Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notaninstamum

Yes I’m seeing red every where but as you’ve said anyone who has openly admitted there against labour get nothing but abuse so I think no one is willing to be open about it anymore
What I'm hating about the election is the fact it seems to turn people into bullies! There are a few people on Instagram I've seen who are calling people every name under the sun if you vote Tory! The whole point of the election is for people to vote for who they think is the right candidate. If you don't vote for who some people say, you're an arsehole! I'm voting Labour because of their policies but I dislike Corbyn. But god forbid if I tell people I don't like him! Yet it's ok to slag Boris off? The whole thing is just becoming silly. Do your research, ignore the bullies & vote for who you think is right.

Reactions: 13

HasnaEmilia

Corbyn is a dangerous man with ties to awful organisations (IRA, Hamas etc.) I for one certainly wouldn’t want someone like that running this country!
If by ‘ties’ you mean he’s had democratic conversations with in search of peace then yes he has

• Heart
  • Haha

chnandlerbong

I also - selfishly - believe that if you work hard for your money you should be entitled to keep as much of it as you can in order to put it back into the economy. That’s how we thrive economically.
What about those who work hard for their money in lower paid jobs that are relying on food banks? Not everyone that works hard makes good money. I make no where near the top 5% & I would happily pay more tax if it meant helping out those in need & more money towards public services.

• Heart

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
I live in London, am in the higher tax bracket, have an inheritance and am voting Tory, as are much of my family. Am I strictly against Labour? No. Would I mind paying more tax for the benefit of other? Not at all. Will I support Corbyn? Never. There is just something about that man that I cannot feel at peace with.

KM857

Probably an unpopular opinion but what swung it for me was the tax increase for 80k+ earners. I was not going to vote for that. My husband works incredibly hard and spends 50% of his time away from the family to earn 90k a year, over 30k of which goes to tax and NI. That is an undeniably huge amount. No one is going to vote to pay more tax.

Nice to see labour voters are all ready being babies about the situation and calling all Tory voters every name under the sun, really big of you all 👍🏻.
It also really surprises me that people think Boris is a dangerous man, he’s a puppy compared to Corbyn, people seriously need to do there research on him.
As for losing the NHS this is always said at every general election but funnily enough it’s still here, maybe if the millions of people who are being aloud into this country and the ones that don’t even live here weren’t abusing it, it wouldn’t be struggling as much. Oh and I think you’ll find it was Labour that started privatising it in the first place
I’m also pretty sure if labour and the Lib Dem’s weren’t so determined to ignore democracy and what over 17 million people voted for this election would have been completely different.

Im over the moon that Corbyn has been defeated, I couldn’t think of anything worse had he got in.
I’m off to celebrate a fantastic result and probably be called some horrific names 👍🏻

I think it’s really interesting why people choose to vote for who they do, from reading this thread it feels like we mainly vote based on fears. I don’t want to leave the EU and especially not with Boris’ deal (which will most likely lead to no deal as there’s no way he can stick to timescales) so best option for remainers is voting labour. However I’m also voting labour for hope, not just fear. Their manifesto made me feel really positive, like they’d throughly thought of all the most important issues and made a plan, you can tell it’s been Jeremys life’s work to create a manifesto like this. The way I see it is, if labour win and things don’t quite go to plan, it’s a lower risk than conservatives winning, having a no deal brexit, having a border between us and NI and Scotland wanting to leave the U.K. Also it struck me today that there is major sexism issues in the U.K. as at the last election Teresa May lost the Tory majority but Boris comes along, negotiates a worse deal and has acted generally badly and is set to win back a majority. I’m not a Teresa fan but she tried her best with that deal bless her!

Calabria

VIP Member
I voted tactically to try and unseat the Tories from my constituency and happily stand by my decision to do so. My social media is a mix of red and tactical voting, however I do have a handful of friends voting for the Conservatives and while I can’t fathom why they would want to and am horrified by their choice I am enough of a grown up to let them make their own choice and respect their right to do so.

However, I have deleted a Tory voter from my life because he has shown over the course of the run up to the election that he positively revels in the ideas of people’s lives being negatively impacted by a Conservative government. This makes him a massive cunt.

Reactions: 12

midnightrose

VIP Member
I live in London, am in the higher tax bracket, have an inheritance and am voting Tory, as are much of my family. Am I strictly against Labour? No. Would I mind paying more tax for the benefit of other? Not at all. Will I support Corbyn? Never. There is just something about that man that I cannot feel at peace with.
Yet you’d vote for Boris?!
Genuinely interested in why people are so against Corbyn. Bumbling Boris has made so many racist, sexist and classist remarks. You’d be happy with someone like that running the country?

bubbletea123

VIP Member
This is what I don’t get. These working class communities need a labour government. How can anyone prioritise brexit and immigration above everything else when they will be the ones who suffer ?!
'Cause they are idiots.

Same thing happened in the USA. Trump won a lot of small mining/coal towns. They are often full of ignorant, uneducated, racist, small-minded people.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Hi.

I am watching from overseas, if the exit poll is correct, then I am so sorry. What an absolute mess. I am not that surprised. I would have struggled if I still lived there. Didn't like Cons or Labour.
xxxxx

Last edited:
  • Sad

slugella

VIP Member
It was enlightening reading this thread. Especially the views from conservative voters as everyone I know voted Labour or Green. Although I could never vote them, I don't agree with the hatred you have said you have received, the country is already divided enough.

