UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe so many bought extra fireworks at Nye to save for tonight

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Fireworks and cheering outside my window.

Nothing to celebrate in my eyes. Unless of course that promised £350 million a week actually materialises and is pumped into the NHS. I won’t be holding my breath.

Reactions: 18
I can’t wait for the council estate massive to start crying when they get their visas declined for their two week all inclusive sun holiday to Benidorm 🙄 might even have to reinstate Facebook to read it all.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Look, I’m going to be honest and I’m so embarrassed to ask as I don’t understand politics, please don’t judge. What does this mean now for me? For any of us? Now that we’re out of the EU.. Simply please lol

Reactions: 3
It’s disappointing.

I voted for remain but did consider for a while voting to leave because of the money they were supposedly putting into the NHS. As a cancer Mum I’ve seen first hand exactly how the NHS is stretched. I obviously ultimately voted to remain but I know many people who did vote to leave for that reason. The whole campaign was a mess and it’s a shame it went the way it did.

It really is just a huge disappointment.

Reactions: 9
I'm mostly wishing I could comment on SM about how disappointed I am about it. But being politically neutral is part of my contract and I willing signed it; So my fingers and mouth are behaving.
I can only hope that we can build good relationships with our European neighbours, that we can indeed get all the medicines our family need in future and that our kids will have the option to re-join at some point.
I live in an area that benefited from EU funding and was also a leave voting area. So, it's being celebrated now with fireworks, 58 minutes worth so far (at time of starting to type).
So in absence of being able to voice a public opinion, I'm mostly, hoping the dog chills out because my whole household has been fast asleep since 9pm and it's not compatible.
I'm also quietly pondering the irony in my family this evening.
My immediate family..Husband, Oldest child, Mum, Brother, Sister in Law all voted to remain and we are all at home, all with our dogs going a bit nuts..and my dad who was the only leave voter is on a catch up trip with old friends, working his way round Europe.
It's a bit like when that naughty kid at school gets some gold stars for not caving someones head in for once, and you get 97% on a test and the teacher gives no shits, really!

Reactions: 3
We were out for dinner tonight and passed by Parliament Square on our way home - I have to say it was nice to see a happy scene, whatever the reason.

I did vote leave, however I respect those who voted Remain - although I did just spend ten minutes reading a friends post of Facebook basically calling anyone who voted leave unintelligent.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Indifferent.
I watched tv as always on a fri night.
I voted remain, but I respect the country voted otherwise and finally it’s actually happening - never thought I’d see the day lol. I do feel saddened, it’s a shame but let’s see what it brings.

the Facebook arguments as always are fairly amusing.
also, fireworks went off here too, which I think is lame (sorry!).

Reactions: 2
Relieved it's over. Cheeky glass of prosecco and watching the news.
I hope we leave amicably and do some good deals.

Anyone know why we leave at 11 and not 12?

Reactions: 1
Thank you. You have put it perfectly. I live in N Ireland and the EU served us very well. We also voted to remain. I am not being smug or gloating, but I am entitled to an Irish passport and I will be applying for it within the next couple of weeks. I wish you could too.
Like you, I am hoping for the best possible outcome for UK and that we can continue to build good relationships with our European neighbours.
As it goes, my mother was Irish so I can get one too. My passport expires in 2021 and I plan to do it. But in general, I don’t feel Irish and London has always been my home. But I did my grieving back in 2016. I was never one to support the second referendum train, and decimation of the labour and Lib Dem’s at the election proved what a mistake it was.

I think I even had some fireworks in the heart of remain vil north London. Maybe from Westminster ?

Reactions: 1
Thankfully nothing here! Love to think it's a sign of the calm to confess but very much doubt it

It’s all a bit sad really as there’s still so much uncertainty about what it actually means for us. There were a small amount of fireworks going up by me too and I personally don’t think there’s anything to celebrate. But, it’s done now 🤷🏼‍♀️ so we’ll just have to wait and see what it brings 😬 I’m relieved it’s over tbh as I hated the divide in opinions, one thing I really disliked about the whole thing was the way a lot of the remainers just thought anyone who voted to leave was an uneducated buffoon, yes a majority of the ones that got air time were an embarrassment & I really wish some people didn’t have access to social media 🙄🙈, but I know a lot of well educated & respectable people working for the local council and hospitals (a majority of them nurses) who voted to leave as they believed a major change needed to happen & hope money will be poured back into the nhs & education system as promised 🙏🏻 So all we can do now is hope we’ll make this a success and not a major f*ck up 😐

[QUOTE

MI did vote leave, however I respect those who voted Remain - although I did just spend ten minutes reading a friends post of Facebook basically calling anyone who voted leave unintelligent.
[/QUOTE]
She is right.

I'm mostly wishing I could comment on SM about how disappointed I am about it. But being politically neutral is part of my contract and I willing signed it; So my fingers and mouth are behaving.
I can only hope that we can build good relationships with our European neighbours, that we can indeed get all the medicines our family need in future and that our kids will have the option to re-join at some point.
I live in an area that benefited from EU funding and was also a leave voting area. So, it's being celebrated now with fireworks, 58 minutes worth so far (at time of starting to type).
So in absence of being able to voice a public opinion, I'm mostly, hoping the dog chills out because my whole household has been fast asleep since 9pm and it's not compatible.
I'm also quietly pondering the irony in my family this evening.
My immediate family..Husband, Oldest child, Mum, Brother, Sister in Law all voted to remain and we are all at home, all with our dogs going a bit nuts..and my dad who was the only leave voter is on a catch up trip with old friends, working his way round Europe.
It's a bit like when that naughty kid at school gets some gold stars for not caving someones head in for once, and you get 97% on a test and the teacher gives no shits, really!
I can’t speak on SM either, which saddens me. I hope the “Little Britain” point of view doesn’t make any more inroads but I really believe they’re heading towards the majority and we will be well and truly fucked. 😢

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Fireworks here where I am in Ireland lol. Obviously cause of what the Brits did to us so! haha its all a joke though its light hearted. Well for most people lol.

We're going to make a ton of money from it so we're delighted.. most of the big tech companies like Microsoft already have more branches here than in the UK but now we're getting even more and banks opening too and other business so in terms of finance we're gonna be more well off thanks to Brexit!

My German family are the same with loads of the companies moving to Munich and Frankfurt!

Took 70 years (since the treaty of Rome) of efforts to forge European unity from the ruins of WW1 and WW2 and the UK decide to leave lol.

Ya'll are welcome to come live with me lol

I can’t wait for the council estate massive to start crying when they get their visas declined for their two week all inclusive sun holiday to Benidorm 🙄 might even have to reinstate Facebook to read it all.
I never even thought of that! Do you need a VISA to visit anywhere in Europe now ??

Thank you. You have put it perfectly. I live in N Ireland and the EU served us very well. We also voted to remain. I am not being smug or gloating, but I am entitled to an Irish passport and I will be applying for it within the next couple of weeks. I wish you could too.
Like you, I am hoping for the best possible outcome for UK and that we can continue to build good relationships with our European neighbours.
How long are you living in Northern Ireland? Loads of my mates are applying for them so be quick lol.
Or where you born in Northern Ireland and you're Irish with a British passport? Christ lol. Hopefully we get the feicin 6 counties back in the next few years and are finally a full republic!

Last edited: