UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sick. Why would anyone vote torys after the tit weve dealt with for the past 9 years?

Reactions: 20
I feel sick. Why would anyone vote torys after the tit weve dealt with for the past 9 years?
Because they are the ONLY party willing to uphold the 17.4million voters to leave.
And Corbyn is a dangerous man, who makes my skin crawl.
Thats why I voted Boris.

Reactions: 4
This is honestly terrifying. A Tory majority like the one predicted leaves me and my family in poverty and relying on food banks even though we both work.

Because they are the ONLY party willing to uphold the 17.4million voters to leave.
Thats why I voted Boris.
There is more to this country than just brexit.
I couldn’t care less about the EU. I care about having enough nurses in hospitals, having wages that reflect inflation, having enough police on the streets to fight crime and having children going to school with full stomachs ready to learn from teachers who aren’t pressured to hit unfair and unrealistic targets.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
This is honestly terrifying. A Tory majority like the one predicted leaves me and my family in poverty and relying on food banks even though we both work.
The only thing this election is shown is that people only care about themselves.

I hope you’re ok, I’ll be keeping everything crossed the poll is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I couldn’t care less about the EU. I care about having enough nurses in hospitals, having wages that reflect inflation, having enough police on the streets to fight crime and having children going to school with full stomachs ready to learn from teachers who aren’t pressured to hit unfair and unrealistic targets.
Agreed!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thats why I voted Boris.
Have to disagree with you on that one. How is he a dangerous man? It has been very obvious that the general media (*cough BBC included*cough) are biased towards thr right-wing. I think it's scary that Corbyn has been portrayed as a dangerous individual yet people can't give a valid reason why.
What's scary is a group of very wealthy people making the rich richer and the poor poorer. There is a video of the PM stumbling over being asked how much a loaf of bread is.
People have become so greedy. Why don't we look out for others anymore? Why are we so scared of sharing wealth? I am closer to needing a foodbank than ever becoming a millionaire- I will never vote Tory.

And don't get me started on Brexit. The referendum should never have happened like it did. A deal should have been agreed first and then put forward to the public to vote either yes or no. People are angry because it's an absolute sham. We weren't asked if we wanted a hard or soft brexit for example? At least Corbyn said he would go and get an offer and let the public decide based on that. Seems pretty fair to me?! Rather than crashing into chaos "getting brexit done" as predicted by numerous financial and business experts?!

Just some food for thought

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I feel exactly like you, if the Tories get back into power I am actually scared for the future.

In my city (Aberdeen) it really is a two horse race between SNP & Tories there really is no point in voting for anyone else so my vote went to SNP. If I lived in england I would 100% vote labour. I would be happy with a labour SNP coalition, it is what I am praying for! I believe JC & NS could find common ground on most things & out of all the parties would work together the best. My other half is predicting either a Tory majority or another tory lib dem Gov!
If the exit polls are correct, I’m happy for Scotland as you may now have a chance at independence and can get away from this mess. Very jealous!

Do you have a source for that claim? Would be genuinely interested in reading it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Well said. 👏🏻

Reactions: 3

That is so sad. I’m so sorry for you. My partner and I have a joint income of £95,000 and we barely scrape by each month. I’m so sorry x

• Wow
#goodbyenhs is trending. Says it all really. When the Brexit BS is still going on for the next 5-10 yrs and the health service-something every one of us was born into has been eroded away, I hope people can say well at least we got Brexit done (except we didn't as we are still in negotiations)

Could cry.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
If the exit polls are correct, I’m happy for Scotland as you may now have a chance at independence and can get away from this mess. Very jealous!
Only if Boris let's it through which may be very hard if he has a big majority 😫 if we got it though you would be more than welcome to come up here 😊

Also, let me tell you when we had the first referendum the amount of information we got regarding leaving the union was amazing. Loads of figures & plans. There were also loads of information nights where you could go & ask questions. I couldnt believe it when it came to Brexit & there was so little information about what would happen if we left the EU, the two referendums were so different! That vote should never have happened!

So...not everyone is a TS fan, I know. But give this a listen as I imagine many of you are feeling this way. Don't give up the fight. Obv this is about the US election but is relatable for you right now.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn't be surprised if there was another general election within 2 years. Brexit won't be easy to just get done. Don't despair too much.

The first result in Newcastle shows not a huge swing, exit poll may be quite out. Newcastle central shows a huge loss of labour support though.

So...not everyone is a TS fan, I know. But give this a listen as I imagine many of you are feeling this way. Don't give up the fight. Obv this is about the US election but is relatable for you right now.

Ha love a reason to mention swift and one of her best songs!

Has she ever posted on social media before to vote in a UK election? I wonder if she's spending lots more time in the UK these days.

Wow the Tories win a seat #135 of their hit list. The exit poll could be lower than the result 😲

Last edited:
#goodbyenhs is trending. Says it all really. When the Brexit BS is still going on for the next 5-10 yrs and the health service-something every one of us was born into has been eroded away, I hope people can say well at least we got Brexit done (except we didn't as we are still in negotiations)

Could cry.
It beggars belief doesn't it

It's a bleeping disgrace that anyone should be in that position, I really hope the exit polls are wrong

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another general election within 2 years. Brexit won't be easy to just get done. Don't despair too much.

The first result in Newcastle shows not a huge swing, exit poll may be quite out. Newcastle central shows a huge loss of labour support though.

Ha love a reason to mention swift and one of her best songs!

Has she ever posted on social media before to vote in a UK election? I wonder if she's spending lots more time in the UK these days.

Wow the Tories win a seat #135 of their hit list. The exit poll could be lower than the result 😲
She has never posted about it before, I was very surprised. Her boyfriend is English though.

I’m so sorry to hear this. Reasons like this are why I was so passionate about a Labour government and why I am absolutely devastated. I hope our communities can come together and help everyone in need at a time like this. I don’t know what else we can do.

Reactions: 9
Thats why I voted Boris.
That gobshite Johnson is dangerous. I'm not the biggest Corbyn fan but he'd have been better than that twit

Reactions: 10
I’m a teacher, of children with special needs, in an area of high deprivation, and my heart is broken. For them. Schools are already stretched more than anyone working outside education could even begin to imagine. It is a fight to get these children seen by nhs services to help them, and waiting lists are long. Their teachers are overworked, stressed and under crushing pressure. A Tory mp said that people with learning disabilities should earn less money, these incredible, inspiring children should be given the same opportunities as any other child. Children are stealing food from school because they don’t have enough at home.

And the uk has voted for more of this?!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22