Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kanye

In the nicest possible way you'd have to be pretty naive to believe labors figures. They have no clue how to raise even a fraction of what they want to spend.

Have you seen the state of Venezuela?

She was an awful leader, nothing to do with sexism.
Similarly you'd have to be pretty naive to believe the tories won't shaft the NHS, the homeless, the disabled and the poor 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Calabria

VIP Member
If the Tories wanted to fund the NHS better, why haven’t they done it whilst already in power?

• Heart

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
i have worked in the public sector for 20 years - the last 10 were the worst because of Austerity which happened because labour f*cked us all up the arse, without lube, spending money that they didnt have - a fact people seem to forget

I am part of the red wall, now blue. I am shocked at what's happened in my town today which has been red for decades, but is no longer. I can set aside my politial beliefs and i can assure the Tory bashers that my community and neighbours are not thick twats or ignorant bigots nor are they selfish, they simply used their vote to be heard which is their democratic right whether i agree with their vote or not.

• Heart

Mercedes12

VIP Member
WHy are you quoting me? I didn't blame the poor.

It's labour that gave away all the topups that allow people do get paid very little and are topped up by benefits like working tax credits and housing benefit long time. It's a terrible idea to make people long term dependent on benefits.

Somone earning 85k that's a sole earner and has a mortgage in the south east doesn't have excessive wealth. top 1% of tax payers pay 28% of tax. If you earn over 125k you don't even get a tax free allowance. High earners in jobs are the major contributors.

Is that an official labour made graphic? Looks very unprofessional and wishy. How exactly are they going to tax multinationals 30bn? It's really not that easy.

Taxing dividens at the same rate as income is stupid. You already pay 19% corp tax, then a further 7.5% tax for the first 30k taken out. It is already taxed pretty similar to income.

Is Dianne Abbot in charge of labours figures? You'd have to have next to no knowledge of economics to vote for labour. It's all cheap shots talking about rich people to tax.
Well I’d consider someone earning 85k-125k a year wealthy. To earn 80k a year and bring home £4.5k after tax, I can’t imagine why anyone would begrudge paying an extra £10 in tax to help the most vulnerable in society.

Heard a lot of “it’s not my problem” and “why should I pay to feed someone else’s kids” from Tory voters when I question this which I think is really sad and quite heartless. One then went on to argue that she gives to charity so he conscience is clear. Clearly anyone with this opinion has no experience of what it’s like to struggle.

The nation have become so selfish and ignorant. I just hope the people that actually care about those less fortunate get out tomorrow and vote.

liarliarliar

Genuine question.so many poor people in the country, struggling people using food banks etc. yet footballers in the Premier League get paid like £50k a week. How does that work? I personally think they should slap more tax on them instead of hard workers earning £80k. All their spare money sat around in accounts whilst they run around a pitch one a week 😒 #footballhaterhere

midnightrose

VIP Member
Literally no reason for voting Tory compares to a struggling family sending their children to school hungry or homeless people dying on our streets!

How has our nation chosen this? How inherently selfish is this country?
Anyone who voted Tory should be ashamed of themselves, and I really don’t care what they have to say about it to be honest with you. How can they justify what is currently (and will continue) in this country? Selfish.

• Heart
  • Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
What about those who work hard for their money in lower paid jobs that are relying on food banks? Not everyone that works hard makes good money. I make no where near the top 5% & I would happily pay more tax if it meant helping out those in need & more money towards public services.
I think some people (not everyone and not pointing the finger at anyone here), forget that you don’t have to have a high-paying job to be a hard worker. Many of the hardest workers are those who work low-paying jobs. I worked in care for a long time, I know all about working hard for a pittance.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Sln2404

People keep banging on about food banks, children living in poverty under a Tory government.
I grew up in a single parent family knowing what it was like to go to bed hungry, for the gas & electricity to run out, wearing second hand clothes not having the bus fair to get to school. Under a LABOUR government. It’s only through hard work fighting for years have I been able to break the cycle and buy my own home. It hasn’t been a Tory only issue.

• Heart

Jm564

This is honestly terrifying. A Tory majority like the one predicted leaves me and my family in poverty and relying on food banks even though we both work.
The only thing this election is shown is that people only care about themselves.

I hope you’re ok, I’ll be keeping everything crossed the poll is wrong.

• Heart

Wonderwall

#goodbyenhs is trending. Says it all really. When the Brexit BS is still going on for the next 5-10 yrs and the health service-something every one of us was born into has been eroded away, I hope people can say well at least we got Brexit done (except we didn't as we are still in negotiations)

Could cry.

• Sad

Mercedes12

VIP Member
Anxious about today’s results. Clearly everyone has different views for different reasons. People are very passionate about their views. Sadly I am one of those labour supports who struggles to accept the reasoning behind a single Tory vote but that’s just my perspective (luckily I live in the beautiful Labour bubble which is Liverpool - some of the safest labour seats in the country ❤).

What I will say is that if you voted Tory, get in the fridge.

