The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how "not close" a friend would have to be to get an invitation to Balmoral, and be able to sit on the throne at BuckPal??
I could be missing something but I’m finding some of the ‘defence’ completely baffling.
When Epstein was in the tit Andrew seemed to be claiming that he didn’t know him particularly well and that he was actually friends with Maxwell. And now he and Maxwell were apparently ‘not close’ either ( despite the trip to Balmoral, the holidays together, the private tour of Buck House etc ) It can’t be both surely, unless it’s the Schroedinger’s cat of friendships, whereby they were simultaneously very close and virtual strangers. 🙄

Reactions: 13
I could be missing something but I’m finding some of the ‘defence’ completely baffling.
When Epstein was in the tit Andrew seemed to be claiming that he didn’t know him particularly well and that he was actually friends with Maxwell. And now he and Maxwell were apparently ‘not close’ either ( despite the trip to Balmoral, the holidays together, the private tour of Buck House etc ) It can’t be both surely, unless it’s the Schroedinger’s cat of friendships, whereby they were simultaneously very close and virtual strangers. 🙄
I had exactly the same thought!

I am sure they will be elaborating on the definition of "good friends", like Clinton who claimed he didn't have sex with Monica L on the basis of his definition of sex.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Prince Andrew is awful and deserves almost all he has coming, but he doesn't deserve to be the only fall guy. How is America not raising questions about Clinton, Trump etc. They all have proven links.

Reactions: 28
Prince Andrew is awful and deserves almost all he has coming, but he doesn't deserve to be the only fall guy. How is America not raising questions about Clinton, Trump etc. They all have proven links.
I always thought if it’s just about money and bringing someone down, surely you’d get more from an ex president or even a big celebrity? In reality, what does Prince Andrew have? All the money and wealth is held by other members of his family, millions of even British people probably couldn’t have picked him from a line up 5 years ago, and he holds absolutely no power. The most powerful thing about him is he’s his mums favourite, but that doesn’t account for much when she’s 95 and the next two in line don’t like you.

Reactions: 9
It won't affect the royal family at all given Prince Andrew has lost his HRH and positions
He still has his HRH he’s just not allowed to use it publicly and still is a Vice Admiral to the Royal Navy, counsellor of state and Royal Knight of the Order of the Garter so the Queen hasn’t cut him fully adrift.

I agree, it’s quite baffling - it’s almost as if his consul is full of Yes people who agree to his version of events and don’t want to upset him. The idea that he doesn’t know if that photo is real or fake and his hand around VG’s waist looks off just shows he’s clutching at straws.

Reactions: 6
Yes strange isn't it. American legal elite have thrown the book at a minor descendant of King George IIIrd (memories of the American War of Independence still linger a bit), however clearly they hope the average American is then satisfied and almost seems any wrongdoers in the US elite can then be ignored

Reactions: 4
Has VG ever named anyone other than Andrew and Epstein?
Ghislaine Maxwell!
Alan Dershowitz
Bill Clinton ( From what I can remember she didn’t accuse him of abusing her, but said that she’d seen him with Epstein’s ‘girls’ on numerous occasions)
I think she also named a couple of other men - billionaire bankers or something like that, but I can’t remember who.

Just heard on the news that Andrew has 'voluntarily' relinquished his honorary membership of St Andrews golf club - THAT'S going to hurt!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

He’s such a charmer. 🤣
He always used to crop up in those "rudest celebrities you've met" threads all over the internet even before his scandal. I'm glad he's getting a good dose of karma and I hope there's more to come. The absolute bellend.

Reactions: 12
Andrew is a terrible person.

Virginia's stories all are so different from each other - it will harm her going forward. She was in Thailand to pick up girls for Epstein and Maxwell, for God's sake! I think going for Andrew means they are trying to cover up for others like Gates, Clinton, Trump.

She will get a big payout and Andrew will withdraw from public life. Mummy will pay.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Virginia's stories all are so different from each other - it will harm her going forward. She was in Thailand to pick up girls for Epstein and Maxwell, for God's sake! I think going for Andrew means they are trying to cover up for others like Gates, Clinton, Trump.

She will get a big payout and Andrew will withdraw from public life. Mummy will pay.
It’s common for abused trafficked victims to be implicated in their abuser’s crimes. What choice do they really have at the time?

Reactions: 19
It’s common for abused trafficked victims to be implicated in their abuser’s crimes. What choice do they really have at the time?
I don't disagree. But I do not 100% believe her either - all her stories are convoluted and very different from one another.

