Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
My mams friend had an interesting day at work today. She was unsure of W+K before but says they were interested, informed and warm. She’s sold over now.
6D4B6022-47BC-4341-9BD1-894E2508ADDD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I subscribe to Private Eye they have a regular column "Court Circular" which publishes stories about Royal Life on an "anonymous" basis. They detail the recent defenestration of Prince Andrew.

Their source is most likely a gossipy senior royal family employee. You should know that Private Eye has a code for the Royals Brenda=HMQE2, Brian=PC. The text and column are from EYE 1565 The 'spin' on this story if there is any is that William had no compunction is despatching Uncle Andrew, where "weak" Prince Charles was more equivocal

COURT CIRCULAR
PRINCE WILLIAM's victory over Uncle Andrew is complete. Despite attempts by Team Brian to spin last week's sacking as his own doing, it was his eldest son who again struck the final blow.
In 2019 it was the second in line who pressed Brenda into exiling Andrew after his fateful Newsnight encounter with Emily Maitlis – rather than Brian, who was overseas and had approved the interview idea in the first place (Eve 1510). And with his father away, it was William who was at Windsor last week when advance news arrived that Andrew had failed to get Virginia Giuffre's case against him thrown out.
It had been no coincidence that William and Kate had their first private Cambridge-only Christmas Day last month rather than take their children to sit at the same table as the friend of a convicted paedophile whose former confidante was on trial for sex trafficking.
Andrew, whose entitled style of royalty and treatment of commoner Kate when she arrived on the scene still riles William, saw none of this coming. He remained convinced the Newsnight interview, though uncomfortable, had cleared his name and that he had handled Maitlis well, until summoned by his mother to be told otherwise. That, it turns out, was just phase one of Operation York.
Brenda, always loyal to her second son, had assumed his exile would be temporary. Andrew expected his mother would allow him back to a semi-royal life. As the stalemate stretched beyond two years, his mother feared taking further action against him would imply she now thought him guilty.
It was Judge Lewis A Kaplan who gave Brenda the get-out clause by giving Andrew no option but to face the judicial music. Courtiers knew they had to seize the moment but were unsure how to approach Brenda about it. Fortunately for them, William was at Windsor to conduct an investiture, and with the backing of the rest of his family took control, persuading his granny that she had to sign off phase two of Operation York.
It wasn't meant to have happened like it did. It had been expected Andrew would stand aside from his military roles and royal patronages himself, sparing Brenda from having to sack him. Instead there followed 24 hours of wrangling
The showdown came when Andrew went to Windsor Castle to plead his case personally with his mum. But this was no private audience - officials were present, and despite a request by Andrew that they leave the room, they remained. Documents detailing what military roles and patronages were being removed were handed to
Andrew, but it was made clear his signature wasn't required. And he was shown the cold, terse statement that was to be issued to show his downfall was complete.
His HRH is gone, but not formally removed, meaning Andrew can still use the title on his tombstone. One concession he was allowed was for this aspect of his disgrace to be removed from the formal notice issued by the palace. For now, his position in the line of succession and his dukedom remain unchanged, mainly because they require legislation to change. He can still fly his personal standard and retain the many
gongs Brenda has given him. But Andrew has been left in no doubt that Operation York has a phase three ready to be activated if he doesn't clear his name in New York. And he really won't like that.
'Flunkey'

View attachment 1002319
William will be fabulous King. Firm but fair. He reminds me a lot of Prince Philip, without the gaffs.

Andrew should have done the decent thing a long time ago and never have put his mother i this position.

Reactions: 23

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I was only quoting what I have read.

I don't think that he should get Met police protection.
Yes, he is still an heir to the throne and part of the BRF, but so are other non-working members of the BRF that don't have Met police protection either.
I guess Harry would say the difference in his case is: racism. (Which I don't agree with)

I would imagine that if Met police would hear that someone planned an attack on the BRF and Harry intended to come to the UK at the same time then the Met would warn either the BRF or him directly?
Of course they would.

Harry always held a position higher than his status. Because he and William were seen 'as the boys' everyone saw them as equals, even though they weren't. Harry enjoyed being seen on a parr with William because William and Catherine took him everywhere with them.

Through his own choice, Harry decided to leave all that. He is in no different a position to Zara Tindal, Peter Philips, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise and James.

You're either in or out.

