UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a teacher, of children with special needs, in an area of high deprivation, and my heart is broken. For them. Schools are already stretched more than anyone working outside education could even begin to imagine. It is a fight to get these children seen by nhs services to help them, and waiting lists are long. Their teachers are overworked, stressed and under crushing pressure. A Tory mp said that people with learning disabilities should earn less money, these incredible, inspiring children should be given the same opportunities as any other child. Children are stealing food from school because they don’t have enough at home.

And the uk has voted for more of this?!

But it's ok because they have promised they won't tax the higher earners

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Have to disagree with you on that one. How is he a dangerous man? It has been very obvious that the general media (*cough BBC included*cough) are biased towards thr right-wing. I think it's scary that Corbyn has been portrayed as a dangerous individual yet people can't give a valid reason why.
What's scary is a group of very wealthy people making the rich richer and the poor poorer. There is a video of the PM stumbling over being asked how much a loaf of bread is.
People have become so greedy. Why don't we look out for others anymore? Why are we so scared of sharing wealth? I am closer to needing a foodbank than ever becoming a millionaire- I will never vote Tory.

And don't get me started on Brexit. The referendum should never have happened like it did. A deal should have been agreed first and then put forward to the public to vote either yes or no. People are angry because it's an absolute sham. We weren't asked if we wanted a hard or soft brexit for example? At least Corbyn said he would go and get an offer and let the public decide based on that. Seems pretty fair to me?! Rather than crashing into chaos "getting brexit done" as predicted by numerous financial and business experts?!

Just some food for thought
This 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 4
But it's ok because they have promised they won't tax the higher earners

I’m so glad that means the higher earners can continue to send their kids to prestigious private schools whilst people where I live visit food banks and live in poverty. Wooo tories 🙄 /s

Reactions: 11
Have to disagree with you on that one. How is he a dangerous man? It has been very obvious that the general media (*cough BBC included*cough) are biased towards thr right-wing. I think it's scary that Corbyn has been portrayed as a dangerous individual yet people can't give a valid reason why.
What's scary is a group of very wealthy people making the rich richer and the poor poorer. There is a video of the PM stumbling over being asked how much a loaf of bread is.
People have become so greedy. Why don't we look out for others anymore? Why are we so scared of sharing wealth? I am closer to needing a foodbank than ever becoming a millionaire- I will never vote Tory.

And don't get me started on Brexit. The referendum should never have happened like it did. A deal should have been agreed first and then put forward to the public to vote either yes or no. People are angry because it's an absolute sham. We weren't asked if we wanted a hard or soft brexit for example? At least Corbyn said he would go and get an offer and let the public decide based on that. Seems pretty fair to me?! Rather than crashing into chaos "getting brexit done" as predicted by numerous financial and business experts?!

Just some food for thought
Compared to frigid (see what I did there) Johnson. I’m a nurse and I can tell you over the last ten years it’s gotten worse not enough nurses and staff. Underfunding, pay freezes. Hey ho such is life ..

• Sad
Literally no reason for voting Tory compares to a struggling family sending their children to school hungry or homeless people dying on our streets!

How has our nation chosen this? How inherently selfish is this country?

Reactions: 12
Literally no reason for voting Tory compares to a struggling family sending their children to school hungry or homeless people dying on our streets!

How has our nation chosen this? How inherently selfish is this country?
Anyone who voted Tory should be ashamed of themselves, and I really don’t care what they have to say about it to be honest with you. How can they justify what is currently (and will continue) in this country? Selfish.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Anyone who voted Tory should be ashamed of themselves, and I really don’t care what they have to say about it to be honest with you. How can they justify what is currently (and will continue) in this country? Selfish.
People have died from austerity and this will just get worse. I’m at a loss of what to do.

I’ve been researching what food my local food bank needs more of, I know there’s a drop off point in my supermarket so I’m going to try and contribute each time I visit, possibly look into volunteering somewhere.

People have died from austerity and this will just get worse. I’m at a loss of what to do.

I’ve been researching what food my local food bank needs more of, I know there’s a drop off point in my supermarket so I’m going to try and contribute each time I visit, possibly look into volunteering somewhere.
I haven’t posted on this thread but
I saw this on twitter which echoes your post.
It’s not possible for everyone,
but I hope those who can, do.

DAF8A903-94D6-4A14-ACB6-3DB9AB793081.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I think this is something good to come out of this mess. A lot of younger people have been more motivated than ever. This might spark people to make changes, fight for change. More people might volunteer time, or money if they can. We’re inspiring the younger generation after us, and hopefully they’ll be even more determined than we are.

Reactions: 7

Well done you.
But you shouldn’t have to do that. The government is exploiting you by relying on you to do that.

Reactions: 8
Well done you.
But you shouldn’t have to do that. The government is exploiting you by relying on you to do that.
Thank you. I agree but I will sleep better at night (where I’m fortunate enough to have a bed) if I know I’ve tried to help. Can’t stop thinking about these poor people who’s suffering will get worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
BBC just did interview with labour stoke on Trent saying he thinks he's failed but it's not been called .
He seems very angry saying labour party had 2 options stop Tory or stop brexit.
That london/ labour mps dominated the direction labour took over brexit and that meant dismissing their core labour vote in Midlands and up north views were sacrificed.

I feel sick watching these votes come in. I’m from a mining family in the north east, I can’t believe Blyth voted for a Tory government. They must all have short memories and must be forgetting when Thatcher shut down the mines and tore the communities there apart. Too many people have voted based solely on their views on brexit, when there are more important issues happening in our country right now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
The sun front cover
ELn9U28WwAEKxtd.jpeg

The biggest failing is labour, they should have walked this. But their economic stuff was the death of them. Always talking about taxing these other people and then a "fully costed" budget that they just added 60bn to overnight with a giveaway to the waspi. People just didn't get on board to trust them.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I feel sick watching these votes come in. I’m from a mining family in the north east, I can’t believe Blyth voted for a Tory government. They must all have short memories and must be forgetting when Thatcher shut down the mines and tore the communities there apart. Too many people have voted based solely on their views on brexit, when there are more important issues happening in our country right now.
This is what I don’t get. These working class communities need a labour government. How can anyone prioritise brexit and immigration above everything else when they will be the ones who suffer ?!

This is what I don’t get. These working class communities need a labour government. How can anyone prioritise brexit and immigration above everything else when they will be the ones who suffer ?!
'Cause they are idiots.

Same thing happened in the USA. Trump won a lot of small mining/coal towns. They are often full of ignorant, uneducated, racist, small-minded people.

Reactions: 12
I am from quite retirement filled area on the south coast. Absolutely staunch Tory. And the blind desperation for Brexit and keeping those ‘damn Muslims out’ we’ll bypass the fact there isn’t a fully Muslim country in the EU regardless. Is appealing to watch. Absolutely no regard for suture generations. Or this current one.

Reactions: 2