The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There were rumours that he allegedly wasn’t Phillip’s but Lord Porchester’s.
Yes indeed and he looks different to Edward and Charles as he hasnt lost his hair like Philip and is more of a porker, I suppose he was her triumph over Philip who was having loads of affairs.

Reactions: 6
Yes indeed and he looks different to Edward and Charles as he hasnt lost his hair like Philip and is more of a porker, I suppose he was her triumph over Philip who was having loads of affairs.
Baldness is handed down through the mother, not the father.

Reactions: 4
I think that Charles, Edward and Anne have a lot of their father in them, and you can see that in the grandchildren such as William, Harry and Louise. Apparently Charles, Edward, William and Harry have also inherited a particular body feature from Philip 😉 as well as his body type, but not Andrew. Apparently the staff at the time of his birth referred to him as the love child but that could also be a reference to his birth after the making up of a severe rift in the marriage rather than an affair.

Beatrice definitely takes after Queen Victoria but I'm not sure where Eugenie takes her looks - I've heard people say Porchester. You can see the Spencer in Harry and young William but it's also been said that William is a Windsor to the core in character whereas Harry is very like his mother; I suspect he still has severe problems despite therapy and he definitely blames the press for chasing her the night of her death.

Reactions: 6
He must be a better actress than his wife, because happy chappie Harry had me fooled for many years.

From what I've read about him in recent years, the Palace seem to have done a very good job of suppressing various unsavoury rumours about his behaviour. If anything, he should be grateful to them.
Speaking of the palace covering up for him, I wonder how they managed to cover this up (assuming it’s actually about Harry).

https://blindgossip.com/famous-son-got-very-rough/

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I remain conviced Anne is one of the best of the whole family. Dedicated to her patronages & low-key with her family. Granted her son has had a few weird business opportunities but otherwise Anne's children seem down to earth and reasonably 'normal'. As much as one can be as the grandchild of the Monarch! Edward and Sophie too have really grown into their roles too, and kept their children's lives as 'normal' as possible.

I think Anne and Edward always sort of understood and accepted their roles in the scheme of things. Which Andrew never did.

Reactions: 16
men on my fathers side are all bald, men on my mother’s side still have thick hair. My brother is quite bald. So Andrew could have followed Porchy. He certainly looks like him.

I think the Queen has made a better granny than a mother. Both Eugenie and Beatrice adore her, Louise used to horseride with her until recently and went to Windsor Castle often after school. William and Harry both went regularly from Eton. There’s a lovely picture of TQ and Harry when she’s inspecting the troops, she’s beaming up at him and he has a wonderful smile.

Reactions: 4
I don’t believe for a second HMTQ has a child conceived outside her marriage. An affair? Who knows. But no child. Just like those ridiculous rumours about Harry’s alleged father. Just because someone looks a bit similar to someone else doesn’t mean anything. Many people also don’t favour the looks of their parents or siblings. Or heavily just feature one side of the family. That’s genetics. Eugenie has some similar facial features as Philips female relatives and some other females from the Hessen-Darmstadt line but also some similarities to Sarah’s (half-)sisters. Andrew does carry some features from the Greek relatives as well. There are tons of relatives they can look alike that we don’t even know if or have ever seen.
People are a bit naive to just look into the well known RF relatives and completely disregarded other relatives further down the line. Just look at Louis Cambridge. That little chap is the spitting image of his maternal grandfather. No reason to speculate he might not be Wiliam’s son. Those rumours are just made up due to antipathy, be it to the person or the parent.

Reactions: 17
I’m not sure, was he or was his PR team working overtime to make it seem like he was this happy go lucky Prince? I feel like the Harry we see now is the Harry he’s always been?
I don't doubt there was PR spin on many things. But look at Harry at numerous public events, or people who met him when the cameras were away and generally they all said the same thing. He got his happy cheeky chappy reputation for a reason. And some of those times will charles, william and Kate looked very genuine. Obviously he could have been depressed too (we all know smiles can mask depression), but he looks no happier now, in fact he looks worse. Why could he hide it then, now when he has all he wants can't he hide it now, or why isn't he genuinely happy. He is dead behind the eyes, excluding the occasional heavily edited posed photo.

Also one thing that always struck me is he said he didn't know he was lost until he met meghan. He didn't say 'i didn't know how lost he was', he states he didn't know at all. Which for someone we know has had counciling, has said he supposedly wasn't happy in the royal family seems odd. If you knew you weren't happy, and you've already had counciling you'd know you were somewhat lost.

Reactions: 10
People are complicated, aren’t they?
My twopennth is that he has always found life in the RF confining, especially with regards to the press and wanted something like Princess Anne or Prince Edward where there was public duty and private life but he and William had a place in the public perception as ‘our’ boys and so the interest in them was somewhat disproportionate (although now William does seems to have negotiated something similar … they flitted off to Jordan and no one was any the wiser until a Christmas Card appeared). I think he was happiest when he had an Armed Forces role.

As I’ve said, possibly too many times :cool:, I think Harry is a grass is greener on the other side, glass half empty person. Yes, he has everything he’s said he wanted … but he’s probably realising now that the grass on the other side ain’t all that and a bag of chips when you get there … and that he would be happy if only … <insert wish of the day here>.

