Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Buttercup1234

Any “award” that the general public can vote on without providing proof they’ve seen a show they’re voting for isn’t an “award” at all - it’s a competition.

Reactions: 24

on-toast91

She went to private school right? From her views it’s obvious she was at the bottom of the social food chain so I wonder what she thought of the state school actually working class lot. She only identifies with the working class because she was at the bottom end of the class scale at her private school. She was still solidly middle class, the same way more better off families are at state schools. I hate to know how she see actually working class people and not her rose tinted view.
In my opinion, if you attend a private school (students with scholarships excluded) then you are automatically middle class. Working class families can’t afford 15k a year to send their kids to a private school. Being middle class doesn’t make you a bad person, be grateful for the privileges you have in life and try and be a good activist for those less fortunate.

Reactions: 23

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I saw on Ivano's stories when he had 3-4 days holiday he literally posted being at a show every single night. You can tell he really loves theatre. The difference between him and Carrie really stood out to me.
she’s definitely an oddity in that sense - i follow a lot of west end people on insta and they seem to constantly be at other shows, going to friends’ shows etc. carrie doesn’t really seem to enjoy theatre unless she’s in it!

Buttercup1234

I just don't get the appeal

Oliver's face reminds me of the "handsome squidward" meme, where he has all the features that make someone handsome but looks ugly. His voice is so nasally that I don't enjoy listening to him sing either. Unlike Carrie though, he doesn't seem completely self obsessed and comes across as a nice guy

Carrie is so self obsessed that she's immediately unlikeable. She screams when she sings and thinks louder is better. She can't act, and I don't think she's pretty either. Does anyone else think she looks nothing like the rest of the fletcher family? Eg she has more of a pig snout, whereas Tom has a really sharp nose. Everything from their looks to their work ethic is so different to each other
Carrie and Tom are both apples that didn’t fall far from the Debbie-tree.
Tom isn’t a good singer. He can write a great tune, no denying that; but he fell into where he was after being rejected from Busted. That style of music was emerging and there was a gap in the market that McFly were manufactured for and fell into. Busted were huge, and McFly got their start by riding their coattails (sound familiar?).

Tom is a huge narc. There was a time where people were asking about the long promised, long delayed McFly album and he snapped and said to ask the others because be wouldn’t talk about it anymore. He doesn’t take criticism well (see the Strictly thread), stole money from taxpayers in the form of furlough money he definitely didn’t need, and generally struts around like he’s God’s Gift.

I wouldn’t say at all that Carrie and Tom are different to each other.

Redfloss

VIP Member
I think they're using covid as an excuse tbh. Things have been going downhill for the show and tensions seem high. I wonder if it will even return in February

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Sorry for the double post but I saw this on theatreboard:

" It’s incredible to think that whereas almost every other show thread has discussions on the show itself, almost every page in the Cinderella thread has just been ongoing drama. Pages have either been filled with the behaviour of ALW, CHF, cast and management or the gaping plot holes and/or poor reception. I wonder if the management read the threads? I mean, if all we’re talking about is the backstage gossip something is going very very wrong"

not just us then!

• Wow

Lolly505

VIP Member
Queen Elizabeth isn’t even that interesting 😂 92 stories?! Christ.
There's only 52 weeks in a year! 🙈
I'll admit some are multiple stories about the same 'highlight' but equally, why do you need all of them? Not to mention including the footage of some guy smashing stuff and her "crying in the garden" about Cinderella shutting. Like why is this what you want to remember your 2021 by?

Next year, just keep a journal, Carrie 😂

• Haha

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
i cannot stand how his lawyers used autism as a defence, i am autstic and i'd never begin to think of doing anything remotley like this - it seems like his mum was enabling him (chasing cameron at stage door) it seems like it was the only kind of defence they'd have to get down the sentence.
12 months is a ridiculous sentence, it should be much much longer especially with how many people have been effected - cameron's ex wife could have lost her job so easily over this.

Redfloss

VIP Member
Next thread title suggestion: Carrie Woke Fletcher

As usual she has to get her 2 cents in and speak about matters that have nothing to do with her and her privileged lifestyle

flounceandbounce

If they've actually broken up, it does suck for them both. But honestly, they haven't seemed loved up in ages. If ever... #JusticeForSummerStrallen

• Haha
Reactions: 22

figgypud

Chatty Member
Sorry but it's got absolutely nothing to do with being thirty, thirty is still very young and it's embarrassing that she's blaming her age and going on about a pulled muscle this much.

Kitt

VIP Member
I mean she’s done some big things this year … new show, marathon, Lapland. Why she included the paint by numbers alongside that is beyond me.

• Haha

kazizzle

VIP Member
She has just fallen in to that career and doesn't actually have a passion for it. Otherwise she would also be trying to upskill herself and learn new things because that's what you do when you love something.

I love musical theatre. I love watching it. I love performing. I love going to dance classes. I love going to sing-throughs of popular shows that I'll never get the chance to perform. I love reading the books of shows and listening to the soundtracks. I would give ANYTHING to be able to do it professionally but if my one week on a big stage a year in my club's annual musical is all I can get then I'll take it and I PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE because it's my passion. It really irks me when people have just lucked out and take their position for granted and CHF is a number one culprit.

tinpony

Let's just be thankful that Matilda the Musical came to the West End after Carrie was too old to play Matilda

• Haha
  • Heart