Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title from an idea by @cherryblossomlatte slightly modified by @Poothe, here - hope I got what you meant.

Continuing from previous thread here

Recent events:
  • someone in the cast or crew tested positive for covid on Saturday resulting in the cancellation of that day's shows at almost zero notice
  • ALW then cancelled the gala night (Mon) and press night (Tues) and went to the papers saying theatre is in big trouble
  • At time of writing it's not clear if/when it will reopen, but maybe around mid August
  • But there's a chance he'll take it to a whole different country to open instead
  • Many rumours that it's just a play for time as several people who've seen the show say it needs more work
  • Carrie tested positive for "want-more-freebies-please-disease" with her social media posts
  • She also snapped at a poor audience member ... be careful responding to her posts or you might be the next one she blocks
  • Plenty of time for her to make more eyes-closed bikini selfies now though, and probably more bizarre "I haven't read any of these" book vlogs
  • All her bookshelves are sorted by colour now, which is nice, but surely makes it difficult to actually find anything
  • Meanwhile Heathers continues to play on over at the Theatre Royal Haymarket ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Further to Carrie's last RT: no, we're not celebrating Cinderella closing (which would be a bit premature, as ALW is now saying that he does intend to bring it back ASAP.) We're saying that even though by all appearances it isn't a very good show, we're sorry for the cast and crew, and find her behaviour insensitive. Also, said RT is the height of hypocrisy given her "I'm all right, Jack" attitude because she doesn't need the money

Reactions: 15
“The 73-year-old producer, whose show was to signal the reopening of the West End, said there has only been one positive case among the entire cast and crew. But under the Government’s isolation guidance, dubbed the pingdemic, he said he cannot continue the run.”

why do they think Cinderella is a show to mark that west end is open? Shows have been open already and are still open and would close for the 10 days.

also to reply about Carrie’s RT. Your boss decided to do a hissy fit and close the show for who knows how long, no one is gloating about it to the cast and crew, except maybe Carrie who took the news as a chance to take more sun bathing selfies when her coworkers lost their jobs/income for who knows who long just because ALW is being stupid.

Reactions: 28
That RT is more towards Twitter where there’s lots of mention of karma for ALW flying in to vote against tax credits

Reactions: 11
She's still a grade A hypocrite given the way she's acted while less fortunate members of the cast and crew are losing their jobs

Reactions: 11
She's still a grade A hypocrite given the way she's acted while less fortunate members of the cast and crew are losing their jobs
What can we expect from the woman who just retweeted a thread calling out JK Rowling but happily accepts jobs and freebies from the Harry Potter brand. Not supporting JK also means not supporting her brand which is HP.

Reactions: 21
The obvious response is to ask why ALW, with all the millions he's already sunk into this show, hasn't done the same.
(yes I know it's new and they wouldn't normally have rehearsed their understudies yet, but these are strange and difficult times, so adapt FGS).
It's still previews at the moment, so nobody expects the thing to be perfect, but I bet they'd prefer 90% of a show than nothing at all.
Need to go back to preview tickets being discounted because the show isn't yet perfect and finalised.

Not responding to her on twatter though since she'll just get her blockatron 2000 out

1626797319694.png

Reactions: 13
The obvious response is to ask why ALW, with all the millions he's already sunk into this show, hasn't done the same.
(yes I know it's new and they wouldn't normally have rehearsed their understudies yet, but these are strange and difficult times, so adapt FGS).
It's still previews at the moment, so nobody expects the thing to be perfect, but I bet they'd prefer 90% of a show than nothing at all.
Need to go back to preview tickets being discounted because the show isn't yet perfect and finalised.

Not responding to her on twatter though since she'll just get her blockatron 2000 out

View attachment 671566
Yes for all the time he’s had he could have had two sets of cast almost bubbled separately

Reactions: 18
Yes for all the time he’s had he could have had two sets of cast almost bubbled separately
You see he wouldn't do that as its a logical thing to do and we all know that absolutely nothing about this version of cindermehla makes any sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In fairness two casts would have been an astronomical cost.

