Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw Cinderella tonight, The Face was very present throughout. I was expecting Bad Cinderella to be much more physical for her based on what she’s said previously.

Reactions: 9
Tom took furlough money he didn't need (he and Giovanna weren't out of work or missing income) to pay for the nanny. Plus, he acts like he's the first person to ever be a dad. Whenever he takes care of the kids on his own, he acts like he's some kind of hero - like?? Men should literally not get patted on the back for doing the same things as women do (and are expected to do) in families all the time.
Add the fact the “nanny” is actually his mom

Reactions: 19
Can someone summarise the plot for me? Apologies if I missed it upthread! You couldn’t pay me to go, it all looks like am dram 😂

Reactions: 3
Can someone summarise the plot for me? Apologies if I missed it upthread! You couldn’t pay me to go, it all looks like am dram 😂
TL;DR
Cinderella lives in a picture perfect fairytale town called Belleville where everyone is beautiful and shallow except her, cuz she's Not Like Other Girls! She stands out because she wears Doc Martens and likes to *gasp!* read. Her childhood friend and love interest is Prince Sebastian, the younger brother of Prince Charming, who went missing so now Sebastian is heir to the throne. Cinderella vandalises a statue in the missing Prince Charming's honour, so Belleville loses a prestigious award for most beautiful town and everyone hates her. To improve the town's public image, Sebastian's mother, the queen decides to hold a ball at which he'll be expected to choose a bride. Sebastian invites Cinderella, but her stepmother and stepsisters make fun of her and convince her he just feels sorry for her (in fact he returns her feelings.) Unknown to Cinderella, her stepmother and the queen have already agreed between them that Sebastian will marry one of the stepsisters.

Cinderella goes to the Godmother, who is the town's plastic surgeon; and asks for a makeover so Sebastian will fall in love with her at the ball. But since it's the 11th hour, there is no time for all the surgery. She gets a temporary new look that will wear off in a few hours and cause her to collapse in agony if she isn't back by midnight. At the ball, Sebastian doesn't recognise Cinderella and thinks she's just another identikit bimbo instead of the rebel girl he fell in love with. He decides he can't possibly love her if she's just like all the other girls! Cinderella is heartbroken. Sebastian is pushed to marry Stepsister #1, and the wedding is due to go ahead the next day. Cinderella plans to leave town but is convinced by Stepsister #2 to crash the wedding and tell Sebastian how she really feels. The missing Prince Charming comes back, revealing he ran away because he was gay. Everyone accepts him, and Prince Charming marries his boyfriend on the spot. Cinderella arrives right at the end of this, and upon hearing "the prince is married", assumes it's Sebastian. More heartbreak! Sebastian comes along, he and Cinderella actually talk for five minutes and work out the misunderstanding, and he leaves with her to travel the world.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
TL;DR
Cinderella lives in a picture perfect fairytale town called Belleville where everyone is beautiful and shallow except her, cuz she's Not Like Other Girls! She stands out because she wears Doc Martens and likes to *gasp!* read. Her childhood friend and love interest is Prince Sebastian, the younger brother of Prince Charming, who went missing so now Sebastian is heir to the throne. Cinderella vandalises a statue in the missing Prince Charming's honour, so Belleville loses a prestigious award for most beautiful town and everyone hates her. To improve the town's public image, Sebastian's mother, the queen decides to hold a ball at which he'll be expected to choose a bride. Sebastian invites Cinderella, but her stepmother and stepsisters make fun of her and convince her he just feels sorry for her (in fact he returns her feelings.) Unknown to Cinderella, her stepmother and the queen have already agreed between them that Sebastian will marry one of the stepsisters.

Cinderella goes to the Godmother, who is the town's plastic surgeon; and asks for a makeover so Sebastian will fall in love with her at the ball. But since it's the 11th hour, there is no time for all the surgery. She gets a temporary new look that will wear off in a few hours and cause her to collapse in agony if she isn't back by midnight. At the ball, Sebastian doesn't recognise Cinderella and thinks she's just another identikit bimbo instead of the rebel girl he fell in love with. He decides he can't possibly love her if she's just like all the other girls! Cinderella is heartbroken. Sebastian is pushed to marry Stepsister #1, and the wedding is due to go ahead the next day. Cinderella plans to leave town but is convinced by Stepsister #2 to crash the wedding and tell Sebastian how she really feels. The missing Prince Charming comes back, revealing he ran away because he was gay. Everyone accepts him, and Prince Charming marries his boyfriend on the spot. Cinderella arrives right at the end of this, and upon hearing "the prince is married", assumes it's Sebastian. More heartbreak! Sebastian comes along, he and Cinderella actually talk for five minutes and work out the misunderstanding, and he leaves with her to travel the world.
Sounds tit and like a school production 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
TL;DR

That’s what getting all the praise from the guardian?!?

It literally sounds like a GCSE drama piece😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
EF0AF256-363F-4987-8883-4D911858A5C9.jpeg

Does someone else feels weird reading “she joins my grestest leading ladies” there is something really off about it that I can put my finger on.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
TL;DR

(i’m just going to tag my opinion on the plot as spoiler)
ok the whole best town thing…. someone’s been watching hot fuzz during lockdown and if cindemehla was really a good friend to sebastian why is she vandalising his assumed dead brothers statue???

the whole plastic surgeon thing makes me giggle as many of carries friends have had cosmetic surgery’s and they’ll probably go watch the show which basically tells them “plastic surgery bad” (eg gi and louise pentland).

as a lesbian the whole “surprise prince charming is gay” subplot seems cheap and gross.

also is prince sebastian, prince charming and the queen only royalty to the town?

there’s so many things wrong and cliche about this plot and i saw someone else mention it but they definitely should’ve made stepsister #2 the main character

View attachment 721745
Does someone else feels weird reading “she joins my grestest leading ladies” there is something really off about it that I can put my finger on.
sounds like his collecting them

• Haha
Reactions: 6
ALW has a habit of 'adopting' his female leads then dropping them when the show closes for the next big thing he's into

Reactions: 12
the whole plastic surgeon thing makes me giggle as many of carries friends have had cosmetic surgery’s and they’ll probably go watch the show which basically tells them “plastic surgery bad” (eg gi and louise pentland).
OT but Gi and Louise have had cosmetic surgery?! What have they had done?

Reactions: 4
TL;DR

Everything I've read about Emerald Fennell has told me she's a really clever writer, was this written on an off day or something?

Reactions: 8
Lol being one of his leading ladies is not a compliment. He throws them all under a bus.

Basically only Sarah Brightman and Elaine paige have survived and even then haven't had much to do with him since the 90s.

The audience you literally had to GIVE tickets away to in order to get said full capacity?
That's OK. Based on ticket sales she won't be seeing a full capacity audience for a while

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.