TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies that have used ovulation strips, I just need a little advice I feel like even my control line is ridiculously light. Does this look normal or right?
Flo says I should ovulate on Saturday I don’t see it happening in the slightest though.
I went for an ultrasound yesterday and she was like a stone no inclination that everything looked right or not I just have to wait for the gp to call me 🤦🏼‍♀️View attachment 431360
I didn't get a gradual lead up. I was convinced I was going to see a positive line but on the day my app predicted ovulation my levels rocketed, they were high in the morning on the first test and even higher on the afternoon during my second test. I thought it would be gradual but I just had one day of high 😊

So I was absolutely convinced that I ovulated this cycle and we timed sec perfectly for when I thought that I ovulated, and was expecting my OvuSense to confirm ovulation today and my temperature dipped so ovulation isn’t confirmed. I’m a fairly regular 28/29 day cycle gal, and today is CD20, so there’s no chance I’m yet to ovulate. Gutted.

Now I just want my period to arrive so we can start again!

hi all ! I had no idea this thread existed

We are currently about cycle 5 into trying for our second child , our son is 19 months old and was a very happy accident so we very naively thought that we’d get pregnant instantly with our second .. I am trying to be relaxed about it all and know these things can take time but I’m thinking of trying natural cycles or something like that to help us along.. at the mo I just use clue to track my periods& have done since my son was born and my cycle went back to normal (I didn’t breastfeed) .. has anyone used temp check apps etc ?

Reactions: 1
When I was using them, I didn’t get a gradual increase - just a sudden high result on my peak day. In the lead up to it I was wondering if I was actually going to ovulate because I assumed it would get higher and higher in the lead up.

The control line on the bottom one does look light though. Which app are you using? I used Premom and you had to get the box with the lines right up close for it to be able to read it properly. I always took mine in the same place, same time and same lighting too which seemed to help
I was trying to get the lines the length of the strip on the camera so it mustn’t have been picking up properly maybe.
I’m using the Femometer app cause they’re the strips I got but i think when these run out I’m going to try premom

I didn't get a gradual lead up. I was convinced I was going to see a positive line but on the day my app predicted ovulation my levels rocketed, they were high in the morning on the first test and even higher on the afternoon during my second test. I thought it would be gradual but I just had one day of high 😊
Thank you! I thought it would be a slow increase throughout your cycle!
I don’t know whether to start testing twice a day this weekend with it being 2 weeks into my cycle, if ovulation is as regular as my period here’s hoping!

Ladies that have used ovulation strips, I just need a little advice I feel like even my control line is ridiculously light. Does this look normal or right?
Flo says I should ovulate on Saturday I don’t see it happening in the slightest though.
I went for an ultrasound yesterday and she was like a stone no inclination that everything looked right or not I just have to wait for the gp to call me 🤦🏼‍♀️View attachment 431360
I tried strips for the first time this month was using cb digital before. I was also expecting a gradual increase in lines as my cycle is very regular and I know I ovulate on day 14. I didn’t get anything until the morning of ovulation then got the 2 dark lines. The next day it was just faint line and now it’s gone back to no line!

• Heart
I was trying to get the lines the length of the strip on the camera so it mustn’t have been picking up properly maybe.
I’m using the Femometer app cause they’re the strips I got but i think when these run out I’m going to try premom

Thank you! I thought it would be a slow increase throughout your cycle!
I don’t know whether to start testing twice a day this weekend with it being 2 weeks into my cycle, if ovulation is as regular as my period here’s hoping!
I think you can use the Premom app with other brands of OPKs too... might be worth a look just to see if you get a different reading x

Having a real meh day today. I’m finding lockdown really tough this time around and with ttc on top of that it’s hard! Last night I FaceTimed my best friend and she told me she was 9 weeks pregnant with her second. Both times she has conceived the first month trying. She’s been my best friend since school and I’m so happy for her, she’s a great mum. But I felt awful because I just cried when she told me. I feel like such a brat that my first though was “when will it be my turn”. I’m feeling like I stole her thunder and she must have been buzzing to tell me and I ruined it. On top of that I got married in December so at work people keep asking “how’s married life, are you pregnant yet?”. I work with mainly men so they have no idea. I know they mean well but I find it really hard to just smile and laugh.
Don’t really know the point of this post think I just needed somewhere to write it all down! When I talk to my friends/family they just don’t really get it. I just get “it will happen”, “just relax and don’t think about it”.
I’m due AF next weekend and feel teary today so god knows what I’ll be like next week 😅.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When I was using them, I didn’t get a gradual increase - just a sudden high result on my peak day. In the lead up to it I was wondering if I was actually going to ovulate because I assumed it would get higher and higher in the lead up.

