Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

101d

VIP Member
Going to the Winchester, having a nice cold pint and waiting for this all to blow over.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Chronically_knackered

This is honestly terrifying. A Tory majority like the one predicted leaves me and my family in poverty and relying on food banks even though we both work.

Because they are the ONLY party willing to uphold the 17.4million voters to leave.
And Corbyn is a dangerous man, who makes my skin crawl.
Thats why I voted Boris.
There is more to this country than just brexit.
I couldn’t care less about the EU. I care about having enough nurses in hospitals, having wages that reflect inflation, having enough police on the streets to fight crime and having children going to school with full stomachs ready to learn from teachers who aren’t pressured to hit unfair and unrealistic targets.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Glitterxox

Because they are the ONLY party willing to uphold the 17.4million voters to leave.
And Corbyn is a dangerous man, who makes my skin crawl.
Thats why I voted Boris.
Have to disagree with you on that one. How is he a dangerous man? It has been very obvious that the general media (*cough BBC included*cough) are biased towards thr right-wing. I think it's scary that Corbyn has been portrayed as a dangerous individual yet people can't give a valid reason why.
What's scary is a group of very wealthy people making the rich richer and the poor poorer. There is a video of the PM stumbling over being asked how much a loaf of bread is.
People have become so greedy. Why don't we look out for others anymore? Why are we so scared of sharing wealth? I am closer to needing a foodbank than ever becoming a millionaire- I will never vote Tory.

And don't get me started on Brexit. The referendum should never have happened like it did. A deal should have been agreed first and then put forward to the public to vote either yes or no. People are angry because it's an absolute sham. We weren't asked if we wanted a hard or soft brexit for example? At least Corbyn said he would go and get an offer and let the public decide based on that. Seems pretty fair to me?! Rather than crashing into chaos "getting brexit done" as predicted by numerous financial and business experts?!

Just some food for thought

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Chronically_knackered

I've not come across a labour supporter who hasn't been nasty yet and now they are saying we need a second general election.
Hi, let me introduce you to a non-nasty labour supporter.
I am a working parent with 5 children. My husband also works. In the last 9 years of Tory austerity it has forced us both into working 2 jobs each as the ones we had no longer pay enough to feed our family.
I fell 8ft out of my loft last year and despite the fact I couldn’t move an ambulance wasn’t sent for me as they were too busy.
I suffer with mental health problems but cuts to the nhs have meant that getting treatment is a constant fight.
One of my children has learning difficulties and has to travel an hour each way to school every day as cuts in education meant there weren’t enough spaces for him to go to school locally.
I live in a wealthy part of the country and I am a homeowner.
I am not nasty about Tory voters. Essentially brexit won this election. But I voted for the party that I thought would give myself and my family a fighting chance.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I’m a teacher, of children with special needs, in an area of high deprivation, and my heart is broken. For them. Schools are already stretched more than anyone working outside education could even begin to imagine. It is a fight to get these children seen by nhs services to help them, and waiting lists are long. Their teachers are overworked, stressed and under crushing pressure. A Tory mp said that people with learning disabilities should earn less money, these incredible, inspiring children should be given the same opportunities as any other child. Children are stealing food from school because they don’t have enough at home.

And the uk has voted for more of this?!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
I feel sick watching these votes come in. I’m from a mining family in the north east, I can’t believe Blyth voted for a Tory government. They must all have short memories and must be forgetting when Thatcher shut down the mines and tore the communities there apart. Too many people have voted based solely on their views on brexit, when there are more important issues happening in our country right now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

kadykal95

Chatty Member
I just can't believe anybody would actually vote for Boris Johnson for Prime Minister of our country. I voted for David Cameron, I will never vote for Boris.

The right wing media is actually brain washing people against Labour. It's terrifying that people are buying that Jeremy Corbyn is some kind of 'dangerous' 'untrustworthy' man to run the country. He has devoted his whole life to bringing equality and peace to our world. Whats so wrong with making the top 5% pay more tax so more people have a better quality of life? I don't want to bring children into this world where Boris Johnson and Donald Trump are our world leaders.

I don't make a lot of money, between my husband and i we have enough to pay our mortgage, bills and have a little money left over each month. I have enough to get buy, but what if i lost my job? Got sick? I'd like to know i wouldnt have to worry about money during that time. That i'd be looked after. There is so much poverty in our country, and we are all HUMAN BEINGS at the end of the day, we have one life and i truly believe we should look after each other. Some of the biggest corporations don't pay tax in the UK. This is wrong.

I actually like Jeremy Corbyn's stance on brexit, we know his personal view is to stay but he is remaining neutral as he wants to represent the whole country and not just half of it. He doesn't have a personal agenda, like Boris.

I fear for the result on Thursday, I really do.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Twinkle485

I can’t wait for the council estate massive to start crying when they get their visas declined for their two week all inclusive sun holiday to Benidorm 🙄 might even have to reinstate Facebook to read it all.

• Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Higher rate tax payer household here and I cannot think of any reason why we would vote Conservative on Thursday, regardless of what it would do for us personally.

To quote Irvine Welsh ‘when you’re not doing so well, vote for a better life for yourself. If you are doing quite nicely, vote for a better life for others’

This is a general election, all the red herrings thrown in, brexit, immigration matter not a jot. America has completely closed down anyone coming into the country legally, people are still coming into the country in there thousands, a wall does not stop them.

If anyone can look at the last 9 years and think it’s gone well, they have issues beyond the GE.

Amy158

It’s so frustrating how people are out there telling working class people who have voted Tory that they are ignorant and ill informed because they have voted for a party who is against them. Well I feel really welcomed by you don’t I! I may be working class and come from a single parent family but I work my butt off working for the NHS, I have just graduated with a law degree and haven’t been on holiday in years, but I’m supposed to take political advice from influencers and celebrities who spend half the year in another country. I have a brain to make my own decisions and quite frankly labours solution off throwing money at everything didn’t appeal to me when I see on a daily basis how money is wasted in the NHS. I respect people who voted labour and I can see why it is worrying, I really can, but the whole culture of dragging people down because of who they voted is really tiresome. The whole point of a democracy is that we all have an opinion and just because people don’t agree with yours doesn’t mean anyone has a right to drag others down (on both sides of the vote).

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I feel sick. Why would anyone vote torys after the shit weve dealt with for the past 9 years?

Reactions: 20

Pinkii

VIP Member
I voted Labour and always have, with previous elections, I didn’t care as much with tory wins ( prob ignorant of me) however with tories winning with a majority this time, based on their current leader who hates/disrespects, females, hates muslims, is Racist AF and lets not forget how he has treated the poor before I am just astounded yet people thought JC was the bad guy in all this!!!

its just felt like a massive fuck you to people like me who is an immigrant female muslim raised by a single mum!

How can any person esp females, justify voting for a party with this as their leader?

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Jerseymiss

Chatty Member
It's a sad day.

shame people couldnt look past brexit. And see the mess the Tory cuts have caused.

the rich will get richer.

and more children will be in poverty next xmas.

Any country that has people relying on foodbanks is failing. Fact

Reactions: 19

memoii11

VIP Member
We are a top 5% household, and will both be voting for labour. "When you're not doing so well, vote for a better life for yourself. If you are doing quite nicely, vote for a better life for others."

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Calabria

VIP Member
Fireworks and cheering outside my window.

Nothing to celebrate in my eyes. Unless of course that promised £350 million a week actually materialises and is pumped into the NHS. I won’t be holding my breath.

Reactions: 18

midnightrose

VIP Member
I honestly despair for anyone who is voting for Boris on Thursday. I fear for the result, and I’d consider emigrating if the Tories remain in power, that’s how strongly I feel about this whole shit show that Britain has found itself in. The politics in this country is a complete and utter shambles. We need complete reformation.

I can’t believe people are accusing JC of being untrustworthy, but would vote for BJ - and off the back that “he’s the best of a bad bunch.” Personally, I think that’s a dangerous way to vote indeed.

There’s been a terrible amount of brain-washing and sadly, the “sheeples” will let everyone down.

I know I’ll get a lot of flack for this, but I don’t really care, and it’s genuinely how I feel sadly.

None of the parties are perfect, but I think continuing with a Tory government would be utterly devastating.

sarcastic eyeballs

So many small minded, judgemental conservatives in here. What happened to “we just don’t want to be called names”
God forbid any of you are EVER put in a position where you find yourself or family members in a state of poor health, including poor mental health. Baring in mind this is likely the case for people living in poverty- working for a pittance, or claiming benefits, because they have no other options!!!
Where is your compassion for the less fortunate?

judsmum

Chatty Member
Some of the comments on here from both sides of the camp are exactly why I keep my political opinions to myself. None of you know anything about each other’s personal lives or circumstances yet here you are ripping strips off each other. Just because you can’t ‘understand’ why someone would vote for Jeremy or Boris doesn’t make their reasons any less important than yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
And can I just say to everyone on here, this is genuinely the first space where I've felt safe. I've been verbally abused on other platforms and called all sorts of names because I've shared a reason why I voted along with personal experience why I voted etc.

I even saw a post from a Labour voter that wished cancer on a poster and their family because then they wouldn't be able to work, then they wouldn't be able to afford private health care then they would die and that would be there own fault for voting Tory.

I just can't get on board with Labour but I absolutely love reading and learning about others views and why they voted Labour etc but I think as soon as anyone makes an insult or starts behaving like an animal, you lose any credibility your argument had.

Reactions: 17