TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you everyone!! My Christmas wish came true. I’m so lucky and grateful and over the moon. So happy ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi all hope I can join. I'm 28 and ttc number 1 and I'm on cycle 12. I came off the pill after years on it but my periods have come back regular although light. I'm surrounded by pregnant friends and family or they have babies and there are constant scans on social media, the lockdown baby boom really happened!
I stopped doing opks as I found it so stressful and got obsessed, and it didn't work. It hasn't worked since though either 😂
Its so hard sometimes, I got my AF a couple of days ago, a day late and with it being Christmas it just shattered me. I'm trying to see 2021 as a whole new year of hope, but it's hard right now.
I know there are many of you that have been trying far longer, so I know I haven't had it tough but it is hard when hearing 'we only did it the once' 'it only took a couple of months' or that it was an accident when it's something you want so much x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My husband has children already, and Im going to see about having checks after Christmas. I keep being told its normal to take this long which I think it is, but I'm a bit worried as anyone would be I guess.

My husband has children already, and Im going to see about having checks after Christmas. I keep being told its normal to take this long which I think it is, but I'm a bit worried as anyone would be I guess.
Hey, I can relate so much! My periods are light since coming off the pill too and they used to be bad. Was hoping it was just age/good luck, I hope it doesn’t mean anything TTC wise 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I bought a pack of two clear blue early detection tests today. I’m due on Boxing Day and I’m soo tempted to test in the next couple of days... but also worried about doing it in case it is negative. They say they’re pretty accurate for early testing but still 😬

I bought a pack of two clear blue early detection tests today. I’m due on Boxing Day and I’m soo tempted to test in the next couple of days... but also worried about doing it in case it is negative. They say they’re pretty accurate for early testing but still 😬
I was due on Christmas Day and tested last night. But I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t have symptoms. Much easier to get period than negative test to be honest.

Reactions: 3
I was due on Christmas Day and tested last night. But I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t have symptoms. Much easier to get period than negative test to be honest.
If you feel comfortable enough would you mind sharing what symptoms you had?

If you feel comfortable enough would you mind sharing what symptoms you had?
Sure of course. Thursday I had a migraine and felt super nauseous all day. I thought that was just migraine and sickness which I get now and then but Friday no migraine but felt nauseous still. If I thought about food I just felt ill and that’s not like me, I can always eat. Got appetite back Sunday afternoon but felt sick again this morning. Haven’t actually been sick (yet) just queasy. Boobs started feeling a bit sore on Friday and have gradually got worse since. Very sore nipples as well. I do not usually get sore boobs before period, I should mention. Got a bit of pink blood this morning when I wiped and that’s it. Saturday I could feel twinges and like pulling in lower left abdomen all day. Very specific feelings in very specific area.

Unhelpful but I don’t know what day I ovulated exactly. I think 11th-ish so symptoms started about a week after.

Sorry for essay, hope this helps :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Congratulations kitt.
I also think a negative is far worse than the period arriving, my friend doesn't understand that at all!
Hey, I can relate so much! My periods are light since coming off the pill too and they used to be bad. Was hoping it was just age/good luck, I hope it doesn’t mean anything TTC wise 😭
I hope it doesn't mean anything. I kind of thought maybe my body is settling down after taking the pill for so long but then my periods came back right on time and has come every month since so I thought that was a good thing but who knows 😭 I'm never taking the pill again, all the problems it causes. Although I wish I could for my skin. Coming off has given me awful spots.

I know a girl who used only get her period every 6 months or so. I don't know why, but they were very irregular. She noticed weight gain, did a test, turned out shes was 22 wks pregnant. I tit you not. So don't stress about regular cycles!

Sure of course. Thursday I had a migraine and felt super nauseous all day. I thought that was just migraine and sickness which I get now and then but Friday no migraine but felt nauseous still. If I thought about food I just felt ill and that’s not like me, I can always eat. Got appetite back Sunday afternoon but felt sick again this morning. Haven’t actually been sick (yet) just queasy. Boobs started feeling a bit sore on Friday and have gradually got worse since. Very sore nipples as well. I do not usually get sore boobs before period, I should mention. Got a bit of pink blood this morning when I wiped and that’s it. Saturday I could feel twinges and like pulling in lower left abdomen all day. Very specific feelings in very specific area.

Unhelpful but I don’t know what day I ovulated exactly. I think 11th-ish so symptoms started about a week after.

Sorry for essay, hope this helps :)
Thank you for sharing 😄. I keep having pain in my lower abs too but think it’s just my mind playing tricks on me!

