TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi and welcome!

Thought I’d set up a thread for those of us who are TTC. I’m currently 2 years in to the process. Docs finally took my bloods which showed I possibly ovulated, my prolactin was borderline, and my testosterone was high. Been for an ultrasound which showed cysts on both ovaries and something on my uterus which they think is a cyst but can’t be too sure, so I’m currently on the urgent list for a CT scan (all fun and games🤨).

Reactions: 8
Hey ❤ Thanks for setting up!
im currently ttc number two
It took us five years for number one and coming into year 3 for number two
Have had three fertility treatments, complimentary therapies over the yeaes

I have stage four endometriosis husband has poor morphology my amh is low and my thyroid out of whack so yea all fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hope it’s okay to join even though I’m just starting out TTC. First month TTC #1, I’m due on Thursday/Friday so waiting to see if that comes or not. Had lots of weird symptoms this month but also feeling like I normally do when I’m due on so I don’t think it’s happened this month. Early days though I appreciate.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh yay great thread idea, I’m TTC #1 And in our 4th month so again still early days. Trying not to put too much pressure on myself and not think about it but can’t help reading tons of articles etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you for this thread!

Been TTC for over a year now.
Stopped with the pill in October 2019. First months my period always started on the 16th of the month, like clockwork. They were very painful though. When I was late for the first time, I was getting really excited. You can imagine how heartbroken I was when the pregnancy test was negative and my period started a week late... My period kept starting later and later up until the moment I last had them in April this year and then nothing. Pimples galore though and mood was swinging all over the place. I honestly felt like a panda (fertile once a year)...
Went to a gynaecologist in August and got diagnosed with PCOS. In summary that means there's too much testosterone in my body which prevents the little eggs to grow and jump. So no ovulations.
Currently on clomid, which does seem to work. First cycle multiple eggs were ready to jump, so we skipped that cycle (I want a baby, but preferably not plural in one go :p). Second cycle only one was getting ready, but got my period again. Currently on 3rd cycle. We didn't see an egg, but my uterus was perfectly prepared. Had blood tests which showed no signs of an ovulation yet.
So unsure if the medication worked this time. But we're trying and keeping our fingers crossed.

TTC has been quite a rollercoaster so far. Thought I was pregnant multiple times, multiple negative pregnancy tests. It honestly sucks so effing bad sometimes :(
But I have a good support system luckily. My partner, my mom, a few close friends who know and my colleagues and manager are all so incredibly supportive. Count myself lucky.

But hearing from other acquaintances who get pregnant, seemingly without many issues can be quite depressing. I'm happy for them, but it just feels like a punch in the gut ☹
But we remain hopefull 😊

If you read this entire rant, thank you for your time ❤ And good luck on this journey, the quest for a baby can be quite hard, but I'm sure it's worth it in the end.
(Also apologies for any mistakes or errors, writing on my phone and English isn't my first language)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you for this thread!

Been TTC for over a year now.
Stopped with the pill in October 2019. First months my period always started on the 16th of the month, like clockwork. They were very painful though. When I was late for the first time, I was getting really excited. You can imagine how heartbroken I was when the pregnancy test was negative and my period started a week late... My period kept starting later and later up until the moment I last had them in April this year and then nothing. Pimples galore though and mood was swinging all over the place. I honestly felt like a panda (fertile once a year)...
Went to a gynaecologist in August and got diagnosed with PCOS. In summary that means there's too much testosterone in my body which prevents the little eggs to grow and jump. So no ovulations.
Currently on clomid, which does seem to work. First cycle multiple eggs were ready to jump, so we skipped that cycle (I want a baby, but preferably not plural in one go :p). Second cycle only one was getting ready, but got my period again. Currently on 3rd cycle. We didn't see an egg, but my uterus was perfectly prepared. Had blood tests which showed no signs of an ovulation yet.
So unsure if the medication worked this time. But we're trying and keeping our fingers crossed.

TTC has been quite a rollercoaster so far. Thought I was pregnant multiple times, multiple negative pregnancy tests. It honestly sucks so effing bad sometimes :(
But I have a good support system luckily. My partner, my mom, a few close friends who know and my colleagues and manager are all so incredibly supportive. Count myself lucky.

But hearing from other acquaintances who get pregnant, seemingly without many issues can be quite depressing. I'm happy for them, but it just feels like a punch in the gut ☹
But we remain hopefull 😊

If you read this entire rant, thank you for your time ❤ And good luck on this journey, the quest for a baby can be quite hard, but I'm sure it's worth it in the end.
(Also apologies for any mistakes or errors, writing on my phone and English isn't my first language)
I’ve been told that it’s likely I have PCOS too - which is strange because I don’t really have any of the symptoms such as excess body hair/weight issues/irregular periods. But my high testosterone/ lack of ovulation/ bad periods also seems to signpost to it. Hoping that I can get on clomid and have a success🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been told that it’s likely I have PCOS too - which is strange because I don’t really have any of the symptoms such as excess body hair/weight issues/irregular periods. But my high testosterone/ lack of ovulation/ bad periods also seems to signpost to it. Hoping that I can get on clomid and have a success🤞🏼
Yeah, my gynaegologist was also surprised when she saw me first. No extra hair, and I'm slim (below average BMI, but otherwise healthy and presence of boobs&butt 😁), but my periods became very irregular and omg the pimples 😳
Bloodwork revealed high testosterone and echo showed classic PCOS ovaries 🤷‍♀️
PCOS is very treatable though, so fingers crossed you'll get that as well!

Joining this too as I’m thinking about TTC early next year. I have been off hormonal contraception for 18 months and tracking my cycle using Natural Cycles since Feb. My cycles have been pretty irregular with a short luteal phase and some months NC doesn’t pick up ovulation at all - obviously that’s only part of the picture but have had quite a stressful year (haven’t we all?!) so chalking it down to that. I got some OPKs the other day and so going to start testing with those too. I wish I could be one of those people who is really chilled about it all but I’m far too type A 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks for starting this thread!

I am TTC for the first time. I came off the pill in September after taking it for 7 years and luckily my periods have gone back to normal straight away.

I’m tracking my cycles on Ovia which is helpful - I feel like I’ve spent my adult life trying not to get pregnant and now suddenly I need to know about cycle lengths and ovulation days 😂

Really interested to read everyone else’s posts because I don’t have any friends in the same boat and we’re not telling anyone we’re trying because I’m worried it might not happen and I don’t want to be questioned about it constantly!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m in my second month of trying. I already have a 6 year old :) but she was conceived when I was taking the mini pill so I’ve never TTC before!

I have been using Flo which I was already using to track periods but i can’t really tell when I’m ovulating 😂 it’s not something I’ve ever given much thought to before!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey TTC no 2! 3rd month trying. Using Easy@Home OPK's & my peak is due any day now. I have chronic folate deficiency & worried that will affect my chances at conceiving.

Really interested to hear everyone else's posts & have somewhere to talk!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My period is due on Monday but trying to stop myself from taking an early test as I know they are not very reliable ... just trying to keep my mind busy with work etc.

• Heart
My period is due on Monday but trying to stop myself from taking an early test as I know they are not very reliable ... just trying to keep my mind busy with work etc.
I was in the same position last week, I didn’t think I would be but built myself up to thinking what if. My period was due on Monday this week and I took a test on Saturday which was negative. I was really disappointed even though we weren’t particularly trying last month so I wasn’t expecting it to be positive anyway!

I’ve decided now not to take any early ones, I was definitely setting myself up for disappointment with that last one.

Fingers crossed for you on Monday though! x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yeah I took a test Monday morning (period due tomorrow) and it was negative and it was a bit devastating. I’ve now learned it’s actually easier to just wait for your period. Far less stressful to be honest.

I was in the same position last week, I didn’t think I would be but built myself up to thinking what if. My period was due on Monday this week and I took a test on Saturday which was negative. I was really disappointed even though we weren’t particularly trying last month so I wasn’t expecting it to be positive anyway!

I’ve decided now not to take any early ones, I was definitely setting myself up for disappointment with that last one.

Fingers crossed for you on Monday though! x
Thank you.
Yes I don’t think I am as I think I’m getting my usual pms symptoms so going to hold back from the tests, I’ve told my boyfriend to hide the ones I have in the bathroom!

Thank you.
Yes I don’t think I am as I think I’m getting my usual pms symptoms so going to hold back from the tests, I’ve told my boyfriend to hide the ones I have in the bathroom!
Fingers crossed for you. x

• Heart
Thanks for setting up this post 😊

I’m 28yo and TTC #1, currently in my 5th cycle of trying. I’d been on BC for 10 years (mainly the implant) so I was pleasantly surprised to see my periods return quickly (I had none when on the implant). They have been a bit whacky but nothing major (28-35 days), but my main issue seems to be my Luteal Phase. I’m using OPK’s to track ovulation and have got a positive each month however my LP has never been over 9 days. I’m taking the pregnacare pre conception multi vitamin and also trying to lose some weight as I know if I end up having to see a doctor after a year of trying (fingers crossed this isn’t the case!) they will just turn me away and tell me to lose weight before they can do anything! I also do worry about PCOS as I think I have excess hair on my face and also my weight has always been an issue.

Sorry for writing war and peace 😂 congratulations if you made it to the end. It’s just nice to have somewhere to splurge all this info as I don’t know anyone in my real life who would want to sit and listen to me go on about it all the time!

Also want to add that I am completely aware that 5 months is nothing compared to what a lot of people go through so I hope I do not come across as insensitive. It’s just nice to have somewhere to share my worries! 😘

Thank you.
I need to get my boyfriend to hide mine too! It’s so tempting but also so disappointing each time. I’m on my 5th cycle this month and have told myself I will not test unless I am late. We’ll see how that goes in a couple of weeks when I’m 10dpo and Googling if I should see a positive result yet 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for setting up this post 😊

I’m 28yo and TTC #1, currently in my 5th cycle of trying. I’d been on BC for 10 years (mainly the implant) so I was pleasantly surprised to see my periods return quickly (I had none when on the implant). They have been a bit whacky but nothing major (28-35 days), but my main issue seems to be my Luteal Phase. I’m using OPK’s to track ovulation and have got a positive each month however my LP has never been over 9 days.
What are OPK’s? Still trying to get used to all the abbreviations 😂

What are OPK’s? Still trying to get used to all the abbreviations 😂
Ovulation Predictor Kit! Haha don’t worry I was the same, I’ve only picked all the abbreviations up from hours of scrolling through forums 😂

Ovulation Predictor Kit! Haha don’t worry I was the same, I’ve only picked all the abbreviations up from hours of scrolling through forums 😂
😂 thank you. Have they been useful? I’m using the Ovia app to track ovulation but I don’t know how accurate it is and I’m worried I’m missing my chances!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.