Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone know if Oli publicly posted the pic she makes reference to in this? Or did he send her something privately and then she had to make it all about her?
Maybe I'm just not a picture person but it seems so strange to me that it would be unusual for her to only take one picture on a given day. I'm hoping she means on a day with a big event or meaning and not just any day.

Reactions: 3
Aren't the self isolation rules changing this week so there's less chance of the whole cast having to isolate for days if someone tests positive? So, it should be easier to continue?
Yes, from today (16th), close contacts of a confirmed covid case no longer need to self-isolate, provided they've had both vaccines (more than 14 days previously), and they're advised to go and get themselves a PCR test asap instead.

So based on that I would guess that ALW (and other shows) will have strongly recommended to their casts and crews that they all get double jabbed, but if there are a few cast/crew members still holding out and staying unvaccinated then that's what they've been rehearsing all the covers for.

Reactions: 2
Maybe I'm just not a picture person but it seems so strange to me that it would be unusual for her to only take one picture on a given day. I'm hoping she means on a day with a big event or meaning and not just any day.
Didn’t she also posted pictures of herself getting ready for the show on her stories?
I remember it because someone pointed the terrible wig here

Reactions: 2
Have I missed something, how did she perform in front of a full capacity audience if it doesn't reopen until 18th?

They have had some dress rehearsals with a full audience of family and friends. I saw this on Twitter…
What a mess, they are pissing off any fans of the show they have left, I wouldn’t want to go back if I was that ticket-holder, the humiliation is too much. I also feel for the FOH who have to deal with the incompetence of the company.

Reactions: 18
Regardless of the quality of the show or even Carrie herself, the show is being spectacularly badly managed. Alw can go on all he wants but most of the poor management has nothing to do with the pandemic or the government. Also plenty of other shows are going along just fine, or at least handling the problems when they occur

Reactions: 25
Have I missed something, how did she perform in front of a full capacity audience if it doesn't reopen until 18th?
It was what they call an "Open Dress Rehearsal" where they let friends, family, workers on the show etc all go for free to fill the house and give them an audience to play to, as actors perform better when they've got an audience reacting to them; and the fuller the audience the better it will have been. Quite a normal and important part of putting a show on in normal pre-covid times, in fact there are (well there were!) secretive lists you can get on to find out about open dresses as some were a bit freeer and easier about who they let in. Quite often they were held in the afternoons, often to give new casts or covers a chance to play to a proper sized audience, and as a person attending on a freebie you wouldn't get more than a day or two's notice.

However it's something that isn't generally spoken about, same as seat filling throughout the run, out of respect for the people that HAVE paid full or near-full price for their tickets, they would rightly be pissed off about all the people seeing the show for free when they had shelled out good money.

In the case of Cindermehla when this was a night that they had originally sold tickets for, and which some people will have built trips to London around with hotels and trains that they've still got to pay for, I think it's extra important to keep things on the quiet side out ... I did think it was absolutely tactless and bordering on contempt for the ticket-buyers that CHF made it clear that there was a full house in, especially for ones that had originally paid for that night when it was on sale. By all means talk about having a dress rehearsal, but leave people to imagine it was just in front of a handful of people directly involved in the show. She should not have gushed about it being a full house audience. I can absolutely see why that would piss a lot of the general public off. They would rightly think "well I was a paying customer, I should be first in line over other people shouldn't I?". She is just so tactless and yet again fails to see things through the eyes of normal people that pay to see her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
It was what they call an "Open Dress Rehearsal" where they let friends, family, workers on the show etc all go for free to fill the house and give them an audience to play to, as actors perform better when they've got an audience reacting to them; and the fuller the audience the better it will have been. Quite a normal and important part of putting a show on in normal pre-covid times, in fact there are (well there were!) secretive lists you can get on to find out about open dresses as some were a bit freeer and easier about who they let in. Quite often they were held in the afternoons, often to give new casts or covers a chance to play to a proper sized audience, and as a person attending on a freebie you wouldn't get more than a day or two's notice.

However it's something that isn't generally spoken about, same as seat filling throughout the run, out of respect for the people that HAVE paid full or near-full price for their tickets, they would rightly be pissed off about all the people seeing the show for free when they had shelled out good money.

In the case of Cindermehla when this was a night that they had originally sold tickets for, and which some people will have built trips to London around with hotels and trains that they've still got to pay for, I think it's extra important to keep things on the quiet side out ... I did think it was absolutely tactless and bordering on contempt for the ticket-buyers that CHF made it clear that there was a full house in, especially for ones that had originally paid for that night when it was on sale. By all means talk about having a dress rehearsal, but leave people to imagine it was just in front of a handful of people directly involved in the show. She should not have gushed about it being a full house audience. I can absolutely see why that would piss a lot of the general public off. They would rightly think "well I was a paying customer, I should be first in line over other people shouldn't I?". She is just so tactless and yet again fails to see things through the eyes of normal people that pay to see her.
Looks like it backfired on her by speaking about it. Its not a good look when you've already pissed off audience members. She just doesn't think before posting a lot of the time, I think its a reflection on how sheltered she has been, she doesn't consider others or how things look to those outside her bubble.

Reactions: 13
Saw this on Twitter today and I am so curious about what happened! Someone in the comments speculated that it could’ve been someone with Tourette’s, but as I know nothing about Tourette’s, I can’t really comment on that. It’s a sad situation for the cast though, whatever the cause!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Saw this on Twitter today and I am so curious about what happened! Someone in the comments speculated that it could’ve been someone with Tourette’s, but as I know nothing about Tourette’s, I can’t really comment on that. It’s a sad situation for the cast though, whatever the cause!
don’t know what’s going on with the guy but ‘an audience full of children’? Based on everything I’ve heard about this show it doesn’t sound super child appropriate anyway, right?

Reactions: 14
Just thought I'd leave this link here.

In one of Alex Day's new videos, Alex states that if he could give advice to his younger self it would be to not date Carrie but that his younger self wouldn't have listened.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12

In one of Alex Day's new videos, Alex states that if he could give advice to his younger self it would be to not date Carrie but that his younger self wouldn't have listened.
I wouldn't recommend people to watch a video by Alex Day. Don't give that manipulative mysoginist PR/views.

Reactions: 42
Maybe it was Scott Paige!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Yes because Carrie was the main problem in your relationship, Alex. As much of an entitled head I find her to be, I wouldn’t give him the steam off my piss.

Reactions: 25
Yes because Carrie was the main problem in your relationship, Alex. As much of an entitled head I find her to be, I wouldn’t give him the steam off my piss.
Says a lot about him that the advice is "don't date Carrie" and not "learn about consent and don't be a predator".

Reactions: 39
Says a lot about him that the advice is "don't date Carrie" and not "learn about consent and don't be a predator".
Right? It's like he's going "I shouldn't have dated that woman who rightly dumped me after learning that I had ignored consent and coerced and manipulated multiple women into having sex with me against their will". Not once was he humble about it even then, he just got the Green brothers to help him craft a phony "explanation", but not once did that include an apology to his victims - and then got mad that his YouTube career and book plans rightfully were over and he has refused to learn anything since or take on responsibility for the fact that he put those people through tit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I wonder how many selfies Carrie has on her phone at this point. It's gotta be in the thousands.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.