Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

glm31

There was enough contact on Ronald that VAR wouldn't overturn the United pen, but Ronaldo definitely hammed it up big time, and somehow, you just know that it wouldn't have been given at the other end. Norwich deserved something from that game. As a Wolves fan, I feel your pain today, @Thelmachops!

Reactions: 7

Lalala12

If there are any wolves fans here, I need to know why your number 37 had oily arms!
It’s Adama, he’s so quick players used to pull on his arms to keep up with him and he’s dislocated his shoulder previously from them pulling him. So they’re oiled up to stop it

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Oooer seems football banter is not allowed anymore cos everybody’s offended at everything 🤷🏽‍♀️

Anyway gutted about Ole, bloody love watching a big club be unsuccessful
If this is aimed at my post, I’m all for football banter but laughing at poverty isn’t really funny is it? 🤨 It’s a big issue in this country and many could look closer to home. See also “feed the scousers, do they know it’s christmas time?” …. went to City away today, my mates a city fan and they were singing on the concourses mocking poverty and singing “sign on” when their own Foodbanks page came out and said Everton fans brought plenty to support their foodbanks. It’s boring 🙄 I do a lot of work for the foodbanks because people in this country rely on them, life shouldn’t be like that

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Having spent time following Leeds in League 1 and going to places like Carlisle, Tranmere, Exeter, Wycombe Wanderers, Grimsby..... there is just something special about a proper ground, it is more authentic or something, bit rough around the edges. Like the away end at Luton you are practically walking through somebody's house to enter. I like all that, I'd rather go there than Spurs' bowl or Arsenal. An away day at The Dell was always more fun than a sanitised experience at St Mary's.

Elland Road is old and tumbling down, but we love it, we still have wooden seats in the West Stand. Because the South Stand backs directly onto the actual road they can't make that any bigger so we will never be a bowl. But they are going to redevelop the West Stand but do it up and over the current one, so what is there now will be a lower tier and they will put an upper tier above. They are going to take the capacity up to something like 60k. Will look great when we're back in League 1.

• Haha

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
What’s harder to win cl or league (pl)?
having a debate with someone and I see on Twitter that it’s mixed on what people think.
Imo it’s harder to win a league, to be consistent over a long period of time but I also see the side that the cl is harder as one mistake, one bad game and some luck and your out.
They also say the cl is harder mentally but imo I definitely think a league is harder mentally as it’s harder to mentally be there for a long period of time rather than a few games 🤷‍♀️
The Premier League for me, 100000%. 38 games for the PL vs 13 games for the Champions League.
Like you say the CL is a bit like one mistake and you’re out but one mistake in the Premier League when it’s as tight as it is equally as big. I’d say PL is mentally harder too for the same reasons as you.

wordzalad

VIP Member
News just in. According to reports Ole will be sacked tomorrow. Very disappointed at this news If true, as a leeds fan I was enjoying watching their demise 😭
if he goes there’s something funny about the last goal scorer under Ole being Van De beek… a player that he doesn’t seem to rate

• Heart

Hevs75

How have I just realised this thread was on here, big football fan, Luton through and through, so I really know what it's like to be up and down from old first division (now premier league), league cup winners to non-league and now chasing a play off place in Championship. There is nothing that beats following your team even when you lose, and going to the games is beautiful, even in our very old Kenilworth Road where we are right on top of the pitch virtually. Love it, just don't like Watford lol

Thelmachops

VIP Member
Football is shite! Unless you are Newcastle and have been brought out by rich owners. No offence meant to any Newcastle fans!

• Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
We play tomorrow. My husband and kids are going and all week I have been on the scrounge for a ticket for my dad and then finally this morning my begging paid off and I got a ticket for him.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Absolute limbs at Watford today. Have you even won a game if you don't leave the ground battered and bruised?

Screenshot_20220409-184254_Dolphin.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

Melian

VIP Member
Watched QPR on Friday. First time at a football match I've used a radio set so that as someone who is visually impaired, I can hear the game. Makes it so much easier! (especially when your friends get alcohol at half time and you miss the start because you're not allowed alcohol in the stands)

• Heart

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Attendances, particularly at semi-finals/finals, are going to start suffering with the cost of living rising at the rate it is. Especially if your team gets to the final and you don’t live in London. I’m seriously having to consider not renewing my season ticket at leicester for next season as I don’t live in leicester anymore (so I have to factor in petrol for the 60 mile round trip and all the other costs associated with going to a game) plus my hours have been cut at work. I’ve had a ST for about 14 consecutive years now and I’m actually really gutted at the thought of letting it go.

• Heart
  • Sad

Alistess

Chatty Member
Football is shite! Unless you are Newcastle and have been brought out by rich owners. No offence meant to any Newcastle fans!
None taken, but believe me we have suffered for years. Selling our best players, no investment in the club, Freddie Shepherd, Ashley and before them Gordon McKeag.
The usual suspects appointed as managers. We deserve our day in the sun.
I am praying Everton go down if for no other reason than Pickford’s antics - sticking his tongue out to us in the Gallowgate end - and van de Beek stating he wouldn’t want to come to the toon as he didn’t want to play in the Championship. Cheeky twat.

• Heart