The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camilla got it from the papers. Meghan gets it far more regularly from the papers and social media. Piers Morgan is back to writing about Harry every single day for The Sun now
Camilla is still getting it to this day. You can see just by some of the comments being made about the news she is to be Queen consort.

Reactions: 12
Camilla is still getting it to this day. You can see just by some of the comments being made about the news she is to be Queen consort.
Ironically, much of it coming from the Meghan stans. The "kindness" they preach doesn't extend to rich old white ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
And of course there will always be folks who hate Camilla because of Diana, have to admit I'm a massive Di fan but Camilla has grown on me. That woman was called everything in the press it never appeared to phase her.

Reactions: 18
Ironically, much of it coming from the Meghan stans. The "kindness" they preach doesn't extend to rich old white ladies.
Absolutely. :rolleyes:

'That woman is disgusting. If it wasn't for her then Diana would be queen.' .... that's just one comment I've read one minute ago. No she wouldn't. The marriage was breaking down before it even started. Charles was jealous of Diana. They were completely incompatible. They spent as little time together as possible. They both had affairs. Diana with numerous partners, usually married and Charles with Camilla. I actually believe Diana would have left Charles eventually anyway.

Reactions: 13

'That woman is disgusting. If it wasn't for her then Diana would be queen.' .... that's just one comment I've read one minute ago. No she wouldn't. The marriage was breaking down before it even started. Charles was jealous of Diana. They were completely incompatible. They spent as little time together as possible. They both had affairs. Diana with numerous partners, usually married and Charles with Camilla. I actually believe Diana would have left Charles eventually anyway.
I just saw these few. The first one has #KindnessIsFree in their bio. They don't want Camilla to become Queen as she is a white adulterer, but they wanted Diana to become Queen, who was also a white adulterer :unsure:. Interesting logic.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Camilla has been subject to this constant barrage of nastiness for 30 years- ish. She’s never been anything but gracious. She’s been married to Charles twice as long as he was to Diana. It’s time to move on.

Reactions: 31
I feel sorry for the woman. However much she appears unphased, it must sting.

Reactions: 20
Charles and Camilla are way more compatible than him and Diana ever were and I fully believe that their marriage would have ended anyway, regardless of Camilla. Neither handed their part gracefully, however Camilla seems to have the patience of a saint with all the accusation she still is facing to this day. Yes, she had an affair with a married man. But that married man also had an affair and I don't see as many people blaming him. Plus Diana also obviously had affairs (multiple ones, also to married men).

