The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh wow, why did she relinquish it?
Not sure, though perhaps it was to do with the rush of common feeling at the end of WW2, the fact that she married a younger son of an earl (like Princess Alexandra) and perhaps she felt her life would be easier without all the trappings of royalty. She was still considered a member of the royal family, was amongst the princesses at coronations, and so on though.

Interesting fact: her sister Margaret of Connaught married Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden to become Crown Princess Margareta. Sadly she died of sepsis aged only 38 in 1920, leaving five children and was eight months pregnant with her sixth. King Carl Gustav of Sweden, Queen Margrethe of Denmark (who shares her nickname of Daisy) and Queen Anne Marie of Greece are her grandchildren. Her widower married Louise Mountbatten, Prince Philip's aunt, in 1923 and she later became Queen Consort; sadly, they only had a stillborn daughter. Margaret’s daughter Ingrid took Margaret’s wedding veil to Denmark when she married Crown Prince Frederik and all her female descendants have worn it since, plus the current Crown Princess Mary. In addition, both Margaret and Patricia wore matching gold bangles and Margaret gave Ingrid one too for her fifth birthday; all of Ingrid's female descendants wear an identical gold bangle on their left wrist. Have a look next time you see pictures of Margrethe, Benedicte, Anne-Marie and the latter two's daughters. Princesses Isabella, Josephine and Athena, daughters of Margrethe's two sons, also have a bangle.

She chose to be styled as Lady Ramsay, to be equal with her husband, but in terms of precedence and rank at events was considered a princess. She was interesting; ahead of her time in many things.
She wasn't Lady Ramsay until much later when her husband was knighted, like Tim Lawrence. She was Lady Patricia.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm sure HM will support Andrew financially.

I think he is scum but I also think he is stupid and had no clue Virginia was trafficked; she was legal - so he thought, this is fine! if they did sleep together. Seems like Virgina goes after Andrew as it is an easier hit than the other men involved in abusing these girls.

I want them all to pay but the obsessive focus on Andrew who already paid her off is weird. What about all the other subhuman scumbags who abused these girls, Virginia included?

Reactions: 9
I'm sure HM will support Andrew financially.

I think he is scum but I also think he is stupid and had no clue Virginia was trafficked; she was legal - so he thought, this is fine! if they did sleep together. Seems like Virgina goes after Andrew as it is an easier hit than the other men involved in abusing these girls.

I want them all to pay but the obsessive focus on Andrew who already paid her off is weird. What about all the other subhuman scumbags who abused these girls, Virginia included?
It is so weird that nobody else is going to be charged with anything. Was Andrew just the only person dumb enough to pose for a photo?

I don't know what Andrew did or didn't do but if 2 of my friends in their 30s/40s constantly had different teenage girls hanging around with them, even traveling abroad with them, then I would be majorly suspicious.

Reactions: 13
I'm not sure the public will forgive this one ....

I don't give a damn if number 10 had parties the night before the queen had a funeral for her husband that had a performing bands and live singers and was a televised event.
I don't forgive that number 10 had parties where the rest of didn't, where we had zoom videos for funerals, where we couldn't go to hospitals to say goodbye, where people were threatened by police for mourning, where we simply couldn't even say goodbye with dignity.

Reactions: 17
But did she really wish to relinquish it or did it to save her family face for marrying a commoner?
Both Princess Louise, daughter of Queen Victoria, and Princess Louise of Wales, Patricia's cousin, also married commoners but those were eldest sons with a title. Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll was an artist. Princess Louise of Wales became the Duchess of Fife (upgraded from Earl of Fife to Duke for the wedding!) and later Princess Royal; her two daughters were given the title of Princess and the elder inherited the dukedom as Duchess in her own right.

Reactions: 4
I don't give a damn if number 10 had parties the night before the queen had a funeral for her husband that had a performing bands and live singers and was a televised event.
I don't forgive that number 10 had parties where the rest of didn't, where we had zoom videos for funerals, where we couldn't go to hospitals to say goodbye, where people were threatened by police for mourning, where we simply couldn't even say goodbye with dignity.
I thought I'd get a get a response like that but I posted it because I think it is a very powerful image . TQ was a symbol of what everyone going through at that time. Someone who had lost a loved one and was unable to mourn properly with her family. She sat on her own. TQ did what the rest of the country had to do and go through but she did it very publicly. The country was in mourning and Downing Street didn't give a toss.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I thought I'd get a get a response like that but I posted it because I think it is a very powerful image . TQ was a symbol of what everyone going through at that time. Someone who had lost a loved one and was unable to mourn properly with her family. She sat on her own. TQ did what the rest of the country had to do and go through but she did it very publicly. The country was in mourning and Downing Street didn't give a toss.
The Queen had a lot more support than Joe Bloggs ever did.
She could have had family sit with her even a metre away. Sorry don't buy it.

It is so weird that nobody else is going to be charged with anything. Was Andrew just the only person dumb enough to pose for a photo?

I don't know what Andrew did or didn't do but if 2 of my friends in their 30s/40s constantly had different teenage girls hanging around with them, even traveling abroad with them, then I would be majorly suspicious.
Slightly less suspicious if she’s introduced as a masseuse or an employee , rather than a friend though.

Slightly less suspicious if she’s introduced as a masseuse or an employee , rather than a friend though.
Ya an older man traveling the world with a teenage masseuse isn't suspicious at all.

Reactions: 17
I am not sure if HMTQ will pick up his bills just like that. She might hand out part of his inheritance a bit earlier so he can for himself. And you would think he inherited some wealth through his father.
I also don’t think there is any chance he can get his charities or honorary military titles back. Even if he wins the case. They waited very much till the last minute before it looks like they only had to because he was found guilty. I think the case will definitely bring up some bad details- and while it might not be enough to make V win, forever tarnish him even more. They probably got an idea what she was about to claim and what details she might share and decided it was going to be bad enough. Or maybe those who wanted this from the start finally found an ear. Also, the Military personal has finally publicly put some pressure on them to get rid of him. They will do the same if he was about to be assigned back. Same for his charities. Most have already dropped him quietly over the last two years
and no one will say yes if he gets offered to them.

If he had any dignity at all, he would have stepped back from all titles and positions by himself. He could still emphasise his innocence but making it clear he wanted to make sure the monarchy itself is not threatened by his problems. He could cash in on inheritance and I am sure if you liquidise all his assets there is enough for the bills AND a more toned down but still incredible luxurious lifestyle and investments to keep him living in that comfort. They have such warped ideas about how they are entitled to live a certain lifestyle (that’s what made me turn completely on H&M in the end. If you cannot live comfortably with 30mil there is something wrong with you not the others.)

What I find sad, is that they waited so long to take action. The whole Randy Andy problem with shady business tactics, selling yourself and your connections out for profit AND extremely suspicious friendships with certain people and extremely young girls is not new. They should have bagged him long ago, together with his ex. Now there will always be a bitter taste left in regards to their choices of action or rather non-action. I mean, yes you shouldn’t jump the gun at every accusation but Andrew’s actions have harmed the profile of the RF for decades now. Even if he is completely innocent regarding Virginia, there id enough in his past to justify this.

Reactions: 12
I am not sure if HMTQ will pick up his bills just like that. She might hand out part of his inheritance a bit earlier so he can for himself. And you would think he inherited some wealth through his father.
I also don’t think there is any chance he can get his charities or honorary military titles back. Even if he wins the case. They waited very much till the last minute before it looks like they only had to because he was found guilty. I think the case will definitely bring up some bad details- and while it might not be enough to make V win, forever tarnish him even more. They probably got an idea what she was about to claim and what details she might share and decided it was going to be bad enough. Or maybe those who wanted this from the start finally found an ear. Also, the Military personal has finally publicly put some pressure on them to get rid of him. They will do the same if he was about to be assigned back. Same for his charities. Most have already dropped him quietly over the last two years

If he had any dignity at all, he would have stepped back from all titles and positions by himself. He could still emphasise his innocence but making it clear he wanted to make sure the monarchy itself is not threatened by his problems. He could cash in on inheritance and I am sure if you liquidise all his assets there is enough for the bills AND a more toned down but still incredible luxurious lifestyle and investments to keep him living in that comfort. They have such warped ideas about how they are entitled to live a certain lifestyle (that’s what made me turn completely on H&M in the end. If you cannot live comfortably with 30mil there is something wrong with you not the others.)