The impression I'm getting from the theatre industry at the moment is they are the worst affected out of everyone (it's a race to be the biggest victim these days), the pandemic is a personal attack on them, and that mass crowded gatherings inside poorly ventilated buildings should be allowed and that one person with potential covid is insignificant and shouldn't have to isolate when they could keep infecting people.

I don't actually believe that's what many people think, but so many of them are so bad at expressing themselves thats how it's coming across.

And it was ALWs own statement that cause the confusion. Honestly so many people don't seem to know how to communicate, or just don't check things before sending.

They also reopened even though they knew all about isolating rules when they decided to reopen instead of waiting a few weeks.

Reactions: 20
It’s honestly bleeping me off how ALW is acting like Cinderella is the only show to have this happen and has totally thrown his toys out the pram. He could take it on the chin and close for 10 days like Hairspray and Prince of Egypt did, but no he’s honestly deluded enough to believe that everyone is gagging for Cinderella to open and that it’s the sole show to mark the return of west end theatre.

Never mind that Nimax have been running their shows since middle of May and neither Jamie nor Six have had to cancel any performances so far. They’re just getting on with it.

Also as if Carrie cares about all her colleagues who are out of work, the witch has been sunbathing all weekend. She doesn't worry about income at all unlike the poor crew and FOH team on Cinderella who have been screwed over by ALW forcing them all onto casual contracts.

We aren’t celebrating those people losing their jobs, we’re celebrating the fact that the absolute “not like other girls” shitshow isn’t going to open 😂 I reckon he saw early reviews were bad for it and cancelled it to save face but just conveniently blames that poor cast member who got Covid.

Reactions: 30
Hi long time lurker but avid poster on other threads….I feel it’s time I let rip about Carrie 🤣

I find her so insufferable- I’ve never known someone be so smug. I didn’t mind her when she first appeared but over the years her true colours have come out and it’s not a good look. Constantly looking down on others and throwing a hissy fit every time someone replies with any sort of opinion. She blocked my friend on Twitter who was a massive fan of her because she asked Carrie when she would be on holiday next as she wanted to book tickets for a show she was in, but Carrie for some reason took offence to this and saw it as my friend bossing her around and making her feel guilty about having time off 🙄 safe to say, my friend no longer cares about her.

also it pisses me off so much when she moans about being known as Tom from mcflys sister YET goes on to mention it in so many interviews and then use a mcfly song on her Instagram story!

I’ve heard she is pretty toxic to work with and you can see that when she goes live on Instagram and shows off and calls everyone babe and showering everyone with gifts - bribery won’t work Carrie!

but lastly…..I don’t think she’s a good singer. She shouts rather than sings and when you compare her voice to other theatre actors, its obvious she’s never had any formal training (not that she would accept any, as Carrie knows everything right?!)

(ps…saw her in Addams family and thought it was tit - really long and was like watching a school production)

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I think CHF response to that audience member is disgusting. As someone who also works in theatre I appreciate people are allowed to be frustrated if their tickets are cancelled. By including an actor in that performance they are bringing them in on their frustration. CHF is so arrogant she puts herself at the centre of the issue and so strikes out. Awful. I'd say the same about the RT. Actors are letting themselves down here. The audience is on their side but they are too arrogant and self centered to realise that. I'm ashamed of them.

Reactions: 25
Never mind that Nimax have been running their shows since middle of May and neither Jamie nor Six have had to cancel any performances so far. They’re just getting on with it.
Sadly the Tour of Six has had to cancel a week's worth of performances... but both casts done really well in terms of keeping them going with all of their swings and covers.

Reactions: 9
I have been listening to the Cinderella/Sebastian duet on the album because I really like the melody but Carrie “mockey” voice she does at some parts keep driving me crazier and crazier. Everytime I listen to that part I think that voice belong in chicken animatronic in a theme park not the ocr of a musical 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People in the MTAS Facebook group are literally still getting their Cinderella tickets emailed to them, some followed by a “we made an error” email 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I mean, with the rate she's blocking, I would suggest she just leaves social media. Her skin is as thick as soggy loo roll.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.