My opinion is this - Andrew did not know about the trafficking. She was legal. He is arrogant and dumb as a box of rocks. He believed it was consensual. Who wouldn't want him, he's a prince, and was a war hero! Let's forget he's paunchy and a total piece of rubbish. Mummy's favorite! I do not think he committed a crime (legally) but he should be shunted into oblivion and never seen or heard from again.

I also really think the focus on Andrew is to keep the focus off more important, more powerful people.

Reactions: 18
I don't disagree. But I do not 100% believe her either - all her stories are convoluted and very different from one another.

My opinion is this - Andrew did not know about the trafficking. She was legal. He is arrogant and dumb as a box of rocks. He believed it was consensual. Who wouldn't want him, he's a prince, and was a war hero! Let's forget he's paunchy and a total piece of rubbish. Mummy's favorite! I do not think he committed a crime (legally) but he should be shunted into oblivion and never seen or heard from again.

I also really think the focus on Andrew is to keep the focus off more important, more powerful people.
While I can see Andrew deluding himself and just not looking at all the odd things around it- that is not enough. I don’t know US law, but “I didn’t know she was underage/coerced/trafficked” is not a sufficient defence to get you out of trouble here. Not anymore. You are complicit. If you accidentally kill someone or destroy something and didn’t notice, you will still get to bear the consequences if they get you.

I always thought if it’s just about money and bringing someone down, surely you’d get more from an ex president or even a big celebrity? In reality, what does Prince Andrew have? All the money and wealth is held by other members of his family, millions of even British people probably couldn’t have picked him from a line up 5 years ago, and he holds absolutely no power. The most powerful thing about him is he’s his mums favourite, but that doesn’t account for much when she’s 95 and the next two in line don’t like you.
Harsh, but true

Reactions: 3

I disagree with you for this reason: Epstein's homes were full of nude photos of girls. Lots and lots of young girls were coming and going, and there was no chance in hell that those who went to his homes did not realize what was going on. This is especially true for Andrew the freeloader. According to Giuffre (whom I believe), she was informed by Maxwell that she was going to meet a prince, then told she would have to sleep with him. The whole thing had been arranged, and she was trafficked to London precisely because of the age of consent issue. All testimony about their encounter suggests that this was an arranged thing, first they go to the club, then to the house, then to bed, so it was trafficking and he knew it. Why did he do it? Because he could, just like many sociopathic rich and privileged people. Even the encounter, as it is described, i.e. that out of the blue she goes to the bathroom, and then he follows? That's not how one-night-stands happen and certainly not in the house of friends, if this is not something that is usually arranged.

I have found her story consistent. I also don't think that she's going for a big payout. I think she genuinely wishes to have this big, spectacular trial, which she is probably going to win. I agree with you that, because the world wants heads to roll and big names to go down, they chose the dumbest ass, which is why the rest have not been pursued.

I also think that several big names may have been receiving trafficked girls in their own place. Andrew is a freeloader, and his friend recorded everything. Remember that video in Epstein's NY mansion? He is trying to hide and talks to at least one very young girl. It was probably released to remind him that there are more tapes of him in more intimate moments.

Reactions: 16
While I can see Andrew deluding himself and just not looking at all the odd things around it- that is not enough. I don’t know US law, but “I didn’t know she was underage/coerced/trafficked” is not a sufficient defence to get you out of trouble here. Not anymore. You are complicit. If you accidentally kill someone or destroy something and didn’t notice, you will still get to bear the consequences if they get you.
He wouldn't get in trouble under US law I don't believe because sleeping with her was not illegal as she was of age of consent. I don't think - LEGALLY - he broke any laws. Morally - oh yes he is a scumbag and immoral as hell and guilty as hell! According to US law because she is the claimant she has to provide all the hard evidence. I am intrigued to see how this goes - I think because she is the claimant it is why his lawyers are going for a trial believing that she won't have enough to convict. I am not a lawyer but took several law classes so I bet someone else knows more but this is what I understand if I remember my law correctly.

I never saw any videos of Andrew there personally so, I'm just saying these are my thoughts on the matter. I hope everyone involved in this is imprisoned for life- but I don't think anyone will be at all. Too many powerful disgusting evil people involved, and even Andrew will probably come out unscathed just like everyone else ... and that is the real horrific issue here, nobody is going to pay for this. I don't think anything will happen other than Andrew's already awful reputation will be reinforced and the others involved in this will get off scot-free.

re: her story - first it was New Mexico, then it was London, her ages, etc have all changed during different statements made under oath (and in her writing). She already got a payout from Andrew in the past as well.

Reactions: 3
I agree that targeting Andrew takes the heat off other big names. He should be punished. But so should they

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.