Reactions: 26
Charles and Camilla are way more compatible than him and Diana ever were and I fully believe that their marriage would have ended anyway, regardless of Camilla. Neither handed their part gracefully, however Camilla seems to have the patience of a saint with all the accusation she still is facing to this day. Yes, she had an affair with a married man. But that married man also had an affair and I don't see as many people blaming him. Plus Diana also obviously had affairs (multiple ones, also to married men).
Couldn't agree more! It's obvious to anyone that Charles and Diana were never a match, not in a million years. Everyone at the time clearly got swept up in the fairytale of it all. And I get that, William and Catherine's wedding was a wonderful occasion, I loved all of it, so I can imagine the royal wedding of C&D being such a huge event. However, Charles and Camilla were clearly the more suited couple, and the longevity of their marriage is testament to that. No one in the situation over the 80's and 90's covered themselves in glory, however, people are human and I wouldn't want to be in their situation for anything. Camilla herself was in a very unhappy marriage and afterwards had to keep a low profile because of the horrific press and public abuse she got. William and Harry seem to have accepted Camilla as their father's wife (and position in the royal family) for a very long time, if they don't have a problem with their father marrying Camilla then I don't see why anyone else should either. She's done a huge amount of charity and public work since marrying Charles, and never a single complaint. She knew she was marrying into a life of duty and has been an excellent consort. I think it's excellent to see Her Majesty make such a public declaration of support for Camilla, many members of the public need to let go of the past and follow Her Majesty's gracious example.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Diana would have 100% left because she never truly loved him, not that he loved her, but she was having affairs so early on the only thing to keep her would have been the title of Queen, I don’t think even her children could have kept her wandering eye and lust for men. From what I’ve read it appears Charles carried on the Camilla affair until they got married but was faithful until the marriage was beyond repair. But Diana was having a relationship with a security guard pretty early in the 80s and had multiple others throughout the marriage. The one thing Hollywood needs no more of is another Diana film but I’d welcome one if it showed that side of the story as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There will be no one like the queen. I think the RF and monarchy has had its day in modern society. They all have plenty of money and after the queen dies I think that should be it. Make Buckingham palace a tourist attraction and taxpayers budget for the RF should be used towards better things that will benefit average people instead.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think it matters who stepped out first. You can be very much checked out of your relationship and emotional unfaithful and that’s just as bad. These two never had a chance. Both were unfaithful in the end. Cheating is just a massive sign there are serious problems in your relationship. Either you work it out or you don’t. Charles and Diana were beyond repair even before they married.
I wouldn’t even be surprised if they felt they tried. But it got pretty clear quickly they have very different ideas of fun and recreation, how to fill their roles and what kind of marriage they aspired. They were utterly unsuited. They got two sons out of it, so I don’t think there are massive regrets about this detour.
Neither is a victim nor a villain. That’s just life. Both have very good traits and strong flaws. The only one that really got the short stick is Camilla. She was and still is sometimes abused by the media and publicly on a disgusting level. In such a degrading personal way- unmatched if you ask me.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
There will be no one like the queen. I think the RF and monarchy has had its day in modern society. They all have plenty of money and after the queen dies I think that should be it. Make Buckingham palace a tourist attraction and taxpayers budget for the RF should be used towards better things that will benefit average people instead.
I think Buckingham Palace as a tourist attraction is already going to happen - Charles doesn't intend to live there, he'll use a small suite of rooms as an office and it'll be used for entertaining heads of state etc., but I'm sure I read the plan is for it to be open to the public the rest of the time.

Reactions: 6
I think Buckingham Palace as a tourist attraction is already going to happen - Charles doesn't intend to live there, he'll use a small suite of rooms as an office and it'll be used for entertaining heads of state etc., but I'm sure I read the plan is for it to be open to the public the rest of the time.
Yes it is a tourist attraction but maybe more accessible to tourists where they the RF can profit more directly from it and can become completely financially independent from taxpayers. I just think because of recent events and conspiracy theories surrounding the RF and their aides, it’s had its day in modern society. Some of it seems very out of touch and self entitled. It will be very odd when the queen disappears off money, stamps etc and I just think no one will be able to match to her. It won’t be the same.

Reactions: 3
I doubt it, the upper classes do not posses the same emotional make up as ordinary people. They are cold and ruthless.
Bit of a sweeping generalisation there. By that logical the ruthless upper classes could call the ordinary people as mawkish, unresilient and ruled by their emotions based on the public reaction to Diana's death

Reactions: 10
It will be very odd when the queen disappears off money, stamps etc and I just think no one will be able to match to her. It won’t be the same.
That is because it is only a small minority who have lived with another monarch in the country. It will be hard to adjust to Charles being King as he has been Prince of Wales for so long.

Reactions: 7
Diana would have 100% left because she never truly loved him, not that he loved her, but she was having affairs so early on the only thing to keep her would have been the title of Queen, I don’t think even her children could have kept her wandering eye and lust for men. From what I’ve read it appears Charles carried on the Camilla affair until they got married but was faithful until the marriage was beyond repair. But Diana was having a relationship with a security guard pretty early in the 80s and had multiple others throughout the marriage. The one thing Hollywood needs no more of is another Diana film but I’d welcome one if it showed that side of the story as well.
I think Diana was in love with the idea of being in love and with the idealised person she thought Charles was.
To be ‘suitable’ she had to change everything about herself and pretend to like things she really didn‘t … which is never going to be a solid foundation.
I think Charles just thought she was suitable and that they could come to an ‘Understanding’ after the requisite Heir and Spare. Just that no one thought to run that by Diana, either

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there. By that logical the ruthless upper classes could call the ordinary people as mawkish, unresilient and ruled by their emotions based on the public reaction to Diana's death
To be fair, that’s not just the upper classes, is it?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.