The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread

Kate’s picture gives me the same vibes as the one PMargaret hated in the crown and went ahead and had the picture Lord Snowden took instead. It’s very old fashioned and I’m quite traditional

Reactions: 4
The side angle photo is like a joke dress up photo or something. It's too like the photos it was inspired by. If they had her in that pose but the photo was in colour it might be nicer - like a nod to portraits of the past but clearly modern. The sepia tone just makes it look like Kate is dressing up as a Victorian.

Reactions: 9
EEB5C1DF-9CCA-43B8-BE54-6CDD7DAAB3A7.jpeg
This one I really like - it’s giving me turn of the century vibes. I think it’s rather lovely.

C2775FFB-CC3F-4912-A833-AF85C2446EA9.jpeg

This however is giving me 80s prom photo vibes and the soft filtering around the edges here looks quite dated. Not at all a fan.

0B7A939C-088D-4B05-B2E3-A77138838D86.jpeg

I like that they have one in colour, however her face looks a bit…off? A bit one dimensional, I wonder if that’s due to the photoshopping and smoothing of her lines.

Reactions: 7
The red dress one reminds me of the “it has POCKETS!” meme doing the rounds on tictok. She looks lovely but I can’t take any of them really seriously as royal portraits, they seem forced to me🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
First time on here, felt I had to comment. I’m sorry but I think some of these latest photos are dreadful. Kate is a beautiful woman but these shots look strange. The worst one is the red dress photo where it looks like her head has been superimposed on her body.

I don’t know what on earth happened but if this was a school report I would be giving the photographer a fail.

Reactions: 20
Thanks for the new thread @Libbylulu

They’re a no from me. Compared to the gold dress where she looked sensational I don’t feel these worked. I think it’s her hair and the high forehead which don’t look right

Reactions: 11
View attachment 975941This one I really like - it’s giving me turn of the century vibes. I think it’s rather lovely.

View attachment 975944
This however is giving me 80s prom photo vibes and the soft filtering around the edges here looks quite dated. Not at all a fan.

View attachment 975945
I like that they have one in colour, however her face looks a bit…off? A bit one dimensional, I wonder if that’s due to the photoshopping and smoothing of her lines.
It's also the way this is lit. Look at where the shadows fall on her face. It's not just Photoshop. The light blows out a lot.

Reactions: 3
Much as I love her these are too over stylised and air brushed. Not sure why they went with these, they seem very uncatherine like. She is naturally beautiful she doesn't need these. The nee year photo in the car with william was much better and more natural

Actually if you zoom in and crop the first image it is better. The full length version with the queen mother/queen Victoria feel is just a bit too much

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
First time on here, felt I had to comment. I’m sorry but I think some of these latest photos are dreadful. Kate is a beautiful woman but these shots look strange. The worst one is the red dress photo where it looks like her head has been superimposed on her body.

I don’t know what on earth happened but if this was a school report I would be giving the photographer a fail.
They have been photoshopped and filtered beyond recognition

Reactions: 10
A previous poster, Sea, hit the nail on the head for me. One of the photos especially, reminded me of the infamous fairy photos, which were later proved to be a hoax, although Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was taken in by them!

I do get that the photographer wanted to get a certain vibe or feeling, but I just don’t think they have been achieved with these shots.

They weren’t taken by David Beckham’s son were they?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Three different dresses for three photos?

Why they wanted to recreate the Victorian era in the side photo is beyond me. It harks back to the era when the RF were completely disconnected from the public and behaved publicly like spoiled brats. Hopefully we aren't going back to that.

I agree the red dress photo barely looks like her and the final one- l wonder if Diana had a photo like this? I agree it seems very 80s.

I wonder why they can't get it right with Kate? Anyone remember the first official portrait that made her look like an old lady? Maybe that's why she looks so young in these, to over compensate!

It's not a million miles away

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Friend pointed out the red dress looks like something Janette Manrara would wear presenting It Takes Two (and wouldn’t suit her, either)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They photoshopped the life out of her face ffs. Not flattering at all.

If I had seen the second photo on its own, I wouldn’t have recognised her.

She’s a beautiful woman and she’s 40, why did they need to smooth out all signs of aging? She’s not an actress in a poster!

Reactions: 8
they don't look like Kate to me, its almost like they are using a lookalike.

Reactions: 9
I always think her eyebrows look uneven. She is stunning tho, no need for all the photoshop. Particularly the red dress picture, there is something off. It’s her face and the way her hair is right back maybe?

Reactions: 2
The photographer gave an interview for an Italian outlet. Apparently * the close up photo was chosen by William and their children. it’s my least favourite of the three but I think that’s really sweet. Must be something about it which reminds them of her at home.

*according to the fashion editor at the Telegraph, Bethan Holt, who shared some extracts translated. The article is in Italian so not 100% sure. https://www.corriere.it/esteri/22_g...no-9164aa08-70bc-11ec-bed9-868e21cce827.shtml

As I said in the last thread, I think these are lovely and appropriate for the occasion. I also like the way it harkens back to Cecil Beaton and the pre-raphelites.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think we're probably used to seeing more candid shots of Kate or photos of her with a group rather than posed shots of her on her own. There are much nicer pictures of her though. I think the photos could do with a bit of background and colour as well. They look like they were shot in a studio rather than in Kew gardens.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.