Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having spent time following Leeds in League 1 and going to places like Carlisle, Tranmere, Exeter, Wycombe Wanderers, Grimsby..... there is just something special about a proper ground, it is more authentic or something, bit rough around the edges. Like the away end at Luton you are practically walking through somebody's house to enter. I like all that, I'd rather go there than Spurs' bowl or Arsenal. An away day at The Dell was always more fun than a sanitised experience at St Mary's.

Elland Road is old and tumbling down, but we love it, we still have wooden seats in the West Stand. Because the South Stand backs directly onto the actual road they can't make that any bigger so we will never be a bowl. But they are going to redevelop the West Stand but do it up and over the current one, so what is there now will be a lower tier and they will put an upper tier above. They are going to take the capacity up to something like 60k. Will look great when we're back in League 1.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Having spent time following Leeds in League 1 and going to places like Carlisle, Tranmere, Exeter, Wycombe Wanderers, Grimsby..... there is just something special about a proper ground, it is more authentic or something, bit rough around the edges. Like the away end at Luton you are practically walking through somebody's house to enter. I like all that, I'd rather go there than Spurs' bowl or Arsenal. An away day at The Dell was always more fun than a sanitised experience at St Mary's.
Blundell Park is my happy place :love: I adore our ground, there has been talk of a move to a new stadium but I don't want to. I love where we are - so much character and history. Sadly, I suspect it'll be a while before our paths cross again!!!!

I haven't been to many away games but I would hate to be at a ground where there is a big between the pitch and the stands, like West Ham for example!

Reactions: 1
I haven't been to many away games but I would hate to be at a ground where there is a big between the pitch and the stands, like West Ham for example!
I’ve purposefully not gone to West Ham’s new ground out of protest for how much I loved Upton Park 😂 I hate being far away from the pitch, I’m on row 4 for my season ticket seat at Goodison. Luckily when we get our new stadium the plan is to still have fans close to the pitch

Reactions: 3
It’s not thaaaaaat bad at the olympic stadium. I preferred Upton Park of course but the move has grown on me

Reactions: 4
Yeah, agree with the above. Give me Filbert Street over the King Power any day, evening games were so special there. At least I managed to nick the back of my seat after the last game, it has pride of place in my bedroom at the moment 💙

Reactions: 5
Getting buy one get one free on the away and third kit today has literally made my day!! 🥰

Reactions: 2
Watched my team play in the championship last night and we are absolutely useless.

Someone sent off and we are just not creating, seems the players are adopting the “hit it and hope” method.

Third in the league and if they even think they deserve to go up based on their performances so far then let’s all laugh together 😩

Today it is ten years since our Gary Spped died by suicide. We were are the Nottingham Forest game a few days later and it was so emotional and sad. Even now if you mention Speedo to the long time staff at Leeds they can't speak about him for tears.

They chanted his name for 11 (his shirt number) minutes from the 11th minute of the game and trust at the end Snoddy scored for us completely against the run of play.

Speedo's death changed the way things are done at Leeds, they brought in a psychologist and a counselor as permanent members of staff to make sure everyone has someone to talk to if they need.

My husband and kids are off to the Brighton game this evening, I am still in hospital so watching on tv for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If there are any wolves fans here, I need to know why your number 37 had oily arms!

If there are any wolves fans here, I need to know why your number 37 had oily arms!
It’s Adama, he’s so quick players used to pull on his arms to keep up with him and he’s dislocated his shoulder previously from them pulling him. So they’re oiled up to stop it

Reactions: 7
Adama- people grab at him to pull him back because he’s so fast and oiling his arms makes it hard for people to hold on to him and less likely to cause an injury as he’s had shoulder injuries before. It’s a pretty smart idea

edit- just noticed someone else already answered 🤣

Elland Road is old and tumbling down, but we love it, we still have wooden seats in the West Stand. Because the South Stand backs directly onto the actual road they can't make that any bigger so we will never be a bowl. But they are going to redevelop the West Stand but do it up and over the current one, so what is there now will be a lower tier and they will put an upper tier above. They are going to take the capacity up to something like 60k. Will look great when we're back in League 1.
These all sound like great away days . I have been to some of top 6 and the atmosphere has been terrible. Anfield being a particular bad , I could name at least 10 prem clubs with much atmosphere.

I’ve been to 60+ away grounds and the London Stadium was the worst of them all. Never again.

Catching up on this thread and the discussion on atmosphere at football stadiums makes me realise that most on this thread would not cope with a Glasgow derby. I’ve only managed to ever get tickets for a few of them but duck me im always terrified. But it wouldn’t feel right if I wasn’t terrified 🤣 But now it’s boring as both sides no longer allow the away fans into the stadium during an old firm.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Catching up on this thread and the discussion on atmosphere at football stadiums makes me realise that most on this thread would not cope with a Glasgow derby. I’ve only managed to ever get tickets for a few of them but duck me im always terrified. But it wouldn’t feel right if I wasn’t terrified 🤣 But now it’s boring as both sides no longer allow the away fans into the stadium during an old firm.
Birmingham City v Villa was always one I found terrifying. Refused to let my son go and watch that one when we was in the Championship.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.