Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Those that keep bleating ‘should skip Charles for William’ just irritate me. I’m happy for Camilla, she’s settled well into the RF and has taken on some good causes, no fuss and everyone who meets her says she’s hardworking and down to earth. I don’t think things were as bad as the press reported back in the ‘there we’re three in the marriage says’. Diana did many good things but she also had many lovers and was incredibly manipulative and used the press when it suited. I don’t condone adultery but feel they were pushed into marrying each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

50sGirl

VIP Member
The Queen had a lot more support than Joe Bloggs ever did.
She could have had family sit with her even a metre away. Sorry don't buy it.
Totally agree all for show

gree
I suppose I’d be considered “Joe Bloggs” in this example.
We had to have a lockdown funeral for my Dad.
I can only speak for myself, but it DID make a difference to me that The Queen chose to sit alone for her husband’s funeral. It showed that she understood that the public had to do it for their loved ones so she wanted to do the same.
Even if it was “for show” (which I don't believe it was) she still sat alone for the funeral of her dear husband, which can’t have been easy.
Yes, she has had a life of immense privilege but, on that day, she was just a wife mourning the loss of her beloved husband under the gaze of the entire world.
I didn’t have my Dad’s funeral “live-streamed” for those who couldn’t attend because I didn't want others watching my grief - The Queen didn’t have that choice.
Sitting alone was the respectful thing to do and I appreciated it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
Charles and Camilla are way more compatible than him and Diana ever were and I fully believe that their marriage would have ended anyway, regardless of Camilla. Neither handed their part gracefully, however Camilla seems to have the patience of a saint with all the accusation she still is facing to this day. Yes, she had an affair with a married man. But that married man also had an affair and I don't see as many people blaming him. Plus Diana also obviously had affairs (multiple ones, also to married men).
Couldn't agree more! It's obvious to anyone that Charles and Diana were never a match, not in a million years. Everyone at the time clearly got swept up in the fairytale of it all. And I get that, William and Catherine's wedding was a wonderful occasion, I loved all of it, so I can imagine the royal wedding of C&D being such a huge event. However, Charles and Camilla were clearly the more suited couple, and the longevity of their marriage is testament to that. No one in the situation over the 80's and 90's covered themselves in glory, however, people are human and I wouldn't want to be in their situation for anything. Camilla herself was in a very unhappy marriage and afterwards had to keep a low profile because of the horrific press and public abuse she got. William and Harry seem to have accepted Camilla as their father's wife (and position in the royal family) for a very long time, if they don't have a problem with their father marrying Camilla then I don't see why anyone else should either. She's done a huge amount of charity and public work since marrying Charles, and never a single complaint. She knew she was marrying into a life of duty and has been an excellent consort. I think it's excellent to see Her Majesty make such a public declaration of support for Camilla, many members of the public need to let go of the past and follow Her Majesty's gracious example.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Harry has a habit of drawing attention to himself when there's a spotlight on other royals...then they imply they are thrown under the bus to keep negative press away from the others.

I suspect Harry will never be happy.

His sense of self importance is astounding. It's a pity his self awareness isn't at the same level.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

President_Butthead

I subscribe to Private Eye they have a regular column "Court Circular" which publishes stories about Royal Life on an "anonymous" basis. They detail the recent defenestration of Prince Andrew.

Their source is most likely a gossipy senior royal family employee. You should know that Private Eye has a code for the Royals Brenda=HMQE2, Brian=PC. The text and column are from EYE 1565 The 'spin' on this story if there is any is that William had no compunction is despatching Uncle Andrew, where "weak" Prince Charles was more equivocal

COURT CIRCULAR
PRINCE WILLIAM's victory over Uncle Andrew is complete. Despite attempts by Team Brian to spin last week's sacking as his own doing, it was his eldest son who again struck the final blow.
In 2019 it was the second in line who pressed Brenda into exiling Andrew after his fateful Newsnight encounter with Emily Maitlis – rather than Brian, who was overseas and had approved the interview idea in the first place (Eve 1510). And with his father away, it was William who was at Windsor last week when advance news arrived that Andrew had failed to get Virginia Giuffre's case against him thrown out.
It had been no coincidence that William and Kate had their first private Cambridge-only Christmas Day last month rather than take their children to sit at the same table as the friend of a convicted paedophile whose former confidante was on trial for sex trafficking.
Andrew, whose entitled style of royalty and treatment of commoner Kate when she arrived on the scene still riles William, saw none of this coming. He remained convinced the Newsnight interview, though uncomfortable, had cleared his name and that he had handled Maitlis well, until summoned by his mother to be told otherwise. That, it turns out, was just phase one of Operation York.
Brenda, always loyal to her second son, had assumed his exile would be temporary. Andrew expected his mother would allow him back to a semi-royal life. As the stalemate stretched beyond two years, his mother feared taking further action against him would imply she now thought him guilty.
It was Judge Lewis A Kaplan who gave Brenda the get-out clause by giving Andrew no option but to face the judicial music. Courtiers knew they had to seize the moment but were unsure how to approach Brenda about it. Fortunately for them, William was at Windsor to conduct an investiture, and with the backing of the rest of his family took control, persuading his granny that she had to sign off phase two of Operation York.
It wasn't meant to have happened like it did. It had been expected Andrew would stand aside from his military roles and royal patronages himself, sparing Brenda from having to sack him. Instead there followed 24 hours of wrangling
The showdown came when Andrew went to Windsor Castle to plead his case personally with his mum. But this was no private audience - officials were present, and despite a request by Andrew that they leave the room, they remained. Documents detailing what military roles and patronages were being removed were handed to
Andrew, but it was made clear his signature wasn't required. And he was shown the cold, terse statement that was to be issued to show his downfall was complete.
His HRH is gone, but not formally removed, meaning Andrew can still use the title on his tombstone. One concession he was allowed was for this aspect of his disgrace to be removed from the formal notice issued by the palace. For now, his position in the line of succession and his dukedom remain unchanged, mainly because they require legislation to change. He can still fly his personal standard and retain the many
gongs Brenda has given him. But Andrew has been left in no doubt that Operation York has a phase three ready to be activated if he doesn't clear his name in New York. And he really won't like that.
'Flunkey'

pjimage.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
They are both non working Royals and now private citizens. They both still have their Dukedom's

The difference is Harry is a whiny, woke dickhead and Andrew is hanging around with peadophiles and sex traffickers.
Give me a whiny woke dickhead over a paedophile though any day

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Camilla has been subject to this constant barrage of nastiness for 30 years- ish. She’s never been anything but gracious. She’s been married to Charles twice as long as he was to Diana. It’s time to move on.

Reactions: 31

Reraciara

Chatty Member
How have they removed PA’s titles yet Prince Harry has retained his? This is not a dig I am just wondering how the losing of one’s titles works
Becuase Harry isn't being accused of being a sex offender or mates with a convicted paedophile and sex trafficker. Simple.

Don't worry Andrew is still in comfort at the Palace with royal protection with his military titles if you're that worried about him

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
For me, the point about the Queen is that she chose not to appear above the law. A lot of the Royal mystique is about the symbolism - she knew what people were going through with funerals for their own loved ones, and therefore she couldn't be seen to be doing less than what other people did. And she was right.

Compare and contrast with those cunts in govt...

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Eureka

VIP Member
They do the absolute minimum. Doing the rounds of a charity in their designer threads and then going back to a life of privilege does not make them good people no matter how friendly or chatty they’re being. I can’t believe people still buy into the PR. They are tone deaf and completely useless and yet still get fawned over while the people doing the real charity grunt work are expected to grovel after them. Makes me sick tbh.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I don't give a damn if number 10 had parties the night before the queen had a funeral for her husband that had a performing bands and live singers and was a televised event.
I don't forgive that number 10 had parties where the rest of didn't, where we had zoom videos for funerals, where we couldn't go to hospitals to say goodbye, where people were threatened by police for mourning, where we simply couldn't even say goodbye with dignity.
I thought I'd get a get a response like that but I posted it because I think it is a very powerful image . TQ was a symbol of what everyone going through at that time. Someone who had lost a loved one and was unable to mourn properly with her family. She sat on her own. TQ did what the rest of the country had to do and go through but she did it very publicly. The country was in mourning and Downing Street didn't give a toss.

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
Prince Andrew is awful and deserves almost all he has coming, but he doesn't deserve to be the only fall guy. How is America not raising questions about Clinton, Trump etc. They all have proven links.

Reactions: 28

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Charles and Camilla are way more compatible than him and Diana ever were and I fully believe that their marriage would have ended anyway, regardless of Camilla. Neither handed their part gracefully, however Camilla seems to have the patience of a saint with all the accusation she still is facing to this day. Yes, she had an affair with a married man. But that married man also had an affair and I don't see as many people blaming him. Plus Diana also obviously had affairs (multiple ones, also to married men).

Reactions: 26

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Diana was definitely no saint. She broke up Will and Julia Carling's marriage. She was happy to go after married men, these married men were obviously at fault too.

• Wow
Reactions: 26

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Camilla has more than earned her stripes. She must really love Charles to put up the abuse she has had to endure all these years. Meghan moans about being vilified, she has no idea.

Reactions: 25

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I don’t think it matters who stepped out first. You can be very much checked out of your relationship and emotional unfaithful and that’s just as bad. These two never had a chance. Both were unfaithful in the end. Cheating is just a massive sign there are serious problems in your relationship. Either you work it out or you don’t. Charles and Diana were beyond repair even before they married.
I wouldn’t even be surprised if they felt they tried. But it got pretty clear quickly they have very different ideas of fun and recreation, how to fill their roles and what kind of marriage they aspired. They were utterly unsuited. They got two sons out of it, so I don’t think there are massive regrets about this detour.
Neither is a victim nor a villain. That’s just life. Both have very good traits and strong flaws. The only one that really got the short stick is Camilla. She was and still is sometimes abused by the media and publicly on a disgusting level. In such a degrading personal way- unmatched if you ask me.

• Heart
Reactions: 25