UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi.

I am watching from overseas, if the exit poll is correct, then I am so sorry. What an absolute mess. I am not that surprised. I would have struggled if I still lived there. Didn't like Cons or Labour.
xxxxx

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Hi.

I am watching from overseas, if the exit poll is correct, then I am so sorry. What an absolute mess. I am not that surprised but it shows how many bigots there really is :(
xxxxx
No, I don't think it shows bigotry at all. Its like yel said people have had enough and want Brexit sorted, and they know Corbyn will keep blocking it. People don't like the uncertainty. They also said many people don't see Corbyn as a viable leader for labour and he's not well liked.

Reactions: 6
This really is terrifying. I think the brexit mindset definitely pushed people into a conservative vote. I said it earlier in the thread but as a disabled person the prospect of a Tory led government and the potential loss of the nhs sickens me. Oh, and the fact that apparently as a disabled person I should work for less money in the eyes of the tories. Uncertain times :(

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Largest post war swing ever, and as a sitting government too! It's almost unheard of

Reactions: 2
It's a sad day.

shame people couldnt look past brexit. And see the mess the Tory cuts have caused.

the rich will get richer.

and more children will be in poverty next xmas.

Any country that has people relying on foodbanks is failing. Fact

Reactions: 19
Wow! If the exit poll is any where near right, what a win!!
And they said people have changed their minds over Brexit, I don't think so. ☺

Hi.

I am watching from overseas, if the exit poll is correct, then I am so sorry. What an absolute mess. I am not that surprised but it shows how many bigots there really is :(
xxxxx
Really! Why am I a bigot, please tell, is it because I voted Brexit?

I love Europe but hate the EU and can't wait to leave.

I wonder if the polls saying things were closing and close to a hung parlement was a deliberate thing to make sure the Tory voters all came out?

Looks like the result is what the first estimate was weeks ago.

What a mess labour is. They really fucked thus up with someone so far left, with Marxists tendencies and economics that were so unbelievable.

Reactions: 4
It's a sad day.

shame people couldnt look past brexit. And see the mess the Tory cuts have caused.

the rich will get richer.

and more children will be in poverty next xmas.

Any country that has people relying on foodbanks is failing. Fact
I agree people are going to die. And what for? "To get Brexit done" I cannot get my head round that.

As my friend who is a nurse says when the majority of NHS workers, teachers, police & firemen are telling you not to vote tory... why wouldnt you listen?

Reactions: 10
I wonder if the polls saying things were closing and close to a hung parlement was a deliberate thing to make sure the Tory voters all came out?

Looks like the result is what the first estimate was weeks ago.

What a mess labour is. They really fucked thus up with someone so far left, with Marxists tendencies and economics that were so unbelievable.
Both parties are tit. Labour was unrealistic and laughable. Honestly, I don't think there could have been any good outcome. I am not a fan of either party. I am just sorry that people have to go through this.

Edit: Sorry for calling people bigots earlier. I got a bit carried away.

Reactions: 3
Wow! If the exit poll is any where near right, what a win!!
And they said people have changed their minds over Brexit, I don't think so. ☺

Really! Why am I a bigot, please tell, is it because I voted Brexit?

I love Europe but hate the EU and can't wait to leave.
Hmmm. If it’s correct then my nation (Scotland) have not changed our minds about Brexit either. Oh right, we didn’t vote leave in the first place.

Disappointing result for Labour overall but if that’s the correct one for Snp then as good a night as could be for Scotland.

Reactions: 6
Hmmm. If it’s correct then my nation (Scotland) have not changed our minds about Brexit either. Oh right, we didn’t vote leave in the first place.

Disappointing result for Labour overall but if that’s the correct one for Snp then as good a night as could be for Scotland.
We can only pray for indyref2 now

Reactions: 4
Both parties are tit. Labour was unrealistic and laughable. Honestly, I don't think there could have been any good outcome. I am not a fan of either party. I am just sorry that people have to go through this.

They both were terrible, but for very different reasons.

I was expecting a slim Tory majority, but this big scares me. A majority that big gives so much power. I still think Brexit is due to the Blair years and all the seeds they planted then, with their huge majority.

Reactions: 11
They both were terrible, but for very different reasons.

I was expecting a slim Tory majority, but this big scares me. A majority that big gives so much power. I still think Brexit is due to the Blair years and all the seeds they planted then, with their huge majority.
I read that it could be the biggest Tory maj since 1987...how mad is that?

Reactions: 3
65 seats are too close to call according to one organisation that's crunched the exit poll data.

So it could come down alot, but a Tory majority is expected

Jo swinson 95% chance of loosing her seat 😯

Can you explain why you think Labour's manifesto was unrealistic?

Reactions: 1
I read that it could be the biggest Tory maj since 1987...how mad is that?
Shows how things swing, when labour came back in before people vowed never to let the tories back in. Then labour poured money away and made such a mess of everything people went back to the only other viable option. It's been on the edge now for a while but the promise to sort Brexit has swung it. Corbyn is too extreme, people who remember the last labour government fear that the same thing will happen again with his crazy promises.

We need more legitimate options if the mess is ever going to end

Reactions: 5