Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Old Carrie is out with her twin Louise Pentland today, remember when both of them verbally bullied an A level pupil on Twitter a few years back because she said she wanted to do well in her exams? Cue the, well it didn't do us any harm and we weren't academic, no ladies, because you both have rich daddies!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Old Carrie is out with her twin Louise Pentland today, remember when both of them verbally bullied an A level pupil on Twitter a few years back because she said she wanted to do well in her exams? Cue the, well it didn't do us any harm and we weren't academic, no ladies, because you both have rich daddies!
I don’t remember that, what was that about?

Reactions: 2
Gala night of Heathers tonight and Charlotte Jaconelly mentioned on her is at gram that her and a couple of OGs are attending, I know Carrie probably would have declined any original invite based on Cinderella performances but it will be interesting if it even gets an Instagram story or tweet (I haven’t seen her Twitter today so apologies if she’s already retweeted something etc)

Reactions: 2
Louise literally has a degree in psychology. She might not have done amazing I'm it but I don't think she can really say she's not at all academic or anything.

Why are they always looking at the wrong camera?! 😂
I've literally watched the first two minutes and I think it's just that they are making intense eye contact with the autocue

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Fake bought followers, fake bought reviews for her terrible books, a hollow publishing deal based on her (fake) follower count, roles based on her name and (fake) follower count. Not really into theatre. Not really into reading. Not really a Gryffindor. Not actually trained to do her job. Not really into half the history she claims to be to beg roles. Not really into half the hobbies she waxes lyrical about. Hair not really as curly as she makes out. Not really as busy as she pretends to be.
Wonder what of her actually is real.

Reactions: 25
Anyone find it odd that in the over a week now since Cindermehla was cancelled/postponed, all she seems to have done is go to theme parks or hob nob with the previous and current casts of Heathers (and why she can't move on and leave that show alone now is another story).

I mean why hasn't ALW got them in rehearsals every day, finessing Cindermehla? I can understand "take a couple of days off, to get over the disappointment", but it's been over a week now. Surely the person who had to isolate is allowed back in the theatre by now, but even if they're not, ALW said it was a "cameo role" so you'd think they'd be able to get on without them, and take the absolutely golden opportunity to carry on working on the show behind closed doors?

If they're not back to daily rehearsals and working on the show in the next few days I'm going to take it that either (a) he's said he needs a few weeks to rewrite the thing, or (b) it's actually never reopening at all, regardless of what ticket sales shenanigans is going on.

Reactions: 31
Anyone find it odd that in the over a week now since Cindermehla was cancelled/postponed, all she seems to have done is go to theme parks or hob nob with the previous and current casts of Heathers (and why she can't move on and leave that show alone now is another story).

I mean why hasn't ALW got them in rehearsals every day, finessing Cindermehla? I can understand "take a couple of days off, to get over the disappointment", but it's been over a week now. Surely the person who had to isolate is allowed back in the theatre by now, but even if they're not, ALW said it was a "cameo role" so you'd think they'd be able to get on without them, and take the absolutely golden opportunity to carry on working on the show behind closed doors?

If they're not back to daily rehearsals and working on the show in the next few days I'm going to take it that either (a) he's said he needs a few weeks to rewrite the thing, or (b) it's actually never reopening at all, regardless of what ticket sales shenanigans is going on.
Well exactly, it’s not like they’re isolating and therefore can’t rehearse…

Reactions: 14

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with her going to see a show which she clearly loved before she got the role of Veronica, and hanging out with old cast mates. Though based on what we’ve heard about Christina, the current Veronica, I do wonder how Carrie got on with the new cast.
i definitely agree that there must be some manic rewriting happening before they get the cast back in for rehearsals. Rehearsals usually stop after opening night but opening night was cancelled so it’s obvious they will get the cast back in before the show starts again. I used to like ALW but this whole Cinderella mess and how he has reacted to the pandemic just makes me thing of him as a stroppy diva who doesn’t care about anyone but himself. He sure as hell doesn’t care about his casts and that is well documented with how he has treated his leading ladies in the past.
People are looking for some light relief when they go to the theatre at the moment to take their minds off of what is going on in the world. Reviews mean absolutely nothing in the long run. The worst reviewed shows at my local theatre are usually the most loved by audiences. Generally reviews will not close a show, a lack of audience does. People will more likely go to social media for real people experience rather than read a review in a newspaper written by a reviewer who has been sent to a show they never would have seen in the first place due to their own personal likes and dislikes.
If Cinderella doesn’t last the year Carrie will be dropped like a hot potato by ALW, and she’ll most likely find out via social media because he doesn’t like face to face confrontation. He’s done it before, he’ll do it again.

Reactions: 21
Tbh I'm just amazed she went to a theatre. She never goes. It's interesting how its a show she has links to, it doesn't help dispell the self involved image.

And yes if cinderella flops she will be dropped like so many before her

Reactions: 21
Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with her going to see a show which she clearly loved before she got the role of Veronica
Lol. She’d never even heard of Heathers before she was stunt cast. That “love” for it was just as fake as everything else she tries to pretend she’s into.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Any ideas what her super exciting, year in the making, announcement might be?

Reactions: 3
Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with her going to see a show which she clearly loved before she got the role of Veronica, and hanging out with old cast mates. Though based on what we’ve heard about Christina, the current Veronica, I do wonder how Carrie got on with the new cast.
i definitely agree that there must be some manic rewriting happening before they get the cast back in for rehearsals. Rehearsals usually stop after opening night but opening night was cancelled so it’s obvious they will get the cast back in before the show starts again. I used to like ALW but this whole Cinderella mess and how he has reacted to the pandemic just makes me thing of him as a stroppy diva who doesn’t care about anyone but himself. He sure as hell doesn’t care about his casts and that is well documented with how he has treated his leading ladies in the past.
People are looking for some light relief when they go to the theatre at the moment to take their minds off of what is going on in the world. Reviews mean absolutely nothing in the long run. The worst reviewed shows at my local theatre are usually the most loved by audiences. Generally reviews will not close a show, a lack of audience does. People will more likely go to social media for real people experience rather than read a review in a newspaper written by a reviewer who has been sent to a show they never would have seen in the first place due to their own personal likes and dislikes.
If Cinderella doesn’t last the year Carrie will be dropped like a hot potato by ALW, and she’ll most likely find out via social media because he doesn’t like face to face confrontation. He’s done it before, he’ll do it again.
I dunno. I would expect some "break a leg!" type messages of best wishes to a new cast for sure, but then surely the polite thing is to withdraw to let the new cast run with what is now their show and their chance to shine.

She just seems to try a little bit too hard at keeping reminding us that she was in it in the past, and it's also comes across as being desperate to make sure we see how supportive a person she is, "look at me and how I support and look after everyone!!!", it's just more of the book trolley and tuck shop stuff. I mean do Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth keep hosting Wicked cast reunions? Maybe they do!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Cinderella has now become toxic............it's not something that had mass appeal in the first place, the only thing that could have carried it thrgouh would be an outstanding press night, which would have created hype. Advance sales were appalling (you could see that from available tkts on LW Theatres selling platform, as well as all the agencies platforms). I believe they are now using this as an excuse to close what was a pretty dreadful show. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, ALW and his programming team have lost touch with what people want to see. In a world where the competition is Hamilton, Frozen etc who wants to go and see a poor telling of Cinderella? Now, if like in the original workshop, it was focussed on the Step-Mother, I think the outcome would have been completely different..........

I’m surprised ALW didn’t do something like Hunchback of Notre Dame or even Beauty and the Beast, more gothic as that’s where I feel his music excels (Whatever you think of him, Phantom is an exemplary score). Heck he could even have done a musical for War and Peace, Rebecca or Wuthering Heights!

Or, as has been said, completely revisit it from the perspective of a villain, just as Disney did with Maleficent and obviously Wicked. She could have done it from the POV of one of the stepsisters - perhaps one was far less favoured than the other, and here we were feeling bad for cinders when it wasn’t much better for SS2. But just changing the basic facts of the story doesn’t work for me!

The reason that wicked “works” so well is that it COULD fit with the original story. We can buy into it and it takes advantage of tiny details in Wizard, such as the scarecrow. This whole “let’s just take the name Cinderella and the fact there’s a ball and ignore everything else” doesn’t sit right with me!

But what do I know? Probably not as much as ALW or cinders, so I’ll shut up now…

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes I agree he excels at gothic romance. Although reading the early reports of the new phantom and looking at costume pics, it seems to have gotten a bit more disneyfied and watered down compared to the dark original

Reactions: 10
Any ideas what her super exciting, year in the making, announcement might be?
i’m thinking a collab with a brand… probably clothes, shoes or bags (maybe makeup?). it’s definitely not a book cause she’s always been vocal about when she’s writing one of those and i don’t think it’s merch for her shop because she’d also be loud about it. so my bets are on a collab with one of the #gifted brands and she hasn’t been allowed to say anything cause of ndas

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.