Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree she looks frumpy but as someone who wears glasses, I am not letting anyone near my eye with a lazer!! The risk is high. I’d rather look like a “librarian” too.

Any sign of rehearsals starting back? Supposedly there is a week to go?
I agree - I have to wear glasses all the time but I’d rather wear them than have something burn a layer off my eyeballs - I’ve seen what happens in the final destination films….😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe the lack of contacts on stage is the explanation for The Face...she can't see tit while performing, thus the constant look of confusion and anger :D

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have a low prescription two (-0.5 in one eye and -2 in the other) and I stopped wearing glasses in March-May last year cause I work at the ER in a hospital and I was pretty paranoid about COVID, I thought the less stuff I wore in my face (besides the masks and the safety glasses) the less of a chance of catching the bug. At first it was a bit hard but as soon as my eyes got used to it, it's not such a big deal, really. Then I started wearing contacts cause I got sick of my glasses getting all foggy wearing the mask.
But if she's used to not wearing the glasses onstage, it's not such a big deal, really.

Reactions: 3
Carrie dresses like she’s already a mum of three except she’s just got a ‘special cat’

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And to the person above talking about the reaction to Tom not wearing glasses, when someone you know suddenly stops wearing them- it’s bizarre! When my dad got contacts for the first time it was so strange to see his face without the glasses. It seemed to change the shape of his face. It might seem weird to have that reaction if you’ve never experienced it yourself, but as someone with both parents being glasses and contact wearers I completely identify with that.
I get what you're saying here but it's still odd to me. Me and my husband both need our glasses all the time or we're basically useless, but we live together and sleep in the same bed and every night and morning we see each other without our glasses? I wouldn't think my husband looks strange without his glasses and vice versa because we see each other regularly without glasses. Unless they say goodnight, roll over and then take their glasses off, I don't know why you'd think your spouse looked strange in contacts. Maybe it's because everytime we see each other without our glasses, we're squinting at each other like little bats 😂

Reactions: 8
I wear glasses all the time and it is weird when someone who wears them all the time suddenly isn't. If you only take glasses off for bed and shower then most people will not know what you look like without, and people really can look very different without them

Reactions: 5
... or just like any other job really? I can’t take holidays on the same day as my colleague. I don’t know anyone who can. Confused as to why this is supposed to be special?
yeah literally true of most jobs. You apply for days off well in advance but they won’t give you them if others are already off. She probably thinks she’s so hard done by with this but it’s just normal.

Reactions: 22
... or just like any other job really? I can’t take holidays on the same day as my colleague. I don’t know anyone who can. Confused as to why this is supposed to be special?
Exactly, I'm in a buddy system with 3 others within my wider team. We can only have 2 out of 4 off at any time in each buddy group, and there are periods noone can take, due to deadlines. Yet again Carrie acting like her job is sooooo special in that regard.

Reactions: 7
Is this really how out of touch the arts are? Pretty much every job where there is more than one of you doing it requires you to work around eachother when it comes to time off. Also it's literally most managers jobs to manage staff absences.

I mean...really...

Reactions: 10
Well, the questioner was asking about how it is in the theatre industry, and Carrie told her what it's like in the theatre industry. It's not like she was saying she is hard done by or that it's totally different from other jobs. She hasn't had any normal jobs, though, so she wouldn't know to compare. Which is the out of touch part, I suppose.

Reactions: 5
Is this really how out of touch the arts are? Pretty much every job where there is more than one of you doing it requires you to work around eachother when it comes to time off. Also it's literally most managers jobs to manage staff absences.

I mean...really...
Nah, I think is Carrie.
Most of the actors have to work another job between musicals to get by, some even have a morning job, so they probably know that’s the standard in any job.

Reactions: 8
Well, the questioner was asking about how it is in the theatre industry, and Carrie told her what it's like in the theatre industry. It's not like she was saying she is hard done by or that it's totally different from other jobs. She hasn't had any normal jobs, though, so she wouldn't know to compare. Which is the out of touch part, I suppose.
The question was fair enough. It's way she answered it for me that screams she hasn't a clue how normal jobs work and that you also have to do this.

Reactions: 11
It's like when theatre was making a big fuss years back about Sunday shows, or always working weekends and not seeing families. That's normal for so many people, the 9 to 5 isn't really a thing anymore for many people. Shift workers for one, can often not see partners all week. Also you know that when you get into it and when you have families etc. Everyone has to compromise and sacrifice in their work and home life balance.

Reactions: 10
I’ve noticed that most of your posts tend to be defending Carrie. Are you a secret hopeful? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
3103C3C0-FF16-45EE-9F6F-4A8BEB6D8E8C.png

Anyone else just find this particular Carrie smile slightly terrifying? “WE ARE FRIENDS HAVING A GOOD TIME 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve noticed that most of your posts tend to be defending Carrie. Are you a secret hopeful? 🤔
Nope, I'm just not someone who believes in shitting on people for the sake of it, and I add naunce when it's warranted. I criticise her when there's reason to, and defend her when people here talk about dumb tit. The fact that so many here so gleefully jump on anyone even remotely defending Carrie, is distributing, and ruins the flow of conversation here

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.