Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
um.. I just took a clear blue digital and I’m pregnant. Only tested because I woke up at 2am with my boobs really hurting me. I’ve had a weird taste in my mouth the past few days but didn’t really think much of it as I’ve had that before when my periods came. So scared to get my hopes up incase it’s another chemical. Please keep your fingers crossed for us 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Rose18778

I gave in and tested early today as been feeling really off the last few days (12dpo, period 3 days away) and got this... honestly can’t believe it! ❤ Wishing everyone else luck and positive tests, this was our 3rd month of trying and although i know that’s not long to try I felt so disappointed the last 2 months!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I caved and done a cheapie... and got a positive 😭

We’re completely in shock, I really wasn’t expecting it! Still going to keep testing tomorrow and Tuesday to make sure but as long as AF doesn’t come on Tuesday I think that’s it!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

LongishCat

VIP Member
After almost 1,5 years of trying... It looks... Positive?
I can't really believe it, so I'll retest tomorrow morning. But that looks like two lines right?! My partner and I are so confused and happy and confused!

Last periods were 19/12 and 21/01. I have PCOS and currently on my second cycle with Letrozole. Was expecting my period around today, but had no real PMS symptoms, so decided testing was in order.

I saw someone asking about Clomid. I've used that before as well (3 cycles, until it was out of stock or something), and had no real complaints. Letrozole came/comes with more complaints (nauseous around ovulation, very painful period), although dosage is perfect for me.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Imward3

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your help and support this month!

we’ve had our pregnancy confirmed with bloods and (so many) home tests. EDD 1st of October if all goes well!

good luck everyone and lots of baby dust ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 17

LongishCat

VIP Member
Thank you for this thread!

Been TTC for over a year now.
Stopped with the pill in October 2019. First months my period always started on the 16th of the month, like clockwork. They were very painful though. When I was late for the first time, I was getting really excited. You can imagine how heartbroken I was when the pregnancy test was negative and my period started a week late... My period kept starting later and later up until the moment I last had them in April this year and then nothing. Pimples galore though and mood was swinging all over the place. I honestly felt like a panda (fertile once a year)...
Went to a gynaecologist in August and got diagnosed with PCOS. In summary that means there's too much testosterone in my body which prevents the little eggs to grow and jump. So no ovulations.
Currently on clomid, which does seem to work. First cycle multiple eggs were ready to jump, so we skipped that cycle (I want a baby, but preferably not plural in one go :p). Second cycle only one was getting ready, but got my period again. Currently on 3rd cycle. We didn't see an egg, but my uterus was perfectly prepared. Had blood tests which showed no signs of an ovulation yet.
So unsure if the medication worked this time. But we're trying and keeping our fingers crossed.

TTC has been quite a rollercoaster so far. Thought I was pregnant multiple times, multiple negative pregnancy tests. It honestly sucks so effing bad sometimes :(
But I have a good support system luckily. My partner, my mom, a few close friends who know and my colleagues and manager are all so incredibly supportive. Count myself lucky.

But hearing from other acquaintances who get pregnant, seemingly without many issues can be quite depressing. I'm happy for them, but it just feels like a punch in the gut ☹
But we remain hopefull 😊

If you read this entire rant, thank you for your time ❤ And good luck on this journey, the quest for a baby can be quite hard, but I'm sure it's worth it in the end.
(Also apologies for any mistakes or errors, writing on my phone and English isn't my first language)

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
The person who said “I spent my adult life trying not to get pregnant” is so spot on! We started trying two years ago. Fell pregnant first month and had a missed miscarriage confirmed at almost 11 weeks. Was very pragmatic about it, to the point that the Early Pregnancy Unit sent two different midwives to talk to me because I was “too okay about it”. I wasn’t; I just have been brought up with a maternal line who had multiple losses and who spoke very openly about it.

Spent a year TTC, nothing, referred for fertility treatment and had my MMR (my surgery had no record so I had to get it again) and all blood work done. Husband had his lovely plastic tube! During the wait for an appt.... fell pregnant. Naturally referral was cancelled but three weeks later, I miscarried again. This was during lockdown and I have found the Lockdown Baby Boom particularly hard given the multitude of flippant comments from people “not even trying”.

The positive is I’ve been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic, have tested positive for sticky blood and am on daily aspirin, with progesterone should I get pregnant again. Have a lovely consultant and GP which is half the battle I think.

I track things, make sure we have sex at least every other day and that we take our vitamins. My husband’s nice Calvin Klein boxer briefs are in the drawer and he is in baggy old man boxers. We won’t be considered for another fertility referral until January (six month wait because of my age) and it just feels utterly all consuming. Well meaning friends say to relax, when it’s the last thing you can do and which also puts the emphasis on you and it being your fault. It isn’t. We all need to be a lot kinder to ourselves.

