Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tulips

I think celebs getting involved is always a bad idea.

Finally the press conference due at 6pm is going ahead now
Yeah, listening to it now- Tusk and Junker sound like they need a long holiday after all this ends, if it ever will lol

midnightrose

VIP Member
Your last line is super interesting "no one up here in Scotland is happy"

I'm from a large family, half of whom live in Scotland and who are happy that the UK has left. They don't want independence and don't want to remain in the EU.

Yet Scottish remainers truly believe they speak for everyone which is incredible really and shows how they can't expand their thinking.

Of course it it unnecessary. But what's important to remember is that behaviour isn't symptomatic of all leave voters.

Round here where I leave, there's a house that was a leave voter. They had a party on Friday. Remainers on the street threw eggs at the house and cut up their union flat they had hung on the door.

It's not just the leavers that cause problems.
Like I said, regardless of which way, there’s no need for violence or hate crime.

This whole thing has just caused unnecessary division and tbh, to me that’s the biggest disadvantage of all! I’m appalled by some people’s behaviour.

Mercedes12

VIP Member
With that dimwit HRH prince Andrew and mod I'd forgotten about the election

Anyone watching the debate? It's background noise but maybe a few interesting bits

How can they both be offering so much spending and saying austerity is over when public debt as a percentage of GDP has been increasing?
View attachment 58524
I watched it! Who did you think did better?

Obviously the BBC News said BJ 😂

Wtf!

I agree... can you tell me more about the healthcare system in NZ? How does it work?
Have a look at this. It explains the basics.

Under the state healthcare scheme, a flat rate is levied for each visit to a doctor, irrespective of the nature of the visit. The basic consultation fee is from $45 to $55 and visits at night and weekends cost $10 to $15 extra. Visits to a GP are subsidised by $15 for children aged 6-17 and by $35 for children under six. Some GPs waive the fee for treating children under six.

Adults who visit the doctor often or who receive social benefits receive a $15 subsidy. If you have a Community Services Card, a doctor’s visit costs $15 to $20 for an adult and around $10 for a child over five. If you need to visit the doctor frequently (at least 12 times a year), you can apply for a High Use Health Card from your doctor, which entitles you to the same reductions as a CSC.

I lived there for 3 years and if I had a pre-existing condition I would have had to pay for it or head back to the UK to have work done on the NHS. If I had an accident there, I would be covered under their AC scheme, the money wouldn't come directly from their health system, which also means compensation for injury is heavily controlled by them too. Most inpatient hospital treatment there is free outpatient treatment isn't. The links above explain it better than I can! They just have much better control over it.....

Forgot to say, they also have a policy around emergency services. Charges for certain ambulances (Not in an emergency) and also if I remember rightly, fire engines fined for coming on a call out which was deemed unnecessary and if it happened 3 times in a year the address would be blacklisted... one of the guys at my work got in a lot of trouble for setting off the fire alarm in the kitchen! Everyone is really more careful because of it!

Yel

Chatty Member
Yeah, listening to it now- Tusk and Junker sound like they need a long holiday after all this ends, if it ever will lol
I think long after tusk, junker and may are gone this will be continuing!

Lots of people Ive spoken forget even if it's approval that's just a withdrawal deal and so much more to agree on.

Just waiting for Theresa to come on before I fall asleep

Burda

VIP Member
I don't think its about being proud. More that its basic humanity that people get somewhat freewill. That said ...humanity is long gone in the world right now anyway.

LasVegas702

VIP Member
Oh whaaaat! If you're in desperate need I'm sure one of us can help you out.

A quick google implies it's all about money, and some changes in shipping costs overall.
I know what happened now. I'll let you know if I need any help. Thanks so much.

Below is the real reason from the Reddit:

"Finally! An actual explanation of the shipping ban on NA from Mark Constantine, founder and "Mr. Big" of Lush, on his Facebook page: "There is no intention to spit on a customer. Lush U.K. License the American market to Mark and Karen Wolverton. The agreement is loosely worded. We believe we are allowed to sell mail order to any market from the Uk they don't. This argument has got out of hand recently so we have withdrawn. There are also changes in American law which makes it more complicated to sell in to the states. I am sorry we weren't able to sort this out in a way that gave our US and Canadian customers the choices they would like. I would just point out that without Mark Wolverton's perseverance we may not have had the successful business we have. Very few British retailers find success in your beautiful countries and Lush has. Hope that explains" Here's the link to the main post. Scroll down the thread toward the bottom for a long discussion on the topic. Bottom line, he is placing the blame at the feet of Mark Wolverton, the franchise owner for Lush NA. Just as we thought."

The King in the North

Technically we left in January 2020 (but only went into the transition period so I get what you mean).

But even still - all the EU nations could have done the same thing as Britain, they decided to opt into the EU procurement. France, Germany could have all went at it alone but decided not to. I genuinely believe the UK would have always went it alone in this.
We were still tied to EU laws and regulations, leaving or remaining, wouldn't have made a difference to the vaccines.