The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine Harry will have to do a bit of meditation, or perhaps tap himself a bit, to get over this announcement.
Given that Her Majesty is obviously unwell, I would hope that #6 and the odious wife will back off on their attacks, but they knew that Prince Philip was dying and that didn't lead them to have any decency, so I guess not.

Reactions: 13
Am I the only one who thinks the Queen looks amazing for a woman her age who had been widowed in past year?

All this hyperness about her being unwell and her death imminent- she's in her 90s! She's a darn sight better than alot in their 70s.

Obviously she's not going to be around forever but I certainly don't think she's going anywhere soon.

I wouldn't be shocked however when the celebrations are over later this year that she might succumb to her age and might deteriorate rapidly.

Reactions: 18
Huge breaking Royal news. Her Majesty has officially said that it is her wish for Camilla to use the Queen Consort title. (I predicted that this was going to happen).
I honestly don’t think it’s that ground breaking that a woman who has been Queen for 70 years and is known for being quite traditional in her approach to being Queen, would want the heirs spouse to get the correct title.

Camilla has shown herself to be a loyal, hardworking member of the family. If you support having a monarchy you can’t pick and chose the rules, it makes no sense to say “I want Charles to be King, and think Catherine should be Queen because Williams King, but don’t want Queen Camilla because I like Diana”.

Reactions: 20
Dim question but what is the significance of consort rather than just queen?
Consort just means wife of the reigning king. There was much speculation that she wouldn't receive that title which would have been a snub.

Reactions: 10
Thank you @BigMavis

Announcing it at all seems a bit odd but hey ho, ld suppose it settles it and it will make the transition easier. It's a nice nod to Camilla.

Reactions: 7
Dim question but what is the significance of consort rather than just queen?
It just means the Wife of a King, who is king by right.
All the Queens married to the King, like the Queen Mother and Queen Mary were actually Queen Consorts.
However, when a Queen marries her husband is Prince Consort (like Albert and Philip, even though PP was never titled as such) because a King outranks a Queen, even one who is only king because they married the actual Queen-by-right.
It’s that wonderful male hierarchy thing again.

Reactions: 10
To announce them as His Majesty King Charles the Third and Camilla, The Princess Consort would have made her sound like a Courtesan/bleep.

It also solves the problem of her title if Charles dies before her, she simply continues to be HM Queen Camilla.

Reactions: 3
To announce them as His Majesty King Charles the Third and Camilla, The Princess Consort would have made her sound like a Courtesan/bleep.

It also solves the problem of her title if Charles dies before her, she simply continues to be HM Queen Camilla.
Queen Dowager,I think?

Reactions: 2
Queen Dowager,I think?

The widows of King Edward VII and King George V were rarely referred to as the Dowager Queen, they carried on with their previous titles of HM Queen Alexandra and HM Queen Mary. HM Queen Elizabeth (wife of King George VI) opted for Queen Mother to avoid the dowager title, as we then would have had two living HM Queen Elizabeth's.

Reactions: 9
Those that keep bleating ‘should skip Charles for William’ just irritate me. I’m happy for Camilla, she’s settled well into the RF and has taken on some good causes, no fuss and everyone who meets her says she’s hardworking and down to earth. I don’t think things were as bad as the press reported back in the ‘there we’re three in the marriage says’. Diana did many good things but she also had many lovers and was incredibly manipulative and used the press when it suited. I don’t condone adultery but feel they were pushed into marrying each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
A fitting title for someone who shagged a married man for many years, whilst she was married also, or are we accepting that as something that should be rewarded these days 🤷‍♀️

and it’s nothing to do with Diana for me - I just have morals and don’t like cheating cunts!

she will never be any queen of mine ……

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Those that keep bleating ‘should skip Charles for William’ just irritate me. I’m happy for Camilla, she’s settled well into the RF and has taken on some good causes, no fuss and everyone who meets her says she’s hardworking and down to earth. I don’t think things were as bad as the press reported back in the ‘there we’re three in the marriage says’. Diana did many good things but she also had many lovers and was incredibly manipulative and used the press when it suited. I don’t condone adultery but feel they were pushed into marrying each other.
I think one of the problems is that because she died at a relatively young age, that she was elevated to Saint status by some people. Marriages end, and there were definitely faults on both sides of that one. I like to think that had she not died, she would have eventually found happiness and re-married (It wouldn't have been Dodi), and that Charles and her would eventually just settle into some kind of friendship where they would be fine with having joint family occassions for their children and grandchildren. I don't think that she would have liked what Harry has done, although I kind of think that she might have ended up being jealous of the popularity and appeal of William and Catherine.

Reactions: 21
Diana was definitely no saint. She broke up Will and Julia Carling's marriage. She was happy to go after married men, these married men were obviously at fault too.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Diana was constantly calling the home of Oliver Hoare for over a year and either remaining silent or screaming abuse at his wife. This was after he broke off the affair with her and he and his wife decided to make their marriage work. The police tracked the calls to her mobile, the home of her sister Sarah and KP. I’m sure Oliver Hoare’s wife and Julia Carling must have been seething when Diana mentioned the ‘three people in the marriage’.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I think one of the problems is that because she died at a relatively young age, that she was elevated to Saint status by some people. Marriages end, and there were definitely faults on both sides of that one. I like to think that had she not died, she would have eventually found happiness and re-married (It wouldn't have been Dodi), and that Charles and her would eventually just settle into some kind of friendship where they would be fine with having joint family occassions for their children and grandchildren. I don't think that she would have liked what Harry has done, although I kind of think that she might have ended up being jealous of the popularity and appeal of William and Catherine.
Exactly. I don’t think Diana would still be fussed in any way if Camilla is called Princess or Queen. If she was still deeply hurt after over 25 years, that would be highly irritating. Especially because Charles and her seemed to be getting to a more amicable point around her death. She would have moved on and very probably dropped into a more insignificant life. You cannot keep up this kind of hype forever and the whole Saint Diana narrative would have broken down at one point.
And regarding the cheating- people really need to look at reality. Statistically 1 in 5 people have an affair. And it’s really nobody business but theirs and their spouses. If you really would like to fire them (because that’s basically what taking the title from them means) that would make a pretty strange world we live in. People that are so invested in the live life of others maybe need to step back and ask themselves why. I mean, I get saying that you don’t want a cheater to represent you as PM, HoS or as department leader. But it’s not completely (you can still get outnumbered in an election) up to you and it would definitely not point at Camilla but Charles. The only real problem is the undignified way all this played out in public. Apart from that I couldn’t care less if Charles and Di shagged each 35 people in their wedding night. And looking at all the other royal houses- we have at least three Kings (one in exile) that had HUGE cheating scandals.

Charles’ wife would always be Queen. The wife of a King is a Queen. Not using the title doesn’t change a thing. The consort addition is only used outside the official stuff so that people who don’t really know how it works realise that she is not the monarch. Neither Maxima, Letizia, Sonja, Mathilde or Silvia are called Queen consort. I am not even sure the description officially exists.
It is good that HMTQ tests the waters and prepares the people for the next monarch. [Much better would be a statement by Wiliam though (ideally joined with Harry but that’s out of the question I guess). Because if Diana’s children are fine there is really no need to for everyone else to have an opinion.] I think she should have started that years ago. They did but only very carefully. The great press Charles and Cam have had for years didn’t come out if nowhere and it has helped their perception. My guess is, that’s why overshadowing any of PC&C engagements in the last year was a big No No. But there should have been more joined engagements. With HMTQ and W&K (because the young ones always get more attention). We should have seen more „take my son to work“ pictures. Him having a more active role while HMTQ is present. W&K should have been pushed more as well. If they had started seriously after the last jubilee people would be more at ease about this. Or maybe 3 year ago. Maybe they tried but the hype around H&M slowed that down? You can lead the focus and interest of the public only so much.
Anyway. It was about time. Let’s hope they get rid of Andrew, Fergie and H&M after the jubilee so the house is cleaned up and ready to move forward.

Reactions: 17
I never doubted Camilla would be known as Queen, but I’m very intrigued as to why this has been announced now all of sudden? We are being prepared for the end.
Couldn't she just be planning to step down willingly after the celebrations are over in favour of Charles? Why keep working once she's past this milestone

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.