UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not come across a labour supporter who hasn't been nasty yet and now they are saying we need a second general election.
Exactly. Part of Corbyn's downfall is his extreme propaganda which has stirred up hate which in turn people have projected on others. Read an article and the guy who wrote it basically said the aggression he faced from labour voters from the last election made him more determined to vote tory this time. I can't believe some of the comments I have read from labour voters who think that its ok to abuse people for their views in this day and age. What happened to healthy debate? Yes something needs to be done about poverty, children going hungry should not be happening but abusing the average tax payer isn't the solution.

Makes me wonder how many of those people with such 'passionate' views even looked at the policies or even actually bothered to vote for labour. Corbyn's policies were flawed.
The NHS is massively leaking money and Jeremy Corbyn just throwing more money at it would make it worse. The NHS is already overrun with time wasters - people calling ambulances effectively for a lift to the hospital and for non emergencies. It’s about the general public’s lack of respect for the NHS. Offering free prescriptions for everything and ploughing more money into it would only run it into the ground more. I have many friends that work in the NHS and their thoughts are just that.
Exactly. The NHS wasn't built to withstand the weight on it now. Just money won't help, people's use of it needs to be addressed first.

Reactions: 10
The NHS is massively leaking money and Jeremy Corbyn just throwing more money at it would make it worse. The NHS is already overrun with time wasters - people calling ambulances effectively for a lift to the hospital and for non emergencies. It’s about the general public’s lack of respect for the NHS. Offering free prescriptions for everything and ploughing more money into it would only run it into the ground more. I have many friends that work in the NHS and their thoughts are just that.
This, take a look at Blythe for example, last night they elected their first Conservative MP since the 1950s and he is an NHS worker. Does he want ‘children and the elderly to die’? :/

Reactions: 6
This is the million dollar question...

Personally I think it comes back to Brexit and that people want it honoured. So much so, that they forgot about the rest of Tory manifesto.
It is about Brexit, I have someone on my facebook who has two family members who heavily rely on the NHS for life long illnesses....he voted conservatives because he wants brexit done 🙈 lots of people haven’t researched they just see brexit and that’s it!

I've not come across a labour supporter who hasn't been nasty yet and now they are saying we need a second general election.
Hi, let me introduce you to a non-nasty labour supporter.
I am a working parent with 5 children. My husband also works. In the last 9 years of Tory austerity it has forced us both into working 2 jobs each as the ones we had no longer pay enough to feed our family.
I fell 8ft out of my loft last year and despite the fact I couldn’t move an ambulance wasn’t sent for me as they were too busy.
I suffer with mental health problems but cuts to the nhs have meant that getting treatment is a constant fight.
One of my children has learning difficulties and has to travel an hour each way to school every day as cuts in education meant there weren’t enough spaces for him to go to school locally.
I live in a wealthy part of the country and I am a homeowner.
I am not nasty about Tory voters. Essentially brexit won this election. But I voted for the party that I thought would give myself and my family a fighting chance.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s so frustrating how people are out there telling working class people who have voted Tory that they are ignorant and ill informed because they have voted for a party who is against them. Well I feel really welcomed by you don’t I! I may be working class and come from a single parent family but I work my butt off working for the NHS, I have just graduated with a law degree and haven’t been on holiday in years, but I’m supposed to take political advice from influencers and celebrities who spend half the year in another country. I have a brain to make my own decisions and quite frankly labours solution off throwing money at everything didn’t appeal to me when I see on a daily basis how money is wasted in the NHS. I respect people who voted labour and I can see why it is worrying, I really can, but the whole culture of dragging people down because of who they voted is really tiresome. The whole point of a democracy is that we all have an opinion and just because people don’t agree with yours doesn’t mean anyone has a right to drag others down (on both sides of the vote).

Reactions: 21
People didn't vote for labour for the bleeping ridiculous things like saying a vote for a Tory is the same as killing people and the NHS will be gone.
The Tory's have had power many times and haven't sold of the NHS. Labour were the ones that started selling of the NHS and their PFI contracts putting huge debts on the NHS. Labour have been the most damaging to the NHS.

Reactions: 11
And people telling me I only voted Tory because of Brexit. Well I hope you had a nice trip in my brain and mind, could you tidy it up a little on your next trip please! It is so so condescending to assume just because I voted Tory I must not have understood politics or manifestos. I didn’t decide how to vote in the referendum because of slogans on buses and I didn’t decide how to vote in this election because of Brexit.