What I find sad, is that they waited so long to take action. The whole Randy Andy problem with shady business tactics, selling yourself and your connections out for profit AND extremely suspicious friendships with certain people and extremely young girls is not new. They should have bagged him long ago, together with his ex. Now there will always be a bitter taste left in regards to their choices of action or rather non-action. I mean, yes you shouldn’t jump the gun at every accusation but Andrew’s actions have harmed the profile of the RF for decades now. Even if he is completely innocent regarding Virginia, there id enough in his past to justify this.
I think that the timing of the court case and the clash with the jubilee celebrations pushed it to a certain extent. The news reported that his regiment, the Grenadier Guards, would be Trooping the Colour this year and, as Colonel-in-Chief, he would be front and centre if he were doing royal duties. Now, there can be a new CinC appointed and no awkward gap. As it is, there will still be somewhat of a spoiling of the celebrations by this court case just because it will be all over the papers.

There are also reports in the papers that William really pushed this, with a one hour meeting before Andrew was summoned to hear the decision from Mummy. Andrew does not seem to be a popular person even amongst his own family, probably because out of all of them he's frequently reported to be the most rude, spoiled and entitled, thanks to being the favourite.

Damn, some of the military are fed up with the Queen - ‘These steps could have been taken at any time in the past 11 years. Please do not leave it any longer.’ They also want him to relinquish all titles including Vice Admiral of the Royal Navy and have his dishonourably discharged if needs be.

Even though the little pompous bastard has lost his titles I still think that the queen will quietly pay off any money I’m hoping Virginia doesn’t take any money as she has said she won’t because it will turn into “ she only done it for a payoff “ but the RF had to do something because of public opinion but if money is on the table I’m betting mummy will pay it very quietly

The problem he may have (which could also be a benefit in terms of a pay off) is that any inheritance could be in a trust where he’s the beneficiary, but he can’t control or liquidise the capital. I would have thought that would be the only sensible way of passing on large sums of money without paying millions in tax?

Reactions: 1
I'm trying to understand something - why would the Queen strip Andrew of his titles, etc if he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet? Wouldn't you wait until he's been found guilty?

Reactions: 1
I'm trying to understand something - why would the Queen strip Andrew of his titles, etc if he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet? Wouldn't you wait until he's been found guilty?
Because she is being tarnished by association. I suppose it’s no different to anyone being suspended from work if an allegation is made

Reactions: 10
I think the upcoming Jubilee has a lot to do with it as well. Andrew front and centre in full braid and buttons rig while embroiled in what the tabloids like to call a sex scandal wouldn’t be a good look (we kind of know he wanted to be trussed up like an Admiral at his dad’s funeral. There’s no way he’d be ditching the bearskin for the Jubilee).

Also, there may be some asset and Monarchy protection going on. Emphasising he is taking it on as a private individual gives the monarchy a step back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The Queen had a lot more support than Joe Bloggs ever did.
She could have had family sit with her even a metre away. Sorry don't buy it.
Totally agree all for show

gree
I suppose I’d be considered “Joe Bloggs” in this example.
We had to have a lockdown funeral for my Dad.
I can only speak for myself, but it DID make a difference to me that The Queen chose to sit alone for her husband’s funeral. It showed that she understood that the public had to do it for their loved ones so she wanted to do the same.
Even if it was “for show” (which I don't believe it was) she still sat alone for the funeral of her dear husband, which can’t have been easy.
Yes, she has had a life of immense privilege but, on that day, she was just a wife mourning the loss of her beloved husband under the gaze of the entire world.
I didn’t have my Dad’s funeral “live-streamed” for those who couldn’t attend because I didn't want others watching my grief - The Queen didn’t have that choice.
Sitting alone was the respectful thing to do and I appreciated it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.