I'm in Scotland and I think if SNP get the majority here and Conservatives get in then it will be the end. Scotland vote so differently to England especailly in the past few votes (general elections, Brexit & european elections) it's clear as countries we want very different things & I think it could be a mandate for indyref2. I also have seen many clips from over the years of what Boris thinks of Scotland and have to say if the option was independence or Boris as PM I'd vote for independence and take my chances!

And no I'm not anti-English just sick of my countries votes counting for nothing!
Out of curiosity, would you be opposed to a labour SNP coalition?

Oh and also people who label JC a terrorist sympathiser, more people have died from Tory austerity than terrorism in recent years.

• Heart

Amy158

And people telling me I only voted Tory because of Brexit. Well I hope you had a nice trip in my brain and mind, could you tidy it up a little on your next trip please! It is so so condescending to assume just because I voted Tory I must not have understood politics or manifestos. I didn’t decide how to vote in the referendum because of slogans on buses and I didn’t decide how to vote in this election because of Brexit.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
People have died from austerity and this will just get worse. I’m at a loss of what to do.

I’ve been researching what food my local food bank needs more of, I know there’s a drop off point in my supermarket so I’m going to try and contribute each time I visit, possibly look into volunteering somewhere.
I haven’t posted on this thread but
I saw this on twitter which echoes your post.
It’s not possible for everyone,
but I hope those who can, do.

DAF8A903-94D6-4A14-ACB6-3DB9AB793081.jpeg

• Heart

Chezed19

It really saddens me. To a certain degree I can understand the middle class voting Tory. But for some reason the working class continue to vote for a party that couldn’t give two shits about them. I think it’s a combo of media bias, wanting to ‘get brexit done (🤢)’, and believing sensationalised articles defaming Corbyn. It’s sad because Jeremy Corbyn was someone who was willing to be a voice for the North and burst out of the London-centric bubble that most politicians are in.
How anybody working class could vote Tory I will never understand. I’ve lost faith in the human race today. I am by far a labour supporter but the tories are only out for themselves more than any other party. Clearly the NHS, Schools, public services & the vulnerable people (through no fault of their own) of this country are not important to the majority it would seem. 😔

Reactions: 14

liarliarliar

Have to say I was afraid to say I was voting conservative for all of the abuse I'd receive. Funny really because I could be abusive to people voting labour for all of my own personal reasons, but for some reason they don't seem to understand democracy or that people have their own views and opinions.

Don't love either party and I'm actually a remain voter however, I respect that the majority voted leave and I think that's what should happen. Then once Brexit is finally done BJ can start to work on all of his promises. In his speech this morning he's reiterated his number one priority is the NHS. He's putting all of the police, nurses, hospitals etc back (ok back to where they were before tory removed them but you have to start small, that's realistic). For me personally, and I'm not saying my opinion is right, but Labour were spouting what everyone wanted to hear and I just don't think it would happen easily. I would LOVE most of their policies but realistically where is all of the money coming from? Ok yes tax billionaires and big companies but to rip all the tax from people who earn £80k - well then will that not just create a generation of people choosing to be on benefits than having any motivation to earn a good salary. Sort of "What's the point when it'll all get taxed anyway?" I don't know. Just my views, don't attack me!

Reactions: 14

Casperron

VIP Member
Hi. I’m a nasty labour supporter
What I will say is that I’m disgusted with everybody that has voted Conservatives, you’ve destroyed his country. I have attached a picture of where the conservatives money is going. Not to mention the awful child poverty rates that are increasing. As somebody who grew up in child poverty this is why I voted labour. Who the hell is voting the Tories!
65775F56-9940-4933-932F-D16102C5A78A.jpeg

Reactions: 13

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
My husband just read out a tweet (I don't have the twitter, too confusing!) and it's basically saying that people had no idea about what they were voting for and are calling for a second general election with a different Labour leader.

I mentioned about a policy of Labour's I disagreed with and got so much abuse and hate, even though I mentioned one of the Tory ones I disagreed with and didn't say which way I voted.

I also mentioned that from knowledgable first hand sources that the NHS is massively leaking money and that parts of it can be reformed and potentially privatised to save money and pretty much got threatened with death!

I've not come across a labour supporter who hasn't been nasty yet and now they are saying we need a second general election.
People said that about Brexit that people didn’t know what they were voting for an to have another vote. Unfortunately democracy doesn’t work like that.

you cant just keep voting until you get what you want. we all get a vote and we should all respect others opinions and deal with the result the best we can.

slugella

VIP Member
It's so unhelpful making generalisations. Not everyone on the left wants everything for free/doesn't work hard/is a raging Corbynista, and not everyone who voted Tory is racist/hates the poor. There are arseholes in every party and we aren't 100% defined by our political choices. So frustrating as this divide just doesn't help.

Also, some people do vote for their local MP and there are some decent Tory ones. And this is coming from someone who was saddened by the election result. Not everything is so black and white.

Last edited:

clt1992

Chatty Member
Hi. I’m a nasty labour supporter
What I will say is that I’m disgusted with everybody that has voted Conservatives, you’ve destroyed his country. I have attached a picture of where the conservatives money is going. Not to mention the awful child poverty rates that are increasing. As somebody who grew up in child poverty this is why I voted labour. Who the hell is voting the Tories!View attachment 63855
The majority of people are voting Tories it's called democracy.