Reactions: 11
I think Harry actually was quite happy with the status quo, except that he wanted the wife and children scenario. I suspect that had he married someone more flexible, more inclined to go along with things and not be the new broom, more quietly supportive, then he wouldnt have left and would have lived an Anne/Edward type lifestyle quite happily. I think he just married the wrong woman (and before anyone starts, not because she is mixed race but because she had a completely different pov) and that's sad. Although having said that, he is petulant and spoilt which is partly why he is where he is. JMO.

Reactions: 16
I think Harry and Meghan never wanted to live a private life. Otherwise you would not read a statement on a political/global matter from them every few weeks as if they are some kind of institution. They seem both interested to be on the international/american stage. It seems not to be a huge success for now. If they managed to have contents that are not related to the RF or Harry's traumatic childhood - like the podcasts with spotify or some documentary on netflix they would have more legitimacy.

There are hundred of charities - why theirs would be more special than any other to give them the kind of platform they are looking for? I don't think Harry's memoirs or their constant complains in the press will help them to achieve their goal.

Reactions: 13
I think Harry and Meghan never wanted to live a private life. Otherwise you would not read a statement on a political/global matter from them every few weeks as if they are some kind of institution. They seem both interested to be on the international/american stage. It seems not to be a huge success for now. If they managed to have contents that are not related to the RF or Harry's traumatic childhood - like the podcasts with spotify or some documentary on netflix they would have more legitimacy.

There are hundred of charities - why theirs would be more special than any other to give them the kind of platform they are looking for? I don't think Harry's memoirs or their constant complains in the press will help them to achieve their goal.
Apparently it was never about the charity. Surprise, surprise!

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 14.35.51.png

Reactions: 8
I can see why Harry and Meghan would want to step back, but they never really had workable, coherent plan. Realistically, the only way that they could ever make money by going it alone, is by trading off their royal connections. The only pulling power they have is the fact that he is a Prince of the United Kingdom. She is a mediocre actress, he is a dullard. With those credentials, there was never any way that they could make enough to continue living in the style to which he was accustomed.

When it became clear that they wouldn't be able to go down the route of merchandising their connections (the Sussex Royal palaver), they went for the only other option to get the money and the headlines: by trashing his family and bleating about how hard done by they are. And what's worse, they have such inability to read the room that they continued to do it constantly throughout a global pandemic which has caused untold hardship and loss. Is it any wonder why they are so unpopular? If you can't afford the necessary security to keep your wife and kids safe, I don't know, maybe downsize the 16 bathroom mansion? It's called budgeting, it's what we private citizens have to do.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I subscribe to Private Eye they have a regular column "Court Circular" which publishes stories about Royal Life on an "anonymous" basis. They detail the recent defenestration of Prince Andrew.

Their source is most likely a gossipy senior royal family employee. You should know that Private Eye has a code for the Royals Brenda=HMQE2, Brian=PC. The text and column are from EYE 1565 The 'spin' on this story if there is any is that William had no compunction is despatching Uncle Andrew, where "weak" Prince Charles was more equivocal

COURT CIRCULAR
PRINCE WILLIAM's victory over Uncle Andrew is complete. Despite attempts by Team Brian to spin last week's sacking as his own doing, it was his eldest son who again struck the final blow.
In 2019 it was the second in line who pressed Brenda into exiling Andrew after his fateful Newsnight encounter with Emily Maitlis – rather than Brian, who was overseas and had approved the interview idea in the first place (Eve 1510). And with his father away, it was William who was at Windsor last week when advance news arrived that Andrew had failed to get Virginia Giuffre's case against him thrown out.
It had been no coincidence that William and Kate had their first private Cambridge-only Christmas Day last month rather than take their children to sit at the same table as the friend of a convicted paedophile whose former confidante was on trial for sex trafficking.
Andrew, whose entitled style of royalty and treatment of commoner Kate when she arrived on the scene still riles William, saw none of this coming. He remained convinced the Newsnight interview, though uncomfortable, had cleared his name and that he had handled Maitlis well, until summoned by his mother to be told otherwise. That, it turns out, was just phase one of Operation York.
Brenda, always loyal to her second son, had assumed his exile would be temporary. Andrew expected his mother would allow him back to a semi-royal life. As the stalemate stretched beyond two years, his mother feared taking further action against him would imply she now thought him guilty.
It was Judge Lewis A Kaplan who gave Brenda the get-out clause by giving Andrew no option but to face the judicial music. Courtiers knew they had to seize the moment but were unsure how to approach Brenda about it. Fortunately for them, William was at Windsor to conduct an investiture, and with the backing of the rest of his family took control, persuading his granny that she had to sign off phase two of Operation York.
It wasn't meant to have happened like it did. It had been expected Andrew would stand aside from his military roles and royal patronages himself, sparing Brenda from having to sack him. Instead there followed 24 hours of wrangling
The showdown came when Andrew went to Windsor Castle to plead his case personally with his mum. But this was no private audience - officials were present, and despite a request by Andrew that they leave the room, they remained. Documents detailing what military roles and patronages were being removed were handed to
Andrew, but it was made clear his signature wasn't required. And he was shown the cold, terse statement that was to be issued to show his downfall was complete.
His HRH is gone, but not formally removed, meaning Andrew can still use the title on his tombstone. One concession he was allowed was for this aspect of his disgrace to be removed from the formal notice issued by the palace. For now, his position in the line of succession and his dukedom remain unchanged, mainly because they require legislation to change. He can still fly his personal standard and retain the many
gongs Brenda has given him. But Andrew has been left in no doubt that Operation York has a phase three ready to be activated if he doesn't clear his name in New York. And he really won't like that.
'Flunkey'

pjimage.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.