Carrie Hope Fletcher #14 Hetroflexible with her schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to queequeg19 for the new thread title winning with 46 likes!
Carrying on from previous thread

Please contribute a summary of the previous thread.

Reactions: 2
RECAP
-She liked a bunch of tweets against ALW and then happily went to promote the show with him on a show.
-She is back liking F1 apparently
-She got gifted a nespresso advent calendar
-She finally did her 100 show on Cinderella (Ivanno hit that mark weeks before her)
-She went for dinner with a friend but didn’t took pictures because living the moment but she made an IG story to let us know she has friends.

Reactions: 17
RECAP
-She got gifted a nespresso advent calendar
She hasn't had many other freebies lately though, there's been no bragposts of free donuts or chocolates for quite a while - have they all dried up?

Also for the recap , rumours of a transfer to Broadway bubble up every so often - ALW seems determined to take it there, but finding a suitable venue, ideally one with the rotating auditorium, might be a stumbling block - but we're waiting with bated breath to see who will be his leading lady over there.

---

On another note, I went to see the incredible Thursford Christmas Spectacular at the weekend, which is a song and dance extravaganza that takes place during Nov and Dec in a very large shed in the depths of Norfolk (admittedly a very fancy shed as for the rest of the year it is home to a pipe organ, traction engine, and fairground ride museum). 130 singers, dancers, musicians and other performers, all doing two three-hour shows a day, and I'd rate all of them as more talented than our Care Bear, they were stunning. Honestly it was every bit as good and as professional as the annual Rockettes show in Radio City New York.

But what I really liked was that at the end the host/compere Kev Orkian (he's been on Britain's Got Talent a while ago) did a little speech about how they have all been denied their oxygen of performing for us for the last 18 months due to covid, and thanking us the audience for coming to see them and giving them back their oxygen. Scripted and part of all 80 or so shows I'm sure, but all the same it was quite moving actually, after such a marvellous show. But I just thought how so many of the West End performers that have gone on the sulk after ALW's words could show just a little of the same humility and thanks towards the audience that give them their oxygen and allow them to have the job they do!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I see the advent calendar is an #ad as well as #gifted. I wonder how much money she gets paid for the daily stories which are so dull. If anything is going to put me off buying something it’s Carrie promoting it.

Reactions: 14
Going back to what we were discussing in the previous thread about the roles she could play, I think she already tried being Sophie in Mamma Mia, iirc. I think someone mentioned in back in GG years ago.

I’m sure she has said that she auditioned for Sophie in MM, and that it was her first adult audition and she didn’t get it, but she got Eponine shortly after.
She is so incredibly lucky that she didn’t have to put in the rounds and rounds of rejections that most MT performers do. I don’t doubt she has been rejected since but what a flying start. She IS a very talented singer but so many others are equally.
I think Beth in WOTW is one she could go back to again and again for years. And the show isn’t too demanding on the ability to act. Very hammy!

Reactions: 7
With the Mamma Mia audition, I’m pretty sure the first round is dance which we all know Carrie doesn’t have the skill and was out straight away.

If it’s still going in 15+ years, I can see her trying to get Morrible in Wicked. Doesn’t dance however I don’t think she even sings apart from the very start of The Wizard and I and a bit of Thank Goodness. Carrie may think the role is too small for someone of her star quality though…

Reactions: 6
I’m sure she has said that she auditioned for Sophie in MM, and that it was her first adult audition and she didn’t get it, but she got Eponine shortly after.
She is so incredibly lucky that she didn’t have to put in the rounds and rounds of rejections that most MT performers do. I don’t doubt she has been rejected since but what a flying start. She IS a very talented singer but so many others are equally.
I think Beth in WOTW is one she could go back to again and again for years. And the show isn’t too demanding on the ability to act. Very hammy!
She's been repeating her roles forever. She doesn't have much range and therefore repeats shows she knows she can pull off. Wouldn't you want to branch out and better your acting skills? Doing the same three shows doesn't make you a good actress. She's already limited with her lack of dance skills so that outs a handful of rolls.

Reactions: 6
She won't learn and grow otherwise she would've done that when she hit the repeat castings the first time

Reactions: 5
Give it a few years and when Chicago returns she'll be Mama! Chicago is the original stunt caster, I mean they even went with Gabt Roslin who was hands down, the worst performer in West End history!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Re Six in the previous thread, Seymour's too vocally demanding. You listen to the principals and they're doing vocal gymnastics for over 4 mins in Heart of Stone alone. She'd ruin her voice in a week.

Also, can you see Carrie willingly sharing the stage with five other women? Seriously?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
But surely it won’t feature carrie because she insists she isn’t the face of Cinderella….!
Sorry to disappoint you but the blurb and tags and picture on the scheduled placeholder all show her name

It will be playable this time tomorrow

Must admit, I thought it already had an official music video, this one:

Reactions: 2
Near the end of the previous thread someone asked about Oliver x Carrie and whether they'll last (I'm paraphrasing). I do wonder about that. I used to think they'd get married in the next few years but I've changed my mind because their careers are diverging. Oliver got cast in Frozen and will probably go on to be another principal in another West End show after his Hans contract finishes. He was doing pantos and singing on cruise ships a few years ago so good for him for advancing in his career. Alas I sort of think Cinders is as high as Carrie will fly. I don't think she wants to go on anymore tours and she can't do ensemble work b/c she can't dance so she's going to try to get another West End principal role and I don't see her really getting much. I assume she'll return to Les Mis on occasion/ for concerts but how will doing Fantine for the fourth time or whatever feel in comparison to Oliver bouncing from good role to good role? I think she's going to start resenting him and they'll break up within a year of her leaving Cinderella.

Reactions: 25
Near the end of the previous thread someone asked about Oliver x Carrie and whether they'll last (I'm paraphrasing). I do wonder about that. I used to think they'd get married in the next few years but I've changed my mind because their careers are diverging. Oliver got cast in Frozen and will probably go on to be another principal in another West End show after his Hans contract finishes. He was doing pantos and singing on cruise ships a few years ago so good for him for advancing in his career. Alas I sort of think Cinders is as high as Carrie will fly. I don't think she wants to go on anymore tours and she can't do ensemble work b/c she can't dance so she's going to try to get another West End principal role and I don't see her really getting much. I assume she'll return to Les Mis on occasion/ for concerts but how will doing Fantine for the fourth time or whatever feel in comparison to Oliver bouncing from good role to good role? I think she's going to start resenting him and they'll break up within a year of her leaving Cinderella.
It's like the Last Five Years. Another show where she can't play the lead.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.