Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

on-toast91

Screengrabs from carries story on Instagram
Regardless of our opinions on Carrie, no one should have to go through this. This is some of the most egregious harassment that I’ve seen in a while. I’m sorry that she didn’t get to see justice in regards to her own case, but I’m glad the perpetrator has been given jail time. No one should have to feel scared for their own safety, particularly women in today’s climate.

Reactions: 56

thisiscat

Chatty Member
Having just finished reading the whole article I can’t believe they didn’t open up Carrie’s case again- it’s completely obvious it was the same person based on what he did to all of them. He targeted Carrie and her family, Scott and his family, Cameron Blakely and his family (including his exwife who is a teacher) even Rob Houchen! The accusations of pedophilia and child abuse are truly disgusting! It sounds like he became obsessed with everyone during The Addams Family. The guys lawyer using his autism as an excuse is just as bad! Being autistic does not make you do things like this! The fact that his mother chased Cameron through a car park out of the stage door to ask why he hadn’t stopped to meet her son tells you all you need to know! It sounds like she was enabling her son through his obsessions. I feel so sorry for Carrie, I feel so sorry for all of them! 12 months doesn’t seem long enough to me!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

RightYouLot

Don't really understand why she showed the full poster tbh, lots of young girls follow her and that could be upsetting for some. To me, that's just giving the guy exactly the platform that he wanted, sufficient to say that he sent explicit material without actually showing it!
I feel like the reason she showed it is ill bet loads of people would have been asking exactly what it said, what images it had, searching for it, asking in the comments if anyone had a copy etc. This way it can be put to rest completely. She did put a warning before showing the image.

Reactions: 41

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
“ I haven’t been skiiing since I was 14” she says. With Disney holidays every year, and a brother in an expensive theater school and her meetings in America re: making a musical.

So working class our Carrie.

Reactions: 37

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
"cut down on unneccessary shit" what you mean like...going on a non-essential holiday to lapland with your boyfriend at christmas, while half of the west end has shut down because of covid and people are agonising over wether to see family at christmas.

Reactions: 34

dull-board1243

VIP Member
Breakup novel incoming 😭
I can see it now: "The Way We Were", coming in 2023. Sunny Shine has just broken up with her boyfriend of three years, Patrick. She thought he was perfect. The best relationship she ever had. Now, when she has the chance to go back to the past and redo those three years over what will she do? Fix her mistakes? Or get back together with her ex boyfriend Marty?

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Ellie_Rose

I can’t believe she’s posted a bootleg of Les Mis (featuring herself 🙄) after all the complaining she’s done in the past about people recording the shows. ‘We can see the light from the stage, it’s very distracting’ etc. What a hypocrite.

Reactions: 33

Rosielee

Makes me think the Carrie and Ollie went on there winter break to coincide with the court date. Especially if Carrie finds it upsetting, Ollie being a good boyfriend might have wanted to distract her.

Reactions: 32

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
I feel like the reason she showed it is ill bet loads of people would have been asking exactly what it said, what images it had, searching for it, asking in the comments if anyone had a copy etc. This way it can be put to rest completely. She did put a warning before showing the image.
I think also - it's owning what happened. She doesn't need to worry about it getting out, because she's already put it out there.

kev1974

VIP Member
Something definitely went down yesterday - lots of comments of 'worst day ever' from the cast, Will Bozier responded to west end producer on Twitter saying last night's delay was NOT covid related then this from another cast member today... 🤔
Yet more "look at me, woe is me, I'll tease you with something that happened but I'm not brave enough to properly spill it" over-dramatic nonsense from this cast.

So you had some challenges at work and needed to hit the bottle afterwards, we all have those days at some point in our dull and dreary ordinary job lives, no need to make a song and dance about it and whinge to the world.

I mean if you listen to truly great actors of the decades speaking about their craft you get a real sense that they absolutely love performing and are itching to get on stage every minute of the day, come what may. But not this cast. Perhaps they need to consider whether this particular company, or acting in general, is truly their vocation.

• Heart

flounceandbounce

I saw ALW yesterday (happened to be in one of his theatres) and he was wandering around without a mask on (they ironically have masks beside the entrances) and having a right complain about restrictions because “no one is dying”. I have no sympathy for the man.

• Angry
  • Wow

Kitt

VIP Member
The latest post she’s shared is an odd one considering her job

‘Cut down on unnecessary shit’
Yeah she works in a theatre and just took a holiday. Both lovely things but both come under the category of ‘unnecessary shit.’

Reactions: 31

aurora01

12 months is a ridiculous sentence for something like that and his lawyer blaming it on his autism seems so ridiculously offensive to autistic people.

Reactions: 31

tehpretty

Id have to disagree slightly, I think it’s definitely only those she *thinks* she can get a role in, early in her channel / when those shows started she was going on and on about wanting to play Elphaba (in her “where do you see yourself in five years answer” and Anya, hence her putting Journey to the Past on her album. Her album is a dead giveaway, yes people normally out one or two songs from roles they want to play one day especially if they’re starting out, but her entire album nearly is roles she wants to play or mentioned before she wants to (Elsa, Audrey, Anya etc) but the weirdest one was Waitress, when Addams started and also conviently when she was writing a book about a woman who puts her feelings into baking 👀 her and Scott were “obsessed” with Waitress, then she went through that weird phase of saying she was too young to play Jenna, but then when her an Oliver were public / started doing more sit down videos together she went hard on him and her playing the Dr and Jenna (which also ended up on her album) together along with Elphaba and Feyero

and how she momentarily became "obsessed" with russian history when there were rumours of anastasia coming to the west end... and then promptly dropped that obsession once she realized it was a nonstarter.

there is a famous stanislavski quote - "love the art in yourself, not yourself in the art." this exemplifies carrie's attitude to the hilt. she doesn't love the art, she loves when she is at the centre of it.

Reactions: 30