I did a tactical vote for LD although in the past have always voted green or labour. I'm so so sad at the result and feel so heartbroken for the people who will be hit the hardest by this.

The thing that has gotten to me the most is not even the result, it's how lying is now so openly tolerated in campaigns and the media. Wasn't it something like 80% of the tories campaigns were misleading?

Also insane how the voting system works. A HUGE increase in Green votes with no extra seats. I'm very keen to get involved somehow in campaigning for electoral reform. I know the chances are slim now the Tories have a huge majority but I have to try something. And this isn't even in a bitter way that I can't accept the Tories have won, it's a broken system no matter who is in No 10 right now. Although I don't like the current situation, I accept that this is what has happened and have to get on with it, attempting to be optimistic yet also considering things I can do to help, however small they might be.

Mercedes12

VIP Member
It’s very easy also to label labour supporters bullies if you’ve never been affected by austerity, poverty or witnessed any of that first hand.

Those of us who have can’t forgive others for what they have chosen by thinking of themselves only. No labour supporter is disputing the result, I’m just deeply saddened by the consequences to come for the most vulnerable in our country.

kadykal95

Chatty Member
People (rich powerful people, who want to stay in that position) are shit scared of Jeremy Corybn. The right wing media is on over drive trying to bring him down, it's sickening.

• Heart

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I wonder if labelling people racist is an easy way of shooting them down and keeping them quiet? I will try to explain from things I've seen!

Anyone who voted for Brexit was called a racist and the first question was usually, "are you racist, don't you realise Britain is made up of immigrants going back hundreds of years" I then noticed less and less people admitted to voting leave because the comeback was "you're racist" and no one wants to be racist so they just kept quiet be aude that's how they were being labelled. The more you reason, the more racist you are so people just don't say anything then you are accused of not saying anything because you didn't understand d brexit and are therefore thick as well as racist.

There was a discussion on a parenting website and someone gave a reason why they voted brexit and they got pulled apart for only having one reason why they voted. She replied she had more than one and that was example. After a few posts, someone said "admit you're racist and own it" even though her reasons were trade and business based.

A lot of labour supporters are saying Tory voters have been tricked into the voting Tory, that the papers have been producing fake news against Labour, Corbyn and other party members and that they a haven't printed the truth, yet are then saying that the media have revealed that BJ has actually already sold the NHS to America and that he and Trump will reveal this in the New Year as come January 1st, all NHS treatment will be required to be paid for at point of service.

There's a post yesterday on a parenting website about the best place to get private healthcare because of the above and someone has said they have a basic healthcare package for two adults and two children for £600 a month. That post caused people to start frothing because they can't afford that and might as well kill themselves and their families because they can't afford to be ill. I find that really dangerous because what if someone read that and believed it to be true and did just that?

There's very extreme Labour supporters and these are the ones sharing this information they are "lucky to be in the knowledge of" and happily say you can blame a Tory voter if people die because of this.

The whole country feels so divided, no wonder people are closing rank to their own immediate family because you leave in fear at the comeback if you don't share an opinion.

Laur91

VIP Member
I voted conservative as well. I was reading through this thread thinking "but I'm from a working class background? I have a German mother (British since birth myself)? I grew up on a council estate?" however....

JC is the main reason I did not vote Labour. Also, the manifesto was far too unrealistic. Yes "all politicians lie" and people will claim Tory manifesto is full of lies but Labour was definitely going in with PR stunts rather than reality.
Same here, I voted Conservative because the Labour manifesto was merely a dream that promised a lot of freebies at an incredibly huge cost to our economy.

I think people thought ‘tax the rich an extra £20 a month - they can afford it!’ When the reality is increasing income tax would never have covered Corbyn’s plans - he was looking at needing an extra £83bn whereas Conservatives needed £20bn. It’s delusional to think taxing the ‘high-earners’ of this country would solve all the problems.

Labour made the huge mistake of underestimating how much Brexit and upholding our democracy meant to people, the swinging seats in the North have proved this. They thought offering freebies would win them an election and luckily the majority of the British public are smarter than to fall for that.

I also - selfishly - believe that if you work hard for your money you should be entitled to keep as much of it as you can in order to put it back into the economy. That’s how we thrive economically.

Crisps

VIP Member
The NHS is massively leaking money and Jeremy Corbyn just throwing more money at it would make it worse. The NHS is already overrun with time wasters - people calling ambulances effectively for a lift to the hospital and for non emergencies. It’s about the general public’s lack of respect for the NHS. Offering free prescriptions for everything and ploughing more money into it would only run it into the ground more. I have many friends that work in the NHS and their thoughts are just that.

Laur91

VIP Member
What about those who earn a lot but do not contribute back into the economy due to off-shore accounts, tax evasion etc?
Well that’s illegal so should be handled accordingly with criminal charges/actions....what did you expect me to say? 😂

Just because I voted Conservative doesn’t mean I support those who squirrel their money away off-shore in the same way I’m sure those with voted Labour don’t support the party members who made anti-Semitic comments? That’s a silly insinuation to make.

Twinkle

Was the NHS in a much better state when Labour was in charge?
Yes, it was. I’ve worked in the NHS for 20 years. It’s always worse for patients under a Tory government.

I’m quite sad to read what some people think of the NHS. The fact that we managed to set the NHS up at a time when our country was broke and reeling from the Second World War, and that to this day the ethos of healthcare being free at the point of delivery for man, woman or child is something we should want, at all costs, to preserve for future generations.

• Heart