Reactions: 23

hannah123

VIP Member
Seems a strange move on Harry's part to expect people to not question of get annoyed at him for this. People of the UK have had to go through a pandemic with jobs and loved ones lost, now facing an energy crisis where people can't afford to hear their homes and a PM showing contempt for the nation, but he thinks now is the time to complain about paying for security when we've seen all the big deals he's signed in 2021.

I think the press had a huge part to play in Harry's popularity plummeting but strange decisions like this don't help and just show he's completely stupid.

Reactions: 22

Blurp

VIP Member
How have they removed PA’s titles yet Prince Harry has retained his? This is not a dig I am just wondering how the losing of one’s titles works
Other way round. Harry lost all his military connections and patronages, as well as being asked not to use HRH. Questions were asked as to why Andrew retained his, particularly as his regiments were asking for a new patron as, because he wasn't doing royal duties, they were working without a colonel-in-chief or whatever. Andrew has now been put on a par with Harry, right down to not using HRH "in an official capacity".

Neither has lost their royal dukedoms or princely title. Andrew will be hunkered down in comfort in Royal Lodge, consulting with his lawyers and working out how to get money while Charles and William work out how to keep him from spending family money via Mummy.

ETA: I wonder if he will now have to pay for his own security, like Harry? The police won't be sorry: Popbitch had a story after Philip died re his nickname Phil the Greek that Philip's code name was at one time The Greek, the Queen's was Purple and Andrew's was The Cunt.

Last edited:

Great_Kate

VIP Member
And there goes the basis for the H&M got thrown to the wolves to distract from Andrew claims. Those two have a lucky hand to just always come up with shit like that just by themselves. The RF really has to do nothing but just sit back and let it play out.
I don’t get his claims anyway and might agree with the posters that think it’s because they are actually not wanted or not wanted with the profile (balcony, their own engagements for the crown…) they want for the jubilee.
He cannot just hire police protection officers in the UK. No one can. The force is not up for the highest bidder. He is not representing the UK anymore. That has nothing to do with the line of succession. If he think him holding a spot there is a safety problem he can give it up. But he is not willing to do that is he? Even it’s pretty sure he will never be needed anyway. Even if both would join the fold again, they might not get police protection most of the time either. So what is he actually complaining about? His family cannot do anything about it. And the police won’t start making exceptions.
So many questions. Why did he have to chirp up again instead of letting Andrew burn? Why does he never have anything other to offer than Victim Harry?
An almost 40 year old multi millionaire still crying about his hardship all the time is really not a good look.

• Heart

Great_Kate

VIP Member
The thing is, he has a chance of walking away just fine. He needs to be proven guilty and I can see Virginia and her team having a hard time to do so. Not that I think he is innocent, but that’s sadly not really the point. The question is- can they prove what they accuse him of without doubt. My gut tells me no. It doesn’t matter what the public‘s or the judge‘s gut tells them. It’s the factual evidence.
I don’t think he will pay up- only if there is a bigger chance to be found guilty than not. And I don’t see that this point.
Thankfully, the whole thing very probably will spare us his face for the rest of his life. No matter the outcome, he is tarnished beyond everything because even if they can’t prove him guilty he has, by himself for a big part, made it impossible for anyone to think he actually is.

Reactions: 21

PenelopeTitsDrop

He wouldn't get in trouble under US law I don't believe because sleeping with her was not illegal as she was of age of consent. I don't think - LEGALLY - he broke any laws. Morally - oh yes he is a scumbag and immoral as hell and guilty as hell! According to US law because she is the claimant she has to provide all the hard evidence. I am intrigued to see how this goes - I think because she is the claimant it is why his lawyers are going for a trial believing that she won't have enough to convict. I am not a lawyer but took several law classes so I bet someone else knows more but this is what I understand if I remember my law correctly.

I never saw any videos of Andrew there personally so, I'm just saying these are my thoughts on the matter. I hope everyone involved in this is imprisoned for life- but I don't think anyone will be at all. Too many powerful disgusting evil people involved, and even Andrew will probably come out unscathed just like everyone else ... and that is the real horrific issue here, nobody is going to pay for this. I don't think anything will happen other than Andrew's already awful reputation will be reinforced and the others involved in this will get off scot-free.

re: her story - first it was New Mexico, then it was London, her ages, etc have all changed during different statements made under oath (and in her writing). She already got a payout from Andrew in the past as well.
I'm not sure that inconsistencies in her story make much difference to the way I feel about this whole thing.

It's common for victims of abuse to have difficulties remembering stuff accurately (I think I read somewhere). Also, even if this lady was telling lies about locations etc, it wouldn't change the fact that she was trafficked and PA (allegedly) shagged her when she was underage in some jurisdictions.

I feel there is lots of pressure on victims of abuse to be almost perfect people and, if they arent, then their claims can be dismissed by many. The reality is, abuse victims are just as likely to be horrible as anyone else. It doesn't mean that their abusers didn't abuse.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I have the feeling Prince Harry will feel a bit nostalgic seeing the images of Kate at Twickenham.

I wonder what this year will bring him
Less hair judging by the latest photo's of him!

He talks endless word salad. There is no substance to anything he says. It seems ironic to say this but he appeared more grounded when he was part of the RF.

• Haha

queenamber

VIP Member
You may well be right. But there is a very good reason this is a civil trial and not a criminal one. Virginias testimony in court over time has changed so often that she is not considered a credible witness. Added to which she was unable to specify places or dates and even the names of the men she claimed she was forced to have sex with. Prince Andrew wasn’t even mentioned in the early versions of her story. She had sex with men for money for years and her dad often dropped her off and collected her from work at Epstein’s place. She groomed girls for Epstein. She claims she was trafficked but she also did some trafficking. It’s money she’s after and she’s caught the biggest fish of her life with dopey Andrew. I hope he has a competent lawyer.
I'm not sure her not specifying places, dates and names is a fair criticism. Would you have gotten the names of the multiple men who raped you before they left the room? It sounds like JE had a constant stream of people coming and going so it's understandable she probably had no idea herself. She may not be entirely innocent but she's definitely dealing with a lot of trauma which could explain the holes in her story.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Those that keep bleating ‘should skip Charles for William’ just irritate me. I’m happy for Camilla, she’s settled well into the RF and has taken on some good causes, no fuss and everyone who meets her says she’s hardworking and down to earth. I don’t think things were as bad as the press reported back in the ‘there we’re three in the marriage says’. Diana did many good things but she also had many lovers and was incredibly manipulative and used the press when it suited. I don’t condone adultery but feel they were pushed into marrying each other.
I think one of the problems is that because she died at a relatively young age, that she was elevated to Saint status by some people. Marriages end, and there were definitely faults on both sides of that one. I like to think that had she not died, she would have eventually found happiness and re-married (It wouldn't have been Dodi), and that Charles and her would eventually just settle into some kind of friendship where they would be fine with having joint family occassions for their children and grandchildren. I don't think that she would have liked what Harry has done, although I kind of think that she might have ended up being jealous of the popularity and appeal of William and Catherine.

BumbleB

But she wasn't Harry's mum, he had DIana who was a very demonstrative and loving mother but also quite temperamental which I think is a trait that Harry has inherited from her,
Diana, the peoples princess, was a shrewd and manipulative woman who knew when to turn the water works on.
I mentioned TQ because the press narrative seems to be how can Harry do this to his loving grandmother, but details from the family themselves seem to suggest she is anything but.

William seems to have inherited the never explain, never complain mentality and Harry seems to have gone fuck this, I'm out...

They may be royal but at the end of the day they are just a fucked up family with deep rooted issues and I dont blame Harry one bit for walking away from it

• Heart

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Civil court is on the balance of probability target than beyond reasonable doubt. There is certainly a higher chance of conviction.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

bubbadabut

VIP Member
What about when he goes on holiday abroad with his family, or if he visits one of his projects in Africa? Surely his team won't be privy to any other countries security intelligence either? Yet this issue seems to only affect him when he's in the big, bad UK? 🤔

Last edited:

hannah123

VIP Member
Huge breaking Royal news. Her Majesty has officially said that it is her wish for Camilla to use the Queen Consort title. (I predicted that this was going to happen).
I honestly don’t think it’s that ground breaking that a woman who has been Queen for 70 years and is known for being quite traditional in her approach to being Queen, would want the heirs spouse to get the correct title.

Camilla has shown herself to be a loyal, hardworking member of the family. If you support having a monarchy you can’t pick and chose the rules, it makes no sense to say “I want Charles to be King, and think Catherine should be Queen because Williams King, but don’t want Queen Camilla because I like Diana”.