TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never understood how this worked - so that’s basal body temperature? My app has a bit to log that but I didn’t know what I was supposed to be checking 😂
Yea, but you have to take it at the same time everyday (roughly) and before you do anything or your temperature will change, not everyone does but it helps pinpoints if your ovulating and when during your cycle

Reactions: 1
Hi all. I’m reading this and hoping for some advice or reassurance as I’m totally all over the place re TTC at the moment. I came off the pill in July after 10 years consistently on the same pill (POP). I did not have a single period in these 10 years. I must also add I had an eating disorder (lowest weight was just under 7 stone) for a couple of years during this period so this might have had an effect on things. To date I have still not had a period or any form of bleed since coming off it (stopped July 31st). I contacted my GP in Nov for some advice. I had bloods and an internal scan both of which came back absolutely normal. My friend suggested using ovulation sticks which I’ve been using now for 6 weeks. Every day I had nothing until two weeks ago when I got a peak smiley face! We had sex about 5 times in 3 days from about 6 hours after the test and then 3 days later back to no smiley face. Until yday when I got another smiley face?! Still have had no period, how likely is it to ovulate without periods? Ive become v bloated in last few days but sure this is just after Christmas podge! Any advice? Should I continue with the Ovulation tests? Also must note I’m on the wait list for a fertility appt (i know it’s not been a long wait but GP said best to start the ball rolling) but obvs this won’t happen for ages due to C19 and I’ll cancel if we do happen to conceive! Any similar stories? Thanks guys 🙂 x
OPKs don't confirm that you have ovulated, they just detect the rise in the hormone you produce when your ready to ovulate, it could be that you are surging but the egg actually isn't dropping. The best way to check for ovulation would be temping. X

I never understood how this worked - so that’s basal body temperature? My app has a bit to log that but I didn’t know what I was supposed to be checking 😂
Basically ovulating makes your temp rise so if you track it every day, you should see two distinct phases...like the below image. You then know that the day before your temp rose is the day you ovulated like seen on this photo. And also if you aren’t pregnant, the temps will drop back to the lower side but if you are they will stay in that second phase

Attachments

Basically ovulating makes your temp rise so if you track it every day, you should see two distinct phases...like the below image. You then know that the day before your temp rose is the day you ovulated like seen on this photo. And also if you aren’t pregnant, the temps will drop back to the lower side but if you are they will stay in that second phase
If you wear an activity watch like a Fitbit, Apple etc pay attention to your resting heart rate as well as this does tend to line up with your basal body temp and obviously you don’t have to record it as the device does it for you. I got really stressed trying to track my BBT and it started affecting my sleep. I’ll attach my Fitbit chart showing my RHR the month I conceived. 15th august was the day of my last period. I would say implantation was possible 8th September and I had a positive test on the 12th September. If you compare this to a BBT chart the comparisons would be near identical and it takes all the stress away from having to temp.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Hi guys 👋 so happy to have found this thread. I'm TTC #1 and it's my first month trying. Came off the mini pill in November and had my periods back right away. I have a shooooort cycle (about 21 days) which is slightly concerning. Just finished my period and according to my app, I'm going to ovulate in the next couple of days! Anyone else here with a short cycle? X

If you wear an activity watch like a Fitbit, Apple etc pay attention to your resting heart rate as well as this does tend to line up with your basal body temp and obviously you don’t have to record it as the device does it for you. I got really stressed trying to track my BBT and it started affecting my sleep. I’ll attach my Fitbit chart showing my RHR the month I conceived. 15th august was the day of my last period. I would say implantation was possible 8th September and I had a positive test on the 12th September. If you compare this to a BBT chart the comparisons would be near identical and it takes all the stress away from having to temp.
That’s interesting. What signs on this chart are you looking out for in terms of ovulation rather than implantation etc?

That’s interesting. What signs on this chart are you looking out for in terms of ovulation rather than implantation etc?
You look for the same increase in your heart rate as you do would if you were tracking your BBT by temping. Towards mid cycle you should see a peak in your RHR around the time you suspect you ovulate based on your individual cycle. I suppose I was lucky I have a clockwork cycle so my ovulation was always around day 11-14 which is easier to track. If you’ve ovulated your RHR would then start falling as would your BBT if you don’t get pregnant and get your period by the time the flow starts your heart rate and temp would be back to the lower end. If you fall pregnant your RHR and BBT stay elevated. I stumbled across all this on google and just started paying attention to my own heart rate. I’ll also add that I was trying for 5 months and had a positive test in September at age 43, I’m currently 21 weeks with a baby girl due in May. What I’m saying is don’t lose hope and I explored every natural thing out there that could help. However the month I did conceive I had thrown in the towel and thought bugger it and had stopped doing Opks and everything as it was consuming my every thought.

Reactions: 2
AF is now 2 days late! Starting to get more hopeful as the days pass! Trying really hard to hold of on Tuesday/Wednesday time when my period would of finished! Almost tested yesterday but talked myself out of it! I hope my bodies not playing games with me!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
AF is now 2 days late! Starting to get more hopeful as the days pass! Trying really hard to hold of on Tuesday/Wednesday time when my period would of finished! Almost tested yesterday but talked myself out of it! I hope my bodies not playing games with me!!
Everything crossed for you 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Another OPK question... are your LH levels supposed to increase as you get towards ovulation? Mine increased but seem to have dropped again. According to the chart, today is “high chance” to try, peak days are 11th and 12th and I’ll be ovulating on the 13th.

Attachments

Wow good luck! I know sometimes it's scary to test, but with you being late your test from now will be accurate either way. You've got more self control than me!

has anyone had any issues with coming off contraception?
My coil was due to be taken out in November and I called the doctors early September so we could start trying but was told the doctors aren’t taking them out at the moment (due to COVID) so I’ve waited until this week, called the doctors and the doctor is refusing to do them right now so was pointed to the sexual health clinic but there’s a 6 month+ waiting list

I’m at a loss of what to do and was hoping I’d be pregnant by now but the thought of having to wait another 6 months is awful

Another OPK question... are your LH levels supposed to increase as you get towards ovulation? Mine increased but seem to have dropped again. According to the chart, today is “high chance” to try, peak days are 11th and 12th and I’ll be ovulating on the 13th.
Yeah! Mine were like yours, are you testing round about the same time every day? Try and make sure you've not had a wee an hour or so before you do the OPK as the hormone won't be as strong too! Make sure you doing lots of business on your high chance to try days because once you've peeked it will start to tell you your DPO's. X

Wow good luck! I know sometimes it's scary to test, but with you being late your test from now will be accurate either way. You've got more self control than me!
Funnily enough I ended up testing this afternoon but it was neg, my boobs have felt increasingly heavy as the days worn on & I just have none of my usual symptoms oh & sorry for the TMI but my pants were soaking like I'd wet myself! I honestly don't remember any of this the first time round! I've told my partner now he has to keep me busy so I don't go crazy testing all day every day looking for a line that might not come! Hopefully once my period is officially missed I get that positive!

Attachments

Yeah! Mine were like yours, are you testing round about the same time every day? Try and make sure you've not had a wee an hour or so before you do the OPK as the hormone won't be as strong too! Make sure you doing lots of business on your high chance to try days because once you've peeked it will start to tell you your DPO's. X
Yeah trying to, around midday! Will test twice tomorrow though like the app says. I’ve already told my partner this is “the” weekend 😂

Really hope you get that positive too! The wait is the longest part!

Yeah trying to, around midday! Will test twice tomorrow though like the app says. I’ve already told my partner this is “the” weekend 😂

Really hope you get that positive too! The wait is the longest part!
Some days I was testing 4 times a day just to get the highest 😂🙈. I didn't track in December told myself to just enjoy it and now I'm regretting it as if I knew my peek I'd have more of an insight!