Anyway, for now we keep trying and have the horrible two week wait every month, where every twinge and every wave of nausea makes you think “Maybe this time”. I always assumed having the baby was the easy part, it was raising the child that was tough. I had no idea getting - or staying - pregnant would be the battle.

Sending you all love. If anything this has shown we aren’t alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Lsj18289

Took a test convinced it would say not pregnant and nearly fainted when I read it.....PREGNANT 1-2 weeks! Was so worried as I thought I had missed my Ovu window!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Kitt

VIP Member
Anyone else feel like EVERYONE is announcing pregnancies at the moment? Feel like it’s never gonna be me doing that.

BrowniePoints

I don't know if my story will help or not but here it is. We've been trying for a while with no success. Went down the ivf route :1st round miscarried very early on, 2nd time test was negative. The gracious Dr told us that we have absolutely no chance of conceiving naturally (well, this was I think the 2nd Dr by now telling us the same and his actual words were a bit more brutal than this). Move on a few years, thinking of going through the ivf route again only to discover that I was actually pregnant, naturally I may add! After our 1st baby we started trying for nr 2 very soon, thinking it will take ages only to fall pregnant (well, I was already pregnant when we decided we should try for baby nr 2 unbeknown to me).
So, whatever your journey hang in there as there's always hope!!

• Heart

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Okay so I took a test this afternoon .. we’re pregnant! We’ll be looking at booking an early scan after previous early losses, the last one being a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. When is the best time to book one for? Obviously not going to book one yet just incase but if we get to 7 weeks is that a good time?

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Hi Ladies, so lovely to see so many positives. I said a week or so ago I was bowing out due to my issues with folic acid levels. Anyway, I had a test in the bathroom and I am roughly coming to the end of my TWW so I thought f**k it why not what have I got to lose my dr all but told me I wouldn't conceive till my folate corrected itself more. Anyway, low and behold I got a faint positive. I'm over the moon but apprehensive as I know I already have low folate so this pregnancy will come at extra risks as I can't absorb folic acid. But i just had to put it somewhere. I have my fingers crossed for everyone of you still in the TWW!! Thank you for those who I've spoken to since I joined. It's been lovely having somewhere to discuss it all! ❤

• Heart

Neonmoon

7 years trying and still no luck, I’ve had 2 miscarriages and 3 chemicals and unexplained infertility, no one takes my husband and I serious, we are finally able to start IVF PGD in the next few months but it’s likely another 2 years to wait until our little one joins us.
it’s such an incredible lonely journey. Good luck to you all sending baby dust

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

CNK

A friend announced yesterday she is pregnant and I cried all evening... felt better today as soon as I woke up but its always the night time when I obsess over this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

Missdissapointed

Chatty Member
Well guys my period showed up today! Guess my sore boobs are just going to be another Pms symptoms. Mother Nature is cruel..

Just a thought guys - I have decided to treat myself when I get my period - new pjs, face mask, lots of junk food. It has made me feel slightly better. Thought it might help you guys feel better on them months to xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Dipdab

VIP Member
Having a real meh day today. I’m finding lockdown really tough this time around and with ttc on top of that it’s hard! Last night I FaceTimed my best friend and she told me she was 9 weeks pregnant with her second. Both times she has conceived the first month trying. She’s been my best friend since school and I’m so happy for her, she’s a great mum. But I felt awful because I just cried when she told me. I feel like such a brat that my first though was “when will it be my turn”. I’m feeling like I stole her thunder and she must have been buzzing to tell me and I ruined it. On top of that I got married in December so at work people keep asking “how’s married life, are you pregnant yet?”. I work with mainly men so they have no idea. I know they mean well but I find it really hard to just smile and laugh.
Don’t really know the point of this post think I just needed somewhere to write it all down! When I talk to my friends/family they just don’t really get it. I just get “it will happen”, “just relax and don’t think about it”.
I’m due AF next weekend and feel teary today so god knows what I’ll be like next week 😅.

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
AF is now 2 days late! Starting to get more hopeful as the days pass! Trying really hard to hold of on Tuesday/Wednesday time when my period would of finished! Almost tested yesterday but talked myself out of it! I hope my bodies not playing games with me!!

• Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
I’m getting married next weekend and just worked out my fertile window covers it. Praying for a wedding baby 🥰🤞🏻

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Thank you everyone!! My Christmas wish came true. I’m so lucky and grateful and over the moon. So happy ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 11