UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope this is okay to post. I’ve searched and can’t find one.
I’m going to vote next week first time age 29 😣 I hate our government. Is anyone else voting. Who are you choosing and for what reasons?
Really interested in this as I’ve been following for a while,

Admin please delete if not allowed.
I'm voting Conservative. I'm just a working class girl who has a young family and a baby, I work part time and have a small business that I run on the side to bring in extra income also living pay day to pay day so for me personally, Conservatives would benefit me more as a household with children earning an average amount of money. I used to vote Labour but changed to Conservative as I disagree with Labour on way too many points plus I feel Corbyn is not to be trusted and is actually a very dangerous man to run a country and I just really dislike him. This is just an honest personal view and I feel I have to vote for who will help me more and that is not labour. It is sadly no longer a party for the average person in my eyes and is a little too airy fairy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm voting Conservative. I'm just a working class girl who has a young family and a baby, I work part time and have a small business that I run on the side to bring in extra income also living pay day to pay day so for me personally, Conservatives would benefit me more as a household with children earning an average amount of money. I used to vote Labour but changed to Conservative as I disagree with Labour on way too many points plus I feel Corbyn is not to be trusted and is actually a very dangerous man to run a country and I just really dislike him. This is just an honest personal view and I feel I have to vote for who will help me more and that is not labour. It is sadly no longer a party for the average person in my eyes and is a little too airy fairy.
Can I ask what Labour policies you dislike/wouldn't help you and which Conservative policies you feel would benefit you?

Genuinely just asking out of curiosity

Reactions: 6
I think we would be better with conservatives money wise.
I can’t watch what they’re doing to this country though it’s about the bigger picture for me.

Reactions: 3
I think we would be better with conservatives money wise.
I can’t watch what they’re doing to this country though it’s about the bigger picture for me.
Whoever we choose is going to let us down in some way or not follow up on their promises, its just about who is going to make life better for me personally in how I choose

Reactions: 1

Yel

- more funding for NHS (so so important)
- not allowing the NHS to be sold off
- a people's vote on brexit
- free prescriptions for everyone
- battling rail fare increases
- combating poverty and food bank usage
- fair minimum wage and stable jobs (no zero hour contracts)
- better work/life balance (shorter working week hours, already in place in a lot of European countries)
- to help end the homelessness crisis in 5 years
- green industrial revolution
- ending austerity
Almost half of those the Tory's have said they will do also.

The problem with labour at the moment their policies are massively unaffordable or will take decades of work to implement and all governments are shortsighted just looking towards the next election. Labour couldn't even say how they would afford to give billions to the waspi women. The waspi thing wasn't even in their manifesto, just a throwaway policy that alone will cost future generations massively just to win votes (and I don't think the waspi's are the ones in deserving more money.)

Come this election Corbyn will be gone soon and labour policies will be back to being virtually the same as the Tories.

The greens are the only ones being honest imo about things and saying living standards will be reduced. It's going to be a difficult few decades as the boomers retire, automation comes in and retirement is little more than a dream for most people.

My vote means nothing until we have PR anyway.

Reactions: 5
Almost half of those the Tory's have said they will do also.

The problem with labour at the moment their policies are massively unaffordable or will take decades of work to implement and all governments are shortsighted just looking towards the next election. Labour couldn't even say how they would afford to give billions to the waspi women. The waspi thing wasn't even in their manifesto, just a throwaway policy that alone will cost future generations massively just to win votes (and I don't think the waspi's are the ones in deserving more money.)

Come this election Corbyn will be gone soon and labour policies will be back to being virtually the same as the Tories.

The greens are the only ones being honest imo about things and saying living standards will be reduced. It's going to be a difficult few decades as the boomers retire, automation comes in and retirement is little more than a dream for most people.

My vote means nothing until we have PR anyway.
I couldnt agree more about labour policies being unaffordable. How do they propose to fund free prescriptions for everyone? How are they going to fund university for all students? It feels to me like they're just saying what they want people to hear without being practical about anything.

Its a shame theres no middle ground parties to vote for. For example the free prescriptions. Should I be able to get paracetamol from the Dr for free at a cost to the NHS? No, of course not. Should I be able to get my repeat prescriptions for my asthma every month for free? Yes I think I should! But, if I don't attend an annual review, should my repeat be cancelled and should I have to start paying again? Yes absolutely. Do you see where I'm going with this? Free prescriptions is not the answer. I'm happy to pay for a course of antibiotics if I need them if it's a one off prescription. And I'm happy to take responsibility for my own health and in return be given prescriptions for free. I'm sick of people thinking they are owed everything for free.

And yes, children, pensioners, cancer patients etc. Should 100% get free prescriptions!

Reactions: 5
Can I ask what Labour policies you dislike/wouldn't help you and which Conservative policies you feel would benefit you?

Genuinely just asking out of curiosity
I really dislike their approach to the whole Brexit thing for starters. This whole 'wifi will be free', who actually cares, that's merely to appeal to the younger generation voters who mostly don't even pay for bills and where's the money coming from for that exactly, young mums? Low income families? Pensioners? God knows!? He is holding that like its a deal breaker when actually its a to gain votes from many younger voters who don't really vote as he is the class clown. His entire manifesto is flawed, his spending is unjustifiable and would leave a deficit, so somewhere along the line with him it would all go tits up and it worries me who is going to pay for that exactly, its just not feasible. A man who's job is in politics an dproduces a manifesto that mathematically does not add up is a man who cannot be trusted to do the job or cannot be trusted. Its almost as if he though one day he'd like to PM and pieced together some ideas and ta-daa! No, its a joke and actually I find it very disrespectful that he thinks he can fool us the public with a publicised manifesto, how can he be taken seriously?

Reactions: 2
I really dislike their approach to the whole Brexit thing for starters. This whole 'wifi will be free', who actually cares, that's merely to appeal to the younger generation voters who mostly don't even pay for bills and where's the money coming from for that exactly, young mums? Low income families? Pensioners? God knows!? He is holding that like its a deal breaker when actually its a to gain votes from many younger voters who don't really vote as he is the class clown. His entire manifesto is flawed, his spending is unjustifiable and would leave a deficit, so somewhere along the line with him it would all go tits up and it worries me who is going to pay for that exactly, its just not feasible. A man who's job is in politics an dproduces a manifesto that mathematically does not add up is a man who cannot be trusted to do the job or cannot be trusted. Its almost as if he though one day he'd like to PM and pieced together some ideas and ta-daa! No, its a joke and actually I find it very disrespectful that he thinks he can fool us the public with a publicised manifesto, how can he be taken seriously?
🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Best way I've ever heard it put. You have summed up my entire outlook on Labour! I'm voting conservative too. Unfortunately, not because I think they're amazing (I think its a flawed party and in no way perfect) but they're the best of a bad bunch. I wish labour had a stronger, more sensible, more trustworthy leader who could propose a better alternative, but unfortunately they don't.

Reactions: 4
I just can't believe anybody would actually vote for Boris Johnson for Prime Minister of our country. I voted for David Cameron, I will never vote for Boris.

The right wing media is actually brain washing people against Labour. It's terrifying that people are buying that Jeremy Corbyn is some kind of 'dangerous' 'untrustworthy' man to run the country. He has devoted his whole life to bringing equality and peace to our world. Whats so wrong with making the top 5% pay more tax so more people have a better quality of life? I don't want to bring children into this world where Boris Johnson and Donald Trump are our world leaders.

I don't make a lot of money, between my husband and i we have enough to pay our mortgage, bills and have a little money left over each month. I have enough to get buy, but what if i lost my job? Got sick? I'd like to know i wouldnt have to worry about money during that time. That i'd be looked after. There is so much poverty in our country, and we are all HUMAN BEINGS at the end of the day, we have one life and i truly believe we should look after each other. Some of the biggest corporations don't pay tax in the UK. This is wrong.

I actually like Jeremy Corbyn's stance on brexit, we know his personal view is to stay but he is remaining neutral as he wants to represent the whole country and not just half of it. He doesn't have a personal agenda, like Boris.

I fear for the result on Thursday, I really do.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Anyone who says they will vote for Boris and the Tories after seeing what he did today when a reporter showed him a picture of a 4yr old on the floor of a hospital.
Seriously it shows you the kind of man he actually is.
I cannot comprehend how you can contemplate it. Plus Arlene Foster has said today he is spinning the Brexit line again and there is no way it will be done. His favourite phrase is total BS.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If the Tories wanted to fund the NHS better, why haven’t they done it whilst already in power?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I honestly despair for anyone who is voting for Boris on Thursday. I fear for the result, and I’d consider emigrating if the Tories remain in power, that’s how strongly I feel about this whole tit show that Britain has found itself in. The politics in this country is a complete and utter shambles. We need complete reformation.

I can’t believe people are accusing JC of being untrustworthy, but would vote for BJ - and off the back that “he’s the best of a bad bunch.” Personally, I think that’s a dangerous way to vote indeed.

There’s been a terrible amount of brain-washing and sadly, the “sheeples” will let everyone down.

I know I’ll get a lot of flack for this, but I don’t really care, and it’s genuinely how I feel sadly.

None of the parties are perfect, but I think continuing with a Tory government would be utterly devastating.

Reactions: 18
People (rich powerful people, who want to stay in that position) are tit scared of Jeremy Corybn. The right wing media is on over drive trying to bring him down, it's sickening.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I couldnt agree more about labour policies being unaffordable. How do they propose to fund free prescriptions for everyone? How are they going to fund university for all students? It feels to me like they're just saying what they want people to hear without being practical about anything.

Its a shame theres no middle ground parties to vote for. For example the free prescriptions. Should I be able to get paracetamol from the Dr for free at a cost to the NHS? No, of course not. Should I be able to get my repeat prescriptions for my asthma every month for free? Yes I think I should! But, if I don't attend an annual review, should my repeat be cancelled and should I have to start paying again? Yes absolutely. Do you see where I'm going with this? Free prescriptions is not the answer. I'm happy to pay for a course of antibiotics if I need them if it's a one off prescription. And I'm happy to take responsibility for my own health and in return be given prescriptions for free. I'm sick of people thinking they are owed everything for free.

And yes, children, pensioners, cancer patients etc. Should 100% get free prescriptions!
Prescriptions are already free for everyone in scotland and Wales (just us English still paying). Of course I agree that this shouldn’t include over the counter medicines like paracetamol etc. I also take a daily medication and have repeat prescriptions so that’s the main reason I’d like a party to introduce this (I also attend annual reviews with my dr about the medication I’m on). University is also already free in many Scandinavian countries!

I honestly despair for anyone who is voting for Boris on Thursday. I fear for the result, and I’d consider emigrating if the Tories remain in power, that’s how strongly I feel about this whole tit show that Britain has found itself in. The politics in this country is a complete and utter shambles. We need complete reformation.

I can’t believe people are accusing JC of being untrustworthy, but would vote for BJ - and off the back that “he’s the best of a bad bunch.” Personally, I think that’s a dangerous way to vote indeed.

There’s been a terrible amount of brain-washing and sadly, the “sheeples” will let everyone down.

I know I’ll get a lot of flack for this, but I don’t really care, and it’s genuinely how I feel sadly.

None of the parties are perfect, but I think continuing with a Tory government would be utterly devastating.
I feel the same (appreciate everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions)

I don’t know how anyone would want to solve the problems caused by 9 years of Tory government by voting in another Tory government. Mind blowing.

Anyone who says they will vote for Boris and the Tories after seeing what he did today when a reporter showed him a picture of a 4yr old on the floor of a hospital.
Seriously it shows you the kind of man he actually is.
I cannot comprehend how you can contemplate it. Plus Arlene Foster has said today he is spinning the Brexit line again and there is no way it will be done. His favourite phrase is total BS.
He didn’t even want to look at the photo - the man can’t face the reality of what his government have caused

I just can't believe anybody would actually vote for Boris Johnson for Prime Minister of our country. I voted for David Cameron, I will never vote for Boris.

The right wing media is actually brain washing people against Labour. It's terrifying that people are buying that Jeremy Corbyn is some kind of 'dangerous' 'untrustworthy' man to run the country. He has devoted his whole life to bringing equality and peace to our world. Whats so wrong with making the top 5% pay more tax so more people have a better quality of life? I don't want to bring children into this world where Boris Johnson and Donald Trump are our world leaders.

I don't make a lot of money, between my husband and i we have enough to pay our mortgage, bills and have a little money left over each month. I have enough to get buy, but what if i lost my job? Got sick? I'd like to know i wouldnt have to worry about money during that time. That i'd be looked after. There is so much poverty in our country, and we are all HUMAN BEINGS at the end of the day, we have one life and i truly believe we should look after each other. Some of the biggest corporations don't pay tax in the UK. This is wrong.

I actually like Jeremy Corbyn's stance on brexit, we know his personal view is to stay but he is remaining neutral as he wants to represent the whole country and not just half of it. He doesn't have a personal agenda, like Boris.

I fear for the result on Thursday, I really do.
Agree with all of this. I am the exact same, fortunate to have enough money to get by but worry what could happen if I were to lose my job or become too ill to work.

I am no where near half the salary threshold for labour’s proposed increase but despite that, I would happily pay an extra 10/20 pound in tax to stop children going to school hungry and allow families to heat their homes. I can’t ignore the poverty and homelessness and suffering I see every single day, something needs to be done.

Anyone in the top 5% of earners who begrudges a tax increase must be a greedy, selfish and heartless person as there is no other explanation for not wanting to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I am from the UK but haven't lived there for years and I am not voting - I don't feel I should influence an election when I am not even living through it.

If I lived there, I would have no idea who to vote for. It is really interesting to read everyone's perspectives. I can't stand BJ but also don't like Labour. If anything, I would want to vote for a middle party like Lib Dem but that would seem wasted.

Reactions: 1
I am from the UK but haven't lived there for years and I am not voting - I don't feel I should influence an election when I am not even living through it.

If I lived there, I would have no idea who to vote for. It is really interesting to read everyone's perspectives. I can't stand BJ but also don't like Labour. If anything, I would want to vote for a middle party like Lib Dem but that would seem wasted.
Or the Green Party, but sadly they’re always left out of the main battle

Yel

If I lived there, I would have no idea who to vote for.
Honestly I don't get how anyone can be positive about the two main parties. Both terrible but for very different reasons. We're sleepwalking into a right mess in the UK and no one that could possibly get power is really offering any realistic solutions that will lead to a positive change.

My postal vote doesn't appear to be registered so I'm not even sure I'll bother to vote on Thursday as my vote will mean nothing where I live.

Will be staying up to see how things are planning out on Thursday night, but I expect once the exit polls are released they'll be accurate.

We are a top 5% household, and will both be voting for labour. "When you're not doing so well, vote for a better life for yourself. If you are doing quite nicely, vote for a better life for others."

• Heart
Reactions: 19