Reactions: 15
And people telling me I only voted Tory because of Brexit. Well I hope you had a nice trip in my brain and mind, could you tidy it up a little on your next trip please! It is so so condescending to assume just because I voted Tory I must not have understood politics or manifestos. I didn’t decide how to vote in the referendum because of slogans on buses and I didn’t decide how to vote in this election because of Brexit.
You might not have done, but a lot of people did.
I have family in the north and in their communities the main concern during this election was brexit 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
My comment wasn’t necessarily directed at you personally. Don’t take it as a personal attack. I just meant in general. This vote, in my opinion, was predominantly about Brexit.

Reactions: 3
You might not have done, but a lot of people did.
I have family in the north and in their communities the main concern during this election was brexit 🤷‍♀️
I live in the north, in one of the most deprived areas of the Uk and have never voted Tory before, but people are tired. Brexit has meant visas for NHS workers outside the EU have been delayed because of uncertainty, Brexit has meant millions have been spent on a general election because politicians couldn’t decide on how to accept a democratic vote, Brexit has meant job loses in factories because companies don’t have certainty around the future. So can you blame people for seeing Brexit as a major factor. Whether you are remain or leave, leave won and this should have been accepted in Parliament. One party basically told people who voted Leave that there voice was lesser than those who voted remain.

Nice to see labour voters are all ready being babies about the situation and calling all Tory voters every name under the sun, really big of you all 👍🏻.
It also really surprises me that people think Boris is a dangerous man, he’s a puppy compared to Corbyn, people seriously need to do there research on him.
As for losing the NHS this is always said at every general election but funnily enough it’s still here, maybe if the millions of people who are being aloud into this country and the ones that don’t even live here weren’t abusing it, it wouldn’t be struggling as much. Oh and I think you’ll find it was Labour that started privatising it in the first place
I’m also pretty sure if labour and the Lib Dem’s weren’t so determined to ignore democracy and what over 17 million people voted for this election would have been completely different.

Im over the moon that Corbyn has been defeated, I couldn’t think of anything worse had he got in.
I’m off to celebrate a fantastic result and probably be called some horrific names 👍🏻

Reactions: 13
I live in the north, in one of the most deprived areas of the Uk and have never voted Tory before, but people are tired. Brexit has meant visas for NHS workers outside the EU have been delayed because of uncertainty, Brexit has meant millions have been spent on a general election because politicians couldn’t decide on how to accept a democratic vote, Brexit has meant job loses in factories because companies don’t have certainty around the future. So can you blame people for seeing Brexit as a major factor. Whether you are remain or leave, leave won and this should have been accepted in Parliament. One party basically told people who voted Leave that there voice was lesser than those who voted remain.
I fully agree, the whole thing should have been done and dusted long before now. The country voted to leave, so we should have left.
But for a lot of people, the overwhelming message of ‘let’s get it done’ from the tories meant that they didn’t really pay a huge amount of attention to policies or manifestos.

Nice to see labour voters are all ready being babies about the situation and calling all Tory voters every name under the sun, really big of you all 👍🏻.
It also really surprises me that people think Boris is a dangerous man, he’s a puppy compared to Corbyn, people seriously need to do there research on him.
As for losing the NHS this is always said at every general election but funnily enough it’s still here, maybe if the millions of people who are being aloud into this country and the ones that don’t even live here weren’t abusing it, it wouldn’t be struggling as much. Oh and I think you’ll find it was Labour that started privatising it in the first place
I’m also pretty sure if labour and the Lib Dem’s weren’t so determined to ignore democracy and what over 17 million people voted for this election would have been completely different.

Im over the moon that Corbyn has been defeated, I couldn’t think of anything worse had he got in.
I’m off to celebrate a fantastic result and probably be called some horrific names 👍🏻
Agree people were bored of being told everytime that's the NHS gone if Tory's get in and that they're stupid unless they vote for labour.
All these fake news stories about hundreds of thousands killed by the Tories.

I tell you actually what will have directly killed the most a Marxist leader that broke the economy with his unicorns and rainbows for everyone by taxing everyone, killing businesses and borrowing like there's no tomorrow.

Reactions: 7
My comment wasn’t necessarily directed at you personally. Don’t take it as a personal attack. I just meant in general. This vote, in my opinion, was predominantly about Brexit.
I didn’t take it as a personal attack from yourself. It is just frustrating that we have seen more people than ever finally getting involved in politics but only those who vote for Labour are now allowed to have a valid reason for voting. On twitter people who claim to be pro mental health support are throwing awful insults around because someone voted opposite to them.
The whole point of a democracy is that we can vote for who we choose to without fear of repercussions. I’m all for debate and discussion ( love this about politics) but I think it is now crossing a line on both sides of the argument!

