Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woke up this morning in a corona panic. I feel like those of us who are in relationships but don’t live together/single people have been totally forgotten about. When will I be able to have physical contact again?

Will I actually be able to have a baby? This may sound dramatic, but I came off the pill at 26, had a year and a half ish of no luck conceiving, and then corona. I turn 29 soon and can see no end to this because none of the politicians seem bothered.
if I’m honest if it was me I’d just resume contact. As long as you’re both practising social distancing every other instance you have to live your life.

I agree people do need to be constantly be reminded. This is a global pandemic, frankly who gives a tit if the yellow signs are ugly

I actually think the social distancing signs being ugly is a total non issue. Its a global pandemic, people are literally dying in their 10s of thousands in the UK alone and you think we shouldn't have any 2m signs because they ruin your town centre? People do need to be reminded, and they need to be reminded constantly particularly as we move to more out of the house activities.
😂 signs are signs, I’m certain there’s a lot of psychology to the Colour of signs etc so whilst they aren’t contemporary or cool they have a reason!

Reactions: 3
if I’m honest if it was me I’d just resume contact. As long as you’re both practising social distancing every other instance you have to live your life.

😂 signs are signs, I’m certain there’s a lot of psychology to the Colour of signs etc so whilst they aren’t contemporary or cool they have a reason!
They need to be bright, garish and in warning colours like yellow and red to stand out and signify they are important. Having a subtle minimally design danger sign totally defeats the purpose of them 😂
I just think of ALL the problems with the pandemic the social distancing signs being ugly is the absolute bottom of the priority list. If you remove them because everyone "already knows" then people are given the message that life has gone back to normal.

Honestly the government would have been dammed if they do, dammed if they dont with people like this around...
These women are probably the definition of nimbys. They would have a problem with everything.
Schools stay closed " my poor little Albus is being denied an education"
Schools stay open with no changes "You're putting my little darling at risk"
Schools open with safety measures "social distancing stresses out my lovely boy, he needs to live in a world surrounded by rainbows and 2m signs are harmful"

Eugh so exhausting, take your child out of school and educate them at home then. Don't protest safety measures could put everyone else's children at risk if they are removed. We are 6months into a pandemic, there is no overwhelming evidence at this stage, it is too early.

Reactions: 7
I agree people do need to be constantly be reminded. This is a global pandemic, frankly who gives a tit if the yellow signs are ugly

I actually think the social distancing signs being ugly is a total non issue. Its a global pandemic, people are literally dying in their 10s of thousands in the UK alone and you think we shouldn't have any 2m signs because they ruin your town centre? People do need to be reminded, and they need to be reminded constantly particularly as we move to more out of the house activities.
Meh what people need to be reminded of, is that far more people are still dying of cancer alone in the UK than they are of covid. Then there's heart disease, sepsis, smoking related lung disease, road accidents, etc all each still taking far more people out than covid is, but we don't have signs all over the place for any of them?

Why don't we have "stop fecking smoking" and "step away from the cakes" signs on every lampost.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

I would, but my partner is both autistic and a police officer. If he’s told he can’t do something, he can’t do it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Meh what people need to be reminded of, is that far more people are still dying of cancer alone in the UK than they are of covid. Then there's heart disease, sepsis, smoking related lung disease, road accidents, etc all each still taking far more people out than covid is, but we don't have signs all over the place for any of them?
mostly because we are in a pandemic? Also there are plenty of warnings of lung cancer of cigarette packets. I do get your point but this is something many of us are able to help control

also for the record my son has had sepsis and there are many signs about sepsis around. There’s been a huge nationwide campaign in recent years.

I would, but my partner is both autistic and a police officer. If he’s told he can’t do something, he can’t do it.
ah, well that’s a little different then - didn’t realise so apologise.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Haven’t caught up yet but just want to quickly message to wish all of you that have little ones going back to school today well!
Hope it all runs smoothly and that they are safe and also happy! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am on a school support group on facebook, added ages ago I think during the term time holiday debates. I have had to mute as these parents are rabid at the thought of schools going back. Half of them home school as it is because they hate the education system so much. But of course those sending children back are terrible selfish parents happy for their children to be guinea pigs 🙄

Why don't we have "stop fecking smoking" and "step away from the cakes" signs on every lampost.
As someone who's parent is not going through cancer treatment right now due to covid I am well aware that people still die from cancer and other things. But the idea that we don't take steps to avoid other illnesses is farcical. We do cover cigarette packets with photos of cancer ridden lungs, we put gory posters up at bus shelters of what mouth cancer looks like, we run tv adverts on the effects of second hand smoke, drinking and driving. All food is now labelled with calorie information, serving size information, we put a tax on sugar to fund the nhs services that are most under strain by obesity related illnesses. So why do some 2m signs offend you so much? We do plenty to make people aware of the dangers from other illnesses but right now this is the new, global, danger.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Woke up this morning in a corona panic. I feel like those of us who are in relationships but don’t live together/single people have been totally forgotten about. When will I be able to have physical contact again?