Got my fingers crossed for you this weekend!! Hopefully you'll get your positive in a few weeks too!!

Reactions: 3
Hi all. TTC nearly 2 years and have pcos. I don’t use opks as they are unreliable with pcos. Been bbt temping just 3 months and still getting to grips with it. I’ve been using Flo and just downloaded fertility friend.

My temp has just shifted up. I know I need three consecutive days to confirm ovulation but, if I get another higher temp tomorrow and Sunday, can I assume I ovulated yesterday?

Also just want to say I’ve been reading through the thread and wish you all the best of luck this year. TTC is stressful, no matter where you are in your journey ✨

(although in saying that, after nearly 2 years I’m bleeping exhausted 😅 and really hope it happens for this year). CD1 was just before Christmas and I bawled my eyes for days

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Hi all. TTC nearly 2 years and have pcos. I don’t use opks as they are unreliable with pcos. Been bbt temping just 3 months and still getting to grips with it. I’ve been using Flo and just downloaded fertility friend.

My temp has just shifted up. I know I need three consecutive days to confirm ovulation but, if I get another higher temp tomorrow and Sunday, can I assume I ovulated yesterday?

Also just want to say I’ve been reading through the thread and wish you all the best of luck this year. TTC is stressful, no matter where you are in your journey ✨

(although in saying that, after nearly 2 years I’m bleeping exhausted 😅 and really hope it happens for this year). CD1 was just before Christmas and I bawled my eyes for days
If you get 2/3 more I would say you’ve ovulated as it wouldn’t be a rogue temp, your app will tell you of it thinks you’ve ovulated aswell (or Atleast mine did)

If you get 2/3 more I would say you’ve ovulated as it wouldn’t be a rogue temp, your app will tell you of it thinks you’ve ovulated aswell (or Atleast mine did)
Thank you! Just trying to clarify my fertile window. I think cos I’m not paying premium for the app it’s not updating in line with my bbt or confirming that way. The apps I use seem to just guess ovulation day based on the length of my cycle ie 14 days before the end of cd1. Might just fork out for the good ones soon 😅

Thank you! Just trying to clarify my fertile window. I think cos I’m not paying premium for the app it’s not updating in line with my bbt or confirming that way. The apps I use seem to just guess ovulation day based on the length of my cycle ie 14 days before the end of cd1. Might just fork out for the good ones soon 😅
I signed up for the Flo trial for 30 days the cancelled after a few so I wouldn’t be charged £50, they sent me an offer the same day for a years subscription for £15.
It might be worth trying for yourself if they give you a discount to track further?

• Heart

My levels fluctuate before CD19 when I had high levels all day (I test around 12pm and 4pm), but they were consistently low. On CD20 I had my peak at 12pm and it dropped to high at 4pm. But yeah, it was up and down in the low range before I reached my fertile window. Until you see the high and peak you are definitely wondering if something is wrong with you, but I've learnt that it's completely normal for it so fluctuate slightly before seeing that spike.

I started tracking right after AF which was extremely frustrating to see 13 days of low levels thinking something was wrong with me, but I had a feeling during my last cycle that I wasn't ovulating during the "textbook" CD14 (this is my first cycle using OPKs), but more like a week later or so. It was nice to see the data supporting it so far. At least I now have a nice baseline lol but yeah, I am trying not to be too optimistic that this is "the month" but seeing that peak got me so excited ughhhh. I felt some ovulation pain the day after my peak, I don't temp because I know it would be too much for me right now. Trying to enjoy the sex and the general excitement but now I am in 4 DPO and I know it will be hard to resist the test on 8 DPO onwards!!

Anyways I digress 😅

Edited because I suck at maths

FC25A5E6-7228-4236-8424-3BA56568270A.png
9DD2790D-75CE-4EFF-AE2C-AC7E948DBFE7.png

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.