I’ll start you off with a few I’ve been called this morning. Scum of the earth. Murderer. Racist(hilarious considering I’m mixed race myself). Homophobic. Oh and also someone hopes I’m hit by a bus this morning on my way to work for the NHS they care so much about. 😂

Last edited:
I didn’t take it as a personal attack from yourself. It is just frustrating that we have seen more people than ever finally getting involved in politics but only those who vote for Labour are now allowed to have a valid reason for voting. On twitter people who claim to be pro mental health support are throwing awful insults around because someone voted opposite to them.
The whole point of a democracy is that we can vote for who we choose to without fear of repercussions. I’m all for debate and discussion ( love this about politics) but I think it is now crossing a line on both sides of the argument!
Was turn out low? (I don’t know for a fact) I just know that in my area it was down.

I think it’s great that people feel so passionately about their country and others. Unfortunately, some parties favour the few over the many.

I would still like to see political reform in this country. For example - more scrutiny and regulation. I believe politicians should have in writing what they agree to carry out, and if they don’t, they can be subject to losing their registration. Why do other sectors face this regulation when MPs don’t?

I don’t condone (or participate) in name calling and verbally attacking those who voted differently to me. However, make no mistake; this would have been the same if the result was reversed. How people deal with disappointment in politics often boils over with hot headedness.

I think instead of tearing each other apart we need to focus on the press. Surely even the most ardent Tory/Leave/Brexit Party voter MUST see that the media coverage surrounding Corbyn/Labour was shocking? I just cannot believe the media in this campaign. It’s disgusting.

What do people feel was the main votings issues / priorities in this election?

Reactions: 11
Was turn out low? (I don’t know for a fact) I just know that in my area it was down.

I think it’s great that people feel so passionately about their country and others. Unfortunately, some parties favour the few over the many.

I would still like to see political reform in this country. For example - more scrutiny and regulation. I believe politicians should have in writing what they agree to carry out, and if they don’t, they can be subject to losing their registration. Why do other sectors face this regulation when MPs don’t?
Honestly haven’t looked at the numbers, but it was incredibly busy when I went to vote. Usually you can just swan in and out.

Political reform is a must!!! Across all parties for how many years now has things been promised and then suddenly disappears of the table. Couldn’t agree more. Could you imagine if you were repeatedly given something to do at work and then just thought nope not going to do that. 😂

I’ve struggled to watch the TV debates, but I did catch five minutes of them talking about the House of Lords being scrapped, do you think this is something which will ever happen?

Reactions: 1
All I will say is this: I am genuinely worried after this mornings results. Genuinely.
BUT I would be the first to eat my words if it all worked out. I just dont hold out much hope.

Reactions: 7
It’s so frustrating how people are out there telling working class people who have voted Tory that they are ignorant and ill informed because they have voted for a party who is against them. Well I feel really welcomed by you don’t I! I may be working class and come from a single parent family but I work my butt off working for the NHS, I have just graduated with a law degree and haven’t been on holiday in years, but I’m supposed to take political advice from influencers and celebrities who spend half the year in another country. I have a brain to make my own decisions and quite frankly labours solution off throwing money at everything didn’t appeal to me when I see on a daily basis how money is wasted in the NHS. I respect people who voted labour and I can see why it is worrying, I really can, but the whole culture of dragging people down because of who they voted is really tiresome. The whole point of a democracy is that we all have an opinion and just because people don’t agree with yours doesn’t mean anyone has a right to drag others down (on both sides of the vote).
So well put. I voted Labour but I have seen so many people today drag people for voting Tory, some people I have had to unfollow on Instagram because they were calling people who voted tory selfish c**ts. As sad & worried I am about this country's future, I don't believe on turning on those who have voted different to myself. I know people who have always been Labour supporters who changed their vote yesterday purely because they believe a lot of the press is scare mongering & a lot of people that I've spoken to thought it may encourage JC to get the boot. A lot of people sadly didn't understand why yesterday's vote was held so either didn't vote or just voted because they thought it related to brexit. I think, in my opinion, the last few years have been a farce and thanks to the media, influencers etc I honestly think a lot of people don't know what to believe or who to trust.

Honestly haven’t looked at the numbers, but it was incredibly busy when I went to vote. Usually you can just swan in and out.

Political reform is a must!!! Across all parties for how many years now has things been promised and then suddenly disappears of the table. Couldn’t agree more. Could you imagine if you were repeatedly given something to do at work and then just thought nope not going to do that. 😂

I’ve struggled to watch the TV debates, but I did catch five minutes of them talking about the House of Lords being scrapped, do you think this is something which will ever happen?
I hope so! But whether it will I don’t know.

Reactions: 1