Will I actually be able to have a baby? This may sound dramatic, but I came off the pill at 26, had a year and a half ish of no luck conceiving, and then corona. I turn 29 soon and can see no end to this because none of the politicians seem bothered.
Could you move in with your partner? Sorry to judgemental but if you are trying for a baby for that long are you not ready/able to live together?

I guess the assumption is those in a 'serious' relationships would be living together or able to move in together for lockdown. Those who are early on or single will suffer. Three of my close friends ended long term relationships at the end of last year, two were activly dating pre lockdown and one had just met someone. She has since moved in with him to keep things going (plus living with her parents was killing things). The other two have given up for the time being as online was just not working. We are all 29/30.

It's my birthday today. Trying to decide what to do with the day. Might just drink loads of gin and get pissed!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's my birthday today. Trying to decide what to do with the day. Might just drink loads of gin and get pissed!
Do it! My husband asked what I wanted to do for mine (its on Friday, the big 30!) and I said what can we do. We have booked theatre tickets, a gig and a mini break away. Now its gin and scones in the garden with my parents 🤣 I suggested the beach but frankly its too stressful, I might push the boat out and go to the garden centre alone!

Reactions: 7
I have to admit I had a sleepover on Saturday night, for the first time in 72 days. I felt guilty but it’s just me living in my flat. Slightly annoyed I’ve lost all moral high ground!

• Haha

I studied social science for my sins and wrote a paper on signs and the ordering of traffic 😴😴😴

b
Could you move in with your partner? Sorry to judgemental but if you are trying for a baby for that long are you not ready/able to live together?

I guess the assumption is those in a 'serious' relationships would be living together or able to move in together for lockdown. Those who are early on or single will suffer. Three of my close friends ended long term relationships at the end of last year, two were activly dating pre lockdown and one had just met someone. She has since moved in with him to keep things going (plus living with her parents was killing things). The other two have given up for the time being as online was just not working. We are all 29/30.
I’m in my early 20s and in a long term relationship so we don’t live together. We didn’t have the option of moving in together. We are both living with parents and siblings.. if my boyfriend was able to lockdown here my parents would also have to allow my brothers girlfriend (same goes in his house) and the house just isn’t big enough for an extra 2 people and extra mouths to feed/bills to pay.

I feel completely forgotten about. It’s been 12 weeks since I saw him and not once has the suggestion of being able to have contact soon been considered :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m not a regular poster on this thread so apologies if this has been discussed.
But... does anyone have any sort of inkling as to when they think people will be allowed to visit and stay with families. My mum lives over 300 miles from me so I am unable to just pop over to sit in the garden as it would be a 12 hour round trip. I haven’t seen her since Feb, I am furloughed and I am honestly really, really starting to struggle with the routine, being stuck at home (apart from shopping and exercise). Part of me was tempted to just get in my car and go down but I know it’s highly irresponsible and completely against the rules. Absolutely everyone is in the same boat but there just seems to be no end in sight for those whose family are some distance away from them.

I’m in my early 20s and in a long term relationship so we don’t live together. We didn’t have the option of moving in together. We are both living with parents and siblings.. if my boyfriend was able to lockdown here my parents would also have to allow my brothers girlfriend (same goes in his house) and the house just isn’t big enough for an extra 2 people and extra mouths to feed/bills to pay.

I feel completely forgotten about. It’s been 12 weeks since I saw him and not once has the suggestion of being able to have contact soon been considered :(
I'm the exact same, now we can go in gardens we've decided its worth the drive for a long day together in the garden (with toilet access ha ha) but nobody has mentioned when we can have a hug, or sleepover again. I get theres worse things happening but it seems vast numbers are just forgotten

Just seen this on the fail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ack-sex-lockdown-today-illegal-household.html (i read it in quite times at work please dont judge haha) so looks like no seeing loved ones in a house for a while if this is true

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m not a regular poster on this thread so apologies if this has been discussed.
But... does anyone have any sort of inkling as to when they think people will be allowed to visit and stay with families. My mum lives over 300 miles from me so I am unable to just pop over to sit in the garden as it would be a 12 hour round trip. I haven’t seen her since Feb, I am furloughed and I am honestly really, really starting to struggle with the routine, being stuck at home (apart from shopping and exercise). Part of me was tempted to just get in my car and go down but I know it’s highly irresponsible and completely against the rules. Absolutely everyone is in the same boat but there just seems to be no end in sight for those whose family are some distance away from them.
I feel the same and completely sympathise. We don't even have a car so can only rely on public transport to get there plus a car ride at the other end. I have no idea when the rules may be relaxed further as Skype and facetime is nice but not the same as seeing them in person.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.