The control line on the bottom one does look light though. Which app are you using? I used Premom and you had to get the box with the lines right up close for it to be able to read it properly. I always took mine in the same place, same time and same lighting too which seemed to help
I agree that the photos seem to be taken too far away from the strips to be able to properly determine the ratio between the test and control line but I am not sure which app is being used so I am not sure of the instructions given there.

Just like @Lulu Goss I use Premom and they have quite specific instructions on how to take the photo as well as (imo) clear instructions which makes my life easier. I'll attach photos from my last cycle and current cycle of using OPKs, I had to change the lightbulb in my bathroom between cycles so you can also see the difference in lighting, although it's only a difference of a soft and warm light and I saw that this had little to no effect on my photos of the test strips.

Some people have a sudden surge of LH and some people have a gradual surge, I fall into the latter category which you can see from my tests as well. But the only way I was able to see this was by testing at around the same time every day and twice a day as I was nearing my potential fertile period. I'd recommend testing twice a day as well until you have more knowledge about your own cycle so you know when you are usually reaching your fertile period x

You'll also see that between two cycles my fertile periods take place under different days of the cycle, your body isn't a machine so you might ovulate later than you might expect. Just keep testing, I know it can be frustrating, I only calm down once I see my high and peak levels 😅

D79E5EEC-3AB5-4128-BCD5-52BB9E069F4A.png

3572FD7B-7903-47C9-A5E8-E8880F94B11E.png

• Heart
Having a real meh day today. I’m finding lockdown really tough this time around and with ttc on top of that it’s hard! Last night I FaceTimed my best friend and she told me she was 9 weeks pregnant with her second. Both times she has conceived the first month trying. She’s been my best friend since school and I’m so happy for her, she’s a great mum. But I felt awful because I just cried when she told me. I feel like such a brat that my first though was “when will it be my turn”. I’m feeling like I stole her thunder and she must have been buzzing to tell me and I ruined it. On top of that I got married in December so at work people keep asking “how’s married life, are you pregnant yet?”. I work with mainly men so they have no idea. I know they mean well but I find it really hard to just smile and laugh.
Don’t really know the point of this post think I just needed somewhere to write it all down! When I talk to my friends/family they just don’t really get it. I just get “it will happen”, “just relax and don’t think about it”.
I’m due AF next weekend and feel teary today so god knows what I’ll be like next week 😅.
Oh love I hope you're okay ❤ It's difficult ttc at the best of times but when someone announces their pregnancy it can feel like a kick in the teeth. Don't feel awful about your reaction it's natural, did she know you are trying? This lockdown and ttc is SO HARD x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I agree it’s an obsession as there’s nothing else going on.
Makes you stir crazy always waiting for period, fertility windows, TWW. Also I don’t know about anyone else but for me during lockdown was the perfect time to get a baby as my life has slowed down immensely.
I find TWW the hardest as any sign my body gives I record as pregnancy. I’ve now decided for myself this month that no sign is a sign. As my first pregnancy my symptoms showed at 6 weeks. I didn’t realise I was pregnant and when I done one pregnancy test at around 4 weeks it was negative.
It’s lovely there’s a lot of ladies who understand and when someone announced their pregnancy I’m so happy as I feel there’s hope. Just May take longer then anticipated .
Wishing you luck your baby is coming soon.
Play meditation music I’m going to try this month🙊🙊
❤☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I agree that the photos seem to be taken too far away from the strips to be able to properly determine the ratio between the test and control line but I am not sure which app is being used so I am not sure of the instructions given there.

Just like @Lulu Goss I use Premom and they have quite specific instructions on how to take the photo as well as (imo) clear instructions which makes my life easier. I'll attach photos from my last cycle and current cycle of using OPKs, I had to change the lightbulb in my bathroom between cycles so you can also see the difference in lighting, although it's only a difference of a soft and warm light and I saw that this had little to no effect on my photos of the test strips.

Some people have a sudden surge of LH and some people have a gradual surge, I fall into the latter category which you can see from my tests as well. But the only way I was able to see this was by testing at around the same time every day and twice a day as I was nearing my potential fertile period. I'd recommend testing twice a day as well until you have more knowledge about your own cycle so you know when you are usually reaching your fertile period x

You'll also see that between two cycles my fertile periods take place under different days of the cycle, your body isn't a machine so you might ovulate later than you might expect. Just keep testing, I know it can be frustrating, I only calm down once I see my high and peak levels 😅

View attachment 432165

View attachment 432166
Thank you! I’m going to start testing twice a day from today & track it on the premom app and Femometer app and see how they compare.
I was trying to get the full strip in the line cause I thought that’s what I needed to do but now I’ll take it closer. I didn’t realise there was so much to think about!
@Dipdab I think feelings of jealousy are completely normal! Another girl on my Facebook announced her second pregnant this week and I was the same, how is it fair they have a child already and I haven’t had my first yet.
Our time will come once lockdowns over hopefully it’ll be easier to avoid thinking about it! x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you! I’m going to start testing twice a day from today & track it on the premom app and Femometer app and see how they compare.
I was trying to get the full strip in the line cause I thought that’s what I needed to do but now I’ll take it closer. I didn’t realise there was so much to think about!
@Dipdab I think feelings of jealousy are completely normal! Another girl on my Facebook announced her second pregnant this week and I was the same, how is it fair they have a child already and I haven’t had my first yet.
Our time will come once lockdowns over hopefully it’ll be easier to avoid thinking about it! x
Agreed it’s a stab in the heart when you see others announce! I just try to remember that most of the time you have no idea how long it took them or what they went through. I’ve seen people have babies and been jealous then later found out they tried for years and had to have IVF that cost them thousands. Or lost two babies before their rainbow. If (or when I hope) I get to have my second, I know at least some people I know will be upset- like I am now- they won’t know the struggles I’ve had! Medical condition, months of trying but telling yourself you’re not ‘officially’ trying so it’s less upsetting when it’s been over a year if no contraception and still nothing, a looming fertility referral where i’m pretty sure i won’t be offered anything due to my weight, long cycles meaning instead of a two week wait we all hate it’s 50 days for me to wait between possible ovulations. I so wish that I could get a shot every month! And having a baby already brings with it a whole other host of feelings- you’re so grateful you have your wonderful child, guilty you feel you need more, that they aren’t enough to complete your family, guilty you can’t give them a brother or a sister, and that during lockdown they’ve been so alone. When baby number 2 comes- I feel so sad knowing some women will have their heart break a little, and even worse will be the assumptions that it was easy. For that reason I’m pretty sure I’ll be making no social media announcements or posts, and no big fanfare in the family..for anyone with these struggles it is such a lonely journey. Little groups like this help so much 💜

• Heart
Oh my people! I've been trying off and on for no. 1 since 2014. I have low AMH and gay to boot, so the odds are really stacked against me. This week, my donor could only do up to the 9th and I expected ovulation on the 10th so thought that'd be great timing, but no my body is still showing up positive OPKs. Just sick of it all. Meanwhile two people at work are pregnant with "accidents" :|

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone just wanted to say thank you for your lovely messages of support. This group is amazing and it really means a lot to have somewhere to speak how I’m feeling without judgement. So thank you again ❤ hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
well it’s ovulation day. (I’ve read a lot about people getting pregnant the cycle after a chemical so I’m praying and hoping but we’ll see). 🤞🏻

• Heart
Got my hopes up this month, period was late. I’m regular as clockwork. Just as I was starting to think this might be it AF showed up and put an end to that....
Chased up my referral to the fertility clinic but like everything it’s being delayed by covid, so could be another few months. Asked about paying for private tests etc but they’re not taking any private referrals at the moment because covid and it’s the only clinic in the area.
Feeling so low about it, time isn’t on our side and every month that passes I start to think that maybe it’s just not meant to be. My OH already had two kids so he’s not as bothered about it as me and keeps saying we’ll keep trying but I’m not sure I can deal with the disappointment every month. Just feels a bit lonely at the moment, if that makes sense

Got my hopes up this month, period was late. I’m regular as clockwork. Just as I was starting to think this might be it AF showed up and put an end to that....
Chased up my referral to the fertility clinic but like everything it’s being delayed by covid, so could be another few months. Asked about paying for private tests etc but they’re not taking any private referrals at the moment because covid and it’s the only clinic in the area.
Feeling so low about it, time isn’t on our side and every month that passes I start to think that maybe it’s just not meant to be. My OH already had two kids so he’s not as bothered about it as me and keeps saying we’ll keep trying but I’m not sure I can deal with the disappointment every month. Just feels a bit lonely at the moment, if that makes sense
Hope you're okay, ttc is so lonely even when you KNOW there's so many people in the same boat. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the fertility clinic xx

8 dpo today and feeling a bit nauseous and have some cramping every now and then, but nothing too bad. On one hand I'm convinced this is the month, but on the other I'm also scared to get my hopes up. Because if AF arrives, I'll come crashing down.
Why is this such a rollercoaster 😔

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone 🤞❤

Reactions: 3
8 dpo today and feeling a bit nauseous and have some cramping every now and then, but nothing too bad. On one hand I'm convinced this is the month, but on the other I'm also scared to get my hopes up. Because if AF arrives, I'll come crashing down.
Why is this such a rollercoaster 😔

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone 🤞❤
I’m 8dpo too and felt a bit sick this morning but I think it’s nerves in the run up to AF. I’m trying not to over analyse any twinges and cramps but that’s easier said than done!

Fingers crossed for you too 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.