much more sensible than the English Government! Shame there are people in Scotland who would rather listen to PM Cummings than our First Minister!

BBC News - Coronavirus: 'Slow and steady' approach by Scotland

Well they're reporting the beaches are rammed today again ,will they push ahead with relaxing the measures even though people are not listening and the proof is in the press.
I have no doubt in my mind they'll still push ahead with relaxing. It's insanity!! The British mentality is also insane, the Government knew full well this would happen and it's what they wanted to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.