Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Harrigan

VIP Member
First time on here, felt I had to comment. I’m sorry but I think some of these latest photos are dreadful. Kate is a beautiful woman but these shots look strange. The worst one is the red dress photo where it looks like her head has been superimposed on her body.

I don’t know what on earth happened but if this was a school report I would be giving the photographer a fail.

Reactions: 20

Multi-21

VIP Member
I think Harry did Meghan a huge disservice by not properly preparing her for royal life and letting her know all these intricacies and protocols.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Maybe I should put this in the unpopular opinions thread but The Queen chose to sit alone at the funeral, she could have had someone in her bubble support her or have someone sit 2 metres away. Also, it great that Downing Street did a personal apology to the Queen but what about the thousands of others who suffered and they partied? Do we get a personal apology too? I don’t know, maybe it’s too close to home for me because my Dad died from Covid and I found out it was on one of the days of the parties.

• Sad
  • Heart

Dollenganger

VIP Member
I don't disagree. But I do not 100% believe her either - all her stories are convoluted and very different from one another.

My opinion is this - Andrew did not know about the trafficking. She was legal. He is arrogant and dumb as a box of rocks. He believed it was consensual. Who wouldn't want him, he's a prince, and was a war hero! Let's forget he's paunchy and a total piece of rubbish. Mummy's favorite! I do not think he committed a crime (legally) but he should be shunted into oblivion and never seen or heard from again.

I also really think the focus on Andrew is to keep the focus off more important, more powerful people.
I can’t really understand where you’re coming from and I’ll explain why.

You say that Andrew is ‘not important’. But he’s the Queen’s, the head of states son and he’s also 9th in line to the bloody throne! The monarchy needs to go but they won’t be going anywhere yet, sadly.

Also you are wrong that VG was of age. She was 17 and the age of consent in NY was 18. Of course he would have known that she and (younger) others were being trafficked. He doesn’t have a shred of decency and thinks he can do anything he likes. That’s why it happened.

Such behaviour from someone in line to the throne with prior royal responsibilities is not something that can just be ignored.

Ask yourself - would your 17 year old daughter want to have sex with Prince William? I have a daughter this age so perhaps this is easier for me to see how girls this age would actually think.

I also don’t think that VG would put herself and her family in theoretical danger for no reason. We have to end this culture of not believing victims.

We also have to accept that someone doesn’t have to behave perfectly themselves to be the victim of a crime.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

50sGirl

VIP Member
But she made that decision. It wasn’t forced on her. One of my close friends died during lockdown. I had to watch his funeral online. I couldn’t be there to say goodbye, I couldn’t be there to support his family. To think the very people forcing that restriction on people at the worst times of their lives were off having their jollies at parties is absolutely sickening.
Yes, she made that decision and I respected her for it.

My post was regarding The Queen sitting alone.
I made no reference to the parties.
I agree with you the parties were sickening and it absolutely disgusts me that they were going on when I didn’t even dare hug my Dad during what were to have been the last months of his life.

• Heart

a musician

Do we think Charles is going to take the job or pass it directly to William? He’s not getting any younger and we all know he doesn’t want to be king ( and not just from The Crown 🤣)
I can’t see him passing it on and I personally don’t want him too. I think Charles has done a lot of amazing work that’s gone unnoticed because some people only focus on the Diana thing. I’m actually intrigued to see what his plans are once he’s King and I genuinely think he’ll do a great job. I don’t really think William is ready to be King yet. He and Kate haven’t really done much as has been mentioned before in this thread. I imagine they’ll do much more once they become Prince and Princess of Wales though. Plus if it does skip over Charles, we’ll never hear the end of it from the Diana maniacs.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Why would you pay someone that you’ve never met who is accusing you of horrendous things a huge amount of money when you have the best lawyers available…

50sGirl

VIP Member
What I don't get is he says his private security won't have access to intelligence information in the UK, but surely that's the same in America too? Private security won't have access to fbi files etc for example. I'd have thought their risk is getting greater in America considering how they have been outspoken on controversial American politics issues and tried to interfere.

Also if they are visiting family they will be surrounded by the royal protection anyway.

All very odd
It’s his safety net in case he’s not invited to the jubilee.
He’ll say it’s due to “security risks” not that his absence is because he’s not wanted.
I’ll give the Royal Family their due - I fell for the happy chappy Prince PR that they put out there when he was younger so it was a job well done.
Now he is no longer under their wing I see him for the sullen, selfish, totally lacking in self awareness person that he has, most likely, always been.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
To be fair we don't know that Charles and Camilla would have ever got married. That scenario was made far more plausible because Diana died.

Had Diana lived, there would absolutely have been a 'It should have been Diana narrative when Camilla becomes Queen. There still will be, but it would have been far more prevalent.

I doubt Diana and Charles would have lasted anyway. Can you imagine Diana waiting 40+ years for her moment in the spotlight? She was an unsecure attention seeker.
She was a mentally ill woman who hopefully would have gotten therapy and the help she needed as mental health became a bigger part of public discourse over the years.
I like to think she’d be much more settled and happy now in her 60s.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I've never suggested Camilla was innocent.

People would literally spit if you mentioned Camilla's name and Charles had to fund private security for her. She was getting battered everyhwere in the media. It was very much Camilla the husband stealing witch and Diana the angel. Just because there is social media now doesn't make it worse. You can actually turn social media off.
Wasn‘t there a front page pic of Camilla with a horse superimposed over her face?
At one point I think she was one of the most hated women in the country.
When they first went public with their relationship I thought Camilla should never be Queen but she’s kept her head down, ignored the haters and just got on with the job. Imho she has earned her place as Queen Consort.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I never doubted Camilla would be known as Queen, but I’m very intrigued as to why this has been announced now all of sudden? We are being prepared for the end.

• Sad

Asshats

This.

But I’m a bit confused. He’s willing to pay for it but then Gatling the government to court for not providing it. Or have I read it wrong?
That’s about the size of it. He knows he can’t pay for the Met to protect him, that’s just a smokescreen. Play the big man ‘I offered to pay’ card. It makes him out to be the victim when he’s told no. Then it’ll be ‘ we’ll if you don’t get me security, I’m not coming to the jubilee’. To cover up that he’s not invited anyhow.

Dollenganger

VIP Member
Andrew is a terrible person.

Virginia's stories all are so different from each other - it will harm her going forward. She was in Thailand to pick up girls for Epstein and Maxwell, for God's sake! I think going for Andrew means they are trying to cover up for others like Gates, Clinton, Trump.

She will get a big payout and Andrew will withdraw from public life. Mummy will pay.
It’s common for abused trafficked victims to be implicated in their abuser’s crimes. What choice do they really have at the time?

amethyst_unicorn

Chatty Member
I subscribe to Private Eye they have a regular column "Court Circular" which publishes stories about Royal Life on an "anonymous" basis. They detail the recent defenestration of Prince Andrew.

Their source is most likely a gossipy senior royal family employee. You should know that Private Eye has a code for the Royals Brenda=HMQE2, Brian=PC. The text and column are from EYE 1565 The 'spin' on this story if there is any is that William had no compunction is despatching Uncle Andrew, where "weak" Prince Charles was more equivocal

COURT CIRCULAR
PRINCE WILLIAM's victory over Uncle Andrew is complete. Despite attempts by Team Brian to spin last week's sacking as his own doing, it was his eldest son who again struck the final blow.
In 2019 it was the second in line who pressed Brenda into exiling Andrew after his fateful Newsnight encounter with Emily Maitlis – rather than Brian, who was overseas and had approved the interview idea in the first place (Eve 1510). And with his father away, it was William who was at Windsor last week when advance news arrived that Andrew had failed to get Virginia Giuffre's case against him thrown out.
It had been no coincidence that William and Kate had their first private Cambridge-only Christmas Day last month rather than take their children to sit at the same table as the friend of a convicted paedophile whose former confidante was on trial for sex trafficking.
Andrew, whose entitled style of royalty and treatment of commoner Kate when she arrived on the scene still riles William, saw none of this coming. He remained convinced the Newsnight interview, though uncomfortable, had cleared his name and that he had handled Maitlis well, until summoned by his mother to be told otherwise. That, it turns out, was just phase one of Operation York.
Brenda, always loyal to her second son, had assumed his exile would be temporary. Andrew expected his mother would allow him back to a semi-royal life. As the stalemate stretched beyond two years, his mother feared taking further action against him would imply she now thought him guilty.
It was Judge Lewis A Kaplan who gave Brenda the get-out clause by giving Andrew no option but to face the judicial music. Courtiers knew they had to seize the moment but were unsure how to approach Brenda about it. Fortunately for them, William was at Windsor to conduct an investiture, and with the backing of the rest of his family took control, persuading his granny that she had to sign off phase two of Operation York.
It wasn't meant to have happened like it did. It had been expected Andrew would stand aside from his military roles and royal patronages himself, sparing Brenda from having to sack him. Instead there followed 24 hours of wrangling
The showdown came when Andrew went to Windsor Castle to plead his case personally with his mum. But this was no private audience - officials were present, and despite a request by Andrew that they leave the room, they remained. Documents detailing what military roles and patronages were being removed were handed to
Andrew, but it was made clear his signature wasn't required. And he was shown the cold, terse statement that was to be issued to show his downfall was complete.
His HRH is gone, but not formally removed, meaning Andrew can still use the title on his tombstone. One concession he was allowed was for this aspect of his disgrace to be removed from the formal notice issued by the palace. For now, his position in the line of succession and his dukedom remain unchanged, mainly because they require legislation to change. He can still fly his personal standard and retain the many
gongs Brenda has given him. But Andrew has been left in no doubt that Operation York has a phase three ready to be activated if he doesn't clear his name in New York. And he really won't like that.
'Flunkey'

View attachment 1002319
The more I hear about William the more I like him.

He may have a temper (rumours) but there are lots and lots of historical and recent reports - not just PR but from the public - about how considerate, kind and conscientious he and Kate are.

They are obviously aware of their "position", but they are also acutely aware of the humanity of people around them. They have grown into their position of future King and Queen Consort of England since their marriage, taken time out with their children, and to develop their adult (after all they were barely out of their teens) and "professional royal status" with the public and their charities.

Now their slow and considered approach to their personal and Royal lives is appreciated - if only because the way the Twunts in Cali "grifted" us by the way they railroaded everything and tried to abuse their status for financial and personal gain prior to and after Megxit!

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I get the whole 'we must be relatable to the people' but let's be honest, if any of us were in the same royal position with the opportunity to wear the diamonds and sparkle, we'd never take them off!
I’d do a Margaret and have a bath in my tiara. Because I could! ;)

• Haha

Blurp

VIP Member
Any personal stories of when he was in the Navy?
I sat in the Senior Rates Mess of HMS Edinburgh when he was an officer on board and listened to the lot of them sound off about him. They hated him for his high handedness, his pretension, his rudeness, his lack of interest in anyone else.... (don't forget that a divisional officer is expected to look after the welfare and concerns of their division members). I also remember a member of naval base staff at Rosyth telling me what a snooty and rude person he was when he commanded his own ship.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
They apologised to the Queen because she is above them in status. Anyone below doesn't matter.

With regards to PA, there is a photo of him with his arm around Guiffre. A young woman. You think he didn't notice all the young women coming and going around Epstein? Nah, that's what he was there for. Whatever the details are, she was trafficked and abused. The back story of drug use and prostitution made her more vulnerable to these people.

Reactions: 18

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Huge breaking Royal news. Her Majesty has officially said that it is her wish for Camilla to use the Queen Consort title. (I predicted that this was going to happen).

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18