Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
It’s honestly fucking me off how ALW is acting like Cinderella is the only show to have this happen and has totally thrown his toys out the pram. He could take it on the chin and close for 10 days like Hairspray and Prince of Egypt did, but no he’s honestly deluded enough to believe that everyone is gagging for Cinderella to open and that it’s the sole show to mark the return of west end theatre.

Never mind that Nimax have been running their shows since middle of May and neither Jamie nor Six have had to cancel any performances so far. They’re just getting on with it.

Also as if Carrie cares about all her colleagues who are out of work, the bitch has been sunbathing all weekend. She doesn't worry about income at all unlike the poor crew and FOH team on Cinderella who have been screwed over by ALW forcing them all onto casual contracts.

We aren’t celebrating those people losing their jobs, we’re celebrating the fact that the absolute “not like other girls” shitshow isn’t going to open 😂 I reckon he saw early reviews were bad for it and cancelled it to save face but just conveniently blames that poor cast member who got Covid.

Reactions: 30

Insomiaflamingo

VIP Member
I don’t understand why she’s unhappy with trans being made to feel like a gimmick but that SURPRISE HE IS GAY isnt a gimmick in Cinderella

Reactions: 29

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Maybe the lack of contacts on stage is the explanation for The Face...she can't see shit while performing, thus the constant look of confusion and anger :D

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
I don't find it strange that she would be moved to hug her cat. Posting about it when you know family that follow you have just lost theirs does seem tactless and insensitive though. If family or friends had lost anyone close, I'd never make it about me and say 'oh it's so sad I had to hug..... extra tighter last night' to them. Do it in private sure, but not make a difficult time worse or encroach on their grief

majestic26

VIP Member
With respect, people who are upset about being labelled 'Disney adults' - you realise we are on a gossip site, yes? You've come here to cast judgement on someone else's life choices, but get upset when someone inadvertently casts judgement on your lifestyle choices?

Disclaimer: I love Disney. I have a Beauty and the Beast mug. I sang Disney lullabies to my kid every night for months when he was a baby. I auditioned to be a performer at Disneyland Paris when I was younger! But I accept that some people find it weird for adults to be SO into something that is essentially designed for kids. Shrug it off, it's not that deep.

Cd1313

There's something deeply weird about fully grown adults in their late 20s who are obsessed with Disney...of all the places you could go...
I have to regularly take breaks from this board because Carrie's antics make me so angry sometimes. Going to take a break now, because while I'm not obsessed with Disney, I have loved it my whole life (I'm way past my 20s btw) and I now feel like a weirdo for liking it at all. Just because you don't feel the same or understand what it might mean to me and my family, doesn't mean it's right to just lump everyone together and shame them for liking it. If it isn't affecting you, why make people feel like sh*t about it? I hate the Fletchers begging for trips they can and should pay for themselves, but man, we aren't all a-holes.

• Heart

FullTimeLoser

Tom and Gi's cat died tonight and Carrie posted a story of Edgar, saying "Snuggling this one a little tighter tonight.". Am I the only one who finds this tone-deaf? Tom and Gi are grieving and if I was them, seeing this would be such a slap in the face.

• Angry
Reactions: 28

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
“The 73-year-old producer, whose show was to signal the reopening of the West End, said there has only been one positive case among the entire cast and crew. But under the Government’s isolation guidance, dubbed the pingdemic, he said he cannot continue the run.”

why do they think Cinderella is a show to mark that west end is open? Shows have been open already and are still open and would close for the 10 days.

also to reply about Carrie’s RT. Your boss decided to do a hissy fit and close the show for who knows how long, no one is gloating about it to the cast and crew, except maybe Carrie who took the news as a chance to take more sun bathing selfies when her coworkers lost their jobs/income for who knows who long just because ALW is being stupid.

aurora01

You don't have to like Carrie/Christina/Olivia/The Head from Art Attack/The Creature from the Black Lagoon/Literally anyone ever but photoshopping and making up lies is such a ridiculous extreme. Gossip is all well and good and it's fine to dislike someone, god only knows how many people I can't stand but it's a whole level of pathetic just to make up stuff and go to all that effort just because you don't like them.

kev1974

VIP Member
Have I missed something, how did she perform in front of a full capacity audience if it doesn't reopen until 18th?
It was what they call an "Open Dress Rehearsal" where they let friends, family, workers on the show etc all go for free to fill the house and give them an audience to play to, as actors perform better when they've got an audience reacting to them; and the fuller the audience the better it will have been. Quite a normal and important part of putting a show on in normal pre-covid times, in fact there are (well there were!) secretive lists you can get on to find out about open dresses as some were a bit freeer and easier about who they let in. Quite often they were held in the afternoons, often to give new casts or covers a chance to play to a proper sized audience, and as a person attending on a freebie you wouldn't get more than a day or two's notice.

However it's something that isn't generally spoken about, same as seat filling throughout the run, out of respect for the people that HAVE paid full or near-full price for their tickets, they would rightly be pissed off about all the people seeing the show for free when they had shelled out good money.

In the case of Cindermehla when this was a night that they had originally sold tickets for, and which some people will have built trips to London around with hotels and trains that they've still got to pay for, I think it's extra important to keep things on the quiet side out ... I did think it was absolutely tactless and bordering on contempt for the ticket-buyers that CHF made it clear that there was a full house in, especially for ones that had originally paid for that night when it was on sale. By all means talk about having a dress rehearsal, but leave people to imagine it was just in front of a handful of people directly involved in the show. She should not have gushed about it being a full house audience. I can absolutely see why that would piss a lot of the general public off. They would rightly think "well I was a paying customer, I should be first in line over other people shouldn't I?". She is just so tactless and yet again fails to see things through the eyes of normal people that pay to see her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27

thisiscat

Chatty Member
Just seen on Instagram that YouTuber Amy Lovatt has seen the show but has admitted that she won’t review it because she didn’t like it! Ha!

• Haha

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
Carrie going to a theme park full with people and not wearing a face mask on crowded spaces after the show she is a lead closed by ONE case of covid is insane for me.
Vaccinated people can get sick too. I have heard of 2 friends just this past weeks who tested positive after being fully vaccinated.

salatblader

VIP Member
If you read here Carrie pet, I had Laser eye surgery two years ago and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent. I’m sure you afford it, its worth every penny.
Relax, not everyone hates wearing glasses or wants to go through surgery/spend the money for that. She wears them a lot and they're not your style, so what? There's no need to be like "Dahlin', your glasses are so shite that you should do surgery". That being said, as Kitt said above me, she didn't need them much at first, but she had to go and turn wearing glasses into her entire personality, which is ridiculous. I don't care much about fashion trends etc., so her shoes apparently being 10 years out of date doesn't bother me at all - shoes are shoes, clothes are clothes, let her wear whatever.

Last edited: