The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems a strange move on Harry's part to expect people to not question of get annoyed at him for this. People of the UK have had to go through a pandemic with jobs and loved ones lost, now facing an energy crisis where people can't afford to hear their homes and a PM showing contempt for the nation, but he thinks now is the time to complain about paying for security when we've seen all the big deals he's signed in 2021.

I think the press had a huge part to play in Harry's popularity plummeting but strange decisions like this don't help and just show he's completely stupid.
I suspect they might not have been invited to be on the balcony for the jubilee so getting their excuses in first. Can't see why they'd not be welcome 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Harry has a habit of drawing attention to himself when there's a spotlight on other royals...then they imply they are thrown under the bus to keep negative press away from the others.

I suspect Harry will never be happy.

His sense of self importance is astounding. It's a pity his self awareness isn't at the same level.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It must be hard work being that glass half empty all the time … although I’ve long suspected that Harry is the type of personality who will always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, until he gets there.

Reactions: 16
It must be hard work being that glass half empty all the time … although I’ve long suspected that Harry is the type of personality who will always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, until he gets there.
Yes I agree he will always be looking for "something else"

Reactions: 8
I don't think so - I read it as he's expecting to still get security when he's in the UK
Oh I see! That’s a little bit better I suppose. I thought he wanted to have security full time which would have been very expensive and a logistical nightmare since he’s in America now.

Reactions: 4
His mother is one of the richest women in the world, I don't really see him having to get a job or go on a council house list.
I can see TQ paying for him to stay at the Royal Lodge but there is no way she can be seen to be involved in any pay off or legal fees.

I don't think it makes any difference that Harry wants to pay for his security. You don't just hire Royalty protection who are armed.

Any other A list celebrity who visits the UK has to do with unarmed, private security. You're a private citizen Harry. It's what you wanted.

Any other A list celebrity who visits the UK has to do with unarmed, private security. You're a private citizen Harry. It's what you wanted.
This.

But I’m a bit confused. He’s willing to pay for it but then Gatling the government to court for not providing it. Or have I read it wrong?

Reactions: 2
I can see TQ paying for him to stay at the Royal Lodge but there is no way she can be seen to be involved in any pay off or legal fees.

I don't think it makes any difference that Harry wants to pay for his security. You don't just hire Royalty protection who are armed.

And when he is with people who are entitled to it, he’ll be covered by default anyway.

This.

But I’m a bit confused. He’s willing to pay for it but then Gatling the government to court for not providing it. Or have I read it wrong?
I understand it that when he is in the UK he wants police protection (which means they can be armed) and is willing to pay for it. The reason being that the police have access to intelligence that a private security firm will not have. The Government obviously do not want him to have access to police protection.

This.

That’s about the size of it. He knows he can’t pay for the Met to protect him, that’s just a smokescreen. Play the big man ‘I offered to pay’ card. It makes him out to be the victim when he’s told no. Then it’ll be ‘ we’ll if you don’t get me security, I’m not coming to the jubilee’. To cover up that he’s not invited anyhow.

Reactions: 19

She will just give him the money but not be seen as being involved in a pay off or legal fees, she will help him out as much as she can. She has always seemed to have a softer spot for him than any of her other kids she always looks happier in his company, maybe he can make her laugh, he makes me laugh but for the wrong reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
And when he is with people who are entitled to it, he’ll be covered by default anyway.
Absolutely.

He had security at PP funeral because of what he was attending and it would have been regarded as a high risk event. The unveiling of Diana's statue was a private affair.

Also if the police do have credible intelligence that there is a threat to him they won't just sit on it. They would make him aware.

Is it true that Andy gave the newsnight interview without consulting the royal household? If there is any truth in that I'm sure his family are vexxed with him. The arrogance of him to think that was going to go down well is shocking.
Ithought andrews PR advisers strongly advised him not to do that interview and when he decidec to go ahead, the PR adviser resigned and didnt want to be asociated with it.

What I don't get is he says his private security won't have access to intelligence information in the UK, but surely that's the same in America too? Private security won't have access to fbi files etc for example. I'd have thought their risk is getting greater in America considering how they have been outspoken on controversial American politics issues and tried to interfere.

Also if they are visiting family they will be surrounded by the royal protection anyway.

All very odd

Reactions: 12
What I don't get is he says his private security won't have access to intelligence information in the UK, but surely that's the same in America too? Private security won't have access to fbi files etc for example. I'd have thought their risk is getting greater in America considering how they have been outspoken on controversial American politics issues and tried to interfere.

Also if they are visiting family they will be surrounded by the royal protection anyway.

All very odd
It’s his safety net in case he’s not invited to the jubilee.
He’ll say it’s due to “security risks” not that his absence is because he’s not wanted.
I’ll give the Royal Family their due - I fell for the happy chappy Prince PR that they put out there when he was younger so it was a job well done.
Now he is no longer under their wing I see him for the sullen, selfish, totally lacking in self awareness person that he has, most likely, always been.

Reactions: 19
It’s his safety net in case he’s not invited to the jubilee.
He’ll say it’s due to “security risks” not that his absence is because he’s not wanted.
I’ll give the Royal Family their due - I fell for the happy chappy Prince PR that they put out there when he was younger so it was a job well done.
Now he is no longer under their wing I see him for the sullen, selfish, totally lacking in self awareness person that he has, most likely, always been.
Yeah quite possibly, although looking back at a lot of Harry pre Meghan he seems happy out in public. People who knew him privately always said he was engaging. If he was faking then you'd think he'd fake it now he is married with his perfect family.

Weird timing on the Harry stuff - trying to distract from Andrew again?
I don't see why he'd want to? Surely they must be loving all the Andrew stuff. If it was the palace I'd understand but this is Harry personally taking on the UK government

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.