Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

salatblader

VIP Member
Just thought I'd leave this link here.

In one of Alex Day's new videos, Alex states that if he could give advice to his younger self it would be to not date Carrie but that his younger self wouldn't have listened.
I wouldn't recommend people to watch a video by Alex Day. Don't give that manipulative mysoginist PR/views.

Reactions: 42

ChubbRub

Yes because Carrie was the main problem in your relationship, Alex. As much of an entitled dickhead I find her to be, I wouldn’t give him the steam off my piss.
Says a lot about him that the advice is "don't date Carrie" and not "learn about consent and don't be a predator".

Reactions: 39

kev1974

VIP Member
Thread title from an idea by @cherryblossomlatte slightly modified by @Poothe, here - hope I got what you meant.

Continuing from previous thread here

Recent events:
  • someone in the cast or crew tested positive for covid on Saturday resulting in the cancellation of that day's shows at almost zero notice
  • ALW then cancelled the gala night (Mon) and press night (Tues) and went to the papers saying theatre is in big trouble
  • At time of writing it's not clear if/when it will reopen, but maybe around mid August
  • But there's a chance he'll take it to a whole different country to open instead
  • Many rumours that it's just a play for time as several people who've seen the show say it needs more work
  • Carrie tested positive for "want-more-freebies-please-disease" with her social media posts
  • She also snapped at a poor audience member ... be careful responding to her posts or you might be the next one she blocks
  • Plenty of time for her to make more eyes-closed bikini selfies now though, and probably more bizarre "I haven't read any of these" book vlogs
  • All her bookshelves are sorted by colour now, which is nice, but surely makes it difficult to actually find anything
  • Meanwhile Heathers continues to play on over at the Theatre Royal Haymarket ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Kitt

VIP Member
Oh my god, I bet no one messaged her about the cream. Two of us posted about it on here saying she was asking for free shit.

Also just shows her priorities are fucked. Fine about Cinderella cause financially it’s not a big deal for her. But she has to let everyone know she’s crying cause people ‘messaged her’.

Reactions: 36

TheUnknownLaura

VIP Member
Hi long time lurker but avid poster on other threads….I feel it’s time I let rip about Carrie 🤣

I find her so insufferable- I’ve never known someone be so smug. I didn’t mind her when she first appeared but over the years her true colours have come out and it’s not a good look. Constantly looking down on others and throwing a hissy fit every time someone replies with any sort of opinion. She blocked my friend on Twitter who was a massive fan of her because she asked Carrie when she would be on holiday next as she wanted to book tickets for a show she was in, but Carrie for some reason took offence to this and saw it as my friend bossing her around and making her feel guilty about having time off 🙄 safe to say, my friend no longer cares about her.

also it pisses me off so much when she moans about being known as Tom from mcflys sister YET goes on to mention it in so many interviews and then use a mcfly song on her Instagram story!

I’ve heard she is pretty toxic to work with and you can see that when she goes live on Instagram and shows off and calls everyone babe and showering everyone with gifts - bribery won’t work Carrie!

but lastly…..I don’t think she’s a good singer. She shouts rather than sings and when you compare her voice to other theatre actors, its obvious she’s never had any formal training (not that she would accept any, as Carrie knows everything right?!)

(ps…saw her in Addams family and thought it was shit - really long and was like watching a school production)

Last edited:
Reactions: 35

queequeg19

Got home from the last open dress for Cinderella and I have some thoughts

-Not like other girls trope is boring and so 2010
-Suprise gay is homophobic and so 2010 too. Neither are revolutionary.
-Carries voice sounds really good in places and I think that Carrie from 2012-3 would have sung the whole score beautifully.
-No changes to the book or lyrics. The bad and shit stuff is still there.
-The Stepmother sounds and acts like Glenn Close in 101 Dalmatians and Norma Desmond from sunset boulevard.
-Its a hen party show, not suitable for kids at all and there were a few in the audience.
-I love Ivano but he has his weak moments and seems lost actingwise. He sings beautifully and dances stunning, just acting needs to be stronger.
- The "I know you" song goes on for too long and should be a bit shorter. After a minute the audiences realises that they both were hookers before marriage to wealthy men
-The wedding ending was too long. The gap between Cinders getting to the church to find it empty and Sebastian finding her was too long. It didn't need a scene change to a new location.
-The wigs look a bit better from the first section of seats at the front, the photos make them look so bad.
-Carrie still can't act and she does the face so much.
-I love the arc Marie (Stepsister) has in this.
-The plot point were Adele mentions being in love with the village Baker is a rip off from Cinderella 2. That film has anastasia fall in love with the Baker.
-The red vagina dress is still in the show.
-The always topless lads made the show very straight. There's some out there who like topless men, I'm not one.
-Theres a purple dress in a blonde ensemble member and it gives me rapunzel vibes
-The turn of the first section was disappointing and not as exciting as it should have been.
- Alan Yentob and ALW were both there. ALW was mouthing all the words to the songs and script.
-The fairy godmother scene was terrifying with the mannequin dancers
-Loved the stepsisters so much.
-Sebastion and Cinders were stupid and if they just talked to each other this whole situation could have been avoided.
-Cinders is snobby and acts like she's better than everyone and SOOOO SPECIAL, kind of like the madame who plays her. She wasn't a nice character, she was rude, defensive, spiteful. The character did have softer moments but I wouldn't root for her. It took losing everything and having the stepmother pointing this out to realise this.
-Theres so many brief lines of lyric or melody that appear in other ALW shows. I spent a fair bit of time working out were I knew them from.
-The entracte was a weird mash up and was very disjointed. It didn't make sense melodically
-I have 0 songs from it stuck in my head. Not even bad cinderella, that's a bad sign when there's no songs lingering in the audiences head.
-The ensemble were so good and I loved how hard they worked.
-Prince Charmings storyline needed to be mentioned earlier on in a more prominent way.
-Sebastian is a moron, Cinders was meant to be his best friend and he can't recognise her in a blonde wig and silver dress.
-The silver dress is ripped but its only a sleeve and that's by Cinders after Sebastion is kissed by Adele and she storms off in a huff.
-Marie drinking from a pink hip flask the morning of the wedding is such a mood and I secretly stan her character. She also says to Cinders that perhaps they could have been friends if Cinders had been nicer and they could have worked against the step mother together. Marie convinces Cinders to crash the wedding to tell Sebastion the truth. The villians are really pushing the character development along.
-Cinders is an idiot. She didn't even ask which Prince got married and assumed it was Sebastian after hearing the ensemble cheer "the Prince is married". Ask someone there you dumb egg.
-Ivano does so a face like Carrie a lot but his is less gurney than hers
-She needs to stop snarling at the end of her "edgier" songs, it's cringey and not rock n roll at all. She's trying too hard

The story is poor and needs work, the ensemble is fantastic, Ivano and Carrie need to work on making their acting strong throughout (Carrie moreso than Ivano), the music is kind of forgettable and boring and the surprises are kind of lame and awesome dated.

The fact that where I sat is selling for £100 is criminal. I wouldn't pay more than £25 for this show. It gives off touring production qualities at times anx for a very expensive show, that's bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 34

LitNerd

Chatty Member
Got to love the vibe of “this is ONLY Paris, but still the Disney fix I need” sure have a favourite out of them but don’t literally throw your privilege in the face of those who take years to work up and dream of visiting a place you only dane to visit 🙄🙄🙄

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

arty123

Chatty Member
Meanwhile back in the Gillian Lynne Theatre...the library books are curling up at the edges, the coke is going flat and the chocolate that's not in the fridge has melted over the ballgown...oh Carrie it was all going so well....

• Haha
Reactions: 33

salatblader

VIP Member
I’ve noticed that most of your posts tend to be defending Carrie. Are you a secret hopeful? 🤔
Nope, I'm just not someone who believes in shitting on people for the sake of it, and I add naunce when it's warranted. I criticise her when there's reason to, and defend her when people here talk about dumb shit. The fact that so many here so gleefully jump on anyone even remotely defending Carrie, is distributing, and ruins the flow of conversation here

Reactions: 33

londongirl2001

VIP Member
It really can't be said enough: Carrie only cares about Carrie, she doesnt give a sh*t about theatre or her colleagues who are less fortunate. If someone like Georgie Ashford, who by no means has the same career or level of fame, can be self-aware enough to worry about whether or not she should happily post about getting a new gig after lockdown - then why can't Carrie? Because it's always only about her; I've said this before but the only thing she loves about theatre is the applause SHE gets, the praise she's been getting since she was a child. She never watches any shows, never has any kind or generous words about co-stars or other musical theatre stars' projects....if it's not about her, Carrie doesn't care at all.

Reactions: 31

kev1974

VIP Member
Anyone find it odd that in the over a week now since Cindermehla was cancelled/postponed, all she seems to have done is go to theme parks or hob nob with the previous and current casts of Heathers (and why she can't move on and leave that show alone now is another story).

I mean why hasn't ALW got them in rehearsals every day, finessing Cindermehla? I can understand "take a couple of days off, to get over the disappointment", but it's been over a week now. Surely the person who had to isolate is allowed back in the theatre by now, but even if they're not, ALW said it was a "cameo role" so you'd think they'd be able to get on without them, and take the absolutely golden opportunity to carry on working on the show behind closed doors?

If they're not back to daily rehearsals and working on the show in the next few days I'm going to take it that either (a) he's said he needs a few weeks to rewrite the thing, or (b) it's actually never reopening at all, regardless of what ticket sales shenanigans is going on.

Reactions: 31