Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I always find it funny* how people like to compare Liverpool to the slums and call Scousers bin dippers, it’s almost like people think poverty is funny 🙄 Baring in mind, there is poverty all over the country and it’s probably far worse in other cities than it is here - statistically it’s worse in Manchester also. As an Everton fan, having people sing “sign on” constantly to us and Liverpool fans is so unoriginal. If you came to Liverpool and lived in Liverpool, you’d realise how friendly and warm and culturally embracing a city it is - it’s everyone else’s loss if you bow down to the stereotypes that were created by a Tory government back in the 80s

* when I say funny, it’s really not funny

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Let’s just hope city don’t mess up in the league and gift that to Liverpool. Can’t imagine how horrible it’ll be if Liverpool win it all

• Haha
Reactions: 10

kiiwiih

Chatty Member
I'm watching Wolves v United on the phone, and a truck moving water off an F1 track on the tv. Don't know which is more enthralling.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Any thread title suggestions?
Mine is
Club Football #2: let’s all hope Liverpool don’t win any more trophies #comeoncity #comeonreal #comeonchelsea

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
@ordinaryjelly Did you watch this? Made me cry..

So sad. He was so loved and treasured, I just hope he knew how much we adored him, seeing him lift the trophy with wee Gordon Strachan and then wee Gordon clapping for him at our first home game after he died is too much. My friend texted Gary the morning after and before we knew what had happened saying "there is a sick rumor going around Gary, call me" and of course he never did. It is just sad all over. They chanted his name again on the 11th minute yesterday and my husband said grown men around him had tears in their eyes. Oh Gary.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
The thought of the pampered top 6 turning up at Kenilworth Road would make Luton being in the premier league worth it alone.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
So glad Man Citeh lost. Anyone but Liverpool to win the Champions League, so Real Madrid it has to be. Liverpool fans would be intolerable if they won it, imagine them dining out on that for the next eleventy billion years. No thank you.

• Sad
  • Haha

Thelmachops

VIP Member
I love the FA cup at these stages..Am so pleased that the BBC and ITV have the rights as it should be free to air..

It's been great as a neutral, watch Final Score and be able to watch all the goals as they go in!

Some good shocks too!

wordzalad

VIP Member
Seen it again on MotD. Still angry.

Apparently “The VAR official (Marriner) couldn’t find footage with an angle to overturn it” 🤬. They’re these things in your head, they’re called ‘eyes’.

I’m going to go take up meditation

MrsM19

Chatty Member
West Ham fan here. I can’t believe we were the ones to break City’s cup record! I never saw the game as it wasn’t on tv obviously but did see the penalties - wish I had got to see the whole game though.

Would be amazing to see us win the cup, especially in Noble’s last season.
heasgoal.com * strikeout.nu

No advocating for it but sometimes a supporter gotta do what she gotta do in order to watch her team play.

• Heart

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Sunderland fan here.

There is no light. Only darkness.

Tbf theyll finish the lowest they’ve finished ever this year, I think unless jan is busy and they get new owners they’ll finish 13th….
Only 13th in the PL. I feel your pain.

Anyway I must go and make travel arrangements for.... Morecombe.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Today it is ten years since our Gary Spped died by suicide. We were are the Nottingham Forest game a few days later and it was so emotional and sad. Even now if you mention Speedo to the long time staff at Leeds they can't speak about him for tears.

They chanted his name for 11 (his shirt number) minutes from the 11th minute of the game and trust at the end Snoddy scored for us completely against the run of play.

Speedo's death changed the way things are done at Leeds, they brought in a psychologist and a counselor as permanent members of staff to make sure everyone has someone to talk to if they need.

My husband and kids are off to the Brighton game this evening, I am still in hospital so watching on tv for me.

• Heart

wordzalad

VIP Member
How ya feeling @wordzalad? 😁
Omg I’m over the moon!! 😍😍😍 I think we did Amazing!! After playing so well against City and Liverpool and getting nothing, I wasn’t expecting much but fucking hell we played so well and I think this is a massive boost! Already dreaming of Europe🤣

my heart was in my mouth for that finalminute tho 😭

• Heart