Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can’t get over the placement of the red ruffles on that dress, did they not think it through?!
I have it on good authority that this dress has been removed from the show. It did not feature in Saturday’s performance. Someone finally got the memo 😂🩸

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The way ALW constantly threatens to sell Cinderella off and comes out with lines about how theatre is no longer viable in Britain just all seems so petulant. Endless threats. Meanwhile, I gather lots of other productions in London are putting on their shows while doing their best to keep their cast, crew and audiences safe and adhering to government guidelines (however complex or flawed those might be!).
I saw Anything Goes at the weekend after it was closed for 2(!) days because of isolation, it reopened fine with no fuss so no idea why ALW is making such a noise about it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
For someone who spend ages telling everything this Cinderella is not the Disney version, she has been buying a lot of Disney Cinderella things

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Really annoys me when she writes a whole essay on not being sponsored. It’s common knowledge that if an influencer puts #ad or #spon or #gifted, then that’s the case. If they don’t put anything, we KNOW that it’s not gifted or sponsored or anything. Really annoying whenever she shows ANY item that is a physical thing that can be purchased she has to say ‘It’s not gifted, the company know nothing about this purchase, I’m just a big fan!!!’ Stfu.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Really annoys me when she writes a whole essay on not being sponsored. It’s common knowledge that if an influencer puts #ad or #spon or #gifted, then that’s the case. If they don’t put anything, we KNOW that it’s not gifted or sponsored or anything. Really annoying whenever she shows ANY item that is a physical thing that can be purchased she has to say ‘It’s not gifted, the company know nothing about this purchase, I’m just a big fan!!!’ Stfu.
it’s a not so subtle hint for the brand to notice her. Like they’ll then think “oh should we know who this is?” in the hope for freebies. Otherwise why would she tag them? She’s actually such a beg lmao

Reactions: 20
So on one hand her and the shows pr belittle the original fairytale, on the other she buys disney merch of a movie that is supposedly outdated and anti feminist. The contradictions never stop

Doesn't she do that with all her roles outside Les Mis? Like, completely misinterpret them and then muddle her interpretation with a completely different take (one that she was against before)? I never watched Heathers but I remember lots of people commenting on how weird Carrie's take on her character was...

Reactions: 17
The way ALW constantly threatens to sell Cinderella off and comes out with lines about how theatre is no longer viable in Britain just all seems so petulant. Endless threats. Meanwhile, I gather lots of other productions in London are putting on their shows while doing their best to keep their cast, crew and audiences safe and adhering to government guidelines (however complex or flawed those might be!).
To think Lauren Byrne left the success that is Six for this tit show.

Reactions: 17
I would have thought that with the costume change, the first wig would come off when they put this one on. Though I have heard she takes off part of the ball costume on stage at the ball- does she take the wig off at midnight when it all becomes too much?
She take off the blonde wig at midnight when Sebastian is promised to her step sister and she yells at him and he finally recognizes Cinderella.

Carrie talks about loving Cinderella (Disney movie so much) yet she keeps saying Cinderella changed for a man and wanted to be rescued by the prince. When she never did, which Cinderella tells The fairy godmother to make her absolutely hot? Spoiler is not the Disney one, Carrie

Reactions: 13
by carries definition of “Cindy changes herself for a guy” then carrie must be cinderella because she seems to change herself for every man she’s with

Reactions: 21
"Please give me a bag so I don't have to buy one again" "How do I get more attention in the street? Will people realise I play Cinderella if my backpack has Cinderella on!?"

This show, as far as I am concerned, is just toxic, much of it has to do with ALW himself. He has completely lost touch with today's audience and his constant issues sound like whining. There are thousands of theatrical companies around the UK, significantly worse off than RUG/LW Theatres that are not moaning all the time!

Reactions: 23
Got home from the last open dress for Cinderella and I have some thoughts

-Not like other girls trope is boring and so 2010
-Suprise gay is homophobic and so 2010 too. Neither are revolutionary.
-Carries voice sounds really good in places and I think that Carrie from 2012-3 would have sung the whole score beautifully.
-No changes to the book or lyrics. The bad and tit stuff is still there.
-The Stepmother sounds and acts like Glenn Close in 101 Dalmatians and Norma Desmond from sunset boulevard.
-Its a hen party show, not suitable for kids at all and there were a few in the audience.
-I love Ivano but he has his weak moments and seems lost actingwise. He sings beautifully and dances stunning, just acting needs to be stronger.
- The "I know you" song goes on for too long and should be a bit shorter. After a minute the audiences realises that they both were hookers before marriage to wealthy men
-The wedding ending was too long. The gap between Cinders getting to the church to find it empty and Sebastian finding her was too long. It didn't need a scene change to a new location.
-The wigs look a bit better from the first section of seats at the front, the photos make them look so bad.
-Carrie still can't act and she does the face so much.
-I love the arc Marie (Stepsister) has in this.
-The plot point were Adele mentions being in love with the village Baker is a rip off from Cinderella 2. That film has anastasia fall in love with the Baker.
-The red vagina dress is still in the show.
-The always topless lads made the show very straight. There's some out there who like topless men, I'm not one.
-Theres a purple dress in a blonde ensemble member and it gives me rapunzel vibes
-The turn of the first section was disappointing and not as exciting as it should have been.
- Alan Yentob and ALW were both there. ALW was mouthing all the words to the songs and script.
-The fairy godmother scene was terrifying with the mannequin dancers
-Loved the stepsisters so much.
-Sebastion and Cinders were stupid and if they just talked to each other this whole situation could have been avoided.
-Cinders is snobby and acts like she's better than everyone and SOOOO SPECIAL, kind of like the madame who plays her. She wasn't a nice character, she was rude, defensive, spiteful. The character did have softer moments but I wouldn't root for her. It took losing everything and having the stepmother pointing this out to realise this.
-Theres so many brief lines of lyric or melody that appear in other ALW shows. I spent a fair bit of time working out were I knew them from.
-The entracte was a weird mash up and was very disjointed. It didn't make sense melodically
-I have 0 songs from it stuck in my head. Not even bad cinderella, that's a bad sign when there's no songs lingering in the audiences head.
-The ensemble were so good and I loved how hard they worked.
-Prince Charmings storyline needed to be mentioned earlier on in a more prominent way.
-Sebastian is a moron, Cinders was meant to be his best friend and he can't recognise her in a blonde wig and silver dress.
-The silver dress is ripped but its only a sleeve and that's by Cinders after Sebastion is kissed by Adele and she storms off in a huff.
-Marie drinking from a pink hip flask the morning of the wedding is such a mood and I secretly stan her character. She also says to Cinders that perhaps they could have been friends if Cinders had been nicer and they could have worked against the step mother together. Marie convinces Cinders to crash the wedding to tell Sebastion the truth. The villians are really pushing the character development along.
-Cinders is an idiot. She didn't even ask which Prince got married and assumed it was Sebastian after hearing the ensemble cheer "the Prince is married". Ask someone there you dumb egg.
-Ivano does so a face like Carrie a lot but his is less gurney than hers
-She needs to stop snarling at the end of her "edgier" songs, it's cringey and not rock n roll at all. She's trying too hard

The story is poor and needs work, the ensemble is fantastic, Ivano and Carrie need to work on making their acting strong throughout (Carrie moreso than Ivano), the music is kind of forgettable and boring and the surprises are kind of lame and awesome dated.

The fact that where I sat is selling for £100 is criminal. I wouldn't pay more than £25 for this show. It gives off touring production qualities at times anx for a very expensive show, that's bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
How can her stories be all serious Afghanistan stuff in one frame and telling us to go and telling us to support refugees and so on. and then the very next frame is about some stupid childish disney backpack.

Doesn't sit right with me.

If you want to draw attention to people's suffering fine but don't then switch to stuff like kiddie bags that in comparison, really doesn't matter.

Sorry, her story posts just really annoy me at times.

Reactions: 9
How can her stories be all serious Afghanistan stuff in one frame and telling us to go and telling us to support refugees and so on. and then the very next frame is about some stupid childish disney backpack.

Doesn't sit right with me.

If you want to draw attention to people's suffering fine but don't then switch to stuff like kiddie bags that in comparison, really doesn't matter.

Sorry, her story posts just really annoy me at times.
Tbf so so so many celebs and influencers do stuff like that. Happened a lot during blm too. One second it's all serious,nextvits here's me half naked or please buy my new product. Its incredibly fake

-Carries voice sounds really good in places and I think that Carrie from 2012-3 would have sung the whole score beautifully.
-The Stepmother sounds and acts like Glenn Close in 101 Dalmatians and Norma Desmond from sunset boulevard.
-Its a hen party show, not suitable for kids at all and there were a few in the audience.
-I love Ivano but he has his weak moments and seems lost actingwise. He sings beautifully and dances stunning, just acting needs to be stronger.
- The "I know you" song goes on for too long and should be a bit shorter. After a minute the audiences realises that they both were hookers before marriage to wealthy men
-The wedding ending was too long. The gap between Cinders getting to the church to find it empty and Sebastian finding her was too long. It didn't need a scene change to a new location.
-The wigs look a bit better from the first section of seats at the front, the photos make them look so bad.
-The plot point were Adele mentions being in love with the village Baker is a rip off from Cinderella 2. That film has anastasia fall in love with the Baker.
-The always topless lads made the show very straight. There's some out there who like topless men, I'm not one.
-Theres a purple dress in a blonde ensemble member and it gives me rapunzel vibes
-The turn of the first section was disappointing and not as exciting as it should have been.
- Alan Yentob and ALW were both there. ALW was mouthing all the words to the songs and script.
-Sebastion and Cinders were stupid and if they just talked to each other this whole situation could have been avoided.
-Cinders is snobby and acts like she's better than everyone and SOOOO SPECIAL, kind of like the madame who plays her. She wasn't a nice character, she was rude, defensive, spiteful. The character did have softer moments but I wouldn't root for her. It took losing everything and having the stepmother pointing this out to realise this.
-Theres so many brief lines of lyric or melody that appear in other ALW shows. I spent a fair bit of time working out were I knew them from.
-The entracte was a weird mash up and was very disjointed. It didn't make sense melodically
-I have 0 songs from it stuck in my head. Not even bad cinderella, that's a bad sign when there's no songs lingering in the audiences head.
-Prince Charmings storyline needed to be mentioned earlier on in a more prominent way.
-Sebastian is a moron, Cinders was meant to be his best friend and he can't recognise her in a blonde wig and silver dress.
-The silver dress is ripped but its only a sleeve and that's by Cinders after Sebastion is kissed by Adele and she storms off in a huff.
-Marie drinking from a pink hip flask the morning of the wedding is such a mood and I secretly stan her character. She also says to Cinders that perhaps they could have been friends if Cinders had been nicer and they could have worked against the step mother together. Marie convinces Cinders to crash the wedding to tell Sebastion the truth. The villians are really pushing the character development along.
-Cinders is an idiot. She didn't even ask which Prince got married and assumed it was Sebastian after hearing the ensemble cheer "the Prince is married". Ask someone there you dumb egg.
-She needs to stop snarling at the end of her "edgier" songs, it's cringey and not rock n roll at all. She's trying too hard

The story is poor and needs work, the ensemble is fantastic, Ivano and Carrie need to work on making their acting strong throughout (Carrie moreso than Ivano), the music is kind of forgettable and boring and the surprises are kind of lame and awesome dated.

The fact that where I sat is selling for £100 is criminal. I wouldn't pay more than £25 for this show. It gives off touring production qualities at times anx for a very expensive show, that's bad.
Thanks for the roundup. Sounds like the character of Cinderella could be absent from the show and the audience wouldn’t really care? Instead it sounds like the ensemble made the show?

Sounds like we need to wait for a different producer to take the show and make something decent out of it. Similar to how the Australian version of Love Never Dies is said to be better than the West End original and revised versions.

Reactions: 6
Not defending I promise but some influencers, including her own brother, don’t label everything so actually you never sodding know whether something is sneaky gifted!

Thank you so much for this!
Not that I had been planning on seeing it but I definitely am not now. Glad to know it is just as meh-ish as Cindermehla promised to be...alas...
@MysteryGuessed the memo never arrived!! :cry:

Can confirm revamped Australian version of Love Never Dies is brilliant (I was sent the DVD of it, hurrah!) and the rejigging works a lot better than the original.
Sounds indeed like Cindermehla needs a similar rejig.

Not a good sign for Cinderella if Carrie has to give away 50 tickets for opening night...

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Not a good sign for Cinderella if Carrie has to give away 50 tickets for opening night...
Thats exactly what I was thinking. 10 maybe for a well run PR competition on the show’s social for gala night to reward fans etc (especially for a show like Heathers that knows it’s heritage as a cult show), but a well run campaign by the show’s social media team this is certainly not. If anything it just proves how she’s been stunt cast because this “competition” (not that it is one really) just comes down to how much of a Carrie fan you are in how quickly you’ve seen only her IG stories, but of course according to Carrie she was never stunt cast not in the slightest 🙄

I remember when I won tickets for the closing night of A Monster Calls at the Old Vic, it was advertised well on their Twitter I believe it was a retweet, like and follow style competition and I was contacted by DM. I know this is different as it’s just claiming tickets if they’re left when you see the story but it just feeds into my weird feeling about the sheer lack of hype the actual Cinderella social media, and even Carrie to an extent, are building about this reopening. I’ve literally only seen them tweet “oh Belviue is opening up again” and that’s it

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.