Hi, hoping to join in!
I tried for 2 years before going for tests, all showed fine and were down as unexplained infertility!
we’ve done ivf 3 times, fell preg all 3 times but sadly lost the first 2! I now have my toddler boy who is just amazing!
I haven’t read the full thread but my advise would be;
Take folic acid every day
You can track ovulation by discharge (I tried the sticks and didn’t get on with them, personally think it’s abit too much pressure)
Have sex every 2-3 days in your ovulation window which tends to start 10-14 days after period.
you can also check your cervix, to see if it’s open etc, may take few times to find it and understand it, but google this and it’ll explain.
the hardest thing anyone ever said to me was to relax. Whilst I didn’t conceive naturally I know people who said they were stopping ttc and fell preg. And more importantly.... enjoy it!! Sometimes ttc can take the enjoyment out of sex.
sending lots of baby wishing to you all

• Heart
I just took a test and it’s POSITIVE. 😭😭😭😭😭
Yay amazing!!! Congratulations!!!! What lovely news just before Christmas x x

Hi, hoping to join in!
I tried for 2 years before going for tests, all showed fine and were down as unexplained infertility!
we’ve done ivf 3 times, fell preg all 3 times but sadly lost the first 2! I now have my toddler boy who is just amazing!
I haven’t read the full thread but my advise would be;
Take folic acid every day
You can track ovulation by discharge (I tried the sticks and didn’t get on with them, personally think it’s abit too much pressure)
Have sex every 2-3 days in your ovulation window which tends to start 10-14 days after period.
you can also check your cervix, to see if it’s open etc, may take few times to find it and understand it, but google this and it’ll explain.
the hardest thing anyone ever said to me was to relax. Whilst I didn’t conceive naturally I know people who said they were stopping ttc and fell preg. And more importantly.... enjoy it!! Sometimes ttc can take the enjoyment out of sex.
sending lots of baby wishing to you all
thank you for your lovely helpful words! Congratulations on your baby 😘

• Heart
My partner and I started trying to conceive in February and I became utterly obsessed. It can take over your life if you aren’t careful. All I could think of was OPK testing, the couple of days around ovulation and then the TWW. Every month I was on pins looking for the signs that this month had worked. Examining my underwear for signs of an implantation bleed, analysing every twinge and convincing myself that this was our month. I’m now 18 weeks pregnant and what I will say is on the month that I got pregnant I did nothing apart from have some lovely sex! I just thought do you know what if it’s meant to be then it will be. The day I did the test I did it because I simply knew I was pregnant! And I certainly was. I think most women just have that feeling. Symptom wise there was nothing. Certainly none of those things that I’d analysed over the 5/6 months prior to conceiving. I know my journey was short compared to how hard some women have it but it’s all relative and when you want to be pregnant that’s all you can think about. I hope all you ladies on here get your wish soon xx
Laying in bed this morning with pregnancy insomnia I remembered that the month I conceived I’d started taking a new supplement. I was already taking a prenatal, folic acid, 600mg of coq10 and DHA, I’d read the Luissa Zia’s man blog post maybe baby and she recommended the DHA and q10 because it improves egg quality (I’m older at 43 so was open to anything) anyhow the month I did finally conceive I also added in a supplement called calc flor which is said to aid implantation. You take it just in your TWW. Anyhow I just thought I’d mention it and good luck to everyone still on their journey xx

• Heart
There's always that 1 aunt that turns up around Christmas and ruins it 🙄 Oh well, try again next month!

Hope everyone's doing OK!

• Sad
Aunt Flo arrived for me today too 🙄 ah well, at least we can crack open the wine 😂 here’s to next year 🥂

• Sad
  • Heart
Laying in bed this morning with pregnancy insomnia I remembered that the month I conceived I’d started taking a new supplement. I was already taking a prenatal, folic acid, 600mg of coq10 and DHA, I’d read the Luissa Zia’s man blog post maybe baby and she recommended the DHA and q10 because it improves egg quality (I’m older at 43 so was open to anything) anyhow the month I did finally conceive I also added in a supplement called calc flor which is said to aid implantation. You take it just in your TWW. Anyhow I just thought I’d mention it and good luck to everyone still on their journey xx
Thanks for your advice! Congrats to you x x

Hey ❤ Thanks for setting up!
im currently ttc number two
It took us five years for number one and coming into year 3 for number two
Have had three fertility treatments, complimentary therapies over the yeaes

I have stage four endometriosis husband has poor morphology my amh is low and my thyroid out of whack so yea all fun!
i can relate.. we are also trying for our 2nd. Our 1st was conceived on our 2nd round of ivf & we’ve had 2 more rounds since then with no luck. He is nearly 4 & we desperately want to give him a sibling so we will be having 1 more go at IVF before accepting it’s just us 3.

my husband has a low count too. I don’t have any obvious issues but that’s not helped the situation in recent years.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.