Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bin dippers? Is that the best insult you have?

Arsenal's keeper was outstanding! We were lucky to finally score the first. We wouldn't have got the 4th if Salah hadn't scored cos he wasn't for passing until he got his goal!
I wasn't trying to be insulting, but in your slums was too long to type out.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I always find it funny* how people like to compare Liverpool to the slums and call Scousers bin dippers, it’s almost like people think poverty is funny 🙄 Baring in mind, there is poverty all over the country and it’s probably far worse in other cities than it is here - statistically it’s worse in Manchester also. As an Everton fan, having people sing “sign on” constantly to us and Liverpool fans is so unoriginal. If you came to Liverpool and lived in Liverpool, you’d realise how friendly and warm and culturally embracing a city it is - it’s everyone else’s loss if you bow down to the stereotypes that were created by a Tory government back in the 80s

* when I say funny, it’s really not funny

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I always find it funny* how people like to compare Liverpool to the slums and call Scousers bin dippers, it’s almost like people think poverty is funny 🙄 Baring in mind, there is poverty all over the country and it’s probably far worse in other cities than it is here - statistically it’s worse in Manchester also. As an Everton fan, having people sing “sign on” constantly to us and Liverpool fans is so unoriginal. If you came to Liverpool and lived in Liverpool, you’d realise how friendly and warm and culturally embracing a city it is - it’s everyone else’s loss if you bow down to the stereotypes that were created by a Tory government back in the 80s

* when I say funny, it’s really not funny
Liverpools a great city. I’ve been a few times and the people are really nice. It gets a bad rep but i think it’s based on outdated stereotypes.

The people are a laugh as well- My brother went to an away day at Anfield once. I’m pretty sure we lost but He ended up going out with a bunch of Liverpool fans after. 🤣

He spent £386m on players and achieved duck all. Glorious.
Honestly thought Utd would have done better with the amount/team they have! Mad

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Your expectations of a modern Man U team are beyond. I’ve come to expect this from United! Whatever they’ve given…. They’re shite 🤣🤣

Forest fans call us (Leicester) ‘bin dippers’ as well, absolutely sidesplitting 🙄. This is from the people who call themselves ‘the tricky trees’ 🤦🏻‍♀️

As you were.

Liverpools a great city. I’ve been a few times and the people are really nice. It gets a bad rep but i think it’s based on outdated stereotypes.

The people are a laugh as well- My brother went to an away day at Anfield once. I’m pretty sure we lost but He ended up going out with a bunch of Liverpool fans after. 🤣

Most of that money was spent on dross.

Having a good director of football and good scouts would have helped. Look at Chelsea have both - also some academy players who have had an impact on their team.

Reactions: 2
Your expectations of a modern Man U team are beyond. I’ve come to expect this from United! Whatever they’ve given…. They’re shite 🤣🤣
Haha tbf some of their signings looked good 🤣 I quite like Sancho… then again I wanted Nuno to do well at Spurs and thought he would so i’m not the best at predicting stuff!

I did put a bet on like early in the season for Chelsea to win the league so hopefully i’m at least right once ahaha

Most of that money was spent on dross.

Having a good director of football and good scouts would have helped. Look at Chelsea have both - also some academy players who have had an impact on their team.
Oh yeah definitely! Chelsea are from what i can see really well run. Other clubs… maybe less so!

Reactions: 2
Oooer seems football banter is not allowed anymore cos everybody’s offended at everything 🤷🏽‍♀️

Anyway gutted about Ole, bloody love watching a big club be unsuccessful

I am watching the Mighty Whites from my hospital bed.

Spurs fans be like

at Conte's first home game. Hah.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oooer seems football banter is not allowed anymore cos everybody’s offended at everything 🤷🏽‍♀️

If this is aimed at my post, I’m all for football banter but laughing at poverty isn’t really funny is it? 🤨 It’s a big issue in this country and many could look closer to home. See also “feed the scousers, do they know it’s christmas time?” …. went to City away today, my mates a city fan and they were singing on the concourses mocking poverty and singing “sign on” when their own Foodbanks page came out and said Everton fans brought plenty to support their foodbanks. It’s boring 🙄 I do a lot of work for the foodbanks because people in this country rely on them, life shouldn’t be like that

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I gave up replying but I have been to Anfield many, many times and bin dipper is tame I could have said something much worse! We're horrible anyway.

Reactions: 4
The problem is that football ‘banter’ plays to stereotypes and it hasn’t evolved much over the years. We get incest jokes and 6 fingers etc. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s so lazy and predictable I find it hard to get wound up about.

I get more annoyed by rival fans being ridiculously and unnecessarily aggressive. Worst fans for that in my experience have been